Speech Thread Time!!

i think this is the video of world leaders warning syria of crossing the red line.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ913CRfPFQ]San Diego Chicken fights Barney the Purple Dinosaur - YouTube[/ame]

He is stationed on the Winston S Churchill DDG81. He just got word that they will be leaving the yards in Newport News early and doing a shakedown cruise next month. I wonder why.

Tin Can, hunh?!
Yea, somebody needs back up somewhere

I was Tin Can also Gunnersmate, USS John King DDG3, USS Fiske DD842, USS Spruance DD-963

Who'd you piss off?
:D

For a change president Hussein was forced to address an audience that wasn't exactly friendly and he didn't do well. What's the point? National Security? Who determined that the US "was the only one who could do it"? Is that a lame excuse for not getting support from the UN? Barry thought he could make political points by passing the ball to Congress but he is still stuck with it.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Kept waiting for a real president to show up, never happened.

What I got from this rambling incoherent speech was: I'm not up for this job.

Man, he's wearing a lot of makeup

My opinion on the speech is that it was a bunch of shitty used up rhetoric which was used by the previous Administration. How long has Stria had those weapons? Now it's suddenly a "problem" because he allegedly used them "against his own people" (One of the complaints about saddam). How many of "his own people" were killed bu conventional weapons vs the current weapon in question?

During the Civil War, the case could be made that Lincoln was "killing his own people".
The current Administration was one that I thought would shun acting unilaterally and instead take the case before the UN and let hem handle it.

Last edited:
Obama does not and has never believed in American exceptionalism, he doesn't believe that we are number one, doesn't believe we should be. And now that Putin and Assad have smacked him senseless, he cannot help but be pleased. Oh sure, his narcissistic ego is bruised, to be sure. But the bigger picture? American exceptionalism has taken yet another hit, taken down another notch. Way to go, Obama.

Kerry said any hit would be 'very, very small'; Obama said any strike would 'not be a pin prick'. :lol: And there are still people who wonder why we are laughing. Well, it'd be funny if this admins failure to lead wasn't so damn scary. Leading is far above Obama's skill set and pay grade.

This speaks volumes.

putin-vs-obama-jpeg

Putin is 100% alpha male (and yeah, before your morons on the left start in w/the 'You love commie Putin' nonsense, try understanding what I am actually saying)

Obama is as far removed from being an alpha male as one can get. Oh, and he wears mom jeans.

:lol: :lol:

The media didn't receive that speech very well. There's nothing about obama's miraculous oratory bringing tears to eyes and changing hearts and minds. It's about the muddled marble mouth.

Paddling thru the transcript of the speech this morning…..

For example, a mixed message;

-“[We] should not be the world’s policeman.”

I agree, and I have a deeply held preference for peaceful solutions. Over the last two years, my administration has tried diplomacy and sanctions, warning and negotiations -- but chemical weapons were still used by the Assad regime.

Then, several paragraphs thereafter;

-“My fellow Americans, for nearly seven decades, the United States has been the anchor of global security. This has meant doing more than forging international agreements -- it has meant enforcing them. The burdens of leadership are often heavy, but the world is a better place because we have borne them.”

Whatever…...I don’t know who wrote this speech, maybe it was the former ( and never published) editor of the Harvard Law Review, because, its like reading 2 separate speeches in many instances….. the above should have gone directly there after the ‘world policemen’ remark and hammered home as a counter point to make the case for action.

Then he slips onto more familiar ground, the ole appeal to unite us behind his leadership by…….. Splitting us up:rolleyes:…I mean for god sakes whats the point of this? Really? Can he not, just once stop enjoining partisanship, even in the interest of getting his own ass off the hook?

“And so, to my friends on the right, I ask you to reconcile your commitment to America’s military might with a failure to act when a cause is so plainly just.

To my friends on the left, I ask you to reconcile your belief in freedom and dignity for all people with those images of children writhing in pain, and going still on a cold hospital floor. For sometimes resolutions and statements of condemnation are simply not enough.”

I have to say, semantically? That’s mush….what a horrible and roundabout way to say what he wanted to say…...

And of course any time you have to keep reverting to naked pleas of/for emotionalism;

“Indeed, I’d ask every member of Congress, and those of you watching at home tonight, to view those videos…”

You are working a weak hand.

Several senators ( 2 being Dems- Landrieu and Markey tweeted- sent out press releases) shortly after the speech speaking strongly for the diplomatic effort …looking at the whip count from The Hill this morning, he actually lost more senators there after then he had going in to the dat, with the behind the door briefings, the speech.

And,( I have to consider it), maybe that’s what he wanted. I said a few days ago there would be no vote, period, ever ( unless assad would like , fly a crop duster and gas folks in plain sight, then, maybe).

Is Obama still determined that regime change is necessary ?

Does he still believe that Assad must be punished as an example to other dictators who might use chemical weapons ?

Are we still going to arm and train the Saudi mercenaries ?

So much left unanswered

You nutters should have watched MSNBC after the speech and this morning. You would hve needed a new box of tissues. These Obama ass kissers were not very kind to him at all. What gives?

Forum List

Back