Some Thoughts About Robin Williams Suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I oppose anyone trying to belittle someone else's pain by saying "I have had it so much worse than he has". Especially when they don't know the person.

I also find it amusing that Protard went off on someone, basically saying "You don't know anything about me!!", and yet he has tried to say, several times, that Robin Williams was depressed because of his substance abuse, and that the substance abuse was not an attempt to self-medicate his depression or mental health issue.

I'm not a fan of reading people trying to sound like experts when they are idiots.

WinterBorn is a troll who follows me around from thread to thread, enraged over the numerous times I've handed him his ass in the forum. That's why he engages in name-calling like Protard, idiot, pretend to be laughing at me, and other disparaging things (whatever he can think of at the moment). Oh well, **** many things in life, this forum isn't perfect either. Now back to the topic. :D

Protect, you really are starting to embarrass yourself, now.

Go read post # 110. It'll make you feel a lot better. # 120 might help you out too.

Last edited:
Hopefully Robin Williams' family and close friends are doing OK with this awful turn of events. I wish them deepest condolences.

Hopefully, we can go out on this note, with this being the last thing said, before they close the thread.

Last edited:
NO. The topic is NOT Robin Williams' suicide. The topic is what the title is >> Some Thoughts About Robin Williams Suicide. And some of those thoughts are the overattention given to Robin (someone who had it easy in life), as opposed to others who had it rough (like in the military), and who died honorably, and got little or no attention at all.

Are you really this dumb ? You don't get to define what the topic is. I do. The author of the OP. Here is the pure refute of what you're saying right above your post, in the quote highlighted in blue. Suddenly ? HA HA > Again, it was in the OP, you idiot. Some people have to be told twice. Or 3 or 4 times.

"I could have more sympathy for Robin if he had succumbed to injuries acquired [B]on a military battlefield, as veterans are having happen to them on a regular basis."[/B]

Yeah, and the topic is how you have suffered much more than he did.

And the topic is that you somehow know that his addictions were the cause of his depression, and not the other way around.

And the topic is your ranting at anyone who doesn't run away from your threats.

And the topic is that you know what others do on their Memorial Day holiday.

Yeah yeah, whatever. I'm sure, where ever Robin Williams is, he is heart-broken that you don't have any sympathy for him. I'm sure he would change it all (if he could) just because of that.

1. I didn't say, that, you did.

2. I didn't say that, you did.

3. As I recall, You're the only one I threatened with a report.

4. Sure I know what others do on Memorial Day. So do you.

Really? You might want to reread your own words. You stated: "I deal with far more than Robin Williams ever did (bipolar or no bipolar)”.

As you recall? You must be getting forgetful.

And if you have suffered from clinical depression, you would certainly know better than to say, “I just can't help thinking of all the people who really have a lot of reason to feel lonely, and be very bummed out, yet they don't fall apart and go down before their time.”.

Bummed out? You think long term depression is anything like being "bummed out"?

Robin Williams was one of the best comedians of our time and also one of the most accomplished actors in a variety of roles. He was able to do what many comedians have never done, cross-over into dramatic roles and win great acclaim in doing so. He was a very talented man and he will be sorely missed. It gives me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach to hear that he committed suicide. I can only imagine the pain his family must be going through at this time. It's one thing to lose someone you love, but to lose them to suicide is almost too much to take.

Depression is difficult for people without it to comprehend. It seems as if someone like Robin Williams, with the fame and fortune he had achieved, would have no reason to be depressed. But depression isn't like being in a bad mood or down in the dumps. It's more like falling into an emotional black hole that continues to suck you in. It's almost impossible to escape. There is no connection with fame or fortune, or even reasons to be happy in life, it sometimes doesn't make any rational sense at all. I'm sure this was the case with Williams.

Another comedian who was one of his early mentors and very similar in many respects is Jonathan Winters. It's interesting to note, Winters suffered with extreme bouts of depression all through his life. Before his big role in It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World, he was actually institutionalized for about 8 months. There are probably dozens of other examples, that one was just on my mind as I thought about Robin Williams today.

Great post. Thanks! :)

Yeah, and the topic is how you have suffered much more than he did.

And the topic is that you somehow know that his addictions were the cause of his depression, and not the other way around.

And the topic is your ranting at anyone who doesn't run away from your threats.

And the topic is that you know what others do on their Memorial Day holiday.

Yeah yeah, whatever. I'm sure, where ever Robin Williams is, he is heart-broken that you don't have any sympathy for him. I'm sure he would change it all (if he could) just because of that.

1. I didn't say, that, you did.

2. I didn't say that, you did.

3. As I recall, You're the only one I threatened with a report.

4. Sure I know what others do on Memorial Day. So do you.

Really? You might want to reread your own words. You stated: "I deal with far more than Robin Williams ever did (bipolar or no bipolar)”.

As you recall? You must be getting forgetful.

And if you have suffered from clinical depression, you would certainly know better than to say, “I just can't help thinking of all the people who really have a lot of reason to feel lonely, and be very bummed out, yet they don't fall apart and go down before their time.”.

Bummed out? You think long term depression is anything like being "bummed out"?

You want to make war ? Maybe you can do it with yourself in the mirror. I want to let this thread go out on a good note, so please stop posting (everyone)

Hopefully Robin Williams' family and close friends are doing OK with this awful turn of events. I wish them deepest condolences.

Hopefully, we can go out on this note, with this being the last thing said, before they close the thread.

I wish them well too. As I have the entire thread.

I also wish for people to use this tragedy to open dialogues about depression and what it actually entails.

Oh, and your claims of my following you from thread to thread?? lol I have posted in two threads you started recently. I post in lots of threads. Your paranoia is duly noted.

I also wish for people to use this tragedy to open dialogues about depression and what it actually entails.

Oh, and your claims of my following you from thread to thread?? lol I have posted in two threads you started recently. I post in lots of threads. Your paranoia is duly noted.

You want to make war ? Maybe you can do it with yourself in the mirror. I want to let this thread go out on a good note, so please stop posting (everyone)

Yes, your OP was fairly oozing with sympathy.

"We should not honor however the way he wrecked his life, and those of his wonderful wife and family. I could have more sympathy for Robin if he had succumbed to injuries acquired on a military battlefield, as veterans are having happen to them on a regular basis. But this is a guy who did this to himself - with alcohol and drugs, and wound up hurting others in the process.

Depression ? This guy had fame, fortune, the admiration of millions of fans for his great talents, and a wonderful family. No way this guy should have gone out this way. Thousands of people are homeless and hungry, and they don't commit suicide."

As for ending the posts, you are welcome to stop posting any time.

I was just reading a piece on his death: Robin Williams resented having to work on films such as the second Mrs Doubtfire but felt compelled in order to keep money coming in, a close friend of the actor has told the Telegraph.

An entertainment icon who felt obligated, almost pushed, to work not because he loved the work but because he needed the money to support his lifestyle, and it may have played a role in his death.

Reminds me of Michael Jackson.

I also wish for people to use this tragedy to open dialogues about depression and spread good information concerning this deadly illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back