Speculate with me about the Iraq war...

Our invasion and occupation of Iraq clearly (a) further destabilized an already explosive region and (b) emboldened Iran by taking out their most important military foe.

And gee, all it cost us was a couple of trillion dollars and the lives, limbs and minds of a few thousand of our brave young military.

Bargain.

What destabilization are you speaking of? What we are seeing today? Saddam was someway able to keep the other ME countries in check? Maybe I am wrong but the current humanitarian crisis didn't originate in Iraq or Iran. And what good was there to Iran and Iraq having a war every few years? All his neighbors were glad to see the butcher of Baghdad gone. He was a threat.

don't forget, the "butcher" was OUR butcher as long as he was killing iranians in the '80's...we gave him weapons and intel...but then he went after kuwait...which iraq had a historical claim to anyway...after one of our ambassadors said with a wink that we didn't intend to interfere in the mideast...saddam thought that was an "ok"

so then we spend billions fighting "for" kuwait.. not even a democracy...an emirate who doesn't have equal rights for women.

of course the reason the iranians hated us was because we installed the shah and supported HIS murderous regime for decades...then when the iranians were about to revolt he ran away to the u.s. to hide...which pissed off the iranians so they overran our embassy..

which goes back to why saddam was a murderer and a thug...but he was OUR murderer and thug and as long as he followed directions he was ok with us.

fuck the M.E....the jews believe we are "unclean", "goyim" and "shiksas" and the muzzies believe we're infidels...let them work it out on their own...may the best man win..

Yeppers, Saddam was not a good guy and it took awhile for us to realize it. Or more likely he was like our last few presidential elections, the best we had to choose from.

But look at the posts, and my reason for what I post, Saddam is gone 10 years and there are those who apparently are claiming, still, that he wasn't the butcher of Baghdad. That he didn't engage in wars with Iran. That he did't use WMD against the Kurds. That he didn't invade Kuwait and when he was kicked out caused an environmental disaster. Now they are portraying him as the sherriff of Baghdad ruler of the ME.

as long as we kept the shah in power, iran was stable and more or less predictable...as long as we kept saddam in power iraq was stable and more or less predictable...

that's part of the reason the whole region hates us...that and the zionists in our infiltrated gvt blind support for israel.

Iraq attacked Iran repeatedly. Iraq attacked Kuwait. Saddam was killing the Kurds with WMD. Saddam didn't get the nick name the Butcher of Baghdad for nothing.

Besides, the destabilization that is occurring is in Libya and Syria and has nothing to do with Iran or Iraq, except for Iran sponsoring terrorism and the violence spilling out into Iraq..

this thread isn't about libya or syria...the whole region is unstable...and has been for a couple thousand years..no u.s. president can "fix" anything over there...let them go at each other..who cares...

I know, I know that asking folks to speculate is always a risky business.....But give it a try....

Have we NOT had the invasion in Iraq:

Would we have the current fear of Iran with the potential nukes? (bear in mind that prior to 2001, Iran had zero centrifuges)???

Would we have the brutal rise of ISIS???

Would we have the civil war in Syria and the tragedy of hundred of thousands of refugees???

Would we have the plight of Jordan and Lebanon???

Would we have the messes that now exist in Egypt and Libya???

If you care to honestly speculate, then think of the tragedy that was the Cheney-Bush administration.
Our invasion and occupation of Iraq clearly (a) further destabilized an already explosive region and (b) emboldened Iran by taking out their most important military foe.

And gee, all it cost us was a couple of trillion dollars and the lives, limbs and minds of a few thousand of our brave young military.

Bargain.

What destabilization are you speaking of? What we are seeing today? Saddam was someway able to keep the other ME countries in check? Maybe I am wrong but the current humanitarian crisis didn't originate in Iraq or Iran. And what good was there to Iran and Iraq having a war every few years? All his neighbors were glad to see the butcher of Baghdad gone. He was a threat.

don't forget, the "butcher" was OUR butcher as long as he was killing iranians in the '80's...we gave him weapons and intel...but then he went after kuwait...which iraq had a historical claim to anyway...after one of our ambassadors said with a wink that we didn't intend to interfere in the mideast...saddam thought that was an "ok"

so then we spend billions fighting "for" kuwait.. not even a democracy...an emirate who doesn't have equal rights for women.

of course the reason the iranians hated us was because we installed the shah and supported HIS murderous regime for decades...then when the iranians were about to revolt he ran away to the u.s. to hide...which pissed off the iranians so they overran our embassy..

which goes back to why saddam was a murderer and a thug...but he was OUR murderer and thug and as long as he followed directions he was ok with us.

fuck the M.E....the jews believe we are "unclean", "goyim" and "shiksas" and the muzzies believe we're infidels...let them work it out on their own...may the best man win..

You were right about Saddam as our "proxy"!
Russia/USA were at "war"... cold war. Proxy states like Iraq (US proxy) fighting Iran (USSR proxy) was the reason we supported Saddam and at the time
he was well thought of in world circles. It wasn't till Reagan proposed an economic impossibility to USSR (star wars) that the "cold war" was over.
As a result Saddam went rogue.

thanks...knowledge of history is crucial to understanding why the world is the way it is.

this thread isn't about libya or syria...the whole region is unstable...and has been for a couple thousand years..no u.s. president can "fix" anything over there...let them go at each other..who cares...
Agreed. Time for us to get the fuck out of there and hang a sign on our embassy doors: "Back when you get your shit together".

I'd also love to see how the dynamic would change if we didn't have a massive military presence all over their sacred freakin' sand.

Bargain.

Yeppers, Saddam was not a good guy and it took awhile for us to realize it. Or more likely he was like our last few presidential elections, the best we had to choose from.

But look at the posts, and my reason for what I post, Saddam is gone 10 years and there are those who apparently are claiming, still, that he wasn't the butcher of Baghdad. That he didn't engage in wars with Iran. That he did't use WMD against the Kurds. That he didn't invade Kuwait and when he was kicked out caused an environmental disaster. Now they are portraying him as the sherriff of Baghdad ruler of the ME.

as long as we kept the shah in power, iran was stable and more or less predictable...as long as we kept saddam in power iraq was stable and more or less predictable...

that's part of the reason the whole region hates us...that and the zionists in our infiltrated gvt blind support for israel.

NO NO NO

Saddam would have got his coming uppings if you stop selling him arms and imposed a serious no fly zone (down to helicopters)... Support the people.... If they rise, even the playing field... US has just to take out Anti Aircraft, provide intel and some training.....

saddam was our cia approved leader as long as he killed iranians for us.....the shah of iran was our cia approved leader there...both were about as evil as a human could be
That is one of the main sources of u.s. hatred in the region...

I know, I know that asking folks to speculate is always a risky business.....But give it a try....

Would we have the current fear of Iran with the potential nukes? (bear in mind that prior to 2001, Iran had zero centrifuges)???

Would we have the civil war in Syria and the tragedy of hundred of thousands of refugees???

If you care to honestly speculate, then think of the tragedy that was the Cheney-Bush administration.

speculate.., sure, Saddom would have sent his weapons of mass destructions into Iraq destroyed everything in sight and annexed iraq as subdivision of Iran.

WTF is this crap?

We have been playing a game in the Middle east since. Ike...

You want to put a blaim on the ISIS it is clearly Obama's fucking mess when he declared a war over.

speculate.., sure, Saddom would have sent his weapons of mass destructions into Iraq destroyed everything in sight and annexed iraq as subdivision of Iran.

prior to WWI it was ALL Persia anyway...after the victors diced and sliced and created new countries and borders....often with former deadly enemies FORCED to live together as "countrymen"....
the whole place is unstable...can't be "fixed"..
forcing "diversity" on different cultures and religions at the end of a gun barrel never works...take the balkans or the u.s. for other examples

prior to WWI it was ALL Persia anyway...after the victors diced and sliced and created new countries and borders....often with former deadly enemies FORCED to live together as "countrymen"....
forcing "diversity" on different cultures and religions at the end of a gun barrel never works...take the balkans or the u.s. for other examples

Maybe you should tell the Mullahs of Iran that. ISIS is using the "sword"...i.e. beheadings to fix their religion.

Maybe you should tell the Mullahs of Iran that. ISIS is using the "sword"...i.e. beheadings to fix their religion.
I don't give a flip what they do to each other...none of my business.

Agreed. Time for us to get the fuck out of there and hang a sign on our embassy doors: "Back when you get your shit together".

The Middle East bane and "blessing" is their darn oil fileds.

Why did we install the Shah in Iran?.........................................................OIL
Why did we really defend Kuwait?............................................................OIL
Why do we lie to ourselves about the "loyalty" of Saudi Arabia?.............OIL

I'd also love to see how the dynamic would change if we didn't have a massive military presence all over their sacred freakin' sand.

Why did we install the Shah in Iran?.........................................................OIL
Why did we really defend Kuwait?............................................................OIL

How many more 9/11s would have occurred in the U.S.?

Unlikely any- since Iraq and Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11.

Oh blah blah blah blah. Your lack of understanding of the Radical Islam Fascist Agenda is showing.

You lack of understanding of the political situation in the Middle East is showing.

I guess you believed the BS that Saddam was somehow responsible for 9/11.

And if any of their shit leaks to our shores...they die...in great numbers and with great speed.

YOU are right! But idiots like Obama who as THESE FACTS show:
1)told Brazil to develop oil and that the USA will be their best customer?
2) Encourage foreign drilling OFF Florida by Cuba
3) Encourage Canada to sell almost 1 million barrels per day to China?
4) Obama signed almost 50% fewer oil finding leases on Federal lands.
This is the ONLY real executive action any President can have on INCREASING production which would INCREASE supplies and Obama ....
a) In 6 years new leases under Obama..........9,922 new leases..
b) In 8 years new leases under Bush...........23,569 new leases!

Oil and Gas Statistics

And then this idiot ENCOURAGES foreign oil drilling by telling Americans:
“So, if somebody wants to build a coal plant, they can – it’s just that it will bankrupt them.” President Obama, 2008
"Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket." (January 2008)
http://www.BattleBornPAC.com

SO F>>>KING A YES we've had an interest in middle EAST OIL! NONE of the above actions reduce dependency on ME OIL!

Oh blah blah blah blah. Your lack of understanding of the Radical Islam Fascist Agenda is showing.

Every thread manages to have one true moron.......and you're it.....Congrats.

Bargain.

They loved us before 9/11, I would not have guessed.

Forum List

Back