Sotomayor says executing child rapist/killer is barbarism

The death penalty is barbaric

Most of the civilized world forbids it
What do ewe think of child killers/rapists?

I think they should be imprisoned for life

Far more cruel than the death penalty. It’s also cheaper.

Leaving this asshole to rot in prison for the rest of his life, never to breathe free air again and treated like the parriah he is.

Lethal injection and it’s over. Let’s him off easy.
Horse shit. If LWOP was worse than death, people on death row wouldn't be appealing their executions.

The only person that is left out of the equation is the victim, and family, who didn't want to die and suffer in the first place nor lose a loved one. I don't see how this can be overlooked by the courts, which by their actions are on one hand saying life is precious, yet on the other hand say too bad for the victim now we need to protect the life and well being of the perpetrator? Give me a break.

Leaving this asshole to rot in prison for the rest of his life, never to breathe free air again and treated like the parriah he is.

Horse shit. If LWOP was worse than death, people on death row wouldn't be appealing their executions.

People are appealing their death sentences because the LAW REQUIRES them to do so. They must exhaust all possible appeals before that state can murder them.

People on death row are appealing their executions because they are required by law to do so.

Most death penalty sentences are overturned. Here’s why that matters.

Last edited:
Criminal Justice research says that it does not.

Failure to Deter Crime Archives - NC Coalition for Alternatives to the Death Penalty

Some of the people are actually trying to get executed. Others care as little about their own life as that of others. Sexual predators are driven by their perversion and no threat of punishment will deter them

I take death penalty opposition research with a grain of salt.

The number of murders prevented by prospective assailant's fear of capital punishment cannot be known.

People are appealing their death sentences because the LAW REQUIRES them to do so. They must exhaust all possible appeals before that state can murder them.
Horse shit. They can, if they wish, waive their appeals. (Best-known example of that, of course, being Gary Gilmore.)

The only reason I'm against the death penalty is because of how many innocent people have been taken off of death row.

Until our justice system is absolutely perfect we cannot punish with such absolution as the death penalty.

Failure to Deter Crime Archives - NC Coalition for Alternatives to the Death Penalty

Some of the people are actually trying to get executed. Others care as little about their own life as that of others. Sexual predators are driven by their perversion and no threat of punishment will deter them

The number of murders prevented by prospective assailant's fear of capital punishment cannot be known.
AS you wish. But consider the possibility that someone who is crazy enough to rape and murder anyone, especially a child is going to be deterred by the possibility of their own death. The common sense answer my friend is that they wont be

Yet according to you regressives abortion is civilized.

Before you imply that anyone is a hypocrite , please explain why many of the same people who are anti abortion are pro death penalty. I suspect that you are one of them Donnie wannabe

AS you wish. But consider the possibility that someone who is crazy enough to rape and murder anyone, especially a child is going to be deterred by the possibility of their own death. The common sense answer my friend is that they wont be

I view the death penalty as an eye for an eye first and any addt'l upside as deterrence is gravy.

He'll sure be deterred when he's dead.

I view the death penalty as an eye for an eye first and any addt'l upside as deterrence is gravy.

And what if you get it wrong? Now you've killed an innocent person and the real killer still walks the streets. Is that justice?

Nope. Maybe in Canada not here. In the U.S. there is one appeal as a matter of right. Subsequent appeals are brought by public interest lawyers like the ACLU or The Innocence Project.

Forum List

Back