So Republicans take control of both the House and Senate. Then what?

Oh, the delicious irony! :rofl:
Indeed. Perhaps Candy forgets that Dingy Harry Reid is sitting on 290+ House bills...I suppose that's ALMOST as if the Democrats had the House as well.

Yea, 190 abortion bills. 50 bills stripping children of school lunches. A couple of bills slashing veterans benefits. Another dozen cutting taxes for corporations with skyrocketing profits. And at least 30 more "stop healthcare for poor Americans".

Are those the bills you are talking about?

It makes little difference to shit-brains posters like "The T" that I actually agree with him and have said so repeatedly; Party leadership shouldn't be able to stop legislation for no reason other than it may make their party look bad by voting it down or passing it....

The question in the OP was what happens if the GOP takes over the Senate...I think the first order of business will be to throw out the filibuster.

Indeed. Perhaps Candy forgets that Dingy Harry Reid is sitting on 290+ House bills...I suppose that's ALMOST as if the Democrats had the House as well.

Yea, 190 abortion bills. 50 bills stripping children of school lunches. A couple of bills slashing veterans benefits. Another dozen cutting taxes for corporations with skyrocketing profits. And at least 30 more "stop healthcare for poor Americans".

Link please.

No asshole...And where's your link?

It makes little difference to shit-brains posters like "The T" that I actually agree with him and have said so repeatedly; Party leadership shouldn't be able to stop legislation for no reason other than it may make their party look bad by voting it down or passing it....

The question in the OP was what happens if the GOP takes over the Senate...I think the first order of business will be to throw out the filibuster.
Already happened with Reid leading the parade. Where the Hell you been?

IDIOT.

If they can take the Senate, yes. If they can't, we will have to start a propaganda campaign to make Harry back off the whole thing.

The Bush tax cut cut taxes for every single taxpayer.

Yea, let's see. This guy got $150 dollars and that guy got $150,000.00 dollars. Hmmm, who needed the money more? They guy who got $150 dollars or the guy who got the $150,000.00? And the guy that got the $150,000.00 earned it the hard way. He inherited it.

^GOT what do you think it was a gift or something? It was there money to begin with.

How in the world was it a bad thing to let the taxpayer keep a little more of their money....
Answer....

Libs feel all the money we earn belongs to government....
And we should consider ourselves lucky that they let us keep some of it.
It is too often forgotten that government works for the people and we do not work for them...

Yea, let's see. This guy got $150 dollars and that guy got $150,000.00 dollars. Hmmm, who needed the money more? They guy who got $150 dollars or the guy who got the $150,000.00? And the guy that got the $150,000.00 earned it the hard way. He inherited it.

And the people they inherited that money from earned it and passed it down to the family....
And some have a problem with that?

And the people they inherited that money from earned it and passed it down to the family....
And some have a problem with that?
The sticking point is that it isn't their money...but they want to get their meathooks into it by force of government...Moochers, wealth envy, you know?

The ONLY job creation strategy republicans have are tax cuts. Tax cuts for the wealthy have been proven to be failures for economic growth. Stimulating supply side means dick if you neglect to stimulate demand.

Put your cards on table deanie boy....are you saying we take ALL the money and throw it all in one big pot and divide equally?

Put your cards on table deanie boy....are you saying we take ALL the money and throw it all in one big pot and divide equally?

Liberals would call that fair I'm sure! :cuckoo:

If they can take the Senate, yes. If they can't, we will have to start a propaganda campaign to make Harry back off the whole thing.
Quit saying WE if your a republican... then I ride to work on my unicorn.

For some strange reason, USMB Republicans don't know who pays for roads and sewers. Who pays for the military. Who pays for emergency room care. Who pays or disaster relief. Schools. Police. Firemen.

You know what Republicans remind me of?

Firefighters let home burn over $75 fee -- again - U.S. News

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJyjNiL4zZg]Firefighters Let House Burn Down Over $75 - YouTube[/ame]

So which political party cheers this?

Guess.

For some strange reason, USMB Republicans don't know who pays for roads and sewers. Who pays for the military. Who pays for emergency room care. Who pays or disaster relief. Schools. Police. Firemen.

You know what Republicans remind me of?

Firefighters let home burn over $75 fee -- again - U.S. News

Firefighters Let House Burn Down Over $75 - YouTube

So which political party cheers this?

Guess.
My my...such deflections and off-topic shit...and IN your own threads Deany-bub...WHY is that exactly?

Losing your own argument(s). Your creds are ZIP.

Already happened with Reid leading the parade. Where the Hell you been?

IDIOT.

No. It was thrown out for one very specific set of circumstances. The GOP has every right to throw it out for everything when they take over later this year.

At least try to do some research before you look even more foolish than normal.

We stop the economic disaster that is Obama. He takes credit for it.

Again so true Obama fights tooth and nail against it and then deliver a state of the union speech taking credit for it. What spin... and the kool aid drinkers buy it

No asshole...And where's your link?

Hilarious. I thought it was clear I was making a joke. But your post and the previous made me wonder. Exactly how many "abortion" related bills have Republicans tried to introduce since Obama became president. Just in the year of 2013, there were 54.

Bills in the U.S. Congress related to the subject Abortion.

40 were by Republicans trying to deny women's rights. The other 14 were everything from the Peace Corp to women's rights being protected.

So if you times those 40 by 5, you get 200. So it's possible the joke is on me and my wildly inflated number wasn't so wild after all.

Forum List

Back