Sonic and Chili's Get On the Bandwagon

Telling gun owners to stay out ?

Okay, I'll do just that.

Gun owner or not, I'M certainly not eating at an establishment that puts up a figurative neon sign over their door, saying, "Please come murder us! We're all helpless!"
If there are two restaurants next to each other, both serving the same food, and one says guns welcome and one says no weapons, I'm going with the no weapons. The people I'd meet there would be of a better class.

Exactly how do you prove that statement? No hurry, considering the people probably come from the same community.

And tell the gun lovers to stay out of their restaurants!

Chili’s and Sonic became the latest national chains to wade into the gun debate on Friday, announcing in apparently coordinated statements that firearms are no longer welcome in their restaurants.

“We recognize that the open carry of firearms creates an uncomfortable atmosphere and is not permitted under many local liquor laws,” Ashley Johnson, a spokeswoman for Chili's' parent company, Brinker International, said in an email. “So, we kindly ask that guests refrain from openly carrying firearms into our restaurants and we will continue to follow state and local laws on this issue.”

Good for them for standing up to the NRA bullies!

Who the hell eats at those dumps anyway?

Was in an airport a year or so back, around 6am. Only restaurant open was a Chili's. All I wanted was coffee and a sweet roll. Was refused service because they only served full breakfasts. They'd gladly give me coffee and the roll I wanted if I'd also order a full meal with potato, egg, sausage (or bacon) and coffee included. But the sweet roll was available as a "breakfast dessert" for extra money.

Waited for the free coffee on the plane but the "breakfast burrito" they served was just shy of poisonous. Still, free, but with good reason 'cause nobody who previously dealt with one would pay for another.

Coffee wasn't bad,tho.

Telling gun owners to stay out ?

Okay, I'll do just that.

Gun owner or not, I'M certainly not eating at an establishment that puts up a figurative neon sign over their door, saying, "Please come murder us! We're all helpless!"
If there are two restaurants next to each other, both serving the same food, and one says guns welcome and one says no weapons, I'm going with the no weapons. The people I'd meet there would be of a better class.

most people go to restaurants to eat.....if you want to socialize try a Starbucks....just sayin...

Exactly how do you prove that statement? No hurry, considering the people probably come from the same community.
Because liberals are less likely to own guns and are very unlikely open-carry in that case. Gun nuts love their guns. Those are not people I spend time with even though I own guns.

most people go to restaurants to eat.....if you want to socialize try a Starbucks....just sayin...

Your avatar made me laugh

I do that as well, sometimes.

You guys go to restaurants hoping to play the hero with a big, bad gun apparently.

I remember DEFENDING and going to a restaurant I really didn't like called ChicFilA. They expressed a belief that caused others to do a boycott & a fag sit in.

Now another situation arises based on owners beliefs and I find myself alone in the raft defending them surrounded by a sea of sharks rather than fags.

Sigh.... I guess consistency is just too much to ask.

It is a toss-up what is more retarded ... Banning weapons at your establishment or advertising the customers and emplyees are unarmed.
Open carry or concealed carry ... It doesn't matter ... They are looking for brownie points beyond good service.
But anyway ... Private business can do whatever they want ... If playing politics helps them out, then so be it.

Not that I am a regular customer of either establishment ... But I certainly won't visit either now.
I don't open carry often ... But support people who do and their liberties
Perhaps Chilli's and Sonic should do a better job of serving the customer and improving their menu than playing politics.

Because liberals are less likely to own guns and are very unlikely open-carry in that case. Gun nuts love their guns. Those are not people I spend time with even though I own guns.

You are the voice of ignorance that just keeps on going, either you have no idea of what love is or you're just plain stupid. I don't know many people that actually love anything that can't possibly love them back. Guns are simply machines that require someone to operate them, people like them for their purpose, love them, not so much.

You are the voice of ignorance that just keeps on going, either you have no idea of what love is or you're just plain stupid. I don't know many people that actually love anything that can't possibly love them back. Guns are simply machines that require someone to operate them, people like them for their purpose, love them, not so much.
Guns are Weapons. Weapons are for killing things, usually people, which is why they were invented. Learn to be honest, it's harder but it's better, if you can handle reality that is.

Guns are Weapons. Weapons are for killing things, usually people, which is why they were invented. Learn to be honest, it's harder but it's better, if you can handle reality that is.

Just more ignorance, legal gun owners use them for defense not offense, a couple of million times a year actually. But in your ignorance you would prefer to have more victims, believing people have a right to defend themselves some how makes them a gun nut. Carry on oh ignorant one, the short bus awaits.

Just more ignorance, legal gun owners use them for defense not offense, a couple of million times a year actually. But in your ignorance you would prefer to have more victims, believing people have a right to defend themselves some how makes them a gun nut. Carry on oh ignorant one, the short bus awaits.
Your defense numbers are crap. What they mostly do is shoot themselves, or their families.

Telling gun owners to stay out, does that include security guards and the police or are they completely hypocritical?

Myself I see no reason to carry but that is a personal choice.

That analogy is about as stupid as saying knife murderers should be allowed to perform surgeries because they weld instruments that cut tissue just like surgeons..

Your defense numbers are crap. What they mostly do is shoot themselves, or their families.

Wrong again oh ignorant one.

Estimates over the number of defensive gun uses vary, depending on the study's population, criteria, time-period studied, and other factors. Higher end estimates by Kleck and Gertz show between 1 to 2.5 million DGUs in the United States each year.

Defensive gun use - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Better hurry, the short bus is still waiting.

Wrong again oh ignorant one.

Estimates over the number of defensive gun uses vary, depending on the study's population, criteria, time-period studied, and other factors. Higher end estimates by Kleck and Gertz show between 1 to 2.5 million DGUs in the United States each year.

Defensive gun use - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Better hurry, the short bus is still waiting.
It's crap but you need common sense to know that, and you don't have any.

The fact that there is even a discussion about whether you can walk into a restaurant carrying a gun shows just how fucked up the United States is.

Forum List

Back