State brings back electric chair

"It's not the volts... it's the amps."
wink_smile.gif

I'll be surprised if it actually get's used.
If anyone actually get's scheduled for it, there will be last minute appeals based on cruel and unusual punishment.

I hear some other states are asking to bring back the firing squad. :Boom2:

Good

Let juries know they are frying people and not painlessly "putting them to sleep"

They won't be so quick to pull the trigger

I'll be surprised if it actually get's used.
If anyone actually get's scheduled for it, there will be last minute appeals based on cruel and unusual punishment.

I hear some other states are asking to bring back the firing squad. :Boom2:

Gary Gilmore was executed by firing squad in 1977.
John Albert Taylor ................................in 1996
Ronnie lee Gardner...............................in 2010

In Georgia they wanted to replace the electric chair with the guillotine so this is the story about that, Gracie. Notice when he reads HB 1274whatever..... it states reason for changing to guillotine death penalty is the organs are preserved. You cannot harvest the organs of a prisoner executed by electric chair so the guillotine was their idea of a solution. It's quite shocking.

[ame=http://youtu.be/63aIt9Hp9rQ]Guillotines in Georgia - HB 1274 Death penalty; Guillotine Provisions - YouTube[/ame]

Good

Let juries know they are frying people and not painlessly "putting them to sleep"

I seriously doubt a Jury who just found some guy guilty and gave him the death penalty is really concerned about how painless his execution will be.

Especially after spending several days in the Jury box listening to how he raped, strangled, stabbed, and mutilated his victim before he murdered them. ... :doubt:

the body temps go way up after the chair...but a few experts have said that the chair is more humane than injections....but the chair has to be maintained and serviced...if someone wants to die in a method that allows organ harvest ...so be it...but that should still be up to the person being killed

Criminal illness is a disease.
Like cancer, HIV/AIDS or other deadly diseases
it has a cause and a cure.

Executions after the fact do not cure the cause of disease.
In fact, people who are that sick usually do not care if they live or die,
so death is not a deterrent but may be what they are looking for.

When more people focus on preventing capital crime
one day we won't use capital punishment. It may still
be a choice, but like abortion that can be prevented,
so can murder and executions. As a society we can do better.

We can use our science, medicine and technology to find ways
to screen for criminal illness before it becomes deadly,
and to provide reliable treatment, just like monitoring diabetes or cancer.

How can we treat disease if we punish people for having it
and forcing them to run, hide and lie about it?

Someday more prisons will be run as medical treatment centers
with counseling, education/training and work programs to help
people recover from criminal addiction, abuse and illness
and to contribute to society including paying restitution for past violations.

We won't have this mess with bureaucrats, politicians, and contractors
making money off crime and the fear of it, once we understand
the cause of most crimes can be prevented and cured by early intervention.

Good

I seriously doubt a Jury who just found some guy guilty and gave him the death penalty is really concerned about how painless his execution will be.

Especially after spending several days in the Jury box listening to how he raped, strangled, stabbed, and mutilated his victim before he murdered them. ... :doubt:

Let it weigh on a juries mind that the guy is going to fry

Let the courts decide on the death penalty based on the chair instead of a quiet, put the guy to sleep

Good

Let it weigh on a juries mind that the guy is going to fry

Let the courts decide on the death penalty based on the chair instead of a quiet, put the guy to sleep

The sentence is death, the method is irrelevant.

the body temps go way up after the chair...but a few experts have said that the chair is more humane than injections....but the chair has to be maintained and serviced...if someone wants to die in a method that allows organ harvest ...so be it...but that should still be up to the person being killed

I was told about this some years ago and the plan was to harvest the organs with or without the prisoners permission - that was something people in Georgia were objecting to. I believe the future execution method for the entire USA will become guillotine. Because this country is going the way of China which is heavily involved in organ harvesting. If we are servant to the lender we'll find ourselves doing things "their way" more and more.....

I believe the future execution method for the entire USA will become guillotine. Because this country is going the way of China which is heavily involved in organ harvesting. If we are servant to the lender we'll find ourselves doing things "their way" more and more.....
Your an idiot. .. :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

Forum List

Back