So. Much. Winning. Trump to Announce Review of Vehicle Emissions Rules

And Weather.....the DUMS look stoopider and stoopider every day as the head explosions become more violent and the fake news gets more absurd.

The public naturally ascribes anger and misery to mean what it means: "YOU'RE LOSING THE ARGUMENTS":coffee:
The last election cycle showed Americans are catching onto the fact that MSM is simply a branch of the DNC.

Vehicles today only put out a fraction of the pollution compared to the 1970's. Its ridiculous they keep trying to force even more standards.
/---- The lib agenda is to force all Americans into public transportation while they retain their Limos.

Indeed......the winning is getting dizzying at this point. Those standards are so f'ing dumb and hit the consumer in the wallet. Nobody wants those cheesy little 2 Door SPEC cars or EV's.........EV's wouldn't even exists except for the silly regs.:2up:
What has he WON at? to the majority of Americans his administration has accomplished nothing
With all do respect, from now on, may I please refer to you as Rachel? Or Ms Maddow?

Just an example of how this bites consumers. Took wife's vehicle in for first brake job.....Estimate comes back at a thousand dollars from the dealer. When I called for an explanation he informs me the rotors aren't made to last to save weight to meet fleet mpg standards Naturally I called around to verify this,lowest I could find is 800$. Thank you Mr govt

Just an example of how this bites consumers. Took wife's vehicle in for first brake job.....Estimate comes back at a thousand dollars from the dealer. When I called for an explanation he informs me the rotors aren't made to last to save weight to meet fleet mpg standards Naturally I called around to verify this,lowest I could find is 800$. Thank you Mr govt
They can't be re-surfaced? And why take it to a dealer? They are the highest place you can go. Also, if the rotors really are bad, check a wrecking yard. Odds are there are a lot of good used ones.

First it was talk of tariffs and now this. I have impression that cars will soon be getting awfully expensive. Doesn't selling fuel efficient automobiles with very low profit margins allow the automakers to offer their high margin SUV's and keeping the fleet average MPG within standards? I'm not in industry and this was notion I gathered from a business article published a good ways back.

They can't be re-surfaced? And why take it to a dealer? They are the highest place you can go. Also, if the rotors really are bad, check a wrecking yard. Odds are there are a lot of good used ones.
Didn't have dealer do the work ...No they can't be turned because they are made to throw away to save weight

Didn't have dealer do the work ...No they can't be turned because they are made to throw away to save weight
Have you looked at them yourself? I have worked on cars a lot, and while I don't know why you needed a brake job, many times the rotors are not bad. We had a trailblazer that I put 100K on, giving a total of 150k. We were gonna drive it to VA so I wanted to replace the brake pads all the way around. I took all four wheels off, took the calipers off and the pads were still good. I replaced them all anyway, and the rotors looked like new. I just put them back on and they worked fine. So far they have 70k more miles on them. OF course the trans went out! But that's a different story.

I'm used to having repair shops try to rip the wife off. Everytime she takes a vehicle in I get a call along the lines of they say we need this or that too....Believe me I checked it thoroughly....

First it was talk of tariffs and now this. I have impression that cars will soon be getting awfully expensive. Doesn't selling fuel efficient automobiles with very low profit margins allow the automakers to offer their high margin SUV's and keeping the fleet average MPG within standards? I'm not in industry and this was notion I gathered from a business article published a good ways back.

Doesn't selling fuel efficient automobiles with very low profit margins allow the automakers to offer their high margin SUV's and keeping the fleet average MPG within standards?

High mileage, money losing cars must be sold to bring up the average MPG.
End the mandate and they'll sell the cars demanded by the buyers.
Should end up dropping the average cost of a car.

Maybe now gas prices drop like a rock. I have nothing but contempt for big oil. They truly screw Americans daily.

I remember in the 70's everyone talked about the endgame being the pollution standards that were obtained in the 1980's. But it just keeps on going, and it is killing America economically.

Trump to announce review of vehicle emissions rules.

The move by Trump would be a victory for automakers after months of pushing the new administration to reconsider the rules, which they say would be too expensive, could cost jobs and are out of step with vehicles consumers want to buy.

Trump will visit an autonomous vehicle testing facility in a Detroit suburb on Wednesday and meet there with chief executives of several U.S. automakers.

His administration has decided to review the feasibility of the vehicle emissions rules, which apply to the years 2022 through 2025, sources told Reuters last week. Former President Barack Obama moved to keep them in the final days of his administration.

Reuters reported on the planned announcement on March 3. A formal notice by U.S. regulators to restart the review is expected to be made public on Wednesday.

Respiratory disease in America has reached record levels in the United States and so have deaths via respiratory disease. At this time in the US, there USA shortage of respiratory therapists.
I'm so glad you are happy for the automobile industry. It shows where your priorities are.

Indeed......the winning is getting dizzying at this point. Those standards are so f'ing dumb and hit the consumer in the wallet. Nobody wants those cheesy little 2 Door SPEC cars or EV's.........EV's wouldn't even exists except for the silly regs.:2up:
What has he WON at? to the majority of Americans his administration has accomplished nothing

We're the ones who are winning. Now we won't have to drive the shitty little overpriced cars that Obama wanted to force on us.

You can start crying now, snowflake.

Last edited:
I remember in the 70's everyone talked about the endgame being the pollution standards that were obtained in the 1980's. But it just keeps on going, and it is killing America economically.

The move by Trump would be a victory for automakers after months of pushing the new administration to reconsider the rules, which they say would be too expensive, could cost jobs and are out of step with vehicles consumers want to buy.

Trump will visit an autonomous vehicle testing facility in a Detroit suburb on Wednesday and meet there with chief executives of several U.S. automakers.

His administration has decided to review the feasibility of the vehicle emissions rules, which apply to the years 2022 through 2025, sources told Reuters last week. Former President Barack Obama moved to keep them in the final days of his administration.

Reuters reported on the planned announcement on March 3. A formal notice by U.S. regulators to restart the review is expected to be made public on Wednesday.

Respiratory disease in America has reached record levels in the United States and so have deaths via respiratory disease. At this time in the US, there USA shortage of respiratory therapists.
I'm so glad you are happy for the automobile industry. It shows where your priorities are.

Yet, air pollution is way down. There doesn't seem to be any correlation between air pollution and respiratory disease. Yet, you think that's a justification for imposing massively expensive regulations on poor and middle class Americans.

No one is fooled by your commie eco-wacko propaganda any longer, snowflake.

Guess what kids? CA (you know, where the most people live) isn't going to lower its standards. Cars will be made to California's standards.

Apparently you haven't heard that the Trump administration may force them to conform with federal regulations.

But...but....but the subject is Trumps tax returns and the wiretapping.

Get with the program and ignore how Trump is changing America!

Respiratory disease in America has reached record levels in the United States

This claim has nothing to do with our ever cleaner running cars.

So has pot smoking. Coincidence or are you sticking to the story that the air was cleaner 40 years ago?

Forum List

Back