South Carolina Republican Primary Thread

I guess Roger Ailles is chewing a leather bone right about now.

roflmao

TRUMP_zpsb3hskze3.jpg

Meanwhile the Dems continue looking for a legit Presidential candidate.

NextDemCandidate_zpsw60vztpq.jpg

Does Trump get all the delegates from SC or is this another where the delegates get split?

He got 38 delegates, nobody else got any

This is very good! OMG the Republicans don't have those Super Delegates like the Democrats do?

There are three per state, but they have to vote for the candidate who got the largest number of votes.

We can all think the Ron Paul infiltration in 2012 for that, lol.

If Bush and Kasich were to leave the race at this point I'll bet Rubio is the biggest beneficiary. It will be interesting to see how future primaries go after that.
But if Carson and Cruz drop out, Trump is the big gainer.

Why on earth would Cruz drop out at this point?

Cruz wouldnt drop out now, but after he blows through his money. His donors are not going to be inclined to donate to a man they think cant win, but his expenditures wont stop. When the well runs dry he wont have a choice.

Why should Cruz drop out? It's still a toss up between him and Rubio. There's still a lot of votes uncounted.
Only once Cruz runs out of money will he drop out, or just stop competing for voters.

That is not today, obviously, but I think it will happen by end of April.

The super delegate thing doesn't seem terribly democratic of the democrats :eusa_shifty:

No it doesn't, even in unlikely event Bernie Sanders won every Primary, the Party can take it off him with the Super Delegates all siding with Hillary.

Democracy the Democratic Party way :rolleyes-41:

Here's what I project. When Carson pulls out, he will throw his support to Trump. Not a whole lot there.
Bush should drop out early next week. He will throw his support to Rubio. That will put Rubio in almost a dead heat with Trump. Rubio is the Establishment boy now.

maybe its enough gop poll
what is poll for trump vs clinton ?
Right now it is a statistical tie.

It wont be by June though and Trump will have a healthy lead.

What will happen in Nevada? Is after Nevada the Super Tuesday thing or are there primaries in-between?

Yes, Nevada is Feb 23 this Tuesday and the Super Tuesday is the following week's Tuesday on March 1.

My bet is that the GOP Establishment will put the thumb screws on Bush to withdraw and concentrate the anti-Trump vote. Kasich may see the same thing,but I have a feeling Trump may have cut a deal with Kasich to be his VP and help him with Ohio, while he keeps the establishment lane divided in Northern states. Hell, if I was Trump would be feeding funding to Kasich through third parties, a long and respectable tradition in American politics.

The super delegate thing doesn't seem terribly democratic of the democrats :eusa_shifty:

No it doesn't, even in unlikely event Bernie Sanders won every Primary, the Party can take it off him with the Super Delegates all siding with Hillary.

Bernie is toast now. He really always was. Hillary is the face of the Democratic Party.

Hopefully he will drain Hillary of energy and funding. It is a shame really how the DNC has fucked Sanders.

Bernie is toast now. He really always was. Hillary is the face of the Democratic Party.

That is because the far left is far from pro-choice!

Forum List

Back