So Republicans take control of both the House and Senate. Then what?

It makes little difference to shit-brains posters like "The T" that I actually agree with him and have said so repeatedly; Party leadership shouldn't be able to stop legislation for no reason other than it may make their party look bad by voting it down or passing it....

The question in the OP was what happens if the GOP takes over the Senate...I think the first order of business will be to throw out the filibuster.
Already happened with Reid leading the parade. Where the Hell you been?

IDIOT.

No. It was thrown out for one very specific set of circumstances. The GOP has every right to throw it out for everything when they take over later this year.

At least try to do some research before you look even more foolish than normal.
YOU are wrong...

Harry Reid goes “nuclear” on the filibuster

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) and most members of the Democratic conference voted today to eliminate the 60-vote threshold for executive nominations, excluding Supreme Court appointments, after Republicans blocked three appointments to the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals.

Executive nominees now need only 51 votes to win confirmation from the Senate. The change was approved by the Senate by a vote of 52 to 48. Three Democrats — Sens. Carl Levin (D-MI), Joe Manchin (D-WV), and Mark Pryor (D-AR) — joined every Senate Republican to vote against the rule change.

Reid complained that Republicans had forced him to call for the change in Senate rules because of, what he called, “unprecedented obstruction” and claimed that the it’s “something both sides should be willing to live with to make Washington work again.”

If Republicans get the chance they'll be damn fools not to each Harry Reid that "what goes around comes around".

Yea, 190 abortion bills. 50 bills stripping children of school lunches. A couple of bills slashing veterans benefits. Another dozen cutting taxes for corporations with skyrocketing profits. And at least 30 more "stop healthcare for poor Americans".

Are those the bills you are talking about?
No asshole...And where's your link?

Hilarious. I thought it was clear I was making a joke. But your post and the previous made me wonder. Exactly how many "abortion" related bills have Republicans tried to introduce since Obama became president. Just in the year of 2013, there were 54.

Bills in the U.S. Congress related to the subject Abortion.

40 were by Republicans trying to deny women's rights. The other 14 were everything from the Peace Corp to women's rights being protected.

So if you times those 40 by 5, you get 200. So it's possible the joke is on me and my wildly inflated number wasn't so wild after all.

I see a lot of DEMOCRATS in that list...Wanna try again shit for brains?

Yea, 190 abortion bills. 50 bills stripping children of school lunches. A couple of bills slashing veterans benefits. Another dozen cutting taxes for corporations with skyrocketing profits. And at least 30 more "stop healthcare for poor Americans".

Hilarious. I thought it was clear I was making a joke. But your post and the previous made me wonder. Exactly how many "abortion" related bills have Republicans tried to introduce since Obama became president. Just in the year of 2013, there were 54.

40 were by Republicans trying to deny women's rights. The other 14 were everything from the Peace Corp to women's rights being protected.

So if you times those 40 by 5, you get 200. So it's possible the joke is on me and my wildly inflated number wasn't so wild after all.

In fact, Republicans are going after women's rights in every state in the union. There are many woman who are against abortion, but don't believe women's rights shouldn't be legislated. Republicans will pay a price for going after women's rights.

Republicans push to restrict abortion at state level

In fact, Republicans are going after women's rights in every state in the union. There are many woman who are against abortion, but don't believe women's rights shouldn't be legislated. Republicans will pay a price for going after women's rights.

Republicans push to restrict abortion at state level
WHY are there DEMOCRATS in that last list Deany? WHY ignore it?

YOU FAIL. Creds=0

I addressed that fact fucking moron.

Shut up pisshead and learn how to READ!

And do these bills by Democrats look like bills limiting women's rights?:

S. 777: A bill to restore the previous policy regarding restrictions on use of Department of Defense medical facilities.

S. 981: Stop Deceptive Advertising for Women’s Services Act of 2013

H.Res. 94: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives regarding women’s health and economic security.

How can I debate you fucking right wingers when you are such idiots. You're just so damn stupid. No wonder you call me a liar. Because you don't know how to read. Wow, that lack of education really shows up.

S. 777: A bill to restore the previous policy regarding restrictions on use of Department of Defense medical facilities.

H.Res. 94: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives regarding women’s health and economic security.

How can I debate you fucking right wingers when you are such idiots. You're just so damn stupid. No wonder you call me a liar. Because you don't know how to read. Wow, that lack of education really shows up.
Translation=SHIT! Been caught again.

FAIL.

And you fuckers say I "run off". I don't run off. I walk away shaking my head in equal measures of pity and disgust.

Translation=SHIT! Been caught again.

FAIL.

Caught at what????? It's right there in my post!!!!!

And you fuckers say I "run off". I don't run off. I walk away shaking my head in equal measures of pity and disgust.

Getting nasty Deany? You should BE disgusted...GO look in a mirror. THAT is your assignment.

*Have FUN* Don't be afraid to give yourself a good talking to while you're at it, Ya hear Boy?

You always run from your posts. Or try to defelect and post irreverent nonsense that has nothing to do with the thread.

You always run from your posts. Or try to defelect and post irreverent nonsense that has nothing to do with the thread.
That's how he thinks he's winning in his own deranged mind.

Do you think "compromise out of fear" will be the new catch-phrase going forward then? Obviously with one-party control of the House, Senate and Presidency, they party in power can ram through any crazy law they want.
Oh, the delicious irony! :rofl:

You have a President in Obama right now that is usurping his constitutional authority to make changes to law with a speech written by someone else or by simple signature to change bills that were approved by the congress--that need congressional authority (according to the constitution) to make those changes.

I don't believe any President has done this as much as Barack Obama. We are now what is called a Dictatorship.

political%2Bhacks,%2Bobama%2Bcartoons.jpg

Welcome to your hope and change!

this is the current meme running on the right. Which is a fun one. Wrong but fun.

No asshole...And where's your link?[/QUOTE]

Bills in the U.S. Congress related to the subject Abortion.[/ur
40 were Republicans trying to deny women's rights. The other 14 were everything from the Peace Corp to women's rights being protected.

A joke? how much spin and back tracking you going to do on your own thread?

Last edited:
Deany has a propensity for derailing himself and then leaves in a huff.

Idk wish to god some times I was as dumb and as ignorant as the op..
Life would be so so so much more simple.

Forum List

Back