🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Spread the wealth - one boat, a few boats, or many boats?

Irrelevant. She puts more into the economy in a single weekend than most people do in a year. Do you understand that it simply doesn't matter how much more she has stashed away?
Yes, it does matter. very much, and what she buys doesn't really help anyone. You don't want a princess to buy a $200,000 necklace, you want 100 men to buy $2,000 necklaces for their wives. That creates jobs for other men, who now have the money to go and buy other things, creating jobs for other men.

Most of Hilton's money sits in the bank, it doesn't move around buying things, and that us no good at all.

Again, irrelevant. Her buying a $200,000 necklace means she's also buying $2,000 necklaces as well. In addition, that $200,000 purchase means she's supporting more high paying jobs. You're just not going to win this one, or any one for that matter.
I had this won before I posted it. How many people does it take to make one necklace versus 100, especially when they can be made in essentially the same time? Why does the grocery store create lots of jobs and the jewelry store only a very few? You don't need the rich buying things to have a good economy, you need the poor.

That's your problem, your fantasy doesn't square with reality. In truth, you need everyone contributing to the economy, but the wealthy spend a whole heck of a lot more than anyone else does. Hence, I don't begrudge the idle rich their fleet of cars, their mansions, their wait staff, because all that represents a lot of spending.
It represents spending that doesn't help us. They are welcome to spend but you don't want people buying only one boat, even a very expensive one, when what your economy depends upon is selling what goes on the boat. Life jackets, ropes, lines, maps, horns, fish-finders, fishing poles, water skis, floats, beer, wine, towels, you name it, all of which you sell much more of to ten smaller boats, or better yet 100 even smaller boats. 100 boats is 100 trailers, a 100 trucks, and all the rest, all of which has to be made by people who need the work. When you all buy, everyone works. When only the rich buy, the economy and we starve.

Irrelevant. She puts more into the economy in a single weekend than most people do in a year. Do you understand that it simply doesn't matter how much more she has stashed away?
Yes, it does matter. very much, and what she buys doesn't really help anyone. You don't want a princess to buy a $200,000 necklace, you want 100 men to buy $2,000 necklaces for their wives. That creates jobs for other men, who now have the money to go and buy other things, creating jobs for other men.

Most of Hilton's money sits in the bank, it doesn't move around buying things, and that us no good at all.

You know you're a moron, right?
If you don't understand then you have no idea how capitalism works. Exactly the point of this thread. None of you little morons know the damn thing.

I'm not the one openly pining for a system with a 100% fail, that has only produced misery, poverty and classes of starving people each and every time it's been attempted.

You're a fool, a Communist Fool
This is your chance to learn my child. Don't screw it up by making yourself into an idiot.

The Capitalist s Case for a 15 Minimum Wage - Bloomberg Business

Communism has a 100% Fail. The Soviets and ChiComs tried it for generations and all they got were bread lines and death.

You are to the LEFT of former Communists.

You should be proud

A simple notion that so many still reject. Why is a million dollar boat not as good as ten $100,000 boats, and 100 $10,000 boats is even better, and 1,000 $1,000 boats is much, much better still. Now, why is that? It has to do with the economic activity created by such a thing.
WTF?? guess you sign onto the do two they are small mentality?if that theory where really valid,one would ask why do they build such big container ships??
That's an entirely different economics, but let's say that we didn't have such large ships and we needed ten times as many ships instead? Well, that's five times as many jobs and five times as much gear needed to operate them safely, all of which have to be paid for. If you're mechanic you want a lot of cars on the road, not just a few expensive ones. Spreading the wealth creates more wealth. Lost of people buying smaller things is much better then just a few people buying bigger things. You want to keep lots of money flowing around, that's how everyone does better.
One word inefficiencies ,your plan has plenty. Try again the economics are the same.
I've already explained the economics to you. It makes sense to build big giant boats that a small crew can run, but if you want a lot of people working you build smaller boats, have more of them, and therefore more sailors making money sailing them.

If you don't understand then you have no idea how capitalism works. Exactly the point of this thread. None of you little morons know the damn thing.

I'm not the one openly pining for a system with a 100% fail, that has only produced misery, poverty and classes of starving people each and every time it's been attempted.

This is your chance to learn my child. Don't screw it up by making yourself into an idiot.

Communism has a 100% Fail. The Soviets and ChiComs tried it for generations and all they got were bread lines and death.

You should be proud
I'm not a Communist, I'm a capitalism with a Marxist worldview. Stop throwing words around that you don't understand and start learning.

Again, irrelevant. Her buying a $200,000 necklace means she's also buying $2,000 necklaces as well. In addition, that $200,000 purchase means she's supporting more high paying jobs. You're just not going to win this one, or any one for that matter.
I had this won before I posted it. How many people does it take to make one necklace versus 100, especially when they can be made in essentially the same time? Why does the grocery store create lots of jobs and the jewelry store only a very few? You don't need the rich buying things to have a good economy, you need the poor.

That's your problem, your fantasy doesn't square with reality. In truth, you need everyone contributing to the economy, but the wealthy spend a whole heck of a lot more than anyone else does. Hence, I don't begrudge the idle rich their fleet of cars, their mansions, their wait staff, because all that represents a lot of spending.
It represents spending that doesn't help us. They are welcome to spend but you don't want people buying only one boat, even a very expensive one, when what your economy depends upon is selling what goes on the boat. Life jackets, ropes, lines, maps, horns, fish-finders, fishing poles, water skis, floats, beer, wine, towels, you name it, all of which you sell much more of to ten smaller boats, or better yet 100 even smaller boats. 100 boats is 100 trailers, a 100 trucks, and all the rest, all of which has to be made by people who need the work. When you all buy, everyone works. When only the rich buy, the economy and we starve.

Except that when the rich buy, they support good paying jobs, which in turn means more people buying stuff. Put everyone to work at Wal-Mart and you won't support many good paying jobs.

Hey, if you want to create jobs, why not have people dig a canal with teaspoons? That will create hundreds of thousands of jobs.

You should be proud
I'm not a Communist, I'm a capitalism with a Marxist worldview. Stop throwing words around that you don't understand and start learning.
Sure two 360 degree opposed economic ideals,I can see why you post the way you do.

Who is more capable of buying things, a poor man or a rich man?
Irony for you, the poor man. He spends all that he has, and there are lots of them. The rich guy can only buy so many cars. He can only drive one at a time, but the poor people can, if they have the cash, buy a 100 cars which means many more people have jobs making modest cars than making expensive ones. You have to get the goods and the cash flowing to have a healthy economy.

Hey, if you want to create jobs, why not have people dig a canal with teaspoons? That will create hundreds of thousands of jobs.

And we can pay them 25 cents a day. Don't want anyone getting rich, you know.

There are nations that do that. They are labor-rich and that's how they keep people working. Everyone has to eat right?

Irony for you, the poor man. He spends all that he has, and there are lots of them. The rich guy can only buy so many cars. He can only drive one at a time, but the poor people can, if they have the cash, buy a 100 cars which means many more people have jobs making modest cars than making expensive ones. You have to get the goods and the cash flowing to have a healthy economy.

Put everyone to work at Wal-Mart. That way no one will have any extra.

No, what you don't want is the economy to based on the rich, they don't spend enough. Selling one $10,000 toilet isn't nearly as good as selling 100 $100 toilets.

You should be proud

You're a Communist, Jake

Watch and learn

If a poor person can buy 100 cars the fucker ain't poor, he's rich.

You aren't very smart are you?

You're missing the point, entirely, because you'd rather scream Marxist than learn capitalism. Why did Henry Ford pay his workers so well? Because he wanted them to be able to afford what they made. That sells more cars, which means you need to make more cars, and everyone does better in the end.

You should be proud

You're a Communist, Jake

Watch and learn

One, I'm not Jake, two, you're an idiot.

And Milton, who now knows that the market doesn't have the morals to self-regulate? Yes, I know him well.

No, what you don't want is the economy to based on the rich, they don't spend enough. Selling one $10,000 toilet isn't nearly as good as selling 100 $100 toilets.

You want the rich to have more, so they spend more. You are putting all this into practice and buying everything at Wal-Mart, right?

You're missing the point, entirely, because you'd rather scream Marxist than learn capitalism. Why did Henry Ford pay his workers so well? Because he wanted them to be able to afford what they made. That sells more cars, which means you need to make more cars, and everyone does better in the end.

You could produce a quote of me actually saying that, right? No, you couldn't.

You should be proud

You're a Communist, Jake

Watch and learn

Now, tells us, is it better to sell 1 $50 pencil, or 100 $.50 pencils? Or even better, 1,000 $.05 pencils? And that kids, is gotcha.

Forum List

Back