Slavery reparations?

Are you for or against slavery reparations?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And reparations isnt just about slavery either, but paying for putting black people down for over 100 years after slavery was abolished. How many black people had ancestors who were denied a job last century because they were black? .

How about a white person who was denied a job last week because he was white? Or an Asian student who wasn't accepted to a university because he was Asian? How far do we take this and where does the $ come from?

We need to remember and learn as a nation, but this just isn't practical at this point.

What about them? Whites had centuries of AA. Asians did not go through what Black people did. Its practical. If we can fund a war we can get this done.

And reparations isnt just about slavery either, but paying for putting black people down for over 100 years after slavery was abolished. How many black people had ancestors who were denied a job last century because they were black? .

How about a white person who was denied a job last week because he was white? Or an Asian student who wasn't accepted to a university because he was Asian? How far do we take this and where does the $ come from?

We need to remember and learn as a nation, but this just isn't practical at this point.

What about them?

You're too stupid to even understand what you're saying. Talk about being part of the problem...

What about them?

You're too stupid to even understand what you're saying. Talk about being part of the problem...

You love calling names when you get frustrated. Just address my post. Why is that an issue after centuries of Black people losing or being denied their jobs? Why is it not "practical" if we can spend all kinds of money on wars? Seems to me it only became a problem if Black people are given what is due.

Last edited:
And reparations isnt just about slavery either, but paying for putting black people down for over 100 years after slavery was abolished. How many black people had ancestors who were denied a job last century because they were black? How much did racism cost black america? I think $250k is perfectly reasonable. Several generations of blacks were denied the ability to work and acquire wealth, and even get an education. And that directly impacts how black society is today.
There is merit to what you've said about the Jim Crow effect. But you've specified a $250k reparation figure. Who would receive that sum? Every Black person in America? If not, which ones?

Our past. That is what I said isn't it? History? You know that subject that so many people hated in school? I rather enjoyed history except for having to remember exact dates. I was pretty good with time periods but if the question was what day did Cornwall surrender at Yorktown and my thought was, who gives a shit what day it was?

There are a lot of things our elders can teach us. It is a shame we can't learn from them now as so much history has been befuddled by so called modern day historians.
Again -- such as? Specifically what things could or should we have learned from the past which are relevant to the topic, which is reparations for the practice of slavery in America?

Asked and answered. Next

You love calling names when you get frustrated. .

You're hopeless. There is no avoiding the conclusion that you are a racist idiot. You've proven it here too many times. Have fun.

You can run but you cant hide. Address the questions or explain to he board why you are incapable of doing so.

Why is that an issue after centuries of Black people losing or being denied their jobs? Why is it not "practical" if we can spend all kinds of money on wars? Seems to me it only became a problem if Black people are given what is due.

Im for reparations. Because its not right that previous generations of black people were robbed of their right to acquire wealth so their children had something to inherit. Black america would be in a way better situation if they inherited some of the wealth passed on for generations. But that was stolen from us, and thats why they owe us. Every black man in america who can prove they had an ancestor who was a slave should get $250,000 at least. Obama said he was gonna spread the wealth around, and reparations would be the way to do it. What is he waiting for?

Prove that inherited wealth would have grown to $250,000 per African.

Show all your work.

Why should anyone prove anything to you? You just have to agree or disagree.

I disagree with the poor math.

I'm white actually.

Kidnapping is a criminal offense, while at the time slavery wasn't, on the criminal count alone reparations are justified.

Slave owners didn't kidnap anyone, they bought those slaves with hard earned money. If a criminal act was made it was made in Africa out of US jurisdiction.

But for the sake of argument, let's see your evidence.

You sir, have been tragically misinformed.

No, he's correct in every way.

An ancestor of mine died fighting for the Union Army.

We already paid, kiss my ass.

That was no payment. That was duty or be a draft dodger. No monetary compensation came the former slaves way because the Union fought to keep the south from seceding. Thats the whole point of reparations. Look it up.

Why should we compensate today's negros for slavery that happened 150 years ago? Makes no fucking sense.

You sir, have been tragically misinformed.

No, he's correct in every way.

LL is a bigtime liar. He is never correct.

You sir are a liar.

Everything in my statement was correct.

American slave owners did not go to Africa and kidnap Africans to be used as slaves. But hey, I don't expect a racist fuck like you to agree. Stay a victim the rest of your pathetic life and teach your children to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back