South Carolina schools may teach gun safety and training

Ah, a guy shot himself with this defective gun there little buddy, and he was following your rules.

Really? So he had no round in the chamber until he was ready to fire it, he made sure it was in good mechanical condition, and didn't point it at anything he didn't want to shoot? But still shot himself?

No, I think not.
He carried the gun like any other policeman, and shot himself in the foot when the gun fired all on its own.

And he did not know about the defect, so he did not make sure the gun was in good mechanical condition.
Jesus, I give up. A guy buys a guns, loads it, carries it like anyone else would, and the gun is bad which he finds out when the gun fires by itself and shoots him,and you say that shouldn't have happened if he had followed the rules, which he did? Idiotic.
You're an idiot.
First off, people should not load and carry weapons they havent test fired first.
Second, notice that in the video fo the Taurus, which is a cheap POS gun btw, no one was shot even though the gun malfunctioned. Know why? Right, gun pointed in safe direction.
Watch the first video where they discovered that the gun was bad because it shot the policeman carrying it. And if you search you will find out that the police recalled all 98,000 of them.

He carried the gun like any other policeman, and shot himself in the foot when the gun fired all on its own.
Guns dont fire all on their own. That is an impossibility. ANd if he had it pointed at his foot then he wasnt following gun safety rules.
Read back a bit and you will discover that they do fire by themselves.
I have seen no evidence of a gun firing by itself.
Here you lazy bastard: Dangerous Gun Fires Without Touching The Trigger Video Break.com
You mean the video where the guy is shaking the gun until it fires? That isnt firing on its own. That is firing in response to being shaken. T he gun is clearly defective.
What point do you want o make using a defective gun as evidence?
That bad guns are made and accidental shootings are inevitable, even when gun safety rules are followed.

Really? So he had no round in the chamber until he was ready to fire it, he made sure it was in good mechanical condition, and didn't point it at anything he didn't want to shoot? But still shot himself?

No, I think not.

And he did not know about the defect, so he did not make sure the gun was in good mechanical condition.
Jesus, I give up. A guy buys a guns, loads it, carries it like anyone else would, and the gun is bad which he finds out when the gun fires by itself and shoots him,and you say that shouldn't have happened if he had followed the rules, which he did? Idiotic.
You're an idiot.
First off, people should not load and carry weapons they havent test fired first.
Second, notice that in the video fo the Taurus, which is a cheap POS gun btw, no one was shot even though the gun malfunctioned. Know why? Right, gun pointed in safe direction.
Watch the first video where they discovered that the gun was bad because it shot the policeman carrying it. And if you search you will find out that the police recalled all 98,000 of them.
Because they were defective.
What is your point here? ANy manufactured item can be defective.

Ah, a guy shot himself with this defective gun there little buddy, and he was following your rules.

No, I think not.
Guns dont fire all on their own. That is an impossibility. ANd if he had it pointed at his foot then he wasnt following gun safety rules.

Apparently there was a manufacturing defect in a run of Taurus PT 24/7s. There was a recall.

Here you lazy bastard: Dangerous Gun Fires Without Touching The Trigger Video Break.com
You mean the video where the guy is shaking the gun until it fires? That isnt firing on its own. That is firing in response to being shaken. T he gun is clearly defective.
That bad guns are made and accidental shootings are inevitable, even when the rules are followed.
So? Is that some kind of brilliant insight? Cars are defective too and people die as a result. Would you like to ban cars?
The truth is that the incidence of defective guns like that is very very low.

No, I think not.

Apparently there was a manufacturing defect in a run of Taurus PT 24/7s. There was a recall.
Yes not their first I'm sure. I wouldnt carry Tauruses in my shop because their QC really sucked.
But who cares? So what?

That bad guns are made and accidental shootings are inevitable, even when the rules are followed.
So? Is that some kind of brilliant insight? Cars are defective too and people die as a result. Would you like to ban cars?
No, it's not a brilliant insight, it's something WinterBorn can't seem to understand. At least you get that part of it.

No, I think not.

Was the gun in good mechanical condition???
Yes, as far as he knew, but it was a bad gun.

And the defective gun malfunctioned. Obviously it was not in good mechanical condition.

If the only example of an accidental shooting that could not be prevented by following safety rules is a defective firearm that did not function properly, (in Brazil), you have lost the argument.

And the gun did not chamber a round on its own.

No, it's not a brilliant insight, it's something WinterBorn can't seem to understand. At least you get that part of it.
What I dont get is what the fuck difference it makes.

Yes not their first I'm sure. I wouldnt carry Tauruses in my shop because their QC really sucked.
But who cares? So what?
I care because I'm trying to explain to WinterBorn that even if all the gun safety rules are followed there will still be accidental shootings, period,

But who cares? So what?
I care because I'm trying to explain to WinterBorn that even if all the gun safety rules are followed there will still be accidental shootings, period,
Huh?
So we shouldn't teach gun safety because we cannot eliminate every accident involving a gun, just most of them. Is that seriously your point? You wasted everyone's time with that shit?
Geezus.

And the defective gun malfunctioned. Obviously it was not in good mechanical condition.

If the only example of an accidental shooting that could not be prevented by following safety rules is a defective firearm that did not function properly, (in Brazil), you have lost the argument.

I've lost nothing, you simply don't get it or follow the links, like in the case of the Remingtons with the bad triggers: Remington to replace millions of Model 700 rifle triggers

I've lost nothing, you simply don't get it or follow the links, like in the case of the Remingtons with the bad triggers: Remington to replace millions of Model 700 rifle triggers
So there must be millions of people accidentally shot with them, right?
Oh, no.
If your point is that manufactured items are occasionally defective then you have a blinding flash of the obvious.

You haven't been part of the conversation so unless you want to read the last 30 pages, shut the hell up about what parts you don't get.

Oh, no.
If your point is that manufactured items are occasionally defective then you have a blinding flash of the obvious.
I get it, he doesn't. And give it a rest, you aren't in the loop.

You haven't been part of the conversation so unless you want to read the last 30 pages, shut the hell up about what parts you don't get.
Go fuck yourself, asshole. You dont know jackshit about what you're talking about and I've dismembered what stupid point you were trying to make.

Oh, no.
Go fuck yourself.

Oh, no.
Go fuck yourself.
The better idea would be for you not to jump into a conversation of 60 pages you haven't been involved in. Grow up Rabbit.

Oh, no.
Go fuck yourself.
The better idea would be for you not to jump into a conversation of 60 pages you haven't been involved in. Grow up Rabbit.
Butt hurt much?
Your "point" was off point and nugatory. If that's the best argument you can come up with, manufactured items occasionally are defective, then you lost this argument soundly.

According to the OP, yes it will include going to the range. That is not all it will include, but it will be part of the class.
You seem to be unable to answer this simple question. Does a Gun Safety class including firing guns and is the class itself optional?

Your question was answered in the link in the OP (almost 50 pages ago).

From that linked article: "The second bill, being proposed in the Senate, would offer an optional gun safety or gun marksmanship course to students, though at an off-campus location."

So yes, it is optional and yes they go to a gun range.
You seem to be unable to answer this simple question. Does a Gun Safety class including firing guns and is the class itself optional?
Pity if it doesn't.

Students should be required to attend a gun range and use all manner of firearms; no better way to develop a healthy respect for guns.
No better way to develop a gun nut, just what the NRA and this SC pol want.
The vast majority of those who would take such a class would likely never again touch a firearm.

But should they encounter a firearm at some point in the future, they would know how to safely check to see if it were loaded, clear it if it is, and render the firearm harmless to themselves and others.

Forum List

Back