So vaccine question

Sounds fishy ... this mRNA vaccine targets SARS-CoV-2 specifically ... no reason to believe this will interfere with our bodies' ability to fight any other virus ...

Again, I couldn't follow what he was saying. Hell, I'm a retired truck driver. It's well beyond my pay grade. In any case, I would never make such an important decision based on some guy I seen on TV. It's just something I threw out there.

Again, it won’t protect shit. Stop being a dupe.

In spite of your vast knowledge and experience, I think I'll take advice from medical professionals anyway. Thanks for your concern though.

Like these medical professionals?

Only to the uninformed. The vaccine won’t protect you and will very likely harm you. However, please take it as soon as possible.
And is that based on a fact or a feeling?

I'm not really getting the vaccine to protect myself either. I'm getting it to protect those around me.

It may take weeks after you get the vaccine to build an immunity, so you can get Covid after you get the vaccine. So mask up and isolate and social distance even after you get the vaccine.

Only to the uninformed. The vaccine won’t protect you and will very likely harm you. However, please take it as soon as possible.
And is that based on a fact or a feeling?

I'm not really getting the vaccine to protect myself either. I'm getting it to protect those around me.

It may take weeks after you get the vaccine to build an immunity, so you can get Covid after you get the vaccine. So mask up and isolate and social distance even after you get the vaccine.
Yes, stay in your hovel and never leave. I don’t need to be inconvenienced by your dumb ass on the road or at my favorite restaurant.

Undoubtedly, yes. I will be continuing to follow all the standard precautions I've been doing pretty much all year regardless of vaccination status. With an efficacy that is still uncertain by ballpark 90%, we won't be abandoning precautions until circulating virus dies down and we actually see the effects of herd immunity.

Both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines require two doses given about three weeks apart. Effectiveness wasn't measured until weeks after the final inoculation.

So it can be 2 months from first shot to full immunity.

This week, coronavirus has become the number one cause of death in the united states. More than heart disease, more than cancer.

You of course have the link? Let’s see proof of the claim.

COVID-19 was the leading cause of death in the U.S. this ...
www.cbsnews.com › news › covid-19-leading-cause-of...

6 days ago — That's more than the number of Americans who died from ischemic heart disease (10,724), tracheal, bronchus and lung cancer (3,965), and ...

Undoubtedly, yes. I will be continuing to follow all the standard precautions I've been doing pretty much all year regardless of vaccination status. With an efficacy that is still uncertain by ballpark 90%, we won't be abandoning precautions until circulating virus dies down and we actually see the effects of herd immunity.

You won’t have a choice, your vaccine will take weeks to build your immunity just like it will take weeks to build others immunity. I’m safe for awhile because I just recovered but just like the cold virus you can get it again and again. From what I’m reading, the coronavirus is here to stay and you will need booster vaccines for many decades to come. From what I have read the herd immunity doesn’t work with this virus because it is more like a cold virus and the immunity will not last. That is why people have already had this virus more than once.

Forum List

Back