South Carolina schools may teach gun safety and training

I have seen no evidence of a gun firing by itself.
Here you lazy bastard: Dangerous Gun Fires Without Touching The Trigger Video Break.com
You mean the video where the guy is shaking the gun until it fires? That isnt firing on its own. That is firing in response to being shaken. T he gun is clearly defective.
What point do you want o make using a defective gun as evidence?
That bad guns are made and accidental shootings are inevitable, even when the rules are followed.
So? Is that some kind of brilliant insight? Cars are defective too and people die as a result. Would you like to ban cars?
The truth is that the incidence of defective guns like that is very very low.
No, it's not a brilliant insight, it's something WinterBorn can't seem to understand. At least you get that part of it.

PMH is angry because I said that if everyone followed basic gun safety rules it would eliminate accidental shooting deaths.

He has been searching the internet for examples of accidental shootings that did not involve violating a safety rule. The only one he found was a defective run of guns sold in Brazil.

I've lost nothing, you simply don't get it or follow the links, like in the case of the Remingtons with the bad triggers: Remington to replace millions of Model 700 rifle triggers
So there must be millions of people accidentally shot with them, right?
Oh, no.
If your point is that manufactured items are occasionally defective then you have a blinding flash of the obvious.
I get it, he doesn't. And give it a rest, you aren't in the loop.
Go fuck yourself.
The better idea would be for you not to jump into a conversation of 60 pages you haven't been involved in. Grow up Rabbit.
Butt hurt much?
Your "point" was off point and nugatory. If that's the best argument you can come up with, manufactured items occasionally are defective, then you lost this argument soundly.
The argument is, which I've won BTW, can you follow all the gun safety rules and still shoot someone or yourself? And the answer is yes.

You seem to be unable to answer this simple question. Does a Gun Safety class including firing guns and is the class itself optional?

Your question was answered in the link in the OP (almost 50 pages ago).

From that linked article: "The second bill, being proposed in the Senate, would offer an optional gun safety or gun marksmanship course to students, though at an off-campus location."

So yes, it is optional and yes they go to a gun range.
You seem to be unable to answer this simple question. Does a Gun Safety class including firing guns and is the class itself optional?
Pity if it doesn't.

Students should be required to attend a gun range and use all manner of firearms; no better way to develop a healthy respect for guns.
No better way to develop a gun nut, just what the NRA and this SC pol want.
The vast majority of those who would take such a class would likely never again touch a firearm.

But should they encounter a firearm at some point in the future, they would know how to safely check to see if it were loaded, clear it if it is, and render the firearm harmless to themselves and others.
The better idea, especially for kids, is Just Say No. Clear? No child needs to know how to handle a gun because no child should be touching a gun, ever. It is unnecessary.

You mean the video where the guy is shaking the gun until it fires? That isnt firing on its own. That is firing in response to being shaken. T he gun is clearly defective.
That bad guns are made and accidental shootings are inevitable, even when the rules are followed.
So? Is that some kind of brilliant insight? Cars are defective too and people die as a result. Would you like to ban cars?
No, it's not a brilliant insight, it's something WinterBorn can't seem to understand. At least you get that part of it.

PMH is angry because I said that if everyone followed basic gun safety rules it would eliminate accidental shooting deaths.

He has been searching the internet for examples of accidental shootings that did not involve violating a safety rule. The only one he found was a defective run of guns sold in Brazil.
And the Remingtons. And I needed just one example to prove you wrong, which I did. Even Rabbit could get that, which makes you extra stupid. And I'm not angry about anything at all.

And the Remingtons. And needed just one example to prove you wrong, which I did. Even Rabbit could get that which makes you extra stupid. And I'm not angry about anything at all.

Remember the link to the gun rules I posted?

The very first rule is "Always point the muzzle in a safe direction; never point a firearm at anyone or anything you don't want to shoot".

Your question was answered in the link in the OP (almost 50 pages ago).

From that linked article: "The second bill, being proposed in the Senate, would offer an optional gun safety or gun marksmanship course to students, though at an off-campus location."

So yes, it is optional and yes they go to a gun range.
Pity if it doesn't.

Students should be required to attend a gun range and use all manner of firearms; no better way to develop a healthy respect for guns.
The vast majority of those who would take such a class would likely never again touch a firearm.

But should they encounter a firearm at some point in the future, they would know how to safely check to see if it were loaded, clear it if it is, and render the firearm harmless to themselves and others.
The better idea, especially for kids, is Just Say No. Clear? No child needs to know how to handle a gun because no child should be touching a gun, ever. It is unnecessary.

So you say. But not everyone follows the Head In The Sand approach to gun safety.

And the Remingtons. And needed just one example to prove you wrong, which I did. Even Rabbit could get that which makes you extra stupid. And I'm not angry about anything at all.

The very first rule is "Always point the muzzle in a safe direction; never point a firearm at anyone or anything you don't want to shoot".
His gun was pointed down, where his foot happened to be at the time. That is where most cops point their guns eh?

Pity if it doesn't.

So you say. But not everyone follows the Head In The Sand approach to gun safety.
For children there is only one safe way to handle a gun, don't.

Oh, no.
If your point is that manufactured items are occasionally defective then you have a blinding flash of the obvious.
Go fuck yourself.
The better idea would be for you not to jump into a conversation of 60 pages you haven't been involved in. Grow up Rabbit.
Butt hurt much?
Your "point" was off point and nugatory. If that's the best argument you can come up with, manufactured items occasionally are defective, then you lost this argument soundly.
The argument is, which I've won BTW, can you follow all the gun safety rules and still shoot someone or yourself? And the answer is yes.

Once again, the first rule at the link I gave you was what?

Go fuck yourself.
Butt hurt much?

Once again, the first rule at the link I gave you was what?
You lost, give it up. There is no way to carry a gun that it won't be pointing at something. In this case it was a defective gun, not a defective gun owner.

His gun was pointed down, where his foot happened to be at the time. That is where most cops point their guns eh?

Oh, so the argument was "The argument is, which I've won BTW, can you follow all the gun safety rules or do what some cops do and still shoot someone or yourself?"

The first rule in gun safety is what?

Pity if it doesn't.

Good thing the gun safety class is going to be attended by high school students, huh?

Good thing the gun safety class is going to be attended by high school students, huh?
Nope, but the NRA thinks so because then they get more gun nuts, the whole point of this thing.

Oh, so the argument was "The argument is, which I've won BTW, can you follow all the gun safety rules or do what some cops do and still shoot someone or yourself?"

You lost, give it up. Even rabbit agrees with me on that.

No, I did not. I stated, at least 3 or 4 times, that the gun safety training could reduce or eliminate accidental shooting deaths and injuries, and then shortened it. At which point you latched on. (and you wonder why I wouldn't answer a question without context) So I will go with the first rule of gun safety is "Always point the muzzle in a safe direction; never point a firearm at anyone or anything you don't want to shoot.". If the defective gun was not pointed at his foot, it would not have injured him.

No, I did not. I stated, at least 3 or 4 times, that the gun safety training could reduce or eliminate accidental shooting deaths and injuries, and then shortened it. At which point you latched on. (and you wonder why I wouldn't answer a question without context) So I will go with the first rule of gun safety is "Always point the muzzle in a safe direction; never point a firearm at anyone or anything you don't want to shoot.". If the defective gun was not pointed at his foot, it would not have injured him.
Where else, exactly, should the cop have been pointing the gun? Tell us all oh master of the firearm, is this wrong?
Police-1-One-Night-Stand-27-march-2010.jpg

Oh, no.
Go fuck yourself.
Butt hurt much?
The answer is no. If you dont realize you've lost the argument then you are too stupid for words.

Oh, no.
Go fuck yourself.
Butt hurt much?
And this means SC shouldnt offer gun safety classes? SEriously?

Go fuck yourself.
Butt hurt much?
The answer is no. If you dont realize you've lost the argument then you are too stupid for words.
Oh but you already agreed even with following the rules that guns can be defective and accidents will happen correct?

Forum List

Back