Soleimani was going to blow up our Embassy. That was the imminent threat

what I'm saying is none of us have all the info,,,

this obsession of yours is going to cause you health issues

be happy a terrorist is dead and an oppressed people are standing up for themselves
please read this slowly because I’m not going to repeat it again...

we don’t need ALL the intel. We have public statements made by the administration that contradict each other. That’s the issue. Somebody is lying. To me it’s obviously trump. If it isn’t trump then his Sec Def and DOD are making false statements to the public. Either way it needs to stop and be much better. You should be demanding that as an American

I would bet both are lying by omission of the info we dont know about

but at the end of the day be happy a terrorist is dead and an oppressed people are standing up for themselves
Jesus man. Yes, happy a terrorist is dead, yeaaa... you can start a celebration thread if you’d like. I’m not happy my president and government is lying about the circumstances. That’s what THIS thread is about. If it were Obama you’d be causing a stink. I’d be causing the same stink. What’s with this BS, just except it and move on attitude?

but you havent proven he lied,, as for the circumstances,,, that was made clear,,,7 months ago he gave to OK to kill him and he now had the opportunity to do it and did,,,
just so happens it was right after he attacked ANOTHER of our embassies and planning to do it again,,,

case closed ,,,,
Prog... I layed out why I think he lied. And a few posts ago you responded that “I would bet both are lying by omission of the info we dont know about”

So let’s just cut the crap. You admitted yourself that there are dishonest statements flying around. Difference between us is I think it’s significant and you don’t.

I admitted no such thing,,,well other than we dont know all the truth and never will,,,

but at the end of the day be happy a terrorist is dead and an oppressed people are standing up for themselves
Jesus man. Yes, happy a terrorist is dead, yeaaa... you can start a celebration thread if you’d like. I’m not happy my president and government is lying about the circumstances. That’s what THIS thread is about. If it were Obama you’d be causing a stink. I’d be causing the same stink. What’s with this BS, just except it and move on attitude?
No one lied. Just you lied.

Dems silent on Iran protests as demonstrators blame regime, not Trump, for plane crash
If you are going to accuse me of lying then say what I lied about and make a counter argument. Your little “no one lied. You lied” sentence means absolutely nothing. Use your brain. Do better.
You are saying the President is lying about the circumstances "imminent threat" of the attack on a terrorist. Clearly you are lying because you do not have the intelligence the commander and chief has. Everyone that looked at that intelligence stated that taking out Salami was the right thing to do, yet you insist that The President Is Lying without you having a single shred of evidence and that makes YOU a liar.
I’m saying trump lied because he was Vargas it’s by his own Def Sec and DOF.

I’ll leave it open that there is a .0001% chance that Trump is telling the truth and those in his admin are lying. But if that was the case don’t you think Trump would have said and done something about that?

to know its a lie you would have to know the truth wouldnt you???

Dems silent on Iran protests as demonstrators blame regime, not Trump, for plane crash
If you are going to accuse me of lying then say what I lied about and make a counter argument. Your little “no one lied. You lied” sentence means absolutely nothing. Use your brain. Do better.
You are saying the President is lying about the circumstances "imminent threat" of the attack on a terrorist. Clearly you are lying because you do not have the intelligence the commander and chief has. Everyone that looked at that intelligence stated that taking out Salami was the right thing to do, yet you insist that The President Is Lying without you having a single shred of evidence and that makes YOU a liar.

I’ll leave it open that there is a .0001% chance that Trump is telling the truth and those in his admin are lying. But if that was the case don’t you think Trump would have said and done something about that?

Not necessarily. You don’t have to know what did happen to be able to say definitively that something didn’t happen.

So far, the story of an imminent threat to US embassies does not seem to have any relation to reality.

That not only makes you a liar, it makes you and extremely biased liar. By your own words, you are stating that you have a 99.999% bias against The President. No one then can ever trust your motives or believe a single thing you say. In other words, you are a liar.

but you havent proven he lied,, as for the circumstances,,, that was made clear,,,7 months ago he gave to OK to kill him and he now had the opportunity to do it and did,,,
just so happens it was right after he attacked ANOTHER of our embassies and planning to do it again,,,

case closed ,,,,
well now you’re not being honest. We aren’t arguing about whether trump had the right to kill him. You’re changing the argument. I think we are done, I don’t need another spin on your broken record of distractions. If you want to address my points then do so but right now it just feels like you’re trolling
when did I argue about his right to do it???
my apologies. When I read your last statement I thought you said “... it was his right...” but you said “it was right after”

I take back my accusation that you were being dishonest and changing the subject.

OK I'm gonna try to break it down for you,,

YES TRUMP LIED,,,because all presidents lie whether it be directly or by omission, we will never know the whole truth just what they want us to hear,,,

BUT in this case there is nothing nefarious about it, the man was the worst terrorist the world has seen,,,his favorite thing was to drill holes in peoples heads while they were still alive,,he has spent the last 40 yrs either killing those that he disagreed with (non-muslims) or helping others kill people along with plotting to do it,,,,

your obsession of TRUMP LIED are the rantings of a juvenile suffering from a severe case of TDS,,,

now grow up and move along,,,
Thank you for admitting to the lies. You spent pages challenging it and saying there’s no proof. What’s up with that. Was that just trolling?!

And I agree, the world looks like a better place without Soleimani and the hit seems to have been perfectly legal. I wasn’t taking issue with either of those sentiments.

Not necessarily. You don’t have to know what did happen to be able to say definitively that something didn’t happen.

So far, the story of an imminent threat to US embassies does not seem to have any relation to reality.
how so?? he just got finished/STOPPED attacking one embassy so why isnt it possible he was going for another???
do you have info the rest of us dont have???

case closed ,,,,
well now you’re not being honest. We aren’t arguing about whether trump had the right to kill him. You’re changing the argument. I think we are done, I don’t need another spin on your broken record of distractions. If you want to address my points then do so but right now it just feels like you’re trolling
my apologies. When I read your last statement I thought you said “... it was his right...” but you said “it was right after”

I take back my accusation that you were being dishonest and changing the subject.

YES TRUMP LIED,,,because all presidents lie whether it be directly or by omission, we will never know the whole truth just what they want us to hear,,,

BUT in this case there is nothing nefarious about it, the man was the worst terrorist the world has seen,,,his favorite thing was to drill holes in peoples heads while they were still alive,,he has spent the last 40 yrs either killing those that he disagreed with (non-muslims) or helping others kill people along with plotting to do it,,,,

your obsession of TRUMP LIED are the rantings of a juvenile suffering from a severe case of TDS,,,

Thank you for admitting to the lies. You spent pages challenging it and saying there’s no proof. What’s up with that. Was that just trolling?!

And I agree, the world looks like a better place without Soleimani and the hit seems to have been perfectly legal. I wasn’t taking issue with either of those sentiments.

there isnt any proof,,,I just gave an educated opinion based on 230 yrs of history,,,

how so?? he just got finished/STOPPED attacking one embassy so why isnt it possible he was going for another???
Because no one with any credibility seems to have any desire to corroborate Trump’s allegations. And because Trump has a habit of making things up.

He was on a UN Travel Ban since 2007 for terrorist activities, and his involvement in violating UN prohibitions against Iran developing nuclear weapons. One of the things listed on his travel ban was his developing IEDs, and teaching other terrorists how to build them and deploy them. He also helped to create "bomb factories" to build IEDs. The type of IEDs Soleimani used are banned, and this then makes him a War Criminal.

So a war criminal again, violates his travel ban to case and scout US Installations, and he is chumming around with another known terrorist at the time of his death. 2 for 1. Massad, MI 6 and our own intelligence pick up chatter about coordinating attacks on US Installations.

This is who Soleimani was with when he was taken out.

Nine others were killed alongside Soleimani, including the deputy chairman of Iraq's Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF) and commander of Kata'ib Hezbollah, Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, who was listed as a terrorist in the United Arab Emirates, and the United States.

Mahandis in case you idiots don't know is a major terrorist and had been sentenced to death since 2007, and had been declared a terrorist since the 1980s. So if you want to get cute, this Mahandis had a death sentence on his head and Soleimani was just collateral damage. Too Bad....SO SAD!

So you had a nice little gathering of terrorists all in one place, planning to attack US Installations and Soleimani especially was a war criminal and in violation of his travel ban. Must have been real important to violate that to pal around with a bunch of terrorists while you were scouting US Cites.

They were planning another Benghazi only on a larger scale. We got to them before they could pull it off. That's called deterrence.

Last edited:

Because no one with any credibility seems to have any desire to corroborate Trump’s allegations. And because Trump has a habit of making things up.
that makes it your opinion not a fact,,,but common sense tells us soleiamani always has a plan to attack our embassies,,,thats one of his sole purposes in life,,,

he also has a habit of telling the truths some people dont want to hear,,,

that makes it your opinion not a fact,,,but common sense tells us soleiamani always has a plan to attack our embassies,,,thats one of his sole purposes in life,,,

He was with Muhandis who had a death sentence on his head and that right there is enough to justify taking out Soleimani even if you just labeled him collateral damage.

I’m sorry, if I substitute immature for child would that be better?
At this point it really doesn't matter because your arguments are all hysterical.
Would you call his name calling and online trolling mature or immature actions? Simple question
I call it giving to Democrat liars and traitors what they deserve which is no respect. Frankly I’d hang every damn one of those anti-American sleezeballs.

Democrats aren't the liars and they're not the one who is selling out the USA to the Russians.

Democrats are proven liars starting with Shiff.....

what I'm saying is none of us have all the info,,,

this obsession of yours is going to cause you health issues

be happy a terrorist is dead and an oppressed people are standing up for themselves
please read this slowly because I’m not going to repeat it again...

we don’t need ALL the intel. We have public statements made by the administration that contradict each other. That’s the issue. Somebody is lying. To me it’s obviously trump. If it isn’t trump then his Sec Def and DOD are making false statements to the public. Either way it needs to stop and be much better. You should be demanding that as an American

You have every right to feel that way, I don’t agree but I’m not going to belittle you for feeling that way. I’d hope you can Respect the fact that millions of American don’t trust trump. Perhaps they feel similarly about trump as you felt about Obama. I’d also hope as fellow Americans it doesn’t need to be a troll game. We can recognize that there is tremendous division and mistrust in this country and respond to that like adults. By being as honest and transparent as possible to build trust.

You probably never caught this in the thousands of threads on this site, but I'll mention it again. I have reasons for my feelings about Trump, I might possibly know and understand him better than anyone else here. Not only are we a lot alike in many ways, but as I've stated a few times before, my uncle personally knew him. My uncle was a millionaire VP of a company in Reading, Pa who happened to be one of the subcontractors hired to work on some of the Trump projects in the late 70s/early 80s, and my uncle met Trump several times, had lunches with him, sat across the table from him at meetings, shared cigars, etc. Before my uncle passed away, I had the chance for him to tell me about his experiences. Donald Trump was not AT ALL like the person you see painted in the media. On the business end, he was a very driven and particular man very details oriented who knew exactly what he wanted and expected to get it. But he was also a very down to earth and reasonable person very much open to listening to the ideas and input of others, very friendly, warm, relaxed, charismatic, and could be easily magnanimous. Your word and a handshake meant everything to him.

The other thing is that I'm a handwriting expert. Handwriting is a portrait of how you think. Social traits, drives, integrity, thinking. So I'm able to see exactly where Trump is, what motivates him, what is on the other side of his words. Yeah, Trump is not like any other president. The exact opposite of most politicians. Trump's an organizer, a real manager. With a real need to get things done. Capable of tremendous accomplishment wishing to do great things for America. Someday many years from now looking back, this country just might come to realize it squandered a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the real progress and advancement of fixing 10,000 things in this country at every level of society: government, industry, economics, infrastructure, etc., that everyone always says they are looking for but never get from a politician, except when that one chance came along, the democrats and the republicans were far too busy playing their usual childish games and power struggles battling each other for supremacy to even notice much less care.
Thanks for sharing that. I too have a friend that knows Trump personally. He is a gay man who worked for the Trump organization in a high executive capacity. I had a few talks with him during the campaign and I’ll say that his experience with both the Donald and Ivanka were very complimentary. Genius thinkers on their feet, excellent presenters in front of crowds and very hands in with their business. I was actually kind of excited about his run when he first jumped in. What ruined it for me was the ego and bombastic bullish way he attacked his opposers. I see it causing a paralyzing divide in our country, fracturing relationships and trust on a worldwide scale, and hindering those areas of progress that you believe he is capable of making. I support underdogs and the less fortunate not bully billionaires that exploit their power and money to steamroll their agenda. I also respect honesty and integrity in a person which I do not see being exemplified by Trump in his position of our countries representative. He has turned into a great embarrassment in my eyes. And I truly once was a fan.

I have many friends and family members that are trump fans. I get why. I just have different standards and have always been very turned off by the big ego bully types. We are all entitled to our own opinions. To be honest I’m exhausted from all the TDS, is trump evil or good debates. I like taking it one issue at a time. I’m sure you’d admit that trump isn’t perfect and he makes mistakes. It’s ok to call out those mistakes and still support him... just as it’s ok to acknowledge good accomplishment and oppose his politics/personality. I will say as an opposer of his, he does make it extremely difficult to give him the benefit of the doubt and to support his wins. I’m guessing you can understand that.

Anyways, cheers for having a civil engagement about this. The trolls took over this thread and devolved the conversation into a TDS bitchfest. Nice to get it somewhat back on track as far as tone is concerned.

Well, you hit on the one biggest criticism I have for Trump: I get the ego--- --- you don't get to where he is and have the confidence to do what he's done without enormous ego. But I feel he sometimes batters others with brutal honesty to a fault. When he ran against the other GOP, he said Carly Fiorina had a horse face. I happened to like Carly and thought she was a good candidate. Now, after he said that, I looked at her and realized, she DOES have a face like a horse! o_O I could see what he meant. But did he really have to say that? I thought she was a handsome woman for her age and that an unnecessary insult to the lady. It was unkind and course.

But that is Trump. He wears his feelings on his sleeve, he is used to saying exactly what he thinks in business and there is no governor on his mouth. I realize he doesn't really MEAN anything by it, he's not trying to actually hurt people out of meanness, but at some point in your life, especially in politics and public affairs, you have to learn to keep some things to yourself and use a little tact and diplomacy because, especially in politics, YOU HAVE TO GET ALONG WITH PEOPLE. In business, Trump could afford it because he was A #1. He was the boss, the final word, but in DC you need other's cooperation to get things done.

Does that make Trump a bad person or president? Not really, but I think it makes his job a lot harder. I think he has brought on a lot of the very friction between world leaders and democrats (and even some republicans) because he simply rubs some people the wrong way. Trump thinks he can do it all himself.

I really thought that after in office, he'd tone it down and be nice. That is kind of what he promised.

But here he is still shooting his mouth off. Trump will obviously never change. Its a character flaw. It's not out of meanness, but more an excessive candor--- --- brutally honest to a fault. Still, if everyone could just get along and put their differences and politics aside, the executive and congress could be getting so much done they aren't.
I think you are being generous by calling it brutal honesty. In my eyes it’s straight up textbook bullying. He attacks and exploits people’s appearances and calls them names in an attempt to belittle them, embarrass them and to distract from their messaging. The public feeds on that crap so it works. It used to be tabloid fodder but now it is becoming the norm on political arena where it used to be looked down upon. But I get it. Trump is trump and that’s who he is. I don’t think that means we need to except it. It’s still fine to say that behavior is not acceptable.

But the bigger issue I have is which his hyperbole and dishonesty when communicating to the people. There is a point where the rhetoric crosses a line and I think he crosses that line on a regular basis. He rails against fake news but then propagates fake news of his own. It has happened so much and so often that we are almost numb to it. That’s a very dangerous thing IMO.

I get that he does that to progress an agenda you support so you may not fret too much about it, but imagine if a POTUS did that to progress an agenda you don’t agree with. You’ve stated you didn’t trust Obama, think of Obama acted like Trump whole progressing his agenda... wouldn’t that be something

Well, I can't say you are wrong. But I just don't see bullying in Trump's profile. He's not a mean person, he actually intends to be fair, but he IS easily hurt (he takes both compliments and insults deep to heart and never forgets), so it could be a defense mechanism. What they call a hostile (resistance) defense of the ego. That said, someone should go to him a long time ago (Melania?) and get him past that point. It would be the mark of a better man if he could put aside his personal feelings, reign them in to get the work of the country done. Just once I'd like to see Trump get on TV and say he was wrong about something he said (like Fiorina) and apologize. I think a lot of his opposition would lighten up on him.

His hyperbole, again, that is the salesman in him, the CEO, always projecting his intentions, his goals, playing up the positive to the max and downplaying the negative. Every company publicly makes the best product, the greatest value and can deliver it in the shortest time. I can listen to him and filter that all out to hear what he really means and intends. But I know many people take his words literally. Call it a Trumpism, if he says he'll do something in 6 months, I know he means he'll try to get it done as soon as possible. If he says Mexico will pay for it, I know he means he WANTS Mexico to pay for it. But at least he'll get it done.

Liker I said, handled properly, Trump could be a tremendous force for accomplishment that rarely comes along that I think is largely being wasted with all this fighting.

That may not satisfy you, but Trump is a complex guy. Like I said, I get him because we are a lot alike. They should sell him with an instruction manual. ;)
You are one of the more clear eyed and honest trump supporters I’ve come across on this board. Kudos

Common sense isn’t a fact. Trump hasn’t provided any facts to back up his assertion. When asked, the people in his administration who one would expect to have those facts state they don’t exist.

Common sense isn’t a fact. Trump hasn’t provided any facts to back up his assertion. When asked, the people in his administration who one would expect to have those facts state they don’t exist.
Soleimani was with Muhandis and both were classified as terrorists. Muhandis had a death sentence on him for attrocities committed in Kuwait. Soleimani committed war crimes and was in violation of his UN Travel Ban which was in place since 2007. What were two designated terrorists, one with a death sentence on his head, the other a war criminal under a travel ban doing scouting sensitive US sites?

OK,,,

there isnt any proof,,,I just gave an educated opinion based on 230 yrs of history,,,
And you literally just said a few posts ago that he lied but it’s ok because all presidents lie. So why do you continue fighting a point that youve admitted to?! You’re trolling.

And you literally just said a few posts ago that he lied but it’s ok because all presidents lie. So why do you continue fighting a point that youve admitted to?! You’re trolling.
when did I say its OK???

what I did say is there isnt any proof he lied on this subject other than omission,,,because would have to know the truth to know what the lie was,,,

my point is your TDS is so bad youve fixated on something that in the big picture has no meaning other than to placate your obsession,,,

when did I say its OK???

what I did say is there isnt any proof he lied on this subject other than omission,,,because would have to know the truth to know what the lie was,,,

my point is your TDS is so bad youve fixated on something that in the big picture has no meaning other than to placate your obsession,,,
Even when Dimwingers claim that agree with something Trump does, their TDS commands them to attack him anyway.

when did I say its OK???

Even when Dimwingers claim that agree with something Trump does, their TDS commands them to attack him anyway.

so what commands you to kiss his fat ass 24/7/365

Forum List

Back