So what IS the best way to reduce or prevent mass shootings?

No part of the Constitution speaks to the price of weapons. This is a fact.
Also a fact:
No part of the constitution says that "gun ownership is to be limited to Militia members"
No part of the constitution says "if you're not a member of the Militia, you are not constitutionally allowed to carry weapons"
So... what's your point?
Thanks. I'll accept your surrender that the Government can inflate the price of weapons artificially without violating the Constitution.
Just as I will accept your admission that "gun ownership is to be limited to Militia members" and "if you're not a member of the Militia, you are not constitutionally allowed to carry weapons" are nut found in anywhere in the constitution and are thus invalid.
The word Militia is in the amendment for a reason.
I accept your surrender, that the Constitution does not state "gun ownership is to be limited to Militia members"" and/or "if you're not a member of the Militia, you are not constitutionally allowed to carry weapons".
Good to see you know your place, puppy..

I assume you'll also accept it when the Court finally gets around to cleaning up the monthly bloodbaths by re-examining why the Framers put the word in there? Am I right?

Well no.

Unlike that list of products you provided, none are used for the specific purpose of killing human beings. Guns, however, are used to kill human beings.

Additionally, the manufacturers of the products you mention are liable in many cases if their product harms or kills a human being.

That unique property of a firearm adds a great deal of danger to the public. The "General Welfare" clause of the Constitution, includes keeping American citizens relatively safe, both from foreign and domestic threats.

We have a pretty big problem in this country with firearms. That would place the solution in either the public and/or private realms. Right now? Neither is doing much of anything and the current situation is entirely unacceptable.

So unless gun manufacturers enact some sort of protocol that minimizes the risk to human beings, they should be held responsible if their product does harm.

Simple enough.

You forgot that guns are used for self defense. You're not living in reality.

Guns were created to save the life of the user…...

Guns were created to kill living beings from a distance.

The majority of beings killed by guns had nothing to do with self defense.

and who is using the guns dingbat? criminals. Think. You want to keep guns out of law abiding citizens hands.

I have no problem with you keeping your bolt action rifle or shot gun or six shot revolver in your house for personal protection.

The problem I have is when folks start bringing to bars, movie theaters, schools, public buildings, churches, mosques, temples, restaurants, streets, cars, planes, subways and anywhere else that is open to the public.

That's not where you private gun meant to protect your home should be.

Do tell, where do people need the most self-defense? Their home or outside of their home?

Well no.

Unlike that list of products you provided, none are used for the specific purpose of killing human beings. Guns, however, are used to kill human beings.

Additionally, the manufacturers of the products you mention are liable in many cases if their product harms or kills a human being.

That unique property of a firearm adds a great deal of danger to the public. The "General Welfare" clause of the Constitution, includes keeping American citizens relatively safe, both from foreign and domestic threats.

We have a pretty big problem in this country with firearms. That would place the solution in either the public and/or private realms. Right now? Neither is doing much of anything and the current situation is entirely unacceptable.

So unless gun manufacturers enact some sort of protocol that minimizes the risk to human beings, they should be held responsible if their product does harm.

Simple enough.

and who is using the guns dingbat? criminals. Think. You want to keep guns out of law abiding citizens hands.

I have no problem with you keeping your bolt action rifle or shot gun or six shot revolver in your house for personal protection.

The problem I have is when folks start bringing to bars, movie theaters, schools, public buildings, churches, mosques, temples, restaurants, streets, cars, planes, subways and anywhere else that is open to the public.

most of those places ban guns...and most mass shootings happen in those places that ban guns.......and defending yourelf in public happens all the time...why should you be more vulnerable when you are most exposed to criminals?

Also a fact:
No part of the constitution says that "gun ownership is to be limited to Militia members"
No part of the constitution says "if you're not a member of the Militia, you are not constitutionally allowed to carry weapons"
So... what's your point?
Thanks. I'll accept your surrender that the Government can inflate the price of weapons artificially without violating the Constitution.
Just as I will accept your admission that "gun ownership is to be limited to Militia members" and "if you're not a member of the Militia, you are not constitutionally allowed to carry weapons" are nut found in anywhere in the constitution and are thus invalid.
I accept your surrender, that the Constitution does not state "gun ownership is to be limited to Militia members"" and/or "if you're not a member of the Militia, you are not constitutionally allowed to carry weapons".
I assume you'll also accept it when the Court finally gets around to cleaning up the monthly bloodbaths by re-examining why the Framers put the word in there? Am I right?
Good to see you understand that you're wrong, puppy.

Ducking the question? How pussy-ish of you. Not surprising but very pussy-ish still.

I guess your manhood ends where your holster stops there eh micro-dick.

Well no.

Simple enough.

time and time again its shown mass shootings happen where there are no guns.

most of those places ban guns...and most mass shootings happen in those places that ban guns.......and defending yourelf in public happens all the time...why should you be more vulnerable when you are most exposed to criminals?

There aren't "shoot outs" all the time between people defending themselves. There are shoot outs all the time between people angry with each other. We have more guns in this country than people. And we have very few states that have strict gun laws. Yet? We have lots of people getting shot with defensive guns.

Go figure.

Change the hearts and minds of people.

Getting married and raising our children in question family with both parents.

Those two things combined will revolutionize the world

Ducking the question?
Good to see you still understand that you're wrong, puppy

There aren't "shoot outs" all the time between people defending themselves. There are shoot outs all the time between people angry with each other. We have more guns in this country than people. And we have very few states that have strict gun laws. Yet? We have lots of people getting shot with defensive guns.

Go figure.

Wrong, of the 8,124 gun murders most of those are criminals killing other criminals over turf…in our inner cities…studies show that upwards of 70% of shooters and victims have at least one prior arrest and just as many have more arrests and substantial criminal records.

You guys operate under the myth that normal people are sociopathic killers just waiting to murder someone for the slightest insult…and that isn't true. Murderers, those who use guns as well, have long histories of violent, anti social behavior and criminal convictions….they are not normal people

Normal people are the 13 million people carrying guns for self defense…they don't shoot people. Studies show that normal people shoot about 235 criminals a year….tops….most defensive uses of guns do not require the gun to be fired because the criminals run away or surrender. The others are shot and injured but not killed.

You really, really need to research this, you are making assumptions that are not true.

And each year, according to bill clinton, Americans use guns to stop violent criminal attack and save lives1.5 million times a year.

Go figure.

Wrong, of the 8,124 gun murders most of those are criminals killing other criminals over turf…in our inner cities…studies show that upwards of 70% of shooters and victims have at least one prior arrest and just as many have more arrests and substantial criminal records.

You guys operate under the myth that normal people are sociopathic killers just waiting to murder someone for the slightest insult…and that isn't true. Murderers, those who use guns as well, have long histories of violent, anti social behavior and criminal convictions….they are not normal people

Normal people are the 13 million people carrying guns for self defense…they don't shoot people. Studies show that normal people shoot about 235 criminals a year….tops….most defensive uses of guns do not require the gun to be fired because the criminals run away or surrender. The others are shot and injured but not killed.

You really, really need to research this, you are making assumptions that are not true.

And each year, according to bill clinton, Americans use guns to stop violent criminal attack and save lives1.5 million times a year.

Sometimes it's 2000000 times a year, other times it isn't....pick a lie and stick to it please.

Go figure.

Sometimes it's 2000000 times a year, other times it isn't....pick a lie and stick to it please.

The fact is, we don't have accurate statistics by design.

The Gun Lobby and the NRA have successfully lobbied to keep the government from doing comprehensive studies about gun violence.

Even then? The amount of data showing just how dangerous these things are is staggering.

Go figure.

I don't lie and neither do the studies....bill clinton says the number is 1.5 million...the average of all the gun self defense studies that do not include police or military shootings is 2 million.

Go figure.

Here you go...clinton's study is the Dept. of Justice study in the 90s...listed with the rest....

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)
DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)
L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)
Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..
If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

Go figure.

The fact is, we don't have accurate statistics by design.

The Gun Lobby and the NRA have successfully lobbied to keep the government from doing comprehensive studies about gun violence.

Even then? The amount of data showing just how dangerous these things are is staggering.

Wrong......gun studies have been on going well after the CDC was lying about gun control...we have more gun studies than the gun grabbers can lie about.....

There were 505 accidental gun deaths in 2013.....

in a country with over 320 milion guns....that is not staggering...

The militaries of Europe disarmed after WW1 except for France who built their Line…..and after the militaries were defeated the people were helpless…..unarmed, and unable to resist….and gave their Jews to the Germans for murder…..

Uh, no, guy, they gave up their Jews for Murder because they fucking hated Jews.

People scaled back their military after WWI because they weren't actually fighting a war. You see, before you had a "military-industrial complex", that's what people did. When you were at peace, you didn't piss away a lot of money on armies you weren't using. When you were, you drafted a bunch of poor schlubs, put them in uniforms and let thousands of them die.

IN the years leading up to WWII, everyone was building up their militarizes. For instance, Italy's military leadership told Mussolini Italy wouldn't be ready for War until 1943. That's how long it would take to modernize to catch up with the UK and France. But Italy jumped into the war in 1940 because they thought it would be over in a few weeks and Italy wouldn't get any benefit. They pretty much got their asses kicked for the rest of the war.

Forum List

Back