🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

So why did Ray Rice's victim MARRY her attacker a month later?

Ah...time to blame the victim.

what it's time to do is stop this culture of going after the businesses these people work for instead of holding them accountable.

By "these people" I suppose you mean professional football players.

I haven't heard much about wife-beating newspaper editors, Wal-mart greeters, or Maytag repairmen.

The NFL encourages its professional players making tens-of-million $$$ per year to behave, and represent a league membership that fans hold in the highest esteem. When the NFL ignores barbaric behavior; dogfighting, wife beating, drug abuse, rape, pillage, etc., they not only condone it within their own organization, but also within the fan base.

Who are supposed to be Examples of Decorum? Musicians? Priests? Teachers? Politicians? Police?

My only problem with your post is that we are relying on an NFL commissioner to do what the courts should have done and it may just make the situation between the two participants worse.

It's not hard to imagine that Rice becomes angry about losing everything because of this.

Who's he going to take it out on?

In these cases it's often the spouse.

Legally, outside the NFL, I'm not sure anything can be done unless the wife files charges. To my knowledge, she has not.
They were both arrested for assault in this instance. They dropped the charges on both parties if memeory serves me correctly.

Its interesting that, had Rice/GF suppressed their inner children until they returned to their car, or room, or wherever there was no camera, he'd probably still be playing football, making $50 million on his 5 year contract. The REAL crime appears to not be a rash decision in the heat of a moment for which many humans are guilty, but having it recorded and publicized.

The cons of being a celebrity. You make the money you deal with limelight. His wife really shouldnt be saying anything. I understand her being upset but she did attack the guy and decide to stay with him after he decked her. She has to deal with the backlash. Her best defense of her decision is to make sure their marriage lasts. I'm hoping its for all the right reasons and not because she thinks less of herself like some abuse victims do. I dont think this is an ongoing thing. She doesnt strike me as the meek type.

Maybe she loves him. But the masses will call her a whore and golddigger because we a smear society and thats what we do.

Well - it's obvious she is a gold-digger and whore. Everyone knows she stuck with the guy because he's rich.

You are a cretin.

EDUCATE yourself.

Why Janay Rice Stayed in an Abusive Relationship with Ray Rice

"Educate yourself?"

Maybe, but not with the link you've provided, which uses anecdotal evidence from a very wide range of examples of domestic abuse with varying degrees of intensity.

When you have examples of guys with $50 million dollar incomes abusing their GF's who say they stayed with them despite his income, let us know. Until then keep your oranges to yourself while comparing them to apples.

Maybe she loves him. But the masses will call her a whore and golddigger because we a smear society and thats what we do.

Well - it's obvious she is a gold-digger and whore. Everyone knows she stuck with the guy because he's rich.

You are a cretin.

EDUCATE yourself.

"Educate yourself?"

Maybe, but not with the link you've provided, which uses anecdotal evidence from a very wide range of examples of domestic abuse with varying degrees of intensity.

When you have examples of guys with $50 million dollar incomes abusing their GF's who say they stayed with them despite his income, let us know. Until then keep your oranges to yourself while comparing them to apples.

I think the point is abused women stay with unemployed bums with no money for the same reasons Janay may have stayed with Rice.

The cons of being a celebrity. You make the money you deal with limelight. His wife really shouldnt be saying anything. I understand her being upset but she did attack the guy and decide to stay with him after he decked her. She has to deal with the backlash. Her best defense of her decision is to make sure their marriage lasts. I'm hoping its for all the right reasons and not because she thinks less of herself like some abuse victims do. I dont think this is an ongoing thing. She doesnt strike me as the meek type.

Here is her instagram statement:

“No one knows the pain that the media & unwanted options from the public has caused my family. To make us relive a moment in our lives that we regret every day is a horrible thing,” she wrote. “If your intentions were to hurt us, embarrass us, make us feel alone, take all happiness away, you’ve succeeded on so many levels. Just know we will continue to grow & show the world what real love is!”

She is apologetic.

You are a cretin.

EDUCATE yourself.

"Educate yourself?"

I think the point is abused women stay with unemployed bums with no money for the same reasons Janay may have stayed with Rice.

And my point is that it is ludicrous to compare reasons for staying with an unemployed bum wife-beater with reasons to stay with a multimillionaire wife-beater and discount the economic factor.

Here is her instagram statement:

“No one knows the pain that the media & unwanted options from the public has caused my family. To make us relive a moment in our lives that we regret every day is a horrible thing,” she wrote. “If your intentions were to hurt us, embarrass us, make us feel alone, take all happiness away, you’ve succeeded on so many levels. Just know we will continue to grow & show the world what real love is!”

She is apologetic.

To her husband....which is pretty much the only person besides herself she should be apologetic to.

Towards the outside world she is understandably upset and angered by the intrusion on their personal lives. However, like I said before it comes with being a celebrity or the spouse of a celebrity.

You are a cretin.

EDUCATE yourself.

"Educate yourself?"

And my point is that it is ludicrous to compare reasons for staying with an unemployed bum wife-beater with reasons to stay with a multimillionaire wife-beater and discount the economic factor.

Staying with an unemployed bum is discounting the economic factor. The bum has no money. The logic follows that if a women will stay with the bum without money being a factor why cant the same happen just because the husband has money? Its proven that women stay in abusive relationships for reasons other than money. The presence of money does not trump those reasons.

Staying with an unemployed bum is discounting the economic factor. The bum has no money. The logic follows that if a women will stay with the bum without money being a factor why cant the same happen just because the husband has money? Its proven that women stay in abusive relationships for reasons other than money. The presence of money does not trump those reasons.

All that "is proven" is that when there is NOT an economic incentive, women stay.

No "Logic Follows:" It is absurd to assume that the income of the abuser might not have anything to do with the abused decision to remain in the relationship.

All that "is proven" is that when there is NOT an economic incentive, women stay.

No "Logic Follows:" It is absurd to assume that the income of the abuser might not have anything to do with the abused decision to remain in the relationship.

Why is it absurd when women have literally been doing it for eons? You have your logic backwards and even admit women stay with no financial incentive. It would be absurd to assume that was the primary or only reason..

You are a cretin.

EDUCATE yourself.

"Educate yourself?"

First of all, the article has more than just anecdotal evidence. And second of all, a husband/boyfriend that makes $50 million dollars is the VERY DEFINITION of 'anecdotal''

$50 million dollars does NOT explain 99.9% of the cases where a woman stays with an abusive husband/boyfriend.

EPIC fail...

Legally, outside the NFL, I'm not sure anything can be done unless the wife files charges. To my knowledge, she has not.

the state can file charges without her consent. In fact both parties were originally charged but then the state changed it's mind. It became pointless once the couple wed. This whole scandal is just another media creation.

First of all, the article has more than just anecdotal evidence. And second of all, a husband/boyfriend that makes $50 million dollars is the VERY DEFINITION of 'anecdotal''

$50 million dollars does NOT explain 99.9% of the cases where a woman stays with an abusive husband/boyfriend.

EPIC fail...

It's always about money. Even if the guy is making $50,000 a year that's more than the bimbo can make assuming she wants to work. Most women want to sit home and eat candy bars all day. If the man will pay the bills, they put up with the occasional black eye. Women are all prostitutes.

Forum List

Back