So...Trump’s now going after legal immigrants.

I said they are not citizens. If they were citizens he could not deport then. A citizen is nondeportable!

I'm sure they are next on Trump's agenda.

White House Launches Effort To Take Citizenship From Those Who Lied To Get It

IF they lied to get citizenship, it should be revoked and they should be deported.

Depends on what the lie was and even if it was a lie and not a mistake.

YOur knee jerk reaction to side with the lying foreigner, who lied to get citizenship, and thus does not deserve it,

is noted and held against you.

That statement, coming from someone who automatically sides with a lying president is pretty ironic.

If someone makes a mistake on an application is it a lie or a mistake? Note - Melania Trump has been accused of lying on her visa. Would that make her ineligible for citizenship under these new rules?

It creates the potential to comb through looking for minor errors as an excuse to strip citizenship - and that is worrisome. Citizenship HAS been stripped if someone has lied about pretty major stuff - like criminal records, being a member of a terrorist organization etc. This has the potential to go beyond that and go back indefinately in a person's background for what could be very minor stuff. I imagine it could be used to silence opposition too....a naturalized citizen speaks out against the Trump Administration - let's look at his documents....

Melania is a wealthy model that married a billionaire, not some fucking tomato picker that's going to suck up welfare funds. You don't see a difference?

IF they lied to get citizenship, it should be revoked and they should be deported.

YOur knee jerk reaction to side with the lying foreigner, who lied to get citizenship, and thus does not deserve it,

That statement, coming from someone who automatically sides with a lying president is pretty ironic.

If someone makes a mistake on an application is it a lie or a mistake? Note - Melania Trump has been accused of lying on her visa. Would that make her ineligible for citizenship under these new rules?

It creates the potential to comb through looking for minor errors as an excuse to strip citizenship - and that is worrisome. Citizenship HAS been stripped if someone has lied about pretty major stuff - like criminal records, being a member of a terrorist organization etc. This has the potential to go beyond that and go back indefinately in a person's background for what could be very minor stuff. I imagine it could be used to silence opposition too....a naturalized citizen speaks out against the Trump Administration - let's look at his documents....

Melania is a wealthy model that married a billionaire, not some fucking tomato picker that's going to suck up welfare funds.

Oh wait. So if a wealthy model lies on her application she gets a free pass, but if if a tomato picker does he gets deported?

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

why would he?

Sure he can. But why would he?

At the end you don't force people to keep hiring people.

I said they are not citizens. If they were citizens he could not deport then. A citizen is nondeportable!

Well shit, if they lied to get citizenship shouldn’t they lose it? Or are you now an advocate for lying? Christ on a crutch!

I'm sure a typo will be enough to deport them in this administration.

So I get a job and say I worked at X places for X amount of years, and I made X amount of money. Then my new employer finds that I didn't work at those places, especially for those amount of years, and never made that kind of money.

Would you think it's so God awful that my new employer would let me go for lying on my application?

Let's say you get a job, and you have worked there for 10 years, doing a great job, and your employer discovers you omitted your very first job, mowing lawns while in highschool, from your resume. Technically he could fire you. Should he?
The article I posted showed 5 year cut off.

I have disagreed with the President often, and on major policy.

You are projecting your own slavish devotion.

Everyone who is a member of a gang, should be deported.

Everyone who is a member of La Raza should be deported.

FOr starters. Do you disagree?

Melania is a wealthy model that married a billionaire, not some fucking tomato picker that's going to suck up welfare funds.

Oh wait. So if a wealthy model lies on her application she gets a free pass, but if if a tomato picker does he gets deported?

Melania and her husband are not a drag on our taxes. That's a key difference in my opinion.

I posted a video on that one. LOL

They aren’t citizens. If they were citizens he could not deport them.
Are you a nonreader like the president?

Proposed Trump rule change could put millions of legal immigrants at risk of deportation

Well shit, if they lied to get citizenship shouldn’t they lose it? Or are you now an advocate for lying? Christ on a crutch!

I'm sure a typo will be enough to deport them in this administration.
it seems to me this is just a way of easing the burden on the taxpayer

Do you have a link to your claim, because I can't find anything on Google about her lying about anything.

Melania and her husband are not a drag on our taxes. That's a key difference in my opinion.

That's the truth, in the other Topic of Coyote's, I posted the stats of welfare use by legal and illegal immigrants. It's over the 50% range. Now gee, what party attracts the welfare leeches most times?

What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

What a piece of trash he is.

Proposed Trump rule change could put millions of legal immigrants at risk of deportation

Currently, immigrants who rely on, or are expected to rely on, the government for more than half of their income are considered “public charges” and can be banned from entering the country or deported, even if they’re otherwise eligible for extended residency.

Immigrants who rely completely on welfare programs or long-term Medicaid benefits are typically considered public charges, but the Trump administration wants to extend those guidelines to include immigrants who use public housing, subsidies to help pay for health insurance, food stamps, income tax credits, the Children's Health Insurance Program and non-emergency uses of Medicaid, according to a White House draft obtained by The Washington Post.

A recent study by The New England Journal of Medicine found that the changes “could have important consequences for access to medical care and the health of millions of immigrants and their families.” An estimated 1 million noncitizens would lose their insurance, the study found.

Why do they completely rely on welfare why don't they have jobs and pay for themselves? Are they just lazy and expect American taxpayers to fund them and their family?
They don’t completely rely on welfare Lucy. Read the article.

What is this then from the article:

"Immigrants who rely completely on welfare programs"

Because you, and those who agree with you DID NOT READ it.

Here:
Currently, immigrants who rely on, or are expected to rely on, the government for more than half of their income are considered “public charges” and can be banned from entering the country or deported, even if they’re otherwise eligible for extended residency.

Immigrants who rely completely on welfare programs or long-term Medicaid benefits are typically considered public charges, but the Trump administration wants to extend those guidelines to include immigrants who use public housing, subsidies to help pay for health insurance, food stamps, income tax credits, the Children's Health Insurance Program and non-emergency uses of Medicaid, according to a White House draft obtained by The Washington Post.

The CURRENT RULE as it is NOW allows for deportation of immigrants who are reliant on the government for more than half of their income. No argument from me on that.

The NEW RULE wants to extend that to those who use any form of public assistance however miniscule - like the school lunch program.

Do you have a link to your claim, because I can't find anything on Google about her lying about anything.

And even if she did, does anybody really think a billionaire's wife wasn't going to be approved for citizenship for some reason? If that's unfair I'm sorry; the world is unfair. People like them are good for our taxes. Poor immigrants are not.

Could someone link to a verifiable source that Melania Trump came here illegally?

No.

No one has said she came here illegally. In fact we aren't talking about illegal immigrants we are talking about legal immigrants.

A recent study by The New England Journal of Medicine found that the changes “could have important consequences for access to medical care and the health of millions of immigrants and their families.” An estimated 1 million noncitizens would lose their insurance, the study found.

Why do they completely rely on welfare why don't they have jobs and pay for themselves? Are they just lazy and expect American taxpayers to fund them and their family?
They don’t completely rely on welfare Lucy. Read the article.

What is this then from the article:

"Immigrants who rely completely on welfare programs"

Because you, and those who agree with you DID NOT READ it.

Here:

The CURRENT RULE as it is NOW allows for deportation of immigrants who are reliant on the government for more than half of their income. No argument from me on that.

The NEW RULE wants to extend that to those who use any form of public assistance however miniscule - like the school lunch program.
A “Draft” obtained by The Washed-out Compost.
How pathetic.

Could someone link to a verifiable source that Melania Trump came here illegally?

No.

No one has said she came here illegally. In fact we aren't talking about illegal immigrants we are talking about legal immigrants.
So, if she came here legally without lying or cheating why are you complaining about her? I know! Because you hate Trump.

I have no problem with this. Why should we be allowing people into this country who aren’t going to support themselves? Why should I have to do it? My mother immigrated here. She never had a public hand out

And even if she did, does anybody really think a billionaire's wife wasn't going to be approved for citizenship for some reason? If that's unfair I'm sorry; the world is unfair. People like them are good for our taxes. Poor immigrants are not.

The better question is why would she lie?

So...it's ok for some people to break the law based on class and social status?

Should we taxpayers have to be burdened so by keeping up illegals and schooling their children

Forum List

Back