Spend Billions to Build a Wall OR Spend Billions to Fix Infrastructure?

Spend Money on a Wall at the southern border or Spend the money to fix the nation's infrastructure?

• The wall! Make it 50 foot tall!

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Let's fix what Ike started. Highways and Bridges need some love.

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Why not both? My kid's kid's will be the ones paying for it.

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
The interstate has always been paid for by each state. It's why when you have new roads in Idaho but get potholes in Montana. Or you drive on smooth roads in Texas but Louisiana his nothing but old, rundown concrete highways with bumps every 20 ft the entire length of the state.

Most of it was paid for the federal government.

The final estimate of the cost of the Interstate System was issued in 1991. It estimated that the total cost would be $128.9 billion, with a Federal share of $114.3 billion. This estimate covered only the mileage (42,795 miles) built under the Interstate Construction Program. It excluded turnpikes incorporated into the Interstate System within the mileage limitation and the mileage added as a logical addition or connection outside the limitation but financed without Interstate Construction funds.

In all, Federal-aid legislation authorized a total of $119 billion to pay the Federal share of the cost of Interstate construction. (Interstate Construction funds were authorized through Fiscal Year 1996.)​

Interstate Frequently Asked Questions - 50th Anniversary - Interstate System - HiYou ghway History - Federal Highway Administration
Your references are really fucking old.
Maybe you can find something that deals with 2017-2018 timeframe.

BTW, money means dick if you don't spend it properly. That's why all of the states get varied results.

Which should be the more important thing to do? Spend billions to build a wall that most citizens don't want and even most experts including John Kelly said we don't need, or spend the money to fix the countries cracking infrastructure of bridges and highways that claim the lives of hundreds of people every single day?
Infrastructure is a State Issue.
That's not the fed's job.

So you're against the interstate highway system?
The interstate has always been up to each state. It's why when you have new roads in Idaho but get potholes in Montana. Or you drive on smooth roads in Texas but Louisiana his nothing but old, rundown concrete highways with bumps every 20 ft the entire length of the state.

You don't know much about the Interstate highway system do you?

AllGov - Departments
I know the federal government doesn't build our highways, dickhead.
Typical liberal.....just throw fucking money at the problem...

49830758_859754320860162_3270124778471555072_n.jpg

Nope walls don't work!

Which should be the more important thing to do? Spend billions to build a wall that most citizens don't want and even most experts including John Kelly said we don't need, or spend the money to fix the countries cracking infrastructure of bridges and highways that claim the lives of hundreds of people every single day?

So you're against the interstate highway system?
The interstate has always been up to each state. It's why when you have new roads in Idaho but get potholes in Montana. Or you drive on smooth roads in Texas but Louisiana his nothing but old, rundown concrete highways with bumps every 20 ft the entire length of the state.

You don't know much about the Interstate highway system do you?

AllGov - Departments
I know the federal government doesn't build our highways, dickhead.

The federal government provides a great deal of the funding and are the ones that provide building standards. So no, you don't know dick about the highways.

The Wall is more important.
No one cares what you think is important. Thats why the repub led Congress never funded the wall in the first two years.

So, you're citing the Congressional Republicans as an Authority on what is important now.

I knew that you were a racist hypocrite, but I did not realize that even your racism was hypocritical.

No one cares what you think is important. Thats why the repub led Congress never funded the wall in the first two years.

So, you're citing the Congressional Republicans as an Authority on what is important now.

I knew that you were a racist hypocrite, but I did not realize that even your racism was hypocritical.
No. I'm just pointing out the wall is such a stupid idea that even the repubs in the last 2 years arent for it when they could have easily passed it.

Infrastructure should have been Trump's day one game.

Instead he hung out on Twitter while whacking off

Yeah, right, cause.....ya know.....Obama never blew through trillions on special interests or anything and we have all new Interstates and need ZERO infrastructure improvements now.....cause Obama took care of all that :rolleyes:

No, it's called pointing out the obvious. Trump had the majority in the House and the Senate his first two years and didn't get the building of the wall approved. Why? Because those Republicans knew we didn't need as much then as they do now. Only difference is, Trump can blame Democrats for not getting the wall built, instead of cannibalizing his own party. Shit... he already cut Mitch out at the knees so badly McConnell won't even do his job trying to work out a deal unless Trump says he will sign it.

No, it's called pointing out the obvious. Trump had the majority in the House and the Senate his first two years and didn't get the building of the wall approved. Why? Because those Republicans knew we didn't need as much then as they do now. Only difference is, Trump can blame Democrats for not getting the wall built, instead of cannibalizing his own party. Shit... he already cut Mitch out at the knees so badly McConnell won't even do his job trying to work out a deal unless Trump says he will sign it.
You are obviously oblivious 60 votes were needed in the senate...aka needed democrap votes.

Nope walls don't work!

:abgg2q.jpg:

Is it the wall that is doing that? Or the soldiers who are shooting people that are?
Both. They can't get over the wall so the soldiers can shoot at them,so what you are saying is we need a wall AND soldiers to shoot at the ones who make it over? Hey I am convinced!

Why waste the bullets? I'm surprised you don't recommend gas ovens built into the walls.

Save the country money and get a job at the chicken plant and quit wasting tax payer funds for your student loans, because we know it is just getting wasted. If you are anything in real life like you are online, you aren't getting a job working for anyone in teaching.

Nope walls don't work!

:abgg2q.jpg:

Is it the wall that is doing that? Or the soldiers who are shooting people that are?
Both. They can't get over the wall so the soldiers can shoot at them,so what you are saying is we need a wall AND soldiers to shoot at the ones who make it over? Hey I am convinced!

Why waste the bullets? I'm surprised you don't recommend gas ovens built into the walls.

Save the country money and get a job and the chicken plant and quit wasting tax payer funds for your student loans, because we know it is just getting wasted. If you are anything in real life like you are online, you aren't getting a job working for anyone in teaching.
I won't be teaching,I am going into politics somewhere...I don't care if its local or county or state...doesn't bother me. I can do the most good at the local level. Maybe run for county commissioner.

Infrastructure should have been Trump's day one game.

Instead he hung out on Twitter while whacking off

Yeah, right, cause.....ya know.....Obama never blew through trillions on special interests or anything and we have all new Interstates and need ZERO infrastructure improvements now.....cause Obama took care of all that :rolleyes:
/How does the failures of Trump always related back to Obama?

and btw, a major criticism of Obama, was he failed to do the same. But he did back TARP and saved the financial world from collapsing. Trump? He gave wealthy people a tax break

I won't be teaching,I am going into politics somewhere...I don't care if its local or county or state...doesn't bother me. I can do the most good at the local level. Maybe run for county commissioner.
Let us please know you won't be talking like you post. For if you plan to, I'd advise not quitting your day job

Let us please know you won't be talking like you post. For if you plan to, I'd advise not quitting your day job
Nah! I let loose here. If I don't run for office I will be happy to work behind the scenes as long as I can be involved in politics somehow.

really? Somebody forgot to tell the GOP.

and ages ago States chipped in on interstate funding - funding most all of it, but that stopped being the case ages ago.

what century are you living in?

and during the depression? most of those people would come back to spit on you for saying that. Federal works saved families and lives

Nah! I let loose here. If I don't run for office I will be happy to work behind the scenes as long as I can be involved in politics somehow.
LOL

I've seen a few people try and run for office acting like they do online. Oh boy

How the hell is fixing our infrastructure going to fix our immigration problem.LMAO The lives of 12 U.S. citizens would be saved who otherwise die a violent death at the hands of murderous illegal aliens each day. Another 13 Americans would survive who are otherwise killed each day by uninsured drunk driving illegals. Our hospital emergency rooms would not be flooded with everything from gunshot wounds, to anchor babies, to imported diseases to hangnails, giving American citizens the day off from standing in line behind illegals. Eight American children would not suffer the horror as a victim of a sex crime.

How the hell is fixing our infrastructure going to fix our immigration problem.LMAO The lives of 12 U.S. citizens would be saved who otherwise die a violent death at the hands of murderous illegal aliens each day. Another 13 Americans would survive who are otherwise killed each day by uninsured drunk driving illegals. Our hospital emergency rooms would not be flooded with everything from gunshot wounds, to anchor babies, to imported diseases to hangnails, giving American citizens the day off from standing in line behind illegals. Eight American children would not suffer the horror as a victim of a sex crime.

There are so many things wrong with this post, it would take me days to fix it all. Sarah is that you?

Forum List

Back