So how much did Trump pay in Federal Taxes?

Donald Trump 1991 House hearing US Economic | User Clip | C-SPAN.org

he got what he wanted from Congress, and a couple of years later, he used the loophole congress put in for him....and took a tax write off for nearly a billion dollars for his bankruptcy, money that was never his in the first place...he borrowed the billion and owed the banks for the billion yet took the billion as a tax write off for the next 10 years as if it was money he had lost, but it was the bank that loaned him the money that lost the money through him declaring bankruptcy.... oh and not only did he get to write off the borrowed money that was never his, the bank got to write off the same money....

one whopper of a loophole.... thank Mr Trump for that going in to our tax code.

so he used congress to his advantage. Are you really so naïve that you think he is the only businessman ever to do that? Nothing he did was illegal. However, when the Clinton foundation took bribes from foreign interests in exchange for favorable state dept treatment that was illegal. But you don't care about that, right?

who tf cares? the man is a thief and con man and idiots voted for him ..yeah he released the only return probably that had him actually paying 2005,,,,, What happened to the thiefs other returns?

Ask the IRS they audit Trump constantly to make sure he pays his taxes. Tissue?
you want the IRS to illegally leak Trump's tax returns??

if there was anything illegal in his returns, it would already have been leaked. This is the same IRS that illegally attacked conservative organizations. Remember Lois Lerner? She should be in jail, and may yet end up there.

Having business interests with foreign nations is not illegal. But it can cause a conflict of interests if you or your family can make tens of millions off of official US policy changes

Trump is tearing up our trade deals and making whole new ones. Doesn't America deserve to know what is in it for him?

Sure, we do. But you won't get that from his tax returns. Did you ask the same questions about the Clinton foundation? Duh, no. Wonder why.
This thread is about Donald Trump keeping his tax returns a secret from the American public, not the Clintons or the Obamas.

so you don't like the way the tax laws treat rich people. Tell me how that is Trump's fault. Who wrote the tax laws? The dem members of congress in order to help their rich croinies who fund their campaigns
your problem is not with Trump, its with your own party. Wake up.

Where did I fault Trump for taking advantage of tax laws?

What I fault him and some other rich guys is self-dealing (see him looking to get rid of inheritance and Minimum Alternate tax) and refusing to put in place laws (see Buffet Rule) that will ensure they pay what they ought to in taxes.

who decides "what they ought to" pay in taxes? You? The answer is congress and if you don't like what they decided, take it up with them, not with people who legally comply with the tax laws to their advantage.

Yes me.

I have my opinion that it is fair to contribute higher % tax if you are making more.
I have my voice
and I have my vote.

And yes, as I ALREADY SAID, I never faulted people for paying what they legally owned and not more.

the top 5% pays almost half of the total taxes collected by the federal govt. How much more would you take?

Yes, you have your voice and your vote. So do I, and those who vote as I vote won in 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2016. Could it be that you are out of touch with the country? Maybe north korea would be a good choice for you. Everyone there is equally poor and equally miserable----------except the ruling elites. and you dumb f'n libs want that same system here.
A member of the American ruling class now has the Oval Office and is opposed only by the Judicial Branch of government.

are your so fricken dumb that you don't know that the Clintons are members of that same class? Who the fuck do you think the Obama's are partying with? members of the "ruling class" idiot. The difference is that Trump already has his money, he can do what the country needs instead of what Hillary would have done.

he got what he wanted from Congress, and a couple of years later, he used the loophole congress put in for him....and took a tax write off for nearly a billion dollars for his bankruptcy, money that was never his in the first place...he borrowed the billion and owed the banks for the billion yet took the billion as a tax write off for the next 10 years as if it was money he had lost, but it was the bank that loaned him the money that lost the money through him declaring bankruptcy.... oh and not only did he get to write off the borrowed money that was never his, the bank got to write off the same money....

so he used congress to his advantage. Are you really so naïve that you think he is the only businessman ever to do that? Nothing he did was illegal. However, when the Clinton foundation took bribes from foreign interests in exchange for favorable state dept treatment that was illegal. But you don't care about that, right?
No-one claimed that keeping secrets from the American public is illegal.

if there was anything illegal in his returns, it would already have been leaked. This is the same IRS that illegally attacked conservative organizations. Remember Lois Lerner? She should be in jail, and may yet end up there.

Having business interests with foreign nations is not illegal. But it can cause a conflict of interests if you or your family can make tens of millions off of official US policy changes

Trump is tearing up our trade deals and making whole new ones. Doesn't America deserve to know what is in it for him?

Sure, we do. But you won't get that from his tax returns. Did you ask the same questions about the Clinton foundation? Duh, no. Wonder why.
This thread is about Donald Trump keeping his tax returns a secret from the American public, not the Clintons or the Obamas.

For the last time:

1. did he do anything illegal in his returns? the IRS says no
2. what exactly are you looking for?
3. the IRS audits him every year, including the 8 Obama years. If he was cheating don't you think they would have found it during those years?
4. the tax code treats the very rich different than you and me. I think we all want that fixed.
5. this tax return thing is nothing but a diversion to compensate you libs for your massive losses over the last 4 elections.

What I fault him and some other rich guys is self-dealing (see him looking to get rid of inheritance and Minimum Alternate tax) and refusing to put in place laws (see Buffet Rule) that will ensure they pay what they ought to in taxes.

who decides "what they ought to" pay in taxes? You? The answer is congress and if you don't like what they decided, take it up with them, not with people who legally comply with the tax laws to their advantage.

Yes me.

I have my opinion that it is fair to contribute higher % tax if you are making more.
I have my voice
and I have my vote.

And yes, as I ALREADY SAID, I never faulted people for paying what they legally owned and not more.

the top 5% pays almost half of the total taxes collected by the federal govt. How much more would you take?

Yes, you have your voice and your vote. So do I, and those who vote as I vote won in 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2016. Could it be that you are out of touch with the country? Maybe north korea would be a good choice for you. Everyone there is equally poor and equally miserable----------except the ruling elites. and you dumb f'n libs want that same system here.
A member of the American ruling class now has the Oval Office and is opposed only by the Judicial Branch of government.

are your so fricken dumb that you don't know that the Clintons are members of that same class? Who the fuck do you think the Obama's are partying with? members of the "ruling class" idiot. The difference is that Trump already has his money, he can do what the country needs instead of what Hillary would have done.
You are allowed to make a thread about What if Hillary Clinton had won the College of Electors as well as the public vote.

no, but leaking classified data is illegal, and the record showed that Hillary was guilty of that crime.

Yes me.

I have my voice
and I have my vote.

You are allowed to make a thread about What if Hillary Clinton had won the College of Electors as well as the public vote.

I bring up the Clintons and Hillary to point out the hypocrisy of you on the left. There are plenty of threads on Clinton corruption.

For the last time:

3. the IRS audits him every year, including the 8 Obama years. If he was cheating don't you think they would have found it during those years?
4. the tax code treats the very rich different than you and me. I think we all want that fixed.
5. this tax return thing is nothing but a diversion to compensate you libs for your massive losses over the last 4 elections.
Trump must have something amazingly embarrassing (not illegal) in his tax returns, perhaps the biggest scandal that ever hit the White House and going back to George Washington. Believe me, when the public find out, there will be a movement such as we have never seen to oust a sitting president.

no, but leaking classified data is illegal, and the record showed that Hillary was guilty of that crime.
If someone is preventing you from starting a thread about Hillary Clinton, I think that would be intolerable and I'm not afraid to say so here.

View attachment 121999

Remember that biased statement "paid just $38 million"???

So Trump paid 25% i.e. $38 million.

Paid "just" $38 million. Not too much bias...
Just as a reminder what was promised in the Trump election "When Hillary releases all of her 33,000 deleted emails, Trump will release his tax returns". Has the slimy crooked sickly vagina ex-candidate, released her emails yet?
If they released photos of her fat smelly ass shitting on children with downs syndrome, the left would shrug their shoulders and say so the hell what.

Not kidding.

Yes me.

I have my voice
and I have my vote.

I bring up the Clintons and Hillary to point out the hypocrisy of you on the left. There are plenty of threads on Clinton corruption.
The public can never get enough information about the Clintons. Go make an Opening Post about them and I will defend your right to do so. Meanwhile, this thread is about the pathological lying conman who currently holds presidential office because most of the electorate, ever in American history, voted for his political opponent.

For the last time:

1. the IRS NEVER SAID he didn't do anything illegal, where are you even getting that from?

2. We are looking for what foreign countriess he does business with or borrows money from, so we can be certain he is not pushing laws that only benefit himself or so that he is not running our foreign policy based on those foreign connections and how they benefit himself instead of how they benefit the Nation.

3. How in the world do you know they didn't?

more than likely, he has done something illegal, and this is why he keeps getting audited

If he had nothing to hide, he would just show us his full returns for the past 10 years...instead he has chosen to lie, and take all of this heat and scrutiny for his lie of saying he would release them.... it would be easy peasy for him to release them, but he has CHOSEN to hide them...there has to be a reason for that imo.

The law entitles Trump to privacy, it guarantees his rights not to have idiot liberals poking around in his private life.

For the last time:

1. the IRS NEVER SAID he didn't do anything illegal, where are you even getting that from?

2. We are looking for what foreign countriess he does business with or borrows money from, so we can be certain he is not pushing laws that only benefit himself or so that he is not running our foreign policy based on those foreign connections and how they benefit himself instead of how they benefit the Nation.

more than likely, he has done something illegal, and this is why he keeps getting audited

If he had nothing to hide, he would just show us his full returns for the past 10 years...instead he has chosen to lie, and take all of this heat and scrutiny for his lie of saying he would release them.... it would be easy peasy for him to release them, but he has CHOSEN to hide them...there has to be a reason for that imo.

The IRS NEVER SAID he did anything illegal. "We" are looking, WTF, who are we and what makes "us" more qualified than the IRS to review anyone's taxes.

So what you are saying is that it isn't enough to pay on money EARNED, even though the liberals here don't EARN money they get it from welfare. Then you should be taxed when you spend it, but some programs like EBT, no taxes on food items, so the liberals here don't pay on that either. Then you also want money handed down from the workers, should be taxed because their kids don't deserve that money, while a liberal here who has nothing, earns nothing, leaves their child(if not aborted) with nothing? Gee, see what I mean about liberalism and FAIRNESS. Everyone will be poor and miserable, then everyone is equal.

Take your "workers" bullshit elsewhere. Very few states collect estate taxes and Federal estate tax exemption is currently at 5 million for single filer and 10 million for joint.

I personally think it's too generous of an allowance, but the point is there is a way to tax inheritance without affecting those that are just passing their small middle class savings.

And PLEASE, spare me the stories of struggle of people who are pocketing their dady's millions.

taxing inheritance is double taxation. But I get it. Punish success and reward failure---the libtardian motto
what percent or our country is subject to the inheritance tax?

very small %, so why is it such a big issue with you libs? If the govt took 100% of it, it would not make a dent in the national debt. This is about jealousy and envy, nothing more
If the rich want to keep more of their money, they need to stop ballooning our deficits.

The poor would have no objection to the rich keeping their "legacy", with massive budget surpluses at the disposal of our Republic, for the poor.

Noooo, I think a much BETTER idea is for me and Americans to not become Trump suck-offs like you and keep on bitching, so shit has at least a chance of getting fixed.

The loophole that allowed Trump to write off loss he didn't actually take WAS FIXED in 2002 (with Hillary Clinton's vote no less), so Trump could not longer take advantage of it and actually had to pay some taxes in 2005. That was then, and tomorrow, when Trump puts Alternate Min Tax and Inheritance taxes on the chopping block you bet your sweet cheeks I'll be bitching.

so you are saying that Trump's current tax returns are in compliance with the tax laws. Same thing the IRS said.

This entire tax returns demand is nothing but a failed liberal attempt to distract from the successes that Trump has had in his first 3 months. If he were to release them, some media pukes would pull out one page (out of hundreds) make up lies about it and waste everyone's time going back and forth about what it really means.

This is a diversion, libs. and you fricken well know it.

It's like taking to a fn wall.

yes it is. you just can't comprehend that your issue is with the tax code, not Trump, or even rich people in general. If it was with all rich people you would be bitching about how little the hollyloonies pay in taxes.

Dumabass, talking to you is like talking to a wall is EXACTLY because you STILL say that I have an issue with rich people, while I keep saying that I DON'T HAVE ISSUE WITH RICH PEOPLE.

You don't listen to ANYTHING, just in the same way the wall doesn't listen to anything.

OK, then your issue is that you just don't like Trump. OK, I get it. Now, go back to sleep, you are making an idiot of yourself
Mr. Trump is a one percenter, in office, asking for tax preferences.

The law entitles Trump to privacy, it guarantees his rights not to have idiot liberals poking around in his private life.
Mr. Trump volunteered for public office.

For the last time:

The IRS NEVER SAID he did anything illegal. "We" are looking, WTF, who are we and what makes "us" more qualified than the IRS to review anyone's taxes.
The IRS can not tell us, anything at all about his tax returns, it is against the law....

try again!

Forum List

Back