Some Basic Law Stuff for normal people watching this Legal Chaos

For those of you who don’t live in the legal world every day like I do, being a simple Los Angeles trial lawyer, a lot of the legal stuff you see going on surrounding Trump and Trump-affiliated people might seem like chaos. Well, it is chaos. It’s complete chaos. There is almost no resemblance between what is happening with Trump and the law as normally practiced among normal people in normal times. Remember, there’s a Trump Exception to all the rules and all the norms that rejects any kind of precedent and procedure, as well as simple fairness, in its pursuit of the Bad Orange Man and his allies. When you understand that, you will understand why I shake my head when people ask me my legal opinion about what’s going on. My legal opinion about what’s going on is it has nothing to do with the law at all.

Understand that what we’re seeing now are attempts to frame Donald Trump and people affiliated with him to abuse and misuse the legal system to gain a political advantage. This is nothing new. It is something scumbags have been doing for thousands of years. Remember, Caesar crossed the Rubicon with his legion because if he had left his troops behind, they were going to prosecute him into oblivion. Lawfare is nothing new – its modern practitioners just better hope they don’t end up provoking warfare, too.

BJ- Good read from Kurt Schlichter.

Cultists of course will not get it.
ignoring Trump's assault on the rule of law, dating back to even before the Central Park 5, shows you to be a carpetbagging maga dunce.

However, imo, one can make a case that the Obama WH weaponized the DOJ to spy on Trump .... AFTER he ran a campaign on locking up the opposition.

For those of you who don’t live in the legal world every day like I do, being a simple Los Angeles trial lawyer, a lot of the legal stuff you see going on surrounding Trump and Trump-affiliated people might seem like chaos. Well, it is chaos. It’s complete chaos. There is almost no resemblance between what is happening with Trump and the law as normally practiced among normal people in normal times. Remember, there’s a Trump Exception to all the rules and all the norms that rejects any kind of precedent and procedure, as well as simple fairness, in its pursuit of the Bad Orange Man and his allies. When you understand that, you will understand why I shake my head when people ask me my legal opinion about what’s going on. My legal opinion about what’s going on is it has nothing to do with the law at all.

Understand that what we’re seeing now are attempts to frame Donald Trump and people affiliated with him to abuse and misuse the legal system to gain a political advantage. This is nothing new. It is something scumbags have been doing for thousands of years. Remember, Caesar crossed the Rubicon with his legion because if he had left his troops behind, they were going to prosecute him into oblivion. Lawfare is nothing new – its modern practitioners just better hope they don’t end up provoking warfare, too.

LOL Sure, crying...." that's not fair" :crybaby: ... is a winning strategy in court. :auiqs.jpg:

From a Trial Lawyer.?????? I have yet to see ANYONE who knows anything about the law, who says that Trump's arrests and charges are anything but valid and long overdue.

You must think we're as stupid and gullible as you are. If you finished high school, I'd be very surprised.

He's dead right. And the irony of your statement to follow it up with others are stupid and gullible.

The law don't matter in a Banana Republic. The intent is to disable a political opponent before the election. Ordinarily it can't happen in a just society based on the freedoms inherent in Constitutional law but when the media becomes the propaganda agent of a corrupt regime anything can happen.

The law don't matter in a Banana Republic. The intent is to disable a political opponent before the election. Ordinarily it can't happen in a just society based on the freedoms inherent in Constitutional law but when the media becomes the propaganda agent of a corrupt regime anything can happen.

And it will. I'm looking forward to it.

It'll make an interesting chapter in the history books in fifty years or so.

It seems to me that the reason why America's Leftists are not outraged by Trump's persecution through prosecution is because the LIKE it. They may realize how absurd these cases are, but they are so on board with the overall campaign that they pretend that it's all just business as usual, prosecutors going after a big crook.

It's like a baseball umpire who is missing calls for the whole game in your team's favor; you ain't likely to complain about it, or even admit that the bad calls happened.
Democrats are not known for looking at the long term effects of their actions. Since they focus only on the short term benefits, they are always shocked, dismayed, and appalled when their actions are used by Republicans the next time they have power. We saw it happen when Harry Reid nuked the filibuster for judges and they freaked when Republicans nuked it for Justices. We saw it when Quid Pro Joe opined that a president shouldn't appoint Justices in the last year of their term and they freaked when Republicans refused to hold hearings in Obama's last year. Now, democrats are eagerly jumping on the "get TRUMP! at all costs" bandwagon and are lustily cheering every effort to use the legal system in novel ways to accomplish that feat.

Naturally, they will be shocked, dismayed, and appalled when Republicans use the same tactics to take down a democrat candidate the next time they hold power, but they shouldn't be.

Democrats are not known for looking at the long term effects of their actions. Since they focus only on the short term benefits, they are always shocked, dismayed, and appalled when their actions are used by Republicans the next time they have power. We saw it happen when Harry Reid nuked the filibuster for judges and they freaked when Republicans nuked it for Justices. We saw it when Quid Pro Joe opined that a president shouldn't appoint Justices in the last year of their term and they freaked when Republicans refused to hold hearings in Obama's last year. Now, democrats are eagerly jumping on the "get TRUMP! at all costs" bandwagon and are lustily cheering every effort to use the legal system in novel ways to accomplish that feat.

Naturally, they will be shocked, dismayed, and appalled when Republicans use the same tactics to take down a democrat candidate the next time they hold power, but they shouldn't be.
Exactly. Shocking that the bad mean Dems want to hold people accountable for the crimes they commit.

Whatever next? Go after pervs who grab pussy?

Exactly. Shocking that the bad mean Dems want to hold people accountable for the crimes they commit.

Whatever next? Go after pervs who grab pussy?
Nah, maybe just someone who showered with his daughter and made her take them late at night so he wouldn't bother her.

So, a NO on charging people who rape or defraud others? No wonder your worship the orange douchebag. :itsok:
I'm glad we don't have any of those around, they sound scary.

You asked what was next, then presented a possibility. I presented another one of a higher priority.

I'm glad we don't have any of those around, they sound scary.

You asked what was next, then presented a possibility. I presented another one of a higher priority.
So, in your deranged mind, a non-proven issue is greater than someone who has been indicted for crimes? Yeah, that figures.

No wonder the orange douchebag loves his uneducated retards. :itsok:

So, in your deranged mind, a non-proven issue is greater than someone who has been indicted for crimes? Yeah, that figures.

No wonder the orange douchebag loves his uneducated retards. :itsok:
Again, glad none of those are around, they sound scary indeed.

it was inserted as a rule when he wouldn't go to war like the elites wanted.

Forum List

Back