Slavery reparations?

Are you for or against slavery reparations?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should we "let it go"? Its never been paid. Its a debt this country owes. Whats funny is that you think Black people have anything to prove to you. :lol:

We will be the judge of whether or not reparations will help. Your input is not needed. Just pay your taxes.

Who isn't owed? My Irish ancestors were used and abused when they got here. So were my German ancestors and my English ancestors that came as indentured servants. Where's my free shit for their suffering? Can we cut a check to Chinese Americans because their coolie ancestors did laundry and built a railroad? Can I get some free shit because my coal miner ancestors were killed for trying to get fair wages? Everyone that's come to this country has gotten a raw deal at one time or another.

You just want free shit and will use other's suffering as your justification.

Shut up and ask for reparations if feel your people are owed due to the damage caused by the US. Dont tell me why my claims are not valid because of your inaction. Your people did not go through anything like what my people went through. They may have been poor, illiterate, white trash but they were free. They got paid for their work. Your failure to act is not a reason why reparations should not be paid to Blacks. Stop whining and being a hater.

AssClap, YOU didn't go through the rigors and indignity of slavery, either.

Your distant forebears did, maybe. But not you. Not your parents. Not your grandparents. Probably not your great grandparents, either.

So, your claim to some entitlement to "reparations" is silly.

It's absurd.

It's ridiculous.

And it's completely unsupported.

Good work.

:lmao:

LOL.

I accept your concession.

Tell you what. It's obvious that you are feeling humiliated. Justifiable.

But you are the one who tried to make an 'argument" premised on precedent. I easily refuted it.

Then I turn your attention to a similar proposition. I maintain that there is NO "precedent" for paying "reparations" to third and fourth generations. And there is absolutely no "precedent" for making people who have zero responsibility paying "reparations" at all.

I know that even you realize what a massive fail you have been. Embrace it. Be who and what you are. It's not like you will ever be anything but a fail as long as you keep making this silly "demand."

"Reparations." :lmao:

What a ridiculous notion.

When thoroughly defeated people tend to claim they won something in order to feel better. :lol:

You still have not shown anything to refute the claim. The precedent is clear. What you want the definition of reparations to be is as irrelevant as your argument against them.

I see you are projecting your feelings of humiliation in order to feel better about being so badly shown up for your illogical argument. i could let you feel better but I wont.

As long as you try to talk yourself into thinking your logic is sound the more humiliating it will get for you. Your avoidance of answering the questions speak volumes more than anything you can type. You better get someone more logical to help you form your arguments. You are about as astute as a 1rst grader.

You are even worse at pop psychology when you are humiliated than you are at making your lame "reparations" argument in the first place.

In any event, there is still not a shred of logic in your arguments.

I'd break it all down for you nice and simple, again, but clearly you haven't been paying any attention. Be honest. You got shitty grades in school until the day you dropped out. amirite?

But I will spare you a LITTLE bit more of your ceaseless self-humiliation. Since YOU are the proponent of the proposition in favor of "reparations" (that means you are the person making the original argument here in favor of that stupid shit), it is YOU who carries what is known as the burden of persuasion. True story.

Have an adult 'splain it to you. Anyway, it boils down to the fact that YOU have the burden of proof here. So, make your arguments, but stop trying to rely on your utterly shoddy logic and already refuted contentions.

NO. The Japanese Internment "reparations" are NOT "precedent" for slavery reparations to the third and fourth and later GENERATIONS of the descendants of slaves.

NO. Reparations are NOT payable by people who were not responsible in the first place.

NO. Even if some of us can actually be said to have derived some much-later generation "benefits" from the ancient slavery practice, those "benefits" do NOT result in us "owing" anything to long dead victims OR their fourth or fifth generation offspring.

You tend to make these broad based and unsupported claims, but YOU studiously avoid backing up your self-serving claims.

Try carrying your burden their child.

Getting emotional, cursing and typing in all caps is a sure sign of weakness in your argument. You saying "no" like a petulant tow-headed child does not change the facts. You tend to do this when ever you are on the losing end of a debate and its quite transparent not to mention hilarious. You need to get your head together and focus on the facts.

Slaves were wronged by the US.
For that wrong reparations should have been paid immediately. It was not.
The Japanese were wronged. The US paid the victims immediately and also the heirs of those victims.
To date there has been no addressing of this with any kind of benefit to specifically descendents of slavery.
There is no expiration date on reparations.

When you can coherently dispute those facts you might actually gain my respect. So far you have only struck out badly.

I pay my fair share of taxes and all that. No matter what RACE I am. I am sorry if that wasn’t succinct enough. People don't need free money they never earned because of the random element of race. Is that simple enough?

God damn! IlarMeilyr is crushing Asclepias in this debate. In fact, you can't even call it a debate; its simply a one sided ass whooping. :lol:

Last edited:
I pay my fair share of taxes and all that. No matter what RACE I am. I am sorry if that wasn’t succinct enough. People don't need free money they never earned because of the random element of race. Is that simple enough?

Yes your explanation was very simple reflecting and reflective of your level of intelligence. Reparations is not free money. It is tied to a debt owed to the descendants of slavery. Let me know when you graduate to a higher plane of understanding.

After reading all this, I say DAMN to my self. African Americans, after 150 years, need reparations? Really? you can't do better on your own? Sink to this level? Dependant on White people? Life isn't fair. Deal with it. Really?

Last edited:

Yes your explanation was very simple reflecting and reflective of your level of intelligence. Reparations is not free money. It is tied to a debt owed to the descendants of slavery. Let me know when you graduate to a higher plane of understanding.

Just because you say there is a debt that's owed, doesn't mean its true. You need to convince white people you are owed something, but you are obviously failing to do so.

After reading all this, I say DAMN to my self. African Americans, after 150 years, need reparations? Really? you can't do better on your own? Sink to this level? Dependant on White people? Life isn't fair. Deal with it. Really?

I think I already mentioned the "shame" tactic does not work on me. Its not a question of need. Its a question of paying what was owed to my ancestors to me their surviving descendant. My need or non need is not even a factor. Whit people are not the only ones that pay taxes. Your shit is played out.

Last edited:

How far do we go back?

When thoroughly defeated people tend to claim they won something in order to feel better. :lol:

You still have not shown anything to refute the claim. The precedent is clear. What you want the definition of reparations to be is as irrelevant as your argument against them.

I see you are projecting your feelings of humiliation in order to feel better about being so badly shown up for your illogical argument. i could let you feel better but I wont.

As long as you try to talk yourself into thinking your logic is sound the more humiliating it will get for you. Your avoidance of answering the questions speak volumes more than anything you can type. You better get someone more logical to help you form your arguments. You are about as astute as a 1rst grader.

You are even worse at pop psychology when you are humiliated than you are at making your lame "reparations" argument in the first place.

I'd break it all down for you nice and simple, again, but clearly you haven't been paying any attention. Be honest. You got shitty grades in school until the day you dropped out. amirite?

But I will spare you a LITTLE bit more of your ceaseless self-humiliation. Since YOU are the proponent of the proposition in favor of "reparations" (that means you are the person making the original argument here in favor of that stupid shit), it is YOU who carries what is known as the burden of persuasion. True story.

Have an adult 'splain it to you. Anyway, it boils down to the fact that YOU have the burden of proof here. So, make your arguments, but stop trying to rely on your utterly shoddy logic and already refuted contentions.

NO. The Japanese Internment "reparations" are NOT "precedent" for slavery reparations to the third and fourth and later GENERATIONS of the descendants of slaves.

NO. Reparations are NOT payable by people who were not responsible in the first place.

NO. Even if some of us can actually be said to have derived some much-later generation "benefits" from the ancient slavery practice, those "benefits" do NOT result in us "owing" anything to long dead victims OR their fourth or fifth generation offspring.

You tend to make these broad based and unsupported claims, but YOU studiously avoid backing up your self-serving claims.

Getting emotional, cursing and typing in all caps is a sure sign of weakness in your argument. You saying "no" like a petulant tow-headed child does not change the facts. You tend to do this when ever you are on the losing end of a debate and its quite transparent not to mention hilarious. You need to get your head together and focus on the facts.

The Japanese were wronged. The US paid the victims immediately and also the heirs of those victims.
To date there has been no addressing of this with any kind of benefit to specifically descendents of slavery.

When you can coherently dispute those facts you might actually gain my respect. So far you have only struck out badly.

Right after I carefully and concisely demolish your "position," and note that you are not carrying your burden, like CLOCKWORK you come back with another ad hominem.

Would it kill you to TRY to support your position using actual facts and logic?

Maybe not. But you behave like it scares you to death.

So, what the heck? It's obviously not worth trying to use logic on a person of your pitiably low caliber.

I'll just underscore that which is crystal clear to all of us. You are unable to support your position.

Right after I carefully and concisely demolish your "position," and note that you are not carrying your burden, like CLOCKWORK you come back with another ad hominem.

So, what the heck? It's obviously not worth trying to use logic on a person of your pitiably low caliber.

I'll just underscore that which is crystal clear to all of us. You are unable to support your position.

So far you have only succeeded in demolishing your own position by carefully avoiding addressing the facts. I doubt you could demolish mine even if you had a nuclear weapon. :lol:

Now would it kill you to actually address those facts? No but it would seriously expose the flaws in your logic so I know you will continue to run from them as you suffer from a lack of belief in your ability to launch any type of resistance against me.

Let me know when you are ready to address them or i will have to take your continued avoidance as an admission you have nothing coherent or logical with which to refute my summation of the situation.

I am going back a page or two, and in history. The Japanese that demanded reparations, that was reasonable. It wasn’t irrational for Japanese immigrants to push for reparations after they had everything taken from them or their immediate living family. That is were the impetus for this "forty acres and a mules" revival came from, it arose from senator Inouye and that milieu.

Last edited:

So far you have only succeeded in demolishing your own position by carefully avoiding addressing the facts. I doubt you could demolish mine even if you had a nuclear weapon. :lol:

Now would it kill you to actually address those facts? No but it would seriously expose the flaws in your logic so I know you will continue to run from them as you suffer from a lack of belief in your ability to launch any type of resistance against me.

Let me know when you are ready to address them or i will have to take your continued avoidance as an admission you have nothing coherent or logical with which to refute my summation of the situation.

Silly lad.

Your patently phony declarations of victory fly in the face of your obvious inability and/or unwillingness to support your "arguments."

It is STILL your burden.

It is clear to all that you cannot carry your burden. Certainly you have not done so, so far.

For a guy who likes to make fraudulent claims about other people supposedly avoiding facts, you are notably shy on actually offering any. Don't think your fraudulence goes unnoticed. Everybody sees your fail. It's quite clear.

You fail.

But hurry back to falsely proclaim otherwise yet again.

:lol:

You are a funny little fraud, AssClapius. :lmao:

Last edited:
I am going back a page or two, and in history. The Japanese that demanded reparations, that was reasonable. It wasn’t irrational for Japanese immigrants to push for reparations after they had everything taken from them or their immediate living family. That is were the impetus for this "forty acres and a mules" revival came from, it arose from senator Inouye and that milieu.

The only problem with your post is that you dont get to define what is reasonable or rational. The point is reparations were paid out for a wrong. In the Japanese case that wrong did not lead to generations of second class citizenship after being exploited for free labor. African Americans have a much more substantial case for reparations than the Japanese did.

Silly lad.

Your patently phony declarations of victory fly in the face of your obvious inability and/or unwillingness to support your "arguments."

It is STILL your burden.

It is clear to all that you cannot carry your burden. Certainly you have not done so, so far.

For a guy who likes to make fraudulent claims about other people supposedly avoiding facts, you are notably shy on actually offering any. Don't think your fraudulence goes unnoticed. Everybody sees your fail. It's quite clear.

You fail.

But hurry back to falsely proclaim otherwise yet again.

:lol:

You are a funny little fraud, AssClapius. :lmao:

You were the one that started falsely declaring triumph after having your argument torn to shreds. Dont make me laugh.

What do you mean by burden? I am not trying to prove anything to you. I am laying out the facts which you cannot dispute. You need to prove to me why those facts are not valid....logically. Your opinions have nothing to do with logic and seem to cloud your mind with illusions of grandeur anyway.

I'm still waiting on you to dispute those facts and you have consistently avoided them. Are you really that afraid to address them?

Practically everyone can see your avoidance to embrace the facts leave you with a distinct disadvantage. Having a tantrum and calling me names is puerile to say the least. I would be embarrassed if I were you.

Blacks need to suckle on the white tit because they can't strive on their own accord. Is that really why this is such a tussle?

Not really. 250K would do wonders in the right hands even though it is a far cry from what is really owed. Give me 250k and I would turn it into a million inside of a year.

So this is what it's about for you? You need another handout? Try first to turn the 10 bucks you have left into something other than a crack rock, then we'll talk so more.

A handout would be getting something for nothing. Your ancestors are the ones that got a handout. Free labor to make profits which lined their pockets and enable them to create a legacy to pass on to their heirs. The ability to claim credit for inventions made by Black people but who were legally unable to file patents and reap the financial rewards. I know you are not too bright but I thought you should be able to read this later.

Do you have a patent on whining?
Because you're doing it like you invented it.
Great job!

So this is what it's about for you? You need another handout? Try first to turn the 10 bucks you have left into something other than a crack rock, then we'll talk so more.

A handout would be getting something for nothing. Your ancestors are the ones that got a handout. Free labor to make profits which lined their pockets and enable them to create a legacy to pass on to their heirs. The ability to claim credit for inventions made by Black people but who were legally unable to file patents and reap the financial rewards. I know you are not too bright but I thought you should be able to read this later.

Do you have a patent on whining?
Because you're doing it like you invented it.
Great job!

No white people got the whining patent first. It started when they did not want to work the fields of cotton and sugar cane. The whined about not being able to do it themselves and tried the NA's. The NA's died out from the work. Then they whined again so they brought Africans over. To this day you guys whine. Right now you are whining about paying a debt your ancestors owe.

2% of Americans owned slaves, and the population has definitely expanded since this by a big number, so yeah.. Here again Asclepias, Blacks held whites as slaves in history as well, even today in Africa.. We don't owe you anything period

Again you miss the point. The entire US benefited from specifically Black slavery. it made the US a world power. We are not talking about what went on in Africa. We are talking about the US. Lets stay focused and not move the goal posts because you dont like the game. You personally dont owe Black people anything but this country does.

Every black in the US benefited from slavery, because they're here, instead of in some third-world country.
If that's not a benefit to you, perhaps you should move your wonderfulness elsewhere?
The US doesn't deserve you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back