Snub: Russians refuse to shake Obama's hand

Someone show any concrete proof of Obama hating America. Leave your worthless opinions out of it.
Apology Tour.

Somebody had to account for the actions of Bush
Obama lost all chance of bring a great leader after that tour. Obama apologized for America being a powerhouse in the world. It wasn't about President Bush who kept us safe and free after 9/11.

Quote please.

Someone show any concrete proof of Obama hating America. Leave your worthless opinions out of it.
Apology Tour.

Somebody had to account for the actions of Bush
Obama lost all chance of bring a great leader after that tour. Obama apologized for America being a powerhouse in the world. It wasn't about President Bush who kept us safe and free after 9/11.
We were safe and free before 9/11. Bush allowed the attack to take place under his watch. So much for that safe nonsense. To top it off, he took our freedom away with the Patriot Act. So much for that freedom nonsense. Now you guys want to give him credit for not allowing another 9/11 to happen again.

No talking point just the truth. Why does Obama apologize for the greatness of the united states?
He apologized for the arrogance of the Bush administration. First thing you need to do when you are trying to mend fences
No he apologized for america being great. Get your head out of his ass.
Show me a quote or shut the fuck up

You probably won't like this very much either. :D Lol.

The President's Apology Tour

Meanwhile, the desire for popularity has led Mr. Obama to embrace bad policies. Blaming America for the world financial crisis led him to give into European demands for crackdowns on tax havens and hedge funds. Neither had much to do with the credit crisis. Saying that America's relationship with Russia "has been allowed to drift" led the president to push for arms negotiations. But that draws attention away from America's real problems with Russia: its invasion of Georgia last summer, its bullying of Ukraine, its refusal to join in pressuring Iran to give up its nuclear ambitions, and its threats of retaliation against the Poles, Balts and Czechs for standing with the U.S. on missile defense.

Mr. Obama is downplaying the threats we face. He takes comfort in thinking that Venezuela has a defense budget that "is probably 1/600th" of America's -- it's actually 1/215th -- but that hasn't kept Mr. Chávez from supporting narcoterrorists waging war on Colombia (a key U.S. ally) or giving petrodollars to anti-American regimes. Venezuela isn't likely to attack the U.S., but it is capable of harming American interests.

Henry Kissinger wrote in his memoir "Years of Renewal": "The great statesmen of the past saw themselves as heroes who took on the burden of their societies' painful journey from the familiar to the as yet unknown. The modern politician is less interested in being a hero than a superstar. Heroes walk alone; stars derive their status from approbation. Heroes are defined by inner values; stars by consensus. When a candidate's views are forged in focus groups and ratified by television anchorpersons, insecurity and superficiality become congenital."

A superstar, not a statesman, today leads our country. That may win short-term applause from foreign audiences, but do little for what should be the chief foreign policy preoccupation of any U.S. president: advancing America's long-term interests.
I still don't see a single quote there that I would disagree with

Obama tried to patch up relationships with our allies. Eight years of Bush did a lot of damage
Obama pissed off our allies and buddied up to our enemies

still because he is black?....geezus....

It would be wonderful if you could provide an objective reAson for the bromance between the RWNJ' s and Russia.
it would be wonderful if you would realize by now that not everyone who dislikes obama is because of his skin color...it is just possible that many dont like his policies.....yea i know not liking someones policies,what a concept....

Again, no other POTUS saw the conservatives swooning over a Russian spymaster. Ever. Policies or not, that's never happened until now.

It's racism pure and simple. Your inability to explain this anomaly is an indication of that
once again.....by this time in the guys term it is just possible that many people dont like the guys policies or the way he treats situations....your inability to distinguish between racism and not liking the guys policies is an indication that you havent figured that out yet....and Candy,was i commenting on the righties love pf putin or what you said about his skin color?...your inability to distinguish between the too tells me im right about you not figuring that out yet....

Your argument fails the logic test. You disagree with POTUS on, let's say immigration so you embrace a former (if there is such a thing) KGB spymaster?

You don't like his stand on the environment so you applaud A guy who imprisons rock singers and journalists?

You don't like Obama bailing out GM so a ruthless dictator is who you applaud?

Make me laugh harder.

I wish there was something you could point
To that would pass the smell test. There isn't.
hey candy why dont you show me where i have ever "embraced" this KGB spymaster......matter of fact why dont you show me where i have ever even said anything saying this "spymaster" is a great guy....like i said candace,you dont have the ability to determine the difference between some one criticizing the president for his policies or because he is black....everything with you is...."if you say something negative about obama,it must be because he is black".....now go ahead and say im wrong so i can have that good laugh i just deprived you out of having.....

He apologized for the arrogance of the Bush administration. First thing you need to do when you are trying to mend fences

Meanwhile, the desire for popularity has led Mr. Obama to embrace bad policies. Blaming America for the world financial crisis led him to give into European demands for crackdowns on tax havens and hedge funds. Neither had much to do with the credit crisis. Saying that America's relationship with Russia "has been allowed to drift" led the president to push for arms negotiations. But that draws attention away from America's real problems with Russia: its invasion of Georgia last summer, its bullying of Ukraine, its refusal to join in pressuring Iran to give up its nuclear ambitions, and its threats of retaliation against the Poles, Balts and Czechs for standing with the U.S. on missile defense.

Mr. Obama is downplaying the threats we face. He takes comfort in thinking that Venezuela has a defense budget that "is probably 1/600th" of America's -- it's actually 1/215th -- but that hasn't kept Mr. Chávez from supporting narcoterrorists waging war on Colombia (a key U.S. ally) or giving petrodollars to anti-American regimes. Venezuela isn't likely to attack the U.S., but it is capable of harming American interests.

Henry Kissinger wrote in his memoir "Years of Renewal": "The great statesmen of the past saw themselves as heroes who took on the burden of their societies' painful journey from the familiar to the as yet unknown. The modern politician is less interested in being a hero than a superstar. Heroes walk alone; stars derive their status from approbation. Heroes are defined by inner values; stars by consensus. When a candidate's views are forged in focus groups and ratified by television anchorpersons, insecurity and superficiality become congenital."

A superstar, not a statesman, today leads our country. That may win short-term applause from foreign audiences, but do little for what should be the chief foreign policy preoccupation of any U.S. president: advancing America's long-term interests.

Obama tried to patch up relationships with our allies. Eight years of Bush did a lot of damage
Lie

Lie
No it's not.

It would be wonderful if you could provide an objective reAson for the bromance between the RWNJ' s and Russia.
it would be wonderful if you would realize by now that not everyone who dislikes obama is because of his skin color...it is just possible that many dont like his policies.....yea i know not liking someones policies,what a concept....

Again, no other POTUS saw the conservatives swooning over a Russian spymaster. Ever. Policies or not, that's never happened until now.

It's racism pure and simple. Your inability to explain this anomaly is an indication of that
once again.....by this time in the guys term it is just possible that many people dont like the guys policies or the way he treats situations....your inability to distinguish between racism and not liking the guys policies is an indication that you havent figured that out yet....and Candy,was i commenting on the righties love pf putin or what you said about his skin color?...your inability to distinguish between the too tells me im right about you not figuring that out yet....

Your argument fails the logic test. You disagree with POTUS on, let's say immigration so you embrace a former (if there is such a thing) KGB spymaster?

You don't like his stand on the environment so you applaud A guy who imprisons rock singers and journalists?

Make me laugh harder.

hey candy why dont you show me where i have ever "embraced" this KGB spymaster......matter of fact why dont you show me where i have ever even said anything saying this "spymaster" is a great guy....like i said candace,you dont have the ability to determine the difference between some one criticizing the president for his policies or because he is black....everything with you is...."if you say something negative about obama,it must be because he is black".....now go ahead and say im wrong so i can have that good laugh i just deprived you out of having.....

And you deny other conservative posters have embraced Putin? Hell, look at this OP. Sorry you took it personally

Make me laugh harder.

And you deny other conservative posters have embraced Putin? Hell, look at this OP. Sorry you took it personally
oh this wasnt all directed at me?....sure seemed like it,since you were making accusations about me .....now if you want me to answer this question...."And you deny other conservative posters have embraced Putin?"....ill answer it....a whole bunch have in various threads yes,but thats their problem not mine....

e0eac8ee30ee95ba4f33e39d2f82fba8.jpg

Make me laugh harder.

oh this wasnt all directed at me?....sure seemed like it,since you were making accusations about me .....now if you want me to answer this question...."And you deny other conservative posters have embraced Putin?"....ill answer it....a whole bunch have in various threads yes,but thats their problem not mine....
Fair enough

Lie
No it's not.

Still waiting for examples....just like his supposed hatred of America

Not shaking the President's hand is rude, unprofessional, childish and fucked up.

Maybe they're just upset they have to live in such a lousy country.
It was Americans and Obama was introducucing them to the Russians

Wow. Obama sticks out his hand to shake, and every Russian refuses and shake hands with the next guy.

It's good thing for Obama the media isn't reporting this.

I can't figure out these right wingers. Are they trying to trick us or are they just plain stupid fucks. The first time I saw the video, you had me. But when I watched it again, it's clear, it's a Russian Obama is leading and he's pointing out whose hands to shake. Tell me you watched it a second time and felt silly for having fell for another GOP lie. They are so fucking tricky.

Our allies were discusted by Bush and appalled by Trump

Apologized to Muslims , we are not perfect 1/27/2009.
Apologized to Spain, about us being dictator of the world 4/17/2009.
Apologized to France about American arrogance 4/3/2009.
Just to state a few.
When liberals read your examples, what goes into the brain is the sound of adults talking in Peanuts cartoons. Wah wah wah wah waugh wah.

Guess what. We don't give a shit if you think we are racist because we despise Obama. Get out of the 1950s.

Last edited:
Tricked again. Hand shake story has been debunked. Those guys in the line are not Russian. They are Americans being introduced to Russian President Medvedev. What looks like Obama outreaching his hand for a handshake is Obama gesturing to the Americans as he introduces them.

snopes.com/politics/obama/snubbed.asp
Regardless of who they are, they refused to shake Obama's hand. He clearly was trying to, then tried to make it look like he was gesturing to get them to shake the other guy's hand after he realized no one wanted to shake hands with him.

I'd refuse to shake his hand as well.

Okay, maybe someone somewhere made a faux pas. I really don't think it's that big of a deal. What does it mean? Nothing. What's going to happen because of it (besides people moaning about it here and on other social network sites)? Nothing.

Forum List

Back