So why exactly can't you choose to be black?

Black people won't allow it. They shame those of their own who have lighter skin. They sure as he'll won't accept anything lighter than Obama.

We all have black ancestors. What if someone wants to honor their memory too?
What does honoring Black ancestors have to do with being Black?
We've been over this. Every ethnicity is a mix of others. An ethnic group itself is just an inbred extended family. It's very comparable to dog breeds. You get a new breed by breeding close relatives until they start breeding true. You get a new ethnic group by breeding close relatives until they start breeding true. Our ancestors were of ethnic groups now long extinct. They are still our family. They still deserve our respect and adoration.

Black people won't allow it. They shame those of their own who have lighter skin. They sure as he'll won't accept anything lighter than Obama.
What exactly is being "black" then?
If you have to ask you would never understand.
I was asking for his personal definition.

What does honoring Black ancestors have to do with being Black?
We've been over this. Every ethnicity is a mix of others. An ethnic group itself is just an inbred extended family. It's very comparable to dog breeds. You get a new breed by breeding close relatives until they start breeding true. You get a new ethnic group by breeding close relatives until they start breeding true. Our ancestors were of ethnic groups now long extinct. They are still our family. They still deserve our respect and adoration.

What exactly is being "black" then?
If you have to ask you would never understand.
I was asking for his personal definition.
I dont think you realize that being Black is not just about your genes or that you listen to rap music. Being Black means many different things at different times. I'm still confused as to why you think honoring your Black ancestors means you are or should be Black.

I dont think you realize that being Black is not just about your genes or that you listen to rap music. Being Black means many different things at different times. I'm still confused as to why you think honoring your Black ancestors means you are or should be Black.
You're right. It has nothing to do with culture. It doesn't have everything to do with genes. I sent you the best explanation I'm capable of giving.

You're right. It has nothing to do with culture. It doesn't have everything to do with genes. I sent you the best explanation I'm capable of giving.
I think you misunderstand. I didnt say it didnt have anything to do with culture or genes. I said its not just culture or genes. It really depends on what you are talking about in the moment and could be a combination of those things.

I think you misunderstand. I didnt say it didnt have anything to do with culture or genes. I said its not just culture or genes. It really depends on what you are talking about in the moment and could be a combination of those things.
That's why I asked him for his definition. He seems to have a different one than I do.

How would you relate to your african roots?

most of our roots lead to a country, a continent, to a time that there is no recollection of being anything other than white. The split predates the written word and would seem to predate oral histories.

We hadn't even made bows yet.

How would you relate to your african roots?

most of our roots lead to a country, a continent, to a time that there is no recollection of being anything other than white. The split predates the written word and would seem to predate oral histories.

We hadn't even made bows yet.
Prehistory is fascinating precisely because we can learn so much about a people without the need for written records. Even direct oral histories are unnecessary. You might be interested to see how successful science has been in reconstructing the proto-Indo-European world just from archaeology and comparing the artifacts embedded within successor cultures.

I think white people lost something in europe (besides the ability to produce melanin in their skin) that keeps them from fully connecting back to their Black roots. I also think they picked up something or somethings that prohibt that connection as well.

I think white people lost something in europe (besides the ability to produce melanin in their skin) that keeps them from fully connecting back to their Black roots. I also think they picked up something or somethings that prohibt that connection as well.
we lost the lower IQ and lost the ability to not build civilization and keep it..

we lost the lower IQ and lost the ability to not build civilization and keep it..
I dont put much stock in your white IQ system but you guys were last to civilization and then lost it. Look it up.

Forum List

Back