Something that I think deserves it's own thread.

If only complicated arguments regarding campaign finance law were so simple.
I'm not talking about campaign finance law. Nor am I talking about corporate "personhood". I'm talking about the fact that corporations are people, real people, with rights like the rest of us. Liberals want to pretend otherwise. They want to regulate and control businesses as though they weren't people, ignoring their rights and dictating their practices

I'm not talking about campaign finance law. Nor am I talking about corporate "personhood". I'm talking about the fact that corporations are people, real people, with rights like the rest of us. Liberals want to pretend otherwise. They want to regulate and control businesses as though they weren't people, ignoring their rights and dictating their practices

Corporations do not have the same rights as people. They are not citizens. Corporations do not have 'rights' as you are attempting to protray it.

"Interestingly, while the Court has concluded that corporations are “persons” within the meaning of the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment, the Court has been quite reticent to concede that corporations are “citizens” for the purpose of the Privileges and Immunities Clause." -- American Bar Association

This was posted on another thread. But it's so deep, and spot on, I think it would be worth wild to discuss this topic on it's own (since it wasn't really on topic of the OP in the other thread)

The political divide in this country, especially on forums like this stems from a lot of issues. Some are legit disagreements. And some are merely political loyalty. "Sticking it to the other side" seems to be the going thing. Revenge politics, as they say. But on a social level.

The proof in this statement can be seen in the many MANY flip flops the party's have taken in the last several decades. Used to be, the GOP was the party of fiscal conservatism. They still campaign on being fiscal conservatives. But the fact is, the right has spent more money and increased the debt ceiling more times since at least 1980, than the democrats have.
And as far as the democrats go, they used to be the party of border security. They're the ones who come up with the idea of fencing off the border and putting large amounts of border patrols on it. This was back when they seem to care about the working class Americans and wanted to protect their jobs.

Those are just two examples. But FA_Q2 nailed in his statement.

What republican is going to stand up against Trumps spending problem, in favor of keeping our economy from collapsing from inflation created by all the money he's going to borrow when he's re elected? What democrat is going to stand up against Biden's lax border problem, in favor of the American working man? Are these issue important enough for anyone to strongly oppose their party and it's leaders and decide for yourself, instead of being told what and who to support?
What a load.

Corporations do not have the same rights as people. They are not citizens. Corporations do not have 'rights' as you are attempting to protray it.

"Interestingly, while the Court has concluded that corporations are “persons” within the meaning of the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment, the Court has been quite reticent to concede that corporations are “citizens” for the purpose of the Privileges and Immunities Clause." -- American Bar Association

Sure they do, shit for brains. Corporations have rights because the people who own them have rights. You can't violate the rights of a corporation without violating the rights of the people who own it. For example, do you imagine the government can expropriate the property of a corporation without violating the rights of its owners? A leftwinger would say that's OK because corporations are not people.

Last edited:
Sure they do, shit for brains. Corporations have rights because the people who own them have rights. You can't violate the rights of a corporation without violating the rights of the people who own. For example, do you imagine the government can expropriate the property of a corporation without violating the rights of its owners? I leftwinger would say that's OK because corporations are not people.
Exactly. And that's what Romney was saying - you can't just pretend that corporations are robots and fuck them blind with a clean conscience. Liberals are just trying to justify violating the rights of the very real people who own corporations. They do the same thing with business regulation in general, insisting that if someone dares to run their own business, they forfeit their rights (to freedom of speech, freedom of association, etc, etc ...).

Exactly. And that's what Romney was saying - you can't just pretend that corporations are robots and fuck them blind with a clean conscience. Liberals are just equivocating, trying to use the questionable concept of "corporate personhood" to justify violating the rights of the very real people who own corporations.
Romney? Where does he come into this?

Sure they do, shit for brains. Corporations have rights because the people who own them have rights. You can't violate the rights of a corporation without violating the rights of the people who own it. For example, do you imagine the government can expropriate the property of a corporation without violating the rights of its owners? A leftwinger would say that's OK because corporations are not people.
your ignorance is duly noted

troll elsewhere

So when somebody sues a corporation those people are being sued?

Hmm...
They should be, in my view. I have serious issues with the standard LLC charter. I think it should be changed. But we should change that, rather than pretending they aren't people and essentially doing away with their rights.

Exactly. And that's what Romney was saying - you can't just pretend that corporations are robots and fuck them blind with a clean conscience. Liberals are just trying to justify violating the rights of the very real people who own corporations. They do the same thing with business regulation in general, insisting that if someone dares to run their own business, they forfeit their rights (to freedom of speech, freedom of association, etc, etc ...).
both of you ignore any links explaining facts. Okay.

but that does not make the facts disappear.

both of you ignore any links explaining facts. Okay.

but that does not make the facts disappear.

Your quoting obvious propaganda. What facts have we failed to make disappear?

Pretty much. Do you imagine a scrap of paper is being sued?

Again, your ignorance is duly noted

usmb dante rcomments legal 1.jpg

usmb bripat legal nonsense 1.jpg

They should be, in my view. I have serious issues with the standard LLC charter. I think it should be changed. But we should change that, rather than pretending they aren't people and essentially doing away with their rights.
Respectfully, how are people denied rights if corporations are not fully vested with the same personal rights?

People can still donate money, vote, move .. do anything.

But, I don't deny the fact that unions were considered differently than corporations.

Forum List

Back