So It Begins, Facebook Censorship Underway

Good for Facebook :thup:
Maybe the USMB mods should censure your posts.
Some have. And I wasn't even spewing evil like that asshole on Facebook.
evil?
He refuses to quote what is "evil" to him.
Conservative hatred towards gay people. But you knew that.

Please list 3 things that conservatives in America have done that show hatred towards gays.

Seriously.

evil?

Please list 3 things that conservatives in America have done that show hatred towards gays.

Seriously.
Seriously? Are you sure you aren't joking?

evil?

Seriously.

So you in fact can't list three things?

Seriously.

Religious damnation of gays, opposing gay marriage, opposing gay adoption, gay conversion therapy... oops that's 4. Should I keep going?

Last I heard Facebook was a private company that can restrict what is and what is not posted on its site.
Thanks for repeating what I said.
What you said was ignorant, wrong, and a lie.

The doctrine of free speech concerns solely the relationship between government and those governed, not between or among private persons or organizations.

Facebook is a private company, as such it cannot ‘violate’ the free speech of anyone; only government has the potential of violating free speech when it acts contrary to First Amendment jurisprudence.

Consequently, any reference to ‘free speech’ on your part is ignorant idiocy and a lie – the issue has nothing to do with ‘free speech.’

And the notion that ‘the left’ ‘hates’ free speech is a moronic lie as well; liberals have always been staunch advocates and defenders of free speech and the right of Americans to express themselves.

It’s also a lie that Facebook ‘represents’ ‘the left.’

And yet if a business reserves the right to refuse service to anyone, and does, they get sued. huh.
This fails as a false comparison fallacy and a red herring fallacy.

It’s becoming more and more difficult to not come to the conclusion that ignorance and stupidity are indeed prerequisites for being a conservative, as your posts clearly illustrate.

In this case, as a consequence of your ignorance and stupidity, you’re confusing the doctrine of free speech with regard to First Amendment jurisprudence with that of public accommodations laws authorized by Commerce Clause jurisprudence, two legal realms one having nothing to do with the other.

Conservatism is indeed the bane of the American Nation.
Got it. Leftists can choose what to censor, Christians cannot.

Typical fascist blather.
You don't think Christians censor? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Saturday, April 16 a Christian author posted his views on homosexuality and the impact it can have on youth. You can read the post yourself (reinstated after complaints) on the link below.

Facebook is not the government, they can delete whatever they want. But they are a major social network, and the CEO of Facebook is publicly taking political sides on key issues in America. What gets censored will only increase now.

As has been noted before, the left simply hate free speech and are extremely intolerant.

https://m.facebook.com/john.dickson.9406417/posts/10154769840204447
Based on........?

evil?
evil?
Yeah, being concerned for the wellbeing of youth is evil to the freak.
Your evil results in suicides, turning to drugs, depression, etc.
See? The hater refuses to quote from the post what he calls evil.
Even he knows he's an idiot.

evil?
evil?
Look at my last post. Oops egg on your face.

Thanks for repeating what I said.

The doctrine of free speech concerns solely the relationship between government and those governed, not between or among private persons or organizations.

Facebook is a private company, as such it cannot ‘violate’ the free speech of anyone; only government has the potential of violating free speech when it acts contrary to First Amendment jurisprudence.

Consequently, any reference to ‘free speech’ on your part is ignorant idiocy and a lie – the issue has nothing to do with ‘free speech.’

And the notion that ‘the left’ ‘hates’ free speech is a moronic lie as well; liberals have always been staunch advocates and defenders of free speech and the right of Americans to express themselves.

And yet if a business reserves the right to refuse service to anyone, and does, they get sued. huh.

It’s becoming more and more difficult to not come to the conclusion that ignorance and stupidity are indeed prerequisites for being a conservative, as your posts clearly illustrate.

In this case, as a consequence of your ignorance and stupidity, you’re confusing the doctrine of free speech with regard to First Amendment jurisprudence with that of public accommodations laws authorized by Commerce Clause jurisprudence, two legal realms one having nothing to do with the other.

Typical fascist blather.
Please, link away. We need a good laugh.

evil?
evil?
Epic failure. You haven't even read his post. You're just a simpleton bigot.

Er... how many Christian sites censor what is written on their site? Hundreds? Thousands?
Christians are sued all of the time for not catering to perverts.

EHarmony sued for excluding same-sex matches

We're talking about two different things here. One is a website where you're not necessarily buying or selling anything, the other is a place for buying and selling. Do you see the difference?

Also, if you think sex is perverted, then you must lead a very sad life.
Horseshit. FB is using the public internet to provide their "service". They profit from it and some of their subscribers also profit too by having access to 100s of millions of customers. They can't prevent a person from posting an opinion when it's Christian opinion of homosexuality. There is no other explanation FB changed its mind and reinstated the poster.

Yes, they can prevent whoever they like on their own website. That's the way it goes.

If I come on this site and jut start swearing all the time, I can be banned from this site.

What Facebook can't do is ban people based on race and things like that. However they can edit whatever they like on their own site.
Just as Christian businesses must now participate in gay weddings even though it is against their beliefs, Facebook is a public corporation and cannot ban me from using their service because my opinion is against their beliefs. You can't discriminate because of religion, remember? Why did FB reinstate the subscriber?
Only in the states that include sexual orientation in their PA laws.....while ALL states protect people based on religion. More special rights for religions.

We're talking about two different things here. One is a website where you're not necessarily buying or selling anything, the other is a place for buying and selling. Do you see the difference?

Horseshit. FB is using the public internet to provide their "service". They profit from it and some of their subscribers also profit too by having access to 100s of millions of customers. They can't prevent a person from posting an opinion when it's Christian opinion of homosexuality. There is no other explanation FB changed its mind and reinstated the poster.

Yes, they can prevent whoever they like on their own website. That's the way it goes.

If I come on this site and jut start swearing all the time, I can be banned from this site.

What Facebook can't do is ban people based on race and things like that. However they can edit whatever they like on their own site.
Just as Christian businesses must now participate in gay weddings even though it is against their beliefs, Facebook is a public corporation and cannot ban me from using their service because my opinion is against their beliefs. You can't discriminate because of religion, remember? Why did FB reinstate the subscriber?
Only in the states that include sexual orientation in their PA laws.....while ALL states protect people based on religion. More special rights for religions.
Nice gymnastics.

Nope I posted examples. More egg on your face.

Typical fascist blather.
Just looked up this message board/forum: http://www.gracecentered.com/christian_forums/register/?PHPSESSID=92fc664ae669a872652bedbc660ab07e

part of their TOS:
This is a best described as a "Christian only" message forum. To have a "Christians only" forum, we need to define who can post. Therefore, we need a set of criteria that clearly defines who a Christian is for the purposes of posting. This is not for any other reason. We are not speculating as to a person's salvation. We do not expect members to accept or affirm this as a Creed because GraceCentered.com recognizes no official Creed but the Bible. We do, however, expect members to agree with the content below only because it is based on the teachings of the Bible. You will not use any aspect of the Grace-Centered Forums to promote a religion, belief (or non-belief), faith or doctrine other than "Christianity" as stated in the Nicene Creed below). A post that merely provides information about a non-Christian belief is usually allowed for informational purposes only and as long as it is without promotion. Promotion is defined as encouragement of the progress, growth, or acceptance of something including advertising and publicity. For the purposes of this rule, atheism and witchcraft are to be considered faiths.

So....if I start talking about Paganism as a viable religion on that site (if I join), what do you think will happen?

Nope I posted examples. More egg on your face.
Bullshit strawman.

You can't quote what he said is evil because he did no such thing.
You're just a liar who hates.

Typical fascist blather.
Just looked up this message board/forum: http://www.gracecentered.com/christian_forums/register/?PHPSESSID=92fc664ae669a872652bedbc660ab07e

part of their TOS:
This is a best described as a "Christian only" message forum. To have a "Christians only" forum, we need to define who can post. Therefore, we need a set of criteria that clearly defines who a Christian is for the purposes of posting. This is not for any other reason. We are not speculating as to a person's salvation. We do not expect members to accept or affirm this as a Creed because GraceCentered.com recognizes no official Creed but the Bible. We do, however, expect members to agree with the content below only because it is based on the teachings of the Bible. You will not use any aspect of the Grace-Centered Forums to promote a religion, belief (or non-belief), faith or doctrine other than "Christianity" as stated in the Nicene Creed below). A post that merely provides information about a non-Christian belief is usually allowed for informational purposes only and as long as it is without promotion. Promotion is defined as encouragement of the progress, growth, or acceptance of something including advertising and publicity. For the purposes of this rule, atheism and witchcraft are to be considered faiths.

So....if I start talking about Paganism as a viable religion on that site (if I join), what do you think will happen?
A. Show the Facebook TOS he violated.
B. Unfortunately, the page you are looking for has been moved or deleted. This happens sometimes, usually because we changed a link, so don't worry it's not your fault. Please use the menu at the top of the page to find the information you are looking for. Thanks for visiting and God bless you.

Delusional as usual. Crawl back into your woman's bathroom safe zone and leave the adults alone.
Ok, point out what he said that is wrong.
A. Companies cannot discriminate based upon religion.
B. Facebook is run and controlled by a leftist.

So simple even a child can even understand.
A. That's not a free speech issue....but point out where Facebook declined a membership or banned someone based on their religion.
B. So....a leftist should not be allowed to have companies to run?
A. You obviously didn't read his post.
B. Hilarious strawman.
I most certainly DID read his post...and yours. Yours is the Fail.

BOOM you just hit the nail on the head. PA laws grant SPECIAL rights to certain groups and are thus UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Thanks for joining the fight against unconstitutional laws.

Seriously.

Religious damnation of gays, opposing gay marriage, opposing gay adoption, gay conversion therapy... oops that's 4. Should I keep going?
Supporting a thrice divorced government official who refused to do her paid job because it stuck it to gays.....that's 5.

BOOM you just hit the nail on the head. PA laws grant SPECIAL rights to certain groups and are thus UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Thanks for joining the fight against unconstitutional laws.
Well, you are certainly welcome to challenge PA laws and their constitutionality.....but I think that's already been done.

Forum List

Back