Sounds Like Trump Committed Obstruction

Hundreds of former Justice officials assert Trump would be facing felony charges if he were not President - CNNPolitics

Hundreds of former Justice Department officials said in an open letter released Monday
that President Donald Trump would be facing multiple felony charges stemming from the Russia investigation if he were not President.

The letter posted online by Justice Department alumni, who served under presidents from both parties, said the report from special counsel Robert Mueller contained repeated instances of Trump committing obstruction of justice, and that he would have been charged with obstruction if he was not protected as President by an opinion from the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel that Mueller cited.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess Trump will call this 'fake nuwz' ............ LOFL

As a liberal I'll admit we didn't catch the sitting president with enough that he should be impeached but I would not trust this criminal with a second term. He would not give a fuck about being re elected and he would do horrible things in his second term.

I appreciate the deregulations and tax breaks that didn't do much to improve an already good economy. Don't know if it was worth it but it wasn't a bad 4 years. The problem is, it's easy to be president during good times. Trump just rode the Obama wave. It's a lot harder to be president during a recession and I don't want to see low IQ Donny or Raw Dog Don struggle through a crisis.

Well, maybe you could contact Trump and Barr and ask them to stop stonewalling all the information they need to proceed on impeachment.
What more information do they need?

A bunch of former justice department people have signed a letter stating that Trump would be prosecuted if not president. SURELY they have enough evidence to make such a claim?

Or, they are talking STRAIGHT OUT OF THEIR ASSES!!!

'The statement is signed by more than 20 former U.S. attorneys and more than 100 career Justice Department officials who worked in every administration dating back to President Eisenhower.'

Over 400 former prosecutors say Trump would be charged with obstruction if he weren't president

This is conclusive evidence - from legal experts from both sides for generations back - that there EASILY was enough evidence to charge (and probably convict) Trump of Obstruction of Justice.

I was not sure before this...but now I am.
Conclusive?

Then, what are the fucking Dems waiting on?

How do you know all the signatories are Democrats as a "fact"? Do you have access to a list of signatories or is your silly claim just more of your misinformation nonsense?
I know no one can produce the name of a single honest Republican. That's all I need to know.
You claimed your assertion to be a fact. Now you are admitting it is only your speculation and opinion based on your partisan imagination or tendency to just make things up as you go. Sort of a form of lying.
What assertion? It's a fact that no one has named anyone but Weld to sign this piece of shit who is a Republican. That isn't speculation.
What assertion? It's a fact that no one has named anyone but Weld to sign this piece of shit who is a Republican. That isn't speculation.
How many of the 566 former prosecutors who have already signed this letter are Democrats?
All of them.

Diaper change time????

300+ attorneys say they think Trump obstructed justice

"Hundreds of former Justice Department officials said in an open letter released Monday that President Donald Trump would be facing multiple felony charges stemming from the Russia investigation if he were not President.

"The letter posted online by Justice Department alumni, who served under presidents from both parties, said the report from special counsel Robert Mueller contained repeated instances of Trump committing obstruction of justice, and that he would have been charged with obstruction if he was not protected as President by an opinion from the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel that Mueller cited."

Bipartisan support that includes one career prosecutor who worked with Rudy Giuliani says the Rudy he knew would not have hesitated to charge Trump based on the evidence Mueller has supplied.

Trump's actions today confirm he is still actively obstructing justice, and provides ample evidence he will do little to prevent his "Fancy Bear" buddies from helping in 2020.

So

What
So

Impeach
n_joy_trumpimpeach_190427_1920x1080.focal-520x260.jpg

Fmr. CIA official: American freedom requires Trump impeachment

Those $900 per hour lawyers representing Trump should be disbarred for taking the money for a fool's errand.......They know they're representing an idiot who CANNOT win, but the money is good.......hopefully, for them, they're being paid in advance. ...LOL

"Hundreds of former Justice Department officials said in an open letter released Monday that President Donald Trump would be facing multiple felony charges stemming from the Russia investigation if he were not President.

"The letter posted online by Justice Department alumni, who served under presidents from both parties, said the report from special counsel Robert Mueller contained repeated instances of Trump committing obstruction of justice, and that he would have been charged with obstruction if he was not protected as President by an opinion from the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel that Mueller cited."

Bipartisan support that includes one career prosecutor who worked with Rudy Giuliani says the Rudy he knew would not have hesitated to charge Trump based on the evidence Mueller has supplied.

Trump's actions today confirm he is still actively obstructing justice, and provides ample evidence he will do little to prevent his "Fancy Bear" buddies from helping in 2020.

Actually it's much more than 300.

That list has over 450 names on it.

trump has committed crimes before he was president and while he has been president.

No one is above the law.

Trump would have been charged with obstruction were he not president, hundreds of former federal prosecutors assert

*yawn* Yet another display of EpicProgButtHurt. It's getting tedious.

"Each of us believes that the conduct of President Trump described in Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report would, in the case of any other person not covered by the Office of Legal Counsel policy against indicting a sitting President, result in multiple felony charges for obstruction of justice." (Source)

But the fact is, Trump IS covered against indictment. So this is just more Dems falling on their backs, pounding their tiny fists, and wailing. Maybe they should start a "We Hate Trump and We're Butthurt" club, it would be just as meaningful.

Only while he's president. He won't be president for life.

Once he's out of office he can be prosecuted.

If he loses next year watch all the indictments happen. Then watch trump and the rest of his criminal cohorts face the fullest extent of our laws.

If he survives the election, he will be indicted in 2025 when he leaves office. He will have 4 more years of crimes added to the ones he has committed thus far.

So, why do house Democrats continue to "investigate" and demand information from Barr et al? HUNDREDS of former Justice Department officials have declared Trump guilty and have enough evidence to prosecute.

Why are the Dems fucking around. Impeach his ass NOW!!!

Why are the Dems fucking around. Impeach his ass NOW!!!

Until some republicans senators grow enough of a spine, impeachment is impossible...

Democrats are biding their time to see Trump THOROUGHLY destroy the current GOP; republicans in the senate need to determine whether they want to support their once Grand ol' Party........or defend the converted Trump cult.

Berzelius Windrip Trump said he could shoot someone in public and he wouldn't lose voters. Looks like he wasn't joking.

Hundreds of former Justice officials assert Trump would be facing felony charges if he were not President - CNNPolitics

Hundreds of former Justice Department officials said in an open letter released Monday
that President Donald Trump would be facing multiple felony charges stemming from the Russia investigation if he were not President.

The letter posted online by Justice Department alumni, who served under presidents from both parties, said the report from special counsel Robert Mueller contained repeated instances of Trump committing obstruction of justice, and that he would have been charged with obstruction if he was not protected as President by an opinion from the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel that Mueller cited.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s over 500 now. Many of them Republicans. Republicans like registered Republican Robert Mueller.

Actually over 650. And understandably it's jumping like a cat on a griddle, given that you could write "Ted Nugent" into the form, trump up some background, maybe create a gmail address if you were really, really motivated and add a name to the list.

If you were really clever you could troll linkedin for these folks and punch in their creds too.

If I could figure this out, I'm sure others have. Y'all been had. Again.

And before one of you fine folks jumps in to tell me to adjust my tinfoil hat I do believe that whatever group put this together likely got some legit signatories, but conveniently left the door so wide open you could drive a truck through it.

The data is meaningless. Likely more meaningless than the statement itself, which has no force of anything other than in the court of public opinion, which is what this propaganda expedition has been about since the start, IMO.

Here's a few names of the signers of the letter ridiculing the stooge, Barr, for "fully exonerating" Trump...

• Donald Ayer, a former deputy attorney general in the George H.W. Bush administration;
  • John S. Martin, a former U.S. attorney and federal judge appointed to his posts by Republican presidents;
  • Paul Rosenzweig, who served as senior counsel to independent counsel Kenneth W. Starr;
  • Jeffrey Harris, who worked as the principal assistant to Rudolph W. Giuliani when he was at the Justice Department in the Reagan administration.
Bill Barr is FINISHED as a legitimate AG and has joined the ranks of Trump cult members.

Maybe he can still manage to eventually get a job at Fox and Friends

Nothing fake about it.

Mueller found no collusion or conspiracy with Russia and could not conclude that Obstruction had been committed.
That's the official report and the end of the story.
Not as simple as that bucko, there are political implications. The report showed that Trump and those around him lied to the American people time and time again about meeting with Russians. It also showed possible illegal activity by Trump with how he tried to intervene with the investigation. Do you deny either of those things? If so what and why??

Trump is going to be the first President to go down for lying?? You people bet the farm on Collusion and now are trying desperately to recover by calling obstruction at every angle and going after taxes. As for impeachment, I defy the Democrats to proceed. They have already calculated that and deemed it too risky for them.
I didn’t say anything about him going down for lying. I just said that he lied. I’ve also been speaking out against the obstruction biz since the report first came out. You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Only while he's president. He won't be president for life.
Once he's out of office he can be prosecuted.
If he loses next year watch all the indictments happen. Then watch trump and the rest of his criminal cohorts face the fullest extent of our laws.
If he survives the election, he will be indicted in 2025 when he leaves office. He will have 4 more years of crimes added to the ones he has committed thus far.
An even bigger fantasy than the Mueller fizzle. Keep dreaming, though!

Forum List

Back