Speaker of the House gives history lesson to reporter.

The unbelievers of Europe attack the Christians as their political opponents rather than as their religious adversaries; they hate the Christian religion as the opinion of a party much more than as an error of belief; and they reject the clergy less because they are the representatives of the Deity than because they are the allies of government.

In Europe, Christianity has been intimately united to the powers of the earth. Those powers are now in decay, and it is, as it were, buried under their ruins. The living body of religion has been bound down to the dead corpse of superannuated polity; cut but the bonds that restrain it, and it will rise once more. I do not know what could restore the Christian church of Europe to the energy of its earlier days; that power belongs to God alone; but it may be for human policy to leave to faith the full exercise of the strength which it still retains.
Democracy in America, Chapter 17

Wrong.

The claim is that we are a secular nation and that there is a separation of church and state.

Secular gov'ts who are separated from the church don't inscribe "IN God We Trust" on ALL of their gov't. controlled currency.

If, as you say, the "In God We Trust" means we are a Christian nation, then it is in clear violation of the 1st Amendment.

Sounds like the speaker knew exactly what he was talking about.

Obviously you too fail to understand in America's history that the period between the Revolutionary War and the U.S. Constitution was one when states were getting rid of powers of the church within the government and adopting the liberal view that these were individual matters. Just as Jefferson wrote.

That reporter Speaker Johnson spoke to in the OP's video was full of crap, but Johnson himself wasn't any less so. Johnson and his like are oblivious to the legal relationships between religion and government during America's colonial period.

If, as you say, the "In God We Trust" means we are a Christian nation, then it is in clear violation of the 1st Amendment.

Not surprising, I've seen many things in my lifetime that violate the 1st Amendment.

Most people don't seem to notice all the others.

But, they'll scream and pitch a hissy about Christians and the Christian faith.

Not surprising, I've seen many things in my lifetime that violate the 1st Amendment.

Most people don't seem to notice all the others.

But, they'll scream and pitch a hissy about Christians and the Christian faith.

I gladly speak up for any violations of the 1st amendment.

Funny that so many supposed 'religious' people support Trump, despite the fact that they know that Trump violated religious laws constantly. He's a dirtbag and they know it.

Yet they seem to support him because he's willing to promote the Conservatives social policies that they want - even though he clearly doesn't believe in them.

Meanwhile, they also know that the reason he supports those policies is just because he needs their votes.

It seems that they've made a pact with Satan. They believe they have Satan on a leash. They don't seem to realize that Satan will snap that leash as soon as he doesn't need them anymore.

Geez -we were always told that Satan had RED skin, not Orange!

Name one person who doesn't violate religious laws constantly?

Obviously you too fail to understand in America's history that the period between the Revolutionary War and the U.S. Constitution was one when states were getting rid of powers of the church within the government and adopting the liberal view that these were individual matters. Just as Jefferson wrote.

That reporter Speaker Johnson spoke to in the OP's video was full of crap, but Johnson himself wasn't any less so. Johnson and his like are oblivious to the legal relationships between religion and government during America's colonial period.

Obviously you fail to understand I've never denied the desire of many to destroy this our Constitution and country.

You also fail to realize it was all predicted in the Bible thousands of years ago.

John 15:18

John 15:18​

15Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. 16Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. 17These things I command you, that ye love one another. 18If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. 19If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. 20Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. 21But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

You are the very reason we have a First Amendment separating church and state.

Hint, you can't separate a man from his faith.

1701282462587.png

My Creator is thee Creator, the only one, choose whom you serve, or don't serve it matters not to me. It changes nothing about the fact that Separation of Church and State do not occur in the constitution
The is no religion mentioned in the Constitution except to exclude them.

Forum List

Back