So..........Where do Republicans go from here?

The recent shutdown debacle has brought Republican Party approval down to 24%. The 2014 elections are still a year away. What do Republicans do between now and then to recover?

1. Double down: Move farther to the right, continue to attack Obamacare, shutdown government again in January

2. Lay Low: A year can be a long time and Americans are known to be easily distracted. Keep a low profile for six months and then come back with a cut taxes, ban abortion, fight gay marriage and protect guns agenda

3. Go on the offensive: Start chasing votes. Push an effective jobs bill. Work on immigration reform. Push fiscal responsibility. Rebrand the party

This thread would be more entertaining if you got Whitney Houston to sing it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa3tfVjGCQ8]Whitney Houston - Where Do Broken Hearts Go - YouTube[/ame]

It would be more entertaining than you and it would have more substance than what you just posted.

The recent shutdown debacle has brought Republican Party approval down to 24%. The 2014 elections are still a year away. What do Republicans do between now and then to recover?

1. Double down: Move farther to the right, continue to attack Obamacare, shutdown government again in January

2. Lay Low: A year can be a long time and Americans are known to be easily distracted. Keep a low profile for six months and then come back with a cut taxes, ban abortion, fight gay marriage and protect guns agenda

3. Go on the offensive: Start chasing votes. Push an effective jobs bill. Work on immigration reform. Push fiscal responsibility. Rebrand the party

#3 would be best.

In fact, a whole strategy can be worked out by talking to the Dems between CRs and re-shaping it to include cuts.

Instead of attacking Democrats, they promote the old tried and true policy of cutting budgets, tax cuts for growth and tell people where they are focusing the cuts on. Of course they should be careful in this, as we see that attacking Obamacare directly did not pan out to well for the GOP politically.

By the time the 2014 election roll around, more of the citizenry will tire of the excessive deficits and debt and the GOP would look like a sensible choice. The shutdown of 2013 is no more than a footnote.
Of course, this is my opinion of what the GOP should do. They probably won't, though.

The Gop house already said no immigration reform and they weren't giving up on killing Obamacare.

#3 would be best.

In fact, a whole strategy can be worked out by talking to the Dems between CRs and re-shaping it to include cuts.

Instead of attacking Democrats, they promote the old tried and true policy of cutting budgets, tax cuts for growth and tell people where they are focusing the cuts on. Of course they should be careful in this, as we see that attacking Obamacare directly did not pan out to well for the GOP politically.

By the time the 2014 election roll around, more of the citizenry will tire of the excessive deficits and debt and the GOP would look like a sensible choice. The shutdown of 2013 is no more than a footnote.
Of course, this is my opinion of what the GOP should do. They probably won't, though.

The Gop house already said no immigration reform and they weren't giving up on killing Obamacare.

That is a losing strategy.

Mainly due to the changing demographics---The Gop need to form a basis for recruiting hispanics into their party and it is hard to do so if you are trying to close the door on them.

Think about it, the GOP can't keep "AMNESTY" from happening--hell they couldn't keep "OBAMACARE" from happening, so they should plan ahead.

#3 would be best.

That is a losing strategy.

Mainly due to the changing demographics---The Gop need to form a basis for recruiting hispanics into their party and it is hard to do so if you are trying to close the door on them.

Think about it, the GOP can't keep "AMNESTY" from happening--hell they couldn't keep "OBAMACARE" from happening, so they should plan ahead.

I agree. And again with the TPM it's racism. Every other immigrant group voted dem for the first generation or two, and then was in play. We've dicked around with this issue now for over ten years, including under a goper potus, and all we've done is pissed these folks off to the exent that it'll take a good three generations to put them in play.

4. Continue to be the adults in the room and fight the spoiled brat Marxists to stop them from running the debt to 20 trillion before the messiah leaves office.

i really need some serious enlightenment

About the only part of his post I agree with

Yeah we knew that already.

I agree with Nodog - the path of least courageous, which would be doing a #2. Run and hide, change the subject, hope it blows over. Business as usual in BigPolitics.

I thought the OP was speaking about the gop not the democratic party.....:eusa_eh:

#3 would be best.

House of fools

4. Continue to be the adults in the room and fight the spoiled brat Marxists to stop them from running the debt to 20 trillion before the messiah leaves office.

When have Republucans ever had a balanced budget?

Republucans actually fighting debt is a myth. Bush had a balanced budget and immediately slashed taxes

What will republicans do now? That's easy. The nation is a three legged stool. The republicans should be sawing off one of the three legs. Cloward Piven will only work if the nation is pushed to complete economic collapse by the burden of dependency. Interfere, collapse before the burden is that strong. Do it while there are still people able and willing to work.

Last I heard Barry Hussein was still president. When is the radical left going to stop the whining and blame game and ask the president what he is going to do? It would be nice if Obama led, followed or got the hell out of the way but all we see is political games while the Country goes down the tubes.

Last I heard Barry Hussein was still president. When is the radical left going to stop the whining and blame game and ask the president what he is going to do? It would be nice if Obama led, followed or got the hell out of the way but all we see is political games while the Country goes down the tubes.

Republicans have 28% approval and face an election in a year. Whining about Obama will not help

How are Republicans going to recover?

Republicans....Getting Americans Back to Work

1. Increase minimum wage to $12.00 an hr.
2. Decrease welfare payments, food stamps, ADC 10%
3. Everyone pays income taxes, lowest rate, 8%
4. Defund Obamacare until in can be reviewed and changes made
5. No waivers for Obamacare, not even for Congress
6. Eliminate free school lunches, It is a duplicative program.(EBT)

Increasing minimum wage while at the same time slowly decreasing federal living wages should stop enabling able bodied people to find that living off the government is a lucrative way of life. Those who can prove their physical disability or the elderly will not be subject to the ten percent deduction. Every 2nd year, another 10% will be deducted from welfare, food stamps and ADC until the recipient is no longer receiving services.

When have Republucans ever had a balanced budget?

Republucans actually fighting debt is a myth. Bush had a balanced budget and immediately slashed taxes

they did with clinton.....

Republicans have 28% approval and face an election in a year. Whining about Obama will not help

obamacare :lol:

I say they should double-down and finish the implosion.

Republicans....Getting Americans Back to Work

1. Increase minimum wage to $12.00 an hr.
2. Decrease welfare payments, food stamps, ADC 10%
3. Everyone pays income taxes, lowest rate, 8%
4. Defund Obamacare until in can be reviewed and changes made
5. No waivers for Obamacare, not even for Congress
6. Eliminate free school lunches, It is a duplicative program.(EBT)

Increasing minimum wage while at the same time slowly decreasing federal living wages should stop enabling able bodied people to find that living off the government is a lucrative way of life. Those who can prove their physical disability or the elderly will not be subject to the ten percent deduction. Every 2nd year, another 10% will be deducted from welfare, food stamps and ADC until the recipient is no longer receiving services.

Here's an interesting idea:

The Republican infighting loses both the house and senate in 2014. The Tea Party is blamed and become obsolete.

With all three branches of government in control of Democrats and Obama not up for re election we have the most liberal 2 years of government ever.

The conservatives get riled and win over a whole lot of independants.

The GOP nominates a moderate Republican for President who defeats Hilary Clinton. The GOP also takes the house back.

and the saga continues...

Obamacare
Obamacare woes widen as insurers get wrong data - MarketWatch
U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion ? tops $17 trillion for first time - Washington Times
Hillary overseeing the deaths of Americans abroad
US quietly releasing $1.6B in Pakistan assistance
Alan Greenspan: Where the Economy Went Wrong - WSJ.com

I say they should double-down and finish the implosion.

With the old inside the beltway bastards now getting right out front and attacking conservative groups that donate to their favorite candidates instead of just blindly handing money over to the RNC like good little Republicans should, they at least have put a target on their back.

I hope we can focus on taking out the big bribe taker.

I don't care if I have to go to Kentucky and campaign for McConnel's primary opponent or if I have to campaign for his Democratic opponent that he really just arrogantly brushed off the other day (that's a whole different ball game. I think that woman deserves respect. Not to be treated like McConnell and his team are treating her)

I want McConnell finished. Done like dinner. Never ever to rise again. And I will and shall campaign for a Democrat if I have to get rid of him.

And he needs to know how much we hate him and want him gone for being such a traitor.

He surrendered for a price to win re election. He needs to be decimated.

Forum List

Back