South Carolina schools may teach gun safety and training

My argument, if you want the summary because you don't want to read 60 pages, is no child need ever be taught how to handle a gun beyond the firm rule of don't, at any time in any place for any reason. Guns are for killing things, not something a child need ever do, not in this day and age.
OK. And when children ignore your "rule" because the forbidden is always attractive, then what? Looks like a big FAIL-O on your part yet again.
Not at all. Children who aren't around guns usually don't get dead by them and since my rule is Just Say No it works very well, especially after my Gun Safety course, which starts with this:
APTOPIX-Mideast-Syria_Horo6.jpg
And you can insure that children dont get around guns, how?
By banning them, all of them. You can also do what wise parents do, ask if there are guns in the house? If there are then that is a place your child never goes. That solves most of the issues right there.
Good luck with that fantasy.

My work here is done. Paintmyass has been revealed as the ignorant, stupid, partisan hating piece of shit we all know him to be, making absurd arguments and finally revealing his true self: stick it to people who disagree with me.
Go fuck yourself, asshole. I'm done here.
Can't say as I'm sorry to see you go little bunny.

Because kids shouldn't be around loaded guns left unattended.
And how are you not at all at fault because you refused to give your child the knowledge necessary to safe;y handle being around a loaded gun?
Because I'm not putting my kid around loaded guns.
You have no way of making sure your kids will never be around loaded guns.
I thusly ask again:
How are you not at all at fault because you refused to give your child the knowledge necessary to safe;y handle being around a loaded gun?[
Believe it or not, there are many American households without a gun. The home I grew up in was such a home. If my friends had a gun in any of their homes, it was never discussed even among us kids. The neighborhood is still safe and secure. We, along with many many of our fellow citizens were never and have never felt threatened, intimidated, outraged or superior enough to insist on living in a gun culture beyond that of sport shooting.

Guns nor irresponsible gun ownership was not a problem until the advent of the cheap, concealable hand gun, the notorious Saturday Night Special.

And yet, we grew up just fine.
Utter bullshit.
I grew up in a home with a gun. Most of my friends now grew up in homes with lots of guns, some of them their own they got as gifts when they were 10years old.
As long as there have been guns there have been inexpensive guns, wrongly tagged "Saturday Night Specials". I suppose the elites think poor people have no right to self defense.
Gun violence didnt become more problemmatic until 1968 with th Gun Control Act, and later with the rise in drug gangs.
Utter bullshit?

My post is the truth. I would not lie about my upbringing. I am proud of it.

The truth of fear of the willingness to use a gun in a violent situation is yours. I am sure you are proud of your upbringing too.

But don't dare dismiss my safe, happy and optimistic upbringing as " bullshit" again.

And how are you not at all at fault because you refused to give your child the knowledge necessary to safe;y handle being around a loaded gun?
I thusly ask again:
How are you not at all at fault because you refused to give your child the knowledge necessary to safe;y handle being around a loaded gun?[
Believe it or not, there are many American households without a gun. The home I grew up in was such a home. If my friends had a gun in any of their homes, it was never discussed even among us kids. The neighborhood is still safe and secure. We, along with many many of our fellow citizens were never and have never felt threatened, intimidated, outraged or superior enough to insist on living in a gun culture beyond that of sport shooting.

Guns nor irresponsible gun ownership was not a problem until the advent of the cheap, concealable hand gun, the notorious Saturday Night Special.

Utter bullshit.
I grew up in a home with a gun. Most of my friends now grew up in homes with lots of guns, some of them their own they got as gifts when they were 10years old.
As long as there have been guns there have been inexpensive guns, wrongly tagged "Saturday Night Specials". I suppose the elites think poor people have no right to self defense.
Gun violence didnt become more problemmatic until 1968 with th Gun Control Act, and later with the rise in drug gangs.
Utter bullshit?

The truth of fear of the willingness to use a gun in a violent situation is yours. I am sure you are proud of your upbringing too.

But don't dare dismiss my safe, happy and optimistic upbringing as " bullshit" again.

I believe his use of the word "bullshit" was aimed at your claim that guns were not a problem until the advent of teh Saturday Night Special.

In fact, there have always been small, cheap guns. Even before the use of cartridges in guns, there were small, concealable cap & ball revolvers.

I have a small revolver chambered in .38 S&W, that is short barrelled and hammerless, with a safety that runs down the back of the grip. Very easy to hide in a coat or pants pocket. You didn't even need to pull the gun out or your coat to shoot it.

I thusly ask again:

Utter bullshit.
Utter bullshit?

I believe his use of the word "bullshit" was aimed at your claim that guns were not a problem until the advent of teh Saturday Night Special.

In fact, there have always been small, cheap guns. Even before the use of cartridges in guns, there were small, concealable cap & ball revolvers.

I have a small revolver chambered in .38 S&W, that is short barrelled and hammerless, with a safety that runs down the back of the grip. Very easy to hide in a coat or pants pocket. You didn't even need to pull the gun out or your coat to shoot it.
Oh, but you'd be breaking the rules then now wouldn't you.

No, I did not. I stated, at least 3 or 4 times, that the gun safety training could reduce or eliminate accidental shooting deaths and injuries, and then shortened it. At which point you latched on. (and you wonder why I wouldn't answer a question without context) So I will go with the first rule of gun safety is "Always point the muzzle in a safe direction; never point a firearm at anyone or anything you don't want to shoot.". If the defective gun was not pointed at his foot, it would not have injured him.
Where else, exactly, should the cop have been pointing the gun? Tell us all oh master of the firearm, is this wrong?
Police-1-One-Night-Stand-27-march-2010.jpg
^^^
Not pointed at foot.
Oh but it is, when he walks or turns to the left. And yet, this is a proper way to carry a gun. Case closed on that one.
Nope.
I'd suggest you get a gun and a holster sometime and try it for yourself.
I know how it works. I live in the real world remember.

I don't think you do. Lol.

Where else, exactly, should the cop have been pointing the gun? Tell us all oh master of the firearm, is this wrong?
Police-1-One-Night-Stand-27-march-2010.jpg
^^^
Not pointed at foot.
Oh but it is, when he walks or turns to the left. And yet, this is a proper way to carry a gun. Case closed on that one.
Nope.

Since you live in fantasyland that comes as no surprise to me.

^^^
Not pointed at foot.
Nope.

Since you live in fantasyland that comes as no surprise to me.

I live in fantasyland? No that would be you. :lol:

So you would rather that students be ignorant of firearms than that they be taught because there is maybe a 1% chance, probably about a tenth of that actually, that the firearm they encounter will be defective and in the course of keeping it pointed in a safe direction the gun goes off.
Really? That's your argument here?
My argument, if you want the summary because you don't want to read 60 pages, is no child need ever be taught how to handle a gun beyond the firm rule of don't, at any time in any place for any reason. Guns are for killing things, not something a child need ever do, not in this day and age.
OK. And when children ignore your "rule" because the forbidden is always attractive, then what? Looks like a big FAIL-O on your part yet again.
Not at all. Children who aren't around guns usually don't get dead by them and since my rule is Just Say No it works very well, especially after my Gun Safety course, which starts with this:
APTOPIX-Mideast-Syria_Horo6.jpg
And you can insure that children dont get around guns, how?
By banning them, all of them. You can also do what wise parents do, ask if there are guns in the house? If there are then that is a place your child never goes. That solves most of the issues right there.

Then you would have a huge black market. And you say others are living in a fantasyland? Lol! Guns are not going to disappear. There are always going to be guns and who knows what kind of weapons will be going around in the future?

I thusly ask again:

Utter bullshit.
Utter bullshit?

Oh, but you'd be breaking the rules then now wouldn't you.

Yep! :biggrin:

Guns are not going to disappear.
That is correct, for now. As for the weapons of the future those, will make guns as obsolete as the broadsword.

And those weapons will probably be even more deadly than guns. You don't think they are going to go BACKWARDS in technology do you? Weapon of choice in a lot of 3rd world countries where a lot of people couldn't afford guns is the bomb. It can kill just as many people as any gun. You hear about bombings all the time in other countries where 40, 50 and more people are killed/injured.

That is correct, for now. As for the weapons of the future those, will make guns as obsolete as the broadsword.

And those weapons will probably be even more deadly than guns. You don't think they are going to go BACKWARDS in technology do you? Weapon of choice in a lot of 3rd world countries where a lot of people couldn't afford guns is the bomb. It can kill just as many people as any gun. You hear about bombings all the time in other countries where 40, 50 and more people are killed/injured.
The weapons of the future will kill the exact person you are looking for, from the other side of the world, without harming anyone else.

The weapons of the future will kill the exact person you are looking for, from the other side of the world, without harming anyone else.

Lol. Okay, we'll all just have personal drones. And what about those who WANT to kill a bunch of people? And what about those who are just ignorant? Those people are STILL going to exist.

The future sounds awesome.

So basically, you are saying that you would like to ban guns (and take away one of our constitutionally guaranteed rights) because of some criminals and some stupid people who abuse their rights and disobey the law.

<><><><><><><><>
when you are behind in a discussion it's time to quit. :up:

have you posted that photo of yourself with your gun and something you killed ??

all mouth and no substance. :up: ...... :lmao:

:fu:

How about a gun safety class in high school? I will be 55 years old next month, and I still remember things I was taught in Drivers Ed in 1975.
As long as the gun safety is never touch a gun, have at it, but that's not what you, and the NRA, want now is it? You want people to like and own guns, like you do.

No, that is not a gun safety class. And I don't give a damn if people choose to own guns or not. But I do give a damn that they know how to handle them safely.
Well, in this safety class of yours, do they fire guns? Load and unload guns?

I am certain that they will. And they will be taught to do so properly and safely.
And if I don't want my child to attend said class, or to ever fire a gun, or know anything about them?

Don;t sign them up for that elective, dumbass!

And what does said gun point at? Your leg at times, your foot? How do you carry a gun that never points at yourself?

My wife's never does...she wears a shoulder holster, under her right arm. Normal position has it pointing down and back.

Then again...I do understand that you simply are not too bright.

Forum List

Back