STATE COMPARES CHRISTIAN BAKER TO NAZIS

There is no double standard. There are things you get to vote on, things the people you elect get to vote, and things neither one of you do. Gay marriage isn't up for a vote so it's in that last category. Clear now?

Yes, since my point was based on that. My point is you pick the one that yields the result you want. When you want vote, you just say the people voted, end of discussion. When the courts rule what you want, you just say the courts ruled, end of discussion. Nothing ever is crap, you wanted the other way, but it's the inapplicable process, so sorry, you lost.

I'll give you some examples for me. I am pro-choice, but the Constitution doesn't address abortion, so it's a State power. I oppose the death penalty, but again, the Constitution doesn't address it, so it's a State power. I don't think States should have the power to implement public accommodation laws, but nothing in the Constitution stops them. I actually care about the process, you pick the process that justifies the result you want. You still don't get it, do you? Be honest.

Since nothing in the Constitution grants the federal government the authority to tell hotels how to run their business, it doesn't have any such power.
The courts disagree. See Heart of Atlanta Motel v US. You lose, yet again.

The SC also decided that a farmer growing wheat on his own property for his own personal consumption was engaging in interstate commerce. The SC is obviously nothing more than a collection of political hacks.

The SC always decide on the side of expanded federal power. Most of the time it decides wrongly.

Believer forced to celebrate homosexual unions.
State compares Christian baker to Nazis
The Colorado Civil Rights Commission’s order to a baker to use his artistry to celebrate homosexual unions in violation of his Christian beliefs is under challenge, in part, because a commissioner likened Christians to slavers and Nazis.
Freedom of religion is in the heart of an individual.
A church is nothing but a congregation of individuals.
Guess what's next? Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings Page 655 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

There are nazis afoot all right. On the far, far left..

A church is a physical location, a place of worship, a structure. You don't hold weddings in your heart, Silo. Its too small, and the bride would get blood all over her dress.

Does that mean I have to allow gays to enter my house even if I don't want them in?

There is no double standard. There are things you get to vote on, things the people you elect get to vote, and things neither one of you do. Gay marriage isn't up for a vote so it's in that last category. Clear now?

Yes, since my point was based on that. My point is you pick the one that yields the result you want. When you want vote, you just say the people voted, end of discussion. When the courts rule what you want, you just say the courts ruled, end of discussion. Nothing ever is crap, you wanted the other way, but it's the inapplicable process, so sorry, you lost.

I'll give you some examples for me. I am pro-choice, but the Constitution doesn't address abortion, so it's a State power. I oppose the death penalty, but again, the Constitution doesn't address it, so it's a State power. I don't think States should have the power to implement public accommodation laws, but nothing in the Constitution stops them. I actually care about the process, you pick the process that justifies the result you want. You still don't get it, do you? Be honest.

Since nothing in the Constitution grants the federal government the authority to tell hotels how to run their business, it doesn't have any such power.

The SC also decided that a farmer growing wheat on his own property for his own personal consumption was engaging in interstate commerce. The SC is obviously nothing more than a collection of political hacks.

The SC always decide on the side of expanded federal power. Most of the time it decides wrongly.
Call it what you like but unlike you I live in the real world where Supreme Court decisions actually matter.

The Colorado Civil Rights Commission’s order to a baker to use his artistry to celebrate homosexual unions in violation of his Christian beliefs is under challenge, in part, because a commissioner likened Christians to slavers and Nazis.
Guess what's next? Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings Page 655 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

A church is a physical location, a place of worship, a structure. You don't hold weddings in your heart, Silo. Its too small, and the bride would get blood all over her dress.

Does that mean I have to allow gays to enter my house even if I don't want them in?

Is your house a public business? If no, then no. If yes, then probably.

I deal with the reality. If you can get a law passed, no matter what it is, and the courts uphold it then that's where it is. If you pass a law that you aren't allowed to pass, and the courts kill it then that's the end of that. I don't change the rules as I go along. When I tell you we aren't a Democracy that doesn't change just because I liked the outcome of the vote. The vote for gay marriage matters no more than the vote against. It's not up for a vote, period.

You realize you just said nothing

So when I start a business, I lose my Constitutional right to private property, why is that?

The term "public business" is total bullshit. Where does the Constitution mention anything about a "public business?" It doesn't. The interstate commerce clause was not intended to give the federal government control over private businesses. It was created so Congress could eliminate state imposed barriers to trade.

Call it what you like but unlike you I live in the real world where Supreme Court decisions actually matter.

They have the force of law. That doesn't make them legally or morally correct.

I deal with the reality. If you can get a law passed, no matter what it is, and the courts uphold it then that's where it is. If you pass a law that you aren't allowed to pass, and the courts kill it then that's the end of that. I don't change the rules as I go along. When I tell you we aren't a Democracy that doesn't change just because I liked the outcome of the vote. The vote for gay marriage matters no more than the vote against. It's not up for a vote, period.

How unusual . . . . NOT.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

It makes them the law of the land here. And they don't have to be moral.

So when I start a business, I lose my Constitutional right to private property, why is that?
If it's open to the public, yep. And you will lose a lot of freedom opening business. They are required to follow many, many rules and laws.

To you I'm sure that's true since you understand so very little in life.

It actually doesn't, because the decision is horseshit, but the government will enforce it.

It's like our immigration laws. Obama has no legitimate authority to give out work permits to illegal aliens, but he's still doing it.

If it's open to the public, yep. And you will lose a lot of freedom opening business. They are required to follow many, many rules and laws.

It's not "open to the public" if the owner posts a sign say "no gays allowed."

It actually doesn't, because the decision is horseshit, but the government will enforce it.

It's like our immigration laws. Obama has no legitimate authority to give out work permits to illegal aliens, but he's still doing it.
Reality just isn't your friend my little infant.

It's not "open to the public" if the owner posts a sign say "no gays allowed."
Yeah, that won't do it. Learn how it actually works, for once.

Only if they happen to be an authority in the right situation with the right to enter, say a gay cop.
Cops need a warrant or probable cause. Of course, we all know we aren't talking about cops. What if he's a gay appliance repairman?
Him you can say no to, but I wouldn't or the dryer won't get fixed.
Yeah, right, because there are no straight appliance repairmen.

It wouldn't surprise me if liberal turds like you tried to make even that illegal.

Forum List

Back