Southern cop shoots man running away in the back..

Lying in the after-action report makes it impossible to defend this one. Woulda liked to have seen the whole video to understand events leading up to the shooting. But as happened in Ferguson, if the state law says after physically assaulting an officer lethal force is authorized, that could save the officer. Not like he woke up that morning wanting to kill somebody. Events of the traffic stop and fleeing suspect escalated things to their conclusion.

Charging the officer with murder is ridiculous though. Probably just an overreaction in light of the Ferguson riots. Voluntary manslaughter at worst.
Expect burning and looting.

For all you know, the dead guy could have said "I'm going get a gun and come back and kill you".

Nobody here is on any jury in this case.

I will never sympathize with any deadbeat dad running away after resisting arrest.

Tough shit.

When are fools going to learn you cannot outrun a bullet.

Another case of a long string of bad decisions costing a fool his life.

Yes, so much for prolife. Having more kids than you can pay for,
where you run from a cop to avoid getting jailed for back child support,
and it ends up getting you killed anyway. Where is the prolife support for
parents, kids and families where it's needed? Why is this whole system set up to fail?

The Great Society was set up to ensure a dependent Democratic Party base.
Then why does every white person I know with a kid on medicaid vote Republican?

Your one example is the exception. Why is the black bastard birth rate over 70%?

Better question, why are whites catching up fast?

I guess the trashy whites have learned that all they need to do is squirt out bastards to get more money. Very little difference between the two groups.

North Charleston officer faces murder charge after video shows him shooting man in back

North Charleston officer faces murder charge after video shows him shooting man in back - Post and Courier
Judging before the facts again idiot?
And the guy was running away from the ILLEGAL street purchase of a hand gun. Funny, I thought LIBERALS wanted to STOP those things?

That laws only for white folks.

How come there is no outrage for the other police who attended the scene and apparently backed up Slager's story about the taser and CPR?
Huh? He shot a clearly unarmed man in the back. What else do you need to know?
The laws and procedures concerning a fleeing person who resisted a lawful arrest on lawful warrants, and the results of the grand jury and jury system.

Is that too much to wait for?

Perhaps he should be lynched by a mob?

Would that satisfy you?
oh quit being a drama queen.

The laws and procedures concerning a fleeing person who resisted a lawful arrest on lawful warrants, and the results of the grand jury and jury system.

Would that satisfy you?
These laws?

SUBCHAPTER IV. ARREST.

GS 15A-401

(2) A law-enforcement officer is justified in using deadly physical force upon another person for a purpose specified in subdivision (1) of this subsection only when it is or appears to be reasonably necessary thereby:

a. To defend himself or a third person from what he reasonably believes to be the use or imminent use of deadly physical force;

b. To effect an arrest or to prevent the escape from custody of a person who he reasonably believes is attempting to escape by means of a deadly weapon, or who by his conduct or any other means indicates that he presents an imminent threat of death or serious physical injury to others unless apprehended without delay; or

c. To prevent the escape of a person from custody imposed upon him as a result of conviction for a felony.
Well he's black. So that makes him imminently dangerous.

I suppose waiting until backup arrived before engaging the person was not an option. Oh wait, we were knee deep in cops within seconds of the shooting.

I'll have to rewatch the video, but I only remember seeing one other officer...and there is no telling if he/she was visible at the time of the shooting.

Officers have to make split second decisions, while we have the luxury of second guessing them for months after the fact.

I'm reading one of the first statements when the officer was still trying to spin that he felt threatened. Back up came after the shooting from what I can tell.

Bottom line is that there was an eyewitness who kept filming.

And Scott was 10 feet away running for his freaking life when he started firing from what I can tell from the stills but the officer still claimed that when he fired seven times as the man was running away from him that he felt "threatened".

Yet all shots were in his back. And he paused before he hit him with the eighth shot.

Here's another link for you Missourian.

Attorney North Charleston police officer felt threatened before fatal shooting - Post and Courier
For all you know, the dead guy could have said "I'm going get a gun and come back and kill you".

I will never sympathize with any deadbeat dad running away after resisting arrest.

Tough shit.

To protect ALL of us police need to be held accountable for discharging their firearms. Otherwise, unless a camera is present, he resisted is a stay out of jail free card every time.

The system is working.

The guy has been arrested, charged, held without bail, and it will be in the hands of our legal system.

What more can one expect?

A conviction...but we all know how this is going to end. He wont be convicted and then people will go back to pretending that we have a just legal system

How come there is no outrage for the other police who attended the scene and apparently backed up Slager's story about the taser and CPR?
Huh? He shot a clearly unarmed man in the back. What else do you need to know?

Would that satisfy you?
oh quit being a drama queen.

"Huh? He shot a clearly unarmed man in the back. What else do you need to know?"

The Queenship is already taken.

So this officer pulls his taser first (nonlethal force), obviously the right choice on a child support deadbeat dad. When it fails he moves to a gun with the dad over fifteen feet away? Fires eight times? Backup arrives less than 60 seconds later. If this is considered reasonable use of force by police, they need to change it.

I'll have to rewatch the video, but I only remember seeing one other officer...and there is no telling if he/she was visible at the time of the shooting.

Officers have to make split second decisions, while we have the luxury of second guessing them for months after the fact.

I'm reading one of the first statements when the officer was still trying to spin that he felt threatened. Back up came after the shooting from what I can tell.

And Scott was 10 feet away running for his freaking life when he started firing from what I can tell from the stills but the officer still claimed that when he fired seven times as the man was running away from him that he felt "threatened".

Yet all shots were in his back. And he paused before he hit him with the eighth shot.

Attorney North Charleston police officer felt threatened before fatal shooting - Post and Courier

Tough shit.

To protect ALL of us police need to be held accountable for discharging their firearms. Otherwise, unless a camera is present, he resisted is a stay out of jail free card every time.

The system is working.

The guy has been arrested, charged, held without bail, and it will be in the hands of our legal system.

A conviction...but we all know how this is going to end. He wont be convicted and then people will go back to pretending that we have a just legal system
He won't get the death penalty, but he WILL be convicted. If not, there will be Rodney King riots in every city in the U.S.

Tough shit.

The system is working.

He won't get the death penalty, but he WILL be convicted. If not, there will be Rodney King riots in every city in the U.S.

Yeah, then the focus can be on the riots and not that another person was gunned down by a cop.

Trust me, this guy will get a slap on the wrist so people can chant "the system is working" and he'll probably have a legal fund started by fellow bigots to help him out.

Oh my heavens! I just saw the stills at the Daily Mail. Unfreaking real.

Cold blooded murder. Thank goodness someone captured this. All over a lousy broken tail light.

I can't believe what I'm looking at.
Yeah, shot for the tail light.

Not for resisting arrest, and running from warrants for the lowest crime of all, failure to support children he fathered.

It's all about the tail light, yeah, right.

It is all about karma.

Pay your fuckin' child support, and you don't have these problems.
Notice how the lefties turn it into about being about a tail light. They also missed the part about Michael Brown attacking Darren Wilson. It's about convenience to them.

I guess cops would get their ass kicked if they couldn't shoot people. Thank god for the 2nd amendment..

Forum List

Back