So...Trump’s now going after legal immigrants.

The ultimate irony is he married immigrants...and Melania brought her parents over (chain immigration)....

Bring_Back_Michelles_Job.jpeg

That is cute. Even funnier would be a meme showing hillary holding a sign saying a less qualified black man took my job.

Only citizens of the US should receive welfare.
Do you know what legal immigrants are?
They aren’t citizens. If they were citizens he could not deport them.
Are you a nonreader like the president?

Proposed Trump rule change could put millions of legal immigrants at risk of deportation
I said they are not citizens. If they were citizens he could not deport then. A citizen is nondeportable!

I'm sure they are next on Trump's agenda.

White House Launches Effort To Take Citizenship From Those Who Lied To Get It
Holy shit! Taking something away from someone who doesn’t deserve it. What a tragedy.

Proposed Trump rule change could put millions of legal immigrants at risk of deportation
I said they are not citizens. If they were citizens he could not deport then. A citizen is nondeportable!

IF they lied to get citizenship, it should be revoked and they should be deported.

This can only be described with one word: GOOD!

IF they lied to get citizenship, it should be revoked and they should be deported.

Depends on what the lie was and even if it was a lie and not a mistake.

If you don't pay federal income taxes you are a drag on our government expenses. I want more people that can contribute, not more that need help. We're better off with fewer uneducated people that rely on welfare.
No one is contributing less than Ivanka and Melania.
Should we get rid of them too?
Oh right..They’re not brown skinned.

Trump and his family no doubt pay a good amount in taxes. This is a bad argument.
You don't know that. We've never seen them.

On the other hand he has had quite a few bankruptcies.
You can bet your bottom dollar that the last administration had the IRS go over his tax returns with a fine tooth comb. If they could find nothing that they could use then I think it would be a safe bet that he paid what he was supposed to pay.

Doubtful. You have no evidence to support that claim.

Why won't he show them? :dunno:

The ultimate irony is he married immigrants...and Melania brought her parents over (chain immigration)....
No direct proof but considering that the IRS did target political opponents, members of the Trump campaign were illegally unmasked. It is more of a sure bet.

So illegals are allowed but married legals are against the law?

What a piece of trash he is.

Currently, immigrants who rely on, or are expected to rely on, the government for more than half of their income are considered “public charges” and can be banned from entering the country or deported, even if they’re otherwise eligible for extended residency.

Immigrants who rely completely on welfare programs or long-term Medicaid benefits are typically considered public charges, but the Trump administration wants to extend those guidelines to include immigrants who use public housing, subsidies to help pay for health insurance, food stamps, income tax credits, the Children's Health Insurance Program and non-emergency uses of Medicaid, according to a White House draft obtained by The Washington Post.

A recent study by The New England Journal of Medicine found that the changes “could have important consequences for access to medical care and the health of millions of immigrants and their families.” An estimated 1 million noncitizens would lose their insurance, the study found.
I agree with you we need to give out more welfare, Medicaid and other freebies until we don't have enough coming in from taxes to pay for it. Then we need to borrow until our countries credit won't even rate junk bond status. Then everyone in the country can suffer together.
Hell...these people soak our healthcare system for millions. Just today I processed 3 claims for a combined total of 500k to Medicaid. They come here sick and spend weeks in the hospital on the tax payers dime. When we could be using this money helping vets.
Amen sister I'm behind Trump all the way. It's time to say Dems quit giving away what's not yours.

Well shit, if they lied to get citizenship shouldn’t they lose it? Or are you now an advocate for lying? Christ on a crutch!

Well shit, if they lied to get citizenship shouldn’t they lose it? Or are you now an advocate for lying? Christ on a crutch!

I'm sure a typo will be enough to deport them in this administration.

It is noted. You have again failed to answer a direct question.

YOur knee jerk reaction to side with the lying foreigner, who lied to get citizenship, and thus does not deserve it,

is noted and held against you.

---------------------------------------- good !!

In most cases it make sense. Why accept immigrants that are not profitable for you.

The exception is income tax credit. What is it? It looks like the immigrants are productive and pay less tax.

So I get a job and say I worked at X places for X amount of years, and I made X amount of money. Then my new employer finds that I didn't work at those places, especially for those amount of years, and never made that kind of money.

Would you think it's so God awful that my new employer would let me go for lying on my application?

YOur knee jerk reaction to side with the lying foreigner, who lied to get citizenship, and thus does not deserve it,

is noted and held against you.

That statement, coming from someone who automatically sides with a lying president is pretty ironic.

If someone makes a mistake on an application is it a lie or a mistake? Note - Melania Trump has been accused of lying on her visa. Would that make her ineligible for citizenship under these new rules?

It creates the potential to comb through looking for minor errors as an excuse to strip citizenship - and that is worrisome. Citizenship HAS been stripped if someone has lied about pretty major stuff - like criminal records, being a member of a terrorist organization etc. This has the potential to go beyond that and go back indefinately in a person's background for what could be very minor stuff. I imagine it could be used to silence opposition too....a naturalized citizen speaks out against the Trump Administration - let's look at his documents....

I hope it is challenged in court.

They're non-citizens. Unless they're under the jurisdiction of the United States, they don't stand a chance. 14th amendment doesn't naturalize them, only their children.

You'd have a better chance at challenging the constitutionality of the use of the specific EO.

So I get a job and say I worked at X places for X amount of years, and I made X amount of money. Then my new employer finds that I didn't work at those places, especially for those amount of years, and never made that kind of money.

Would you think it's so God awful that my new employer would let me go for lying on my application?

Let's say you get a job, and you have worked there for 10 years, doing a great job, and your employer discovers you omitted your very first job, mowing lawns while in highschool, from your resume. Technically he could fire you. Should he?

Forum List

Back