So you wanna claim to be a Libertarian do ya?

That's your opinion, I don't buy it, especially when someone who can support obama is trying to lecture me on libertarian ideology. I don't just support Libertarian candidates, I support Libertarian ideas, and if I cannot get what i want i make the best of what's out there and live to fight another day. You vote for statism, big government, and against the constitution. You can have that crap. That is not Liberatarian in any way shape or form.

That's ironic.

Not at all.

You're going to vote for Romney or Santorum? Then yes, it is.

But you are trying to merge two separate issues into one. One the one hand, we can and will change the hearts and minds of the GOP. Who started talking fiscal responsibility first? the Libertarians. Who started the Tea Party back in 2007 when Bush was potus? The Libertarian party. we are capable of doing it and we are doing it. the other issue is that we cannot let the democrats destroy liberty and capitalism while waiting for the dumb masses to wake up. by the time they do, it will be too late for us to do anything about it.

Two separate issues.

No, it was not the Libertarian Party who did the tea parties in 2007. It was supporters of Ron Paul who was running in the Republican Party.

What? Yes, the tea Party started in 2007 and it was Libertarians who started it. The first rally I went to here in Orlando was mostly Ron Paul people. Later it was usurped by the GOP. Your second statement makes no sense at all. Typo somewhere perhaps?

You said it was the Libertarian Party who did the tea parties in 2007, which is incorrect. The LP had nothing to do with them since Ron Paul was running in the Republican Party, and it was supporters of Ron Paul who did those tea parties.

Last edited:
I have talked to maybe a few hundred people in person over the years that like RP and not a single one ever said anything about pot... ever. I call full on bullshit. There are not "friends" these are people I talk politics with and when I mention I like Paul they agree that they do too. I then ask what they like about him and like I said, never, ever once has someone said "because he would legalize pot/drugs."

This entire thread is premised on the foolish ideas that young libertarians only want to smoke weed, and that the GOP is superior to the Democratic Party. That "we" will be able to keep a Republican President, be it Romney or Santorum, in check and make them follow the Constitution and fiscal responsibility.

I'm sorry, but if you've really been a libertarian for 25 years then you should know better.

Try reading the OP first before making a fool of yourself. The thread didn't start out that way but it has been mostly about that. I cannot help it if that is what everyone wants to discuss.

What you also fail at is realizing the very real fact that as bad as the GOP might be, simply allowing the DNC and obama to continue is much worse. Now, before you go off half-cocked and say anything else idiotic, please read at least some of the discussion before posting so I don't have to repeat the same stuff I've already gone over.

In the very first post you said 90% of the young people interested in libertarianism are only interested because they want to smoke pot. Throughout the rest of the thread you've claimed that the GOP is superior to the Democrats. Yeah, I think I've got the gist just fine.

No, it was not the Libertarian Party who did the tea parties in 2007. It was supporters of Ron Paul who was running in the Republican Party.

What? Yes, the tea Party started in 2007 and it was Libertarians who started it. The first rally I went to here in Orlando was mostly Ron Paul people. Later it was usurped by the GOP. Your second statement makes no sense at all. Typo somewhere perhaps?

You said it was the Libertarian Party who did the tea parties in 2007, which is incorrect. The LP had nothing to do with them since Ron Paul was running in the Republican Party, and it was supporters of Ron Paul who did those tea parties.

Ok, I see. Semantics. You are correct, RP supporters started the Tea Party.

Not at all.

I voted for Ron Paul. If he doesn't win then in will vote for the GOP nom. Not in the least bit ironic. Unless you have your own special definition of irony that the rest of the world isn't aware of.

Criticizing someone for voting for statism or against the Constitution when you have every intention of voting for Romney or Santorum in November is irony.

We have no hostility toward collective rights at all. Unless they infringe on the individual or collective rights of someone else. No one has a right to a "living wage", no one has a right to healthcare, no one has a right to any piece of another persons life and no one has any right to control over another person's life.

If you are self centered enough to exploit people or the environment, collective rights always infringe on individual rights.

No one is exploiting anyone and the environment has no rights.

I disagree. Look at the company towns of 100+ years ago. Under libertarianism those people had no right to a fair wage, safe workplaces, or clean air and water and the mine/factory owners had every right to act like emperors and hire thugs, if that is freedom I will eat my hat. I see nothing in libertarianism that would prevent that from becoming the norm of American labor practices again.

I have talked to maybe a few hundred people in person over the years that like RP and not a single one ever said anything about pot... ever. I call full on bullshit. There are not "friends" these are people I talk politics with and when I mention I like Paul they agree that they do too. I then ask what they like about him and like I said, never, ever once has someone said "because he would legalize pot/drugs."

Fine. I have seen and heard of plenty.

Why would I lie? Why would I post that if it wasn't true? I'm a Libertarian and a Ron Paul supporter.To what purpose would it serve for me to lie about it?

Not bull shit, not even in the least.

BTW I don't drink or do ANY drugs, I see drugs as a very bad choice so I would take notice and not like it if someone only liked Paul for drug legalization when I talk to them.

How do you get a 90% number anyways, you would have had to talk to hundreds of “young people” and I just don’t believe for a second that 90% of them are just drugies… What, do you hang out at bus terminals or something?

This entire thread is premised on the foolish ideas that young libertarians only want to smoke weed, and that the GOP is superior to the Democratic Party. That "we" will be able to keep a Republican President, be it Romney or Santorum, in check and make them follow the Constitution and fiscal responsibility.

I'm sorry, but if you've really been a libertarian for 25 years then you should know better.

Try reading the OP first before making a fool of yourself. The thread didn't start out that way but it has been mostly about that. I cannot help it if that is what everyone wants to discuss.

What you also fail at is realizing the very real fact that as bad as the GOP might be, simply allowing the DNC and obama to continue is much worse. Now, before you go off half-cocked and say anything else idiotic, please read at least some of the discussion before posting so I don't have to repeat the same stuff I've already gone over.

In the very first post you said 90% of the young people interested in libertarianism are only interested because they want to smoke pot. Throughout the rest of the thread you've claimed that the GOP is superior to the Democrats. Yeah, I think I've got the gist just fine.

Yes, but that isn't the entire premise of the thread as you said it was, and I said that given the choice between the GOP and the DNC and obama, the choice has to be the GOP. So, no, you don't really have it.

Why would I lie? Why would I post that if it wasn't true? I'm a Libertarian and a Ron Paul supporter.To what purpose would it serve for me to lie about it?

You have seen and heard plenty? Where??? the News or when you're hanging out in your back yard? It's hard enough to overhear someone just talking about politics let alone RP and drugs, that's pretty specific.

You're full of shit.

Yes, but that isn't the entire premise of the thread as you said it was, and I said that given the choice between the GOP and the DNC and obama, the choice has to be the GOP. So, no, you don't really have it.

Then please tell me what the point of this thread is.

I voted for Ron Paul. If he doesn't win then in will vote for the GOP nom. Not in the least bit ironic. Unless you have your own special definition of irony that the rest of the world isn't aware of.

Criticizing someone for voting for statism or against the Constitution when you have every intention of voting for Romney or Santorum in November is irony.

Again, you didn't read the whole conversation. he didn't vote for Obama and statism and I admitted that I was mistaken. please read before you post. I've had a very good discussion this morning and would not like to have it ruined by your laziness.

Im not here to tell you you're not a Ron Paul supporter, I just honestly don't see how it's possible that I have never ever run into what you claim yet you seem to meet 1 out of 10 "Paul supporters" that like him for other reasosns than the hope of getting drugs legalized. It just sounds made up, I don't know what to tell you.

Again, you didn't read the whole conversation. he didn't vote for Obama and statism and I admitted that I was mistaken. please read before you post. I've had a very good discussion this morning and would not like to have it ruined by your laziness.

I did read the whole conversation, actually. The fact that you incorrectly identified dblack as an Obama voter doesn't change the irony of the post in question.

If you are self centered enough to exploit people or the environment, collective rights always infringe on individual rights.

No one is exploiting anyone and the environment has no rights.

I disagree. Look at the company towns of 100+ years ago. Under libertarianism those people had no right to a fair wage, safe workplaces, or clean air and water and the mine/factory owners had every right to act like emperors and hire thugs, if that is freedom I will eat my hat. I see nothing in libertarianism that would prevent that from becoming the norm of American labor practices again.

As I said before, Romper Room is that way===>

This isn't a discussion about the merits of libertarianism. If you want to discuss what you think is wronmg with the Libertarian party, start a thread about it.

You have seen and heard plenty? Where??? the News or when you're hanging out in your back yard? It's hard enough to overhear someone just talking about politics let alone RP and drugs, that's pretty specific.

You're full of shit.

Whatever pal. you ignore my very important questions. Why would I lie? To what purpose?

I call bull shit on you. You're probably smoking a fat one right now. There, now we're even. You want to answer my question or play childish games?

Then please tell me what the point of this thread is.

READ THE OP!

Please.

Forum List

Back