Slavery reparations?

Are you for or against slavery reparations?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All modern day individuals in American society who benefited from from the exploitation of African slaves should pay reparations to the descendants of exploited African slaves.

All of modern American society benefited (to some degree or another) from the exploitation of African slaves.

Modern day African Americans are a part of modern American society.

Therefore, modern day African Americans benefited (to some degree or another) from the exploitation of African slaves.

Thus reparations to the descendants of exploited African slaves should also be paid by the recipients of such reparations.

All modern day individuals in American society who benefited from from the exploitation of African slaves should pay reparations to the descendants of exploited African slaves.

All of modern American society benefited (to some degree or another) from the exploitation of African slaves.

Therefore, modern day African Americans benefited (to some degree or another) from the exploitation of African slaves.

Thus reparations to the descendants of exploited African slaves should also be paid by the recipients of such reparations.

Yes. Everyone that pays taxes would be paying. Reparations is to come from the government not individual families that benefited like say the ex POTUS Bush. This would be funded in the exact same manner that wars are funded.

There should be a stipulation that at least 50% of the funds has to be used to purchase real estate and for education.

Last edited:

Yes. Everyone that pays taxes would be paying. Reparations is to come from the government not individual families that benefited like say the ex POTUS Bush. This would be funded in the exact same manner that wars are funded.

Nobody "should" be paying. Indeed, there is nobody to pay.

The victims of the evil institution of slavery might have been entitled to reparations; but those victims no longer exist. I looked it up. Slavery has been gone a LONG time.

The victims of the evil institution of slavery might have been entitled to reparations; but those victims no longer exist. I looked it up. Slavery has been gone a LONG time.

You cant seem to get your thoughts together. You are the one that mentioned "should" be paying as I bolded in your above comments. I just agreed with you.

The victims that were entitled never received reparations. How do you people keep missing that? Their descendants should receive those long overdue reparations with interest. The money that was owed to those victims belongs with their families. Anyone that disagrees is merely fitting my growing suspicion that you are the equivalent of a deadbeat that refuses to pay your debts.

You cant seem to get your thoughts together. You are the one that mentioned "should" be paying as I bolded in your above comments. I just agreed with you.

The victims that were entitled never received reparations. How do you people keep missing that? Their descendants should receive those long overdue reparations with interest. The money that was owed to those victims belongs with their families. Anyone that disagrees is merely fitting my growing suspicion that you are the equivalent of a deadbeat that refuses to pay your debts.

Wrong. My thoughts are clear.

I was couching the silly claim of the proponents of "reparations" into a logical syllogism form.

This is how we explore the purported "logic" (if any) of a person's proposition. You know: is it logical? Is it valid? Are the premises themselves truthful?

Sorry all of that eluded you.

If it helps you any, I do not subscribe myself to the silly claim that anybody owes anybody else "reparations" for what our ancestors may have done or had done to them. In fact, I dispute that ridiculous contention.

Last edited:
Housing, Education, Jobs the Usual

Blacks have the same access as anyone else to all those things. Do you mean to tell me that none of these things can be acquired without the white man helping?

You don't think too highly of your people.

I know, thats why there should be programs ONLY for blacks and not that Affirmative Action nonsense that all the white women and asians are using up

At least you admit that your people can't do anything without the white man helping.

I'm still alive dumbass. So are other descendents of slaves.

Yes you are alive and you were never a slave. Therefore no compensation is due to you. I doubt you or could trace your lineage back that far. But on the off chance you can, who were your ancestors masters?

Its not hard to understand. My ancestors were enslaved. They were never compensated. Compensation should come to me. See how that works? Wait a minute. You are nothing but a liar. Why am I even talking to you? Go play on the highway liar.

Who were your ancestors masters?

Surely you traced your lineage all the way back to the plantation. If not then how can you prove you're a descendant of slaves.

I was couching the silly claim of the proponents of "reparations" into a logical syllogism form.

This is how we explore the purported "logic" (if any) of a person's proposition. You know: is it logical? Is it valid? Are the premises themselves truthful?

If it helps you any, I do not subscribe myself to the silly claim that anybody owes anybody else "reparations" for what our ancestors may have done or had done to them. In fact, I dispute that ridiculous contention.

Your thoughts are about as clear as a muddy puddle of water. Dont try and lie because I used your post against you. "Well what I meant was......" You thought I would say no and now you look like a fool. You have no basis for a "logical" argument because your position is illogical. This country allowed for and profited from free labor using slavery. This country has never paid that value stolen from Black people back to specifically African Americans. Not only that but the country furthermore regulated Black people to being second class citizens in direct contradiction to the constitution. This country has a dirty stain on it. Paying reparations would go a long way towards cleaning that stain up.

Stop your whining already!

Go out and make something of yourself and stop blaming your troubles on what a small fraction of whites did over a 150 years ago!!

Reparations will never be paid so deal with it!!

Your thoughts are about as clear as a muddy puddle of water. Dont try and lie because I used your post against you. "Well what I meant was......" You thought I would say no and now you look like a fool. You have no basis for a "logical" argument because your position is illogical. This country allowed for and profited from free labor using slavery. This country has never paid that value stolen from Black people back to specifically African Americans. Not only that but the country furthermore regulated Black people to being second class citizens in direct contradiction to the constitution. This country has a dirty stain on it. Paying reparations would go a long way towards cleaning that stain up.

Now you are just confirming that you are a liar and stupid.

You were unable to GRASP what I was saying and doing. Now, you must be embarrassed. That's ok. It's justified. Clearly you have much to be embarrassed about.

Since you cannot refute what I posted (and I did couch the ridiculous contention that "reparations" are somehow justifiable in a clear and straightforward set of premises and one neat logical syllogism), you are now flailing. Lashing out all angry and shit.

:lmao:

It's casual.

I have read your stuff and you are often nothing but laughable. So don't worry. I cannot imagine that too many adults take you seriously.

You were unable to GRASP what I was saying and doing. Now, you must be embarrassed. That's ok. It's justified. Clearly you have much to be embarrassed about.

Since you cannot refute what I posted (and I did couch the ridiculous contention that "reparations" are somehow justifiable in a clear and straightforward set of premises and one neat logical syllogism), you are now flailing. Lashing out all angry and shit.

It's casual.

I have read your stuff and you are often nothing but laughable. So don't worry. I cannot imagine that too many adults take you seriously.

Thats what I would say if I got caught in my own post as well and didnt want to admit it. I already refuted everything in your post before you decided you wanted to try debate the issue. Trying the discredit game is admitting you cannot debate a topic. Now that you have been thoroughly chastised you are free to go on about your business and try to develop a logical argument. i see you have nothing to refute what I said except what your opinion is and the fact that you dont want Black people to inherit what their ancestors were due. There is a precedent in place already with the Japanese. Who do you think is more valid and believable? The precedent already set or you? :lol:

Last edited:

It's casual.

Thats what I would say if I got caught in my own post as well and didnt want to admit it. I already refuted everything in your post before you decided you wanted to try debate the issue. Trying the discredit game is admitting you cannot debate a topic. Now that you have been thoroughly chastised you are free to go on about your business and try to develop a logical argument. i see you have nothing to refute what I said except what your opinion is and the fact that you dont want Black people to inherit what their ancestors were due. There is a precedent in place already with the Japanese. Who do you think is more valid and believable? The precedent already set or you? :lol:

Of course, your mindless and petty willingness to repeat your false claim doesn't make you look any less lame.

The FACT remains:

You have no ability to logically justify the ridiculous notion of some obligation to pay "reparations" to the descendants of long dead slaves.

You haven't cobbled together even one coherent thought on the matter, in fact.

Hell, you didn't eve grasp the fact that I couched the basic proposition into the form of a syllogism to explore that absurd claim.

And now that I have explained the painfully obvious to you, you lash out in a lame ad hominem effort.

You are quite weak. :lol:

Oh. And "precedent" is a piss-poor example. If the logic supporting the "precedent" is lacking, then it is likely to be lacking for your proposal, too.

Further, it is NOT the case that the actual victims of the Japanese internments are all dead. I realize that "all analogies limp," but yours is crippled. In fact, it was still-born.

Last edited:

It's casual.

Of course, your mindless and petty willingnesws to repeaqt your false claim doesn't make you look any less lame.

The FACT remains:

You have no ability to logically justify the ridiculous notion of some obligation to pay "reparations" to the descendants of long dead slaves.

Hell, you didn't eve grasp the fact that I couched the basic proposition into the form of a syllogism to explore that absurd claim.

And now that I have explained the painfully obvious to you, you lash out in a lame ad hominem effort.

Your entire premise is faulty. Where and how does reparations not apply to the descendants of the party that should have received them? If you can figure that one out you will see how faulty your position is. Reparations are payments to rectify a wrong. It doesnt specify a time limit. Maybe if you could look up the entomology of the word reparations you would not be so illogical in your stance.

You didnt couch anything. You thought I would disagree with your post and immediately got upset when I agreed. Its OK just admit that to yourself if no one else. Now that I have corrected you and your thinking you can now understand why reparations should be paid. Do you agree?

I included the link for reparations so you can be clear on what it means.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=reparation

Last edited:
Oh yes,whitey you are gonna pay,pay,pay for all the BS you put Black folks thru.So you might as well "manup" and pay.

We've been paying for the last fifty years. What do you think all those federal programs and grants and Affirmative Action and community initiatives have been? It was nothing more than vote buying and under the table "reparations". The War on Poverty wasn't there to get poor whites to vote Democrat because they already were. LBJ did it because "we'll have those ******* voting Democrat for the next two hundred years." You got your reparations.

I'd be insulted if I were black and people kept talking about reparations. Your grandparents faced firehoses, dogs, and the Bull Conners of the world and all they demanded was a chance to prove they were equal to whites. Their grandchildren are proudly proclaiming that they can't get ahead without whites giving them special advantages. All you're doing is proving the racists right because you're saying you're incapable.

It's casual.

The Japanese weren't slaves.

We've been paying for the last fifty years. What do you think all those federal programs and grants and Affirmative Action and community initiatives have been? It was nothing more than vote buying and under the table "reparations". The War on Poverty wasn't there to get poor whites to vote Democrat because they already were. LBJ did it because "we'll have those ******* voting Democrat for the next two hundred years." You got your reparations.

I'd be insulted if I were black and people kept talking about reparations. Your grandparents faced firehoses, dogs, and the Bull Conners of the world and all they demanded was a chance to prove they were equal to whites. Their grandchildren are proudly proclaiming that they can't get ahead without whites giving them special advantages. All you're doing is proving the racists right because you're saying you're incapable.

Here comes another clown with the "shame on you" approach. Sorry but that doesn't work on me primarly because it absolves this country of being indebted due to allowing slavery to go on.

Affirmative Action does not benefit solely Black people. As a matter of fact it benefits white people more than anyone else as white women are the biggest benefactors. That argument only works if there is a program that benefits only Black people. I cant think of even one.

Yes my ancestors were brave and faced all kind of evil crap from inbred cave apes trying to achieve full citizenship. That actually should be included in the reparations as well. However, reparations are not a handout despite you attempting to twist it that way. It is a debt incurred by the US for exploiting Black people which resulted in the economic power it has become. Pay up or shut up but dont try and say its not owed.

Of course, your mindless and petty willingnesws to repeaqt your false claim doesn't make you look any less lame.

The FACT remains:

Your entire premise is faulty. Where and how does reparations not apply to the descendants of the party that should have received them? If you can figure that one out you will see how faulty your position is. Reparations are payments to rectify a wrong. It doesnt specify a time limit. Maybe if you could look up the entomology of the word reparations you would not be so illogical in your stance.

You didnt couch anything. You thought I would disagree with your post and immediately got upset when I agreed. Its OK just admit that to yourself if no one else. Now that I have corrected you and your thinking you can now understand why reparations should be paid. Do you agree?

Online Etymology Dictionary

If I get hit by a car driven by some asshole in an illegal and dangerous fashion, and I suffer injuries, I can sue the bastard. When he gets ordered to pay me for my economic losses, I am getting reparations.

My son who was not in my car with me when the asshole struck my car, and therefore was not injured, has NO injuries. HE, therefore, cannot even be heard to complain. He can't sue and he can't get reparations.

It's a bitch, isn't it? :lmao:

Speaking of faulty premises, you seem to offer nothing but.

None of your facile faux analysis, however, stands up to the test of logic or reason.

The FACT remains:

Online Etymology Dictionary

If I get hit by a car driven by some asshole in an illegal and dangerous fashion, and I suffer injuries, I can sue the bastard. When he gets ordered to pay me for my economic losses, I am getting reparations.

My son who was not in my car with me when the asshole struck my car, and therefore was not injured, has NO injuries. HE, therefore, cannot even be heard to complain. He can't sue and he can't get reparations.

It's a bitch, isn't it? :lmao:

Speaking of faulty premises, you seem to offer nothing but.

None of your facile faux analysis, however, stands up to the test of logic or reason.

You are digging yourself a hole and getting defeated by your own logic. If you are alive the reparations goes to you. If you die as a result of the accident your family gets it even if they were vacationing in the Bahamas at the time of the accident. Surely you can come up with something better than that weak analogy. :lol:

So far you have not presented one shred of logic that can explain your position on this issue. You simply have to do better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back