Some Israelis yearn for new lives in Germany

Oct 11th 2014 | JERUSALEM
IS BERLIN the new Jerusalem? A Facebook page launched in Hebrew this month on how to move to a city far from rockets and rocketing prices in Israel has gone viral, reaching 600,000 people in a week.

It is called Olim Le-Berlin, “Let’s ascend to Berlin”, using the same rousing verb Jews reserve for emigrating, or “ascending”, to Israel.

Even Professor Manuel Trajtenberg, a leading economist commissioned by the government to look at the high cost of living, which sparked mass protests in 2011, has piped in. “Berlin is more attractive than Tel Aviv,” he says.

The German Federal Statistics Office records an increase of just 400 Israeli immigrants per year.
Some 700,000 Israelis have abandoned the Promised Land since its creation, says Sergio DellaPergola, a demographer.

Jewish migration Next year in Berlin The Economist

I wonder how the Germans feel about this.

:alcoholic: Actually no, that emoticon is too nice.

Penelope I have often wondered about your choice of avatar; the 'peace' sign of the 60's. Ahh, the 60's, where so many 'found' themselves by using mind altering drugs of varying strengths. This thread, every other post of yours, and your reading and comprehension skills revealed by said posts; tells me that you used those of the strongest strength.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I do not drink nor do any drugs. My peace sign is what I what to see everywhere, esp. in Israel as I think it might help with the rest of the ME. Your insults will not stop me from posting about the Zionist problem in the world, the US and the ME and esp. in Israel. So go right ahead.

I get sick when I see commercials about Wounded Warriors now, lets face it , they are disabled veterans, not wounded Warriors, the one with the little daughter, I wonder how she'll feel about the gov. when she sees what a waste the Iraq war was and what happened to her Dad. I cringe when I see young men coming home with arms, and legs missing, or PTSD they commit suicide , get divorced and end up on those hard drugs your talking about.

Hows that for explaining my avatar? Hope its up to your satisfaction. I also hope you can comprehend my post.

The only people who see a Zionist problem are the neo Marxists, the ISLAMONAZIS and the neo Nazis. Which group do you fall into out of these three, or are you in all three. I wonder if you cringe when you see the tunnels dug under Israeli schools and kindergarten's packed with high explosives ready to blow thousand of innocent children to tiny pieces, or do you swell with pride at the thought of your hero's ridding the world of 10,000 Zionists ?

Penelope, don't listen to these disgusting warmongers. They haven't a clue what war is about. I have seen war, and I don't wish it on anyone. They play war games on their Playstations and think that killing a few hundred Palestinian children over a few weeks is ok, because they are not Jews, They are a racist and murderous bunch that hide behind their computers spouting bullshit.

While you think killing a few million Jews is OK because you are commanded by your god to do so. Not a peep out of you for the hundreds of thousands of Palestinian children mass murdered by muslim terrorists in Syria, Iraq and Jordan.

Oh, and while I am asking you questions, you have established that Hamas can fire rockets and mortars into Israel and call it 'war'. I give you that.

But why do you insist that it is murder when Israel fires back?

I have been waiting for this answer from you for weeks.

When you bomb a UN school full of children, it is murder.

Even when the school is used to hide rockets and to protect terrorists ? If hamas used the school in the recent past as a military installation then they murdered the children under the terms of the GENEVA CONVENTIONS and the RULES OF WAR that the P.A. recently signed up to abide by, seems they are consummate liars.

Its not even close to be related to the Palestinians, just a bunch of few Israelis went to Berlin and found out some yogurt is cheaper because of the Kosher and delivery, trying another left wing maneuver to shake right wing government, nothing serious folks.
Penelope = amity1844 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Cute Daniyel.
Well it might be as you do have a housing problem, or is it better now?
2011 Israeli social justice protests - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

There is only so much land, and everyone knows that. I imagine that is why some Israeli's are destroying the olive trees, and land is being confiscated and housing projects being started, continuously.

Also they are reclaiming land stolen by the Palestinian arab muslims in 1948/1949 that you seem to think they have no legal right to do while defending the attempted land theft by recent arrivals to palestine under the right of return

Oh, and while I am asking you questions, you have established that Hamas can fire rockets and mortars into Israel and call it 'war'. I give you that.

But why do you insist that it is murder when Israel fires back?

I have been waiting for this answer from you for weeks.

When you bomb a UN school full of children, it is murder.

When you fire from that same school as Hamas does it caused it............Tell them to stop hiding behind children and place their positions were they guarantee civilian casualties.

Its not even close to be related to the Palestinians, just a bunch of few Israelis went to Berlin and found out some yogurt is cheaper because of the Kosher and delivery, trying another left wing maneuver to shake right wing government, nothing serious folks.

Cute Daniyel.

There is only so much land, and everyone knows that. I imagine that is why some Israeli's are destroying the olive trees, and land is being confiscated and housing projects being started, continuously.
Not really, we have a saying in Hebrew 'No one wiser than experienced '
The so called 'social justice ' campaign failed because its true face was revealed, I personally met Dafny Leif - one of the campaign leaders.
I'm working harder than any of these protesters, living in high rent, paying taxes, served in combat unit three years and getting paid far less than anyone of them, they are simply not a Zionists,and this is a main feature in today's left wing (majority)

Cute Daniyel.

The so called 'social justice ' campaign failed because its true face was revealed, I personally met Dafny Leif - one of the campaign leaders.
I'm working harder than any of these protesters, living in high rent, paying taxes, served in combat unit three years and getting paid far less than anyone of them, they are simply not a Zionists,and this is a main feature in today's left wing (majority)

Well I will admit that some of them may want to get more gov. support, we have those here as well. Like you said though , some do not hold to the Zionist position that its worth it to live in an area where there is always fighting and unrest, high housing and food costs. Its just not worth it to them. I also read Germany has free college. Not knowing the real housing situation, unemployment rate , etc, its hard to say. I think you do have that universal healthcare right. Would that include the Pals as well? I would imagine an apt in Tel Aviv is mega exp. and not too big , the same as NY and all the major cities here. I read the apts and homes are small, how small it didn't say. The fact does remain, there is only so much room. They say Israel is about the size of Vermont.

Does the USA extend its universal health care to the people living in Mexico or Canada. Does the UK extend its universal healthcare to the arab muslim living in gaza or the west bank. So why should Israel give Palestine health care that hard working Israeli's are paying for. Would you expect them to give them health care if Palestine was a viable state living in relative peace after 20 years of war ?

What next that Israel should give the Palestinians tanks, planes and missiles to target even more Israeli children.

Oct 11th 2014 | JERUSALEM
IS BERLIN the new Jerusalem? A Facebook page launched in Hebrew this month on how to move to a city far from rockets and rocketing prices in Israel has gone viral, reaching 600,000 people in a week.

It is called Olim Le-Berlin, “Let’s ascend to Berlin”, using the same rousing verb Jews reserve for emigrating, or “ascending”, to Israel.

Even Professor Manuel Trajtenberg, a leading economist commissioned by the government to look at the high cost of living, which sparked mass protests in 2011, has piped in. “Berlin is more attractive than Tel Aviv,” he says.

The German Federal Statistics Office records an increase of just 400 Israeli immigrants per year.
Some 700,000 Israelis have abandoned the Promised Land since its creation, says Sergio DellaPergola, a demographer.

Jewish migration Next year in Berlin The Economist

I wonder how the Germans feel about this.

Holocaust survivors call them "traitors".

While I don't agree with the term, those who leave Israel just because the milk price is a little bit high, perhaps not worthy to stay here to begin with.

Bye, the beloved country - why almost 40 percent of Israelis are thinking of emigrating

According to a new survey, more than a third of Israelis would leave the country if they could, citing economic opportunities as the main reason. Who are the wannabe leavers, and what can be done to induce them to stay?

Bye the beloved country - why almost 40 percent of Israelis are thinking of emigrating Israel News Haaretz

Ha'aretz would surely love this, they're anti-Israelis to the core.

Cute Daniyel.

Cute Daniyel.

Well I will admit that some of them may want to get more gov. support, we have those here as well. Like you said though , some do not hold to the Zionist position that its worth it to live in an area where there is always fighting and unrest, high housing and food costs. Its just not worth it to them. I also read Germany has free college. Not knowing the real housing situation, unemployment rate , etc, its hard to say. I think you do have that universal healthcare right. Would that include the Pals as well? I would imagine an apt in Tel Aviv is mega exp. and not too big , the same as NY and all the major cities here. I read the apts and homes are small, how small it didn't say. The fact does remain, there is only so much room. They say Israel is about the size of Vermont.

Does the USA extend its universal health care to the people living in Mexico or Canada. Does the UK extend its universal healthcare to the arab muslim living in gaza or the west bank. So why should Israel give Palestine health care that hard working Israeli's are paying for. Would you expect them to give them health care if Palestine was a viable state living in relative peace after 20 years of war ?

What next that Israel should give the Palestinians tanks, planes and missiles to target even more Israeli children.

When they are in our country they do, we also give medical care to those we have imprisoned.

Cute Daniyel.

Cute Daniyel.

When they are in our country they do, we also give medical care to those we have imprisoned.
In Israel they also get academic studies fully founded by tax payers, funny.

Cute Daniyel.

Cute Daniyel.

do you have to be an Israeli citizen , and of Jewish race, to qualify for these free benefits?

do you have to be an Israeli citizen , and of Jewish race, to qualify for these free benefits?
Neither, and being a Jewish only grant you duties.

Cute Daniyel.

Cute Daniyel.

The Palestinians are not in Israel though are they, they are in Palestine. So I will ask again does the USA give FREE MEDIACL AID TO THE PALESTINIANS IN PALESTINE. Are you saying that Israel doesn't and if you are how about a non partisan link to support your claim

No just a Jewish citizen or someone in great humanitarian need. Which is why Israel has treated Palestinian terrorists in the past for injuries sustained while attacking Israeli civilians.

So then that would mean the Pals get free healthcare, academic studies as well right?

So then that would mean the Pals get free healthcare, academic studies as well right?
They do as well, its a prisoners stabilizing program, surprised?

I'm not sure what you mean by " a prisoners stabilizing program"?

Helping them to get back on their feet, and giving them a better opportunity in life when they'll be released.

Helping them to get back on their feet, and giving them a better opportunity in life when they'll be released.

Yes I see they just has a huge donor benefit in Cairo, and the gulf states and other donated 5 bil to help rebuild the destruction Israel caused. I'm sure everyone was happy about that. What did Israel donate? Are you taking up a fund for the survivors?

Forum List

Back