Smollett Released

Right, because crime is so low in Chicago that the cops have nothing better to do than to figure out hoaxes. And they have so much money they can easily afford to waste the resources. And if people do, they should just pay a $100.00 fine and be done with it.

Then you wonder why we don't want people like you running this entire country?
Actually, it's worse. He slandered millions of Americans.

Hell a cop doesn't get a day in jail for raping a 14yr old and you right wingers are silent. How many days did Amy Cooper do in jail? Special treatment my ass.
That part!
that-part-point.gif

Last edited:
What about it? Is it worse than actual racism?
indeed, two fold. it desensitizes those who really are victims. I thought you were black. hmmm. Odd, I see you don't get how all the crying wolf shit works. You should read up on how it does. I would think that blacks would be outraged at his hoax.

The punishment shouldn't be more than a fine for the alleged offense.

Why? His actions were very harmful to our society. His charges and conviction were a serious matter.

"Smollett, 39, was found guilty in December on five counts of felony disorderly conduct for making false reports about what he said was an anti-gay and anti-Black hate crime. The actor, who is Black and gay, told Chicago police that on a frigid night in January 2019 two unknown men attacked him, yelled racist and homophobic slurs at him, poured bleach on him and wrapped a noose around his neck."

Cook County Judge James Linn spoke for more than 30 minutes before announcing Smollett's sentence, telling the actor that he wrote the script and picked the actors for the hoax, and that his premeditation for the act was an "aggravating factor" in the case.

"There's a side of you that has this arrogance, and selfishness and narcissism that's just disgraceful," the judge said. "You're not a victim of a racial hate crime, you're not a victim of a homophobic hate crime. You're just a charlatan pretending to be a victim of a hate crime, and that's shameful."

indeed, two fold. it desensitizes those who really are victims. I thought you were black. hmmm. Odd, I see you don't get how all the crying wolf shit works. You should read up on how it does.
What do you mean "desensitizes" victims?

I don't think you know what that word means.

image-asset.jpeg

What "damage" did Juicy cause?
to other actual victims that may have been attacked the night of or year later. You still don't get the desensitizing he did. crying wolf is the worst thing anyone can do to any important crime.

Why? His actions were very harmful to our society. His charges and conviction were a serious matter.

"Smollett, 39, was found guilty in December on five counts of felony disorderly conduct for making false reports about what he said was an anti-gay and anti-Black hate crime. The actor, who is Black and gay, told Chicago police that on a frigid night in January 2019 two unknown men attacked him, yelled racist and homophobic slurs at him, poured bleach on him and wrapped a noose around his neck."

Cook County Judge James Linn spoke for more than 30 minutes before announcing Smollett's sentence, telling the actor that he wrote the script and picked the actors for the hoax, and that his premeditation for the act was an "aggravating factor" in the case.

"There's a side of you that has this arrogance, and selfishness and narcissism that's just disgraceful," the judge said. "You're not a victim of a racial hate crime, you're not a victim of a homophobic hate crime. You're just a charlatan pretending to be a victim of a hate crime, and that's shameful."

Describe the "harm" Juicy caused.

to other actual victims that may have been attacked the night of or year later. You still don't get the desensitizing he did. crying wolf is the worst thing anyone can do to any important crime.
To people like you, who never believed it anyway, what difference does it make?

What do you mean "desensitizes" victims?

I don't think you know what that word means.

image-asset.jpeg
it's called doubt.

Here's a definition. I didn't know you didn't have the skill to look up what it meant. Let me help you.

desensitized
[dēˈsensəˌtīzd]

ADJECTIVE
  1. having been made less sensitive.
    "desensitized taste buds"
    • having been made less likely to feel shock or distress at scenes of cruelty or suffering by overexposure to such images.
      "people who view such movies become desensitized to violence"

Do you know how vast and humungous the Chicago PD is?

No additional crime happened because of Juicy's actions.

it's called doubt.

Here's a definition. I didn't know you didn't have the skill to look up what it meant. Let me help you.

desensitized
[dēˈsensəˌtīzd]

ADJECTIVE
  1. having been made less sensitive.
    "desensitized taste buds"
    • having been made less likely to feel shock or distress at scenes of cruelty or suffering by overexposure to such images.
      "people who view such movies become desensitized to violence"
Who are you suggesting is having doubt now that didn't before?

Forum List

Back