State of the Union

Yea, that was pretty brutal. Cross him off for 2016.

He can recover. The problem is the Party. He's going to have trouble with his own party. These old codgers in the GOP already distrust him because of his skin color. Put that together with the performance....may be fatal.

Yeah, keep hoping for that.

Your record on picking Presidential candidates sucks almost as much as your mouth does from what I hear.

My man is Newt. Cain needs seasoning. Perry isn't an establishment candidate and he's been attacked by everyone because of it.

Perry knows what it takes to get the Hispanic vote, but the right won't shelve their prejudices long enough to see that Perry's ideas work better then just putting up a useless wall or just kicking folks out of this country that have lived here most of their lives.

Romney seems to be the establishment candidate which gives me pause. I also think the made a mistake starting a pissing contest with Perry because I think they would have made an unbeatable team to go against Obama and Biden. Now that's all shot to hell simply because of Romney's personal ambitions.

Rubio's rebuttal was mostly lies and misinformation for low-information zombies. It was bullshit, and will be heavily fact-checked.

He hit the same notes Romney did...didn't work out too well for the Governor or the GOP since the election...

More coal, less wind.
Less unions, more income for the rich
Less regulation, more "trust us"
Cut everything that doesn't explode
More guns, less restriction on who gets them

Look for this to be brought up time and again

When you can figure out a way to heat your home with wind go for it.
Unions are the rich these days.
Obama has dumped hundreds of new regulations on us raising our cost of living immensely. It is reflected in our utility bills.
Gutting the military now because he feels the world is a safer place is insanity
Obama has sold more guns than any president in history.

My electricity provider uses 100% wind and solar in fact. My light bill was about $68.00 last month for my condo.

Anything else?

He hit the same notes Romney did...didn't work out too well for the Governor or the GOP since the election...

More coal, less wind.

When you can figure out a way to heat your home with wind go for it.
Unions are the rich these days.
Obama has dumped hundreds of new regulations on us raising our cost of living immensely. It is reflected in our utility bills.
Gutting the military now because he feels the world is a safer place is insanity
Obama has sold more guns than any president in history.

My electricity provider uses 100% wind and solar in fact. My light bill was about $68.00 last month for my condo.

Anything else?

Where do you live?

If you say you live in Colorado you're full of shit.

You can't heat your home in colder climes with windpower.

Apparently, some are doing it again this year - Rs and Ds sitting next to each other. Good for them.

Others have chosen to show they don't give a damn about their own country and are boycotting.

They have consistently refused invitations to the WH and to Camp David and tonight, some won't even bother to show up. I hope that President Obama does not keep trying to end the hyper-partisanship the Rs are so committed to. I hope its "No more Mr Nice Guy" the next four years because the opposite hasn't worked at all.

Yes, Obama tries to end hyper partisanship like he did in his other SOTU campaign speeches where he repeatedly takes shots at Republicans and even the supreme court... Yes, Obama spends countless hours trying to bring R's and D's together...

Breaking news, Obama blames the entire economic downfall, high un-employment and record deficts on Republicans, the old President Bush, the tea party, whites, the rich and anyone that works and does not like higher taxes.

And after the primo economy the republicans handed him right.?

Apparently, some are doing it again this year - Rs and Ds sitting next to each other. Good for them.

Others have chosen to show they don't give a damn about their own country and are boycotting.

They have consistently refused invitations to the WH and to Camp David and tonight, some won't even bother to show up. I hope that President Obama does not keep trying to end the hyper-partisanship the Rs are so committed to. I hope its "No more Mr Nice Guy" the next four years because the opposite hasn't worked at all.

Yes, Obama tries to end hyper partisanship like he did in his other SOTU campaign speeches where he repeatedly takes shots at Republicans and even the supreme court... Yes, Obama spends countless hours trying to bring R's and D's together...

Breaking news, Obama blames the entire economic downfall, high un-employment and record deficts on Republicans, the old President Bush, the tea party, whites, the rich and anyone that works and does not like higher taxes.

And after the primo economy the republicans handed him right.?

wait....who was running Congress in 2009?

Didn't you mean the economy that the Dems handed Obama? Obama included?

Rubio sounds nervous. And starting off on the abortion issue is wrong. When will we get it through our heads that social issues do no work for our party when we make it the front of our platform.

They are important but not a top priority at this stage in our country.
That's strike 1 for Rubio.

O'Rubio whinefest now

Obama is picking on us
I know right? The Republicans just can't stop whining.

crybaby.jpg

Mark O'Rubio looks out of his league

He does have the buzz words down though

I have to agree but I think he has a bright future.
I'm not so sure how bright, he didn't really put anything new forward.

Green energy bad.......drill baby drill
I know...right?

Rubio sounds nervous.

He sounds like Romney...same rhetoric. He doesn't look like him though...as though he was stabbed and trying to act like he wasn't.

He has a nervous tick with his right hand and the index finger on the left hand.
Exactly, same crap, different bunghole.

I'm not sure even Jindal was that bad.
No dude, Bobby "Kenneth The Page" Jindal was terrible. Rubio didn't do HALF as bad.

It's like Rubio didn't even listen to Obama's SOTU. Did he really just "Jindal" that rebuttal? Me thinks so.
Exactly! They're not listening, they're not responding....they're simply reacting. It doesn't matter what was said before, during or after, they already know what they will say...it's pre-programmed.

And this is EXACTLY why he won't be the next Republican leader. He's simply too concerned with "looking good." A leader just leads, doesn't matter who likes it or not.

Fatboy Chris Christie is a leader, Jeb Bush is a leader, heck even crazy A$$ RW fundie Mike Huckabee is a leader. Marco Rubio...not-so-much.

He didn't do bad though. I give him that much.

Rubio sounds nervous. And starting off on the abortion issue is wrong. When will we get it through our heads that social issues do no work for our party when we make it the front of our platform.

O'Rubio whinefest now

Obama is picking on us

crybaby.jpg

I know...right?

No dude, Bobby "Kenneth The Page" Jindal was terrible. Rubio didn't do HALF as bad.

It's like Rubio didn't even listen to Obama's SOTU. Did he really just "Jindal" that rebuttal? Me thinks so.
Exactly! They're not listening, they're not responding....they're simply reacting. It doesn't matter what was said before, during or after, they already know what they will say...it's pre-programmed.

And this is EXACTLY why he won't be the next Republican leader. He's simply too concerned with "looking good." A leader just leads, doesn't matter who likes it or not.

Fatboy Chris Christie is a leader, Jeb Bush is a leader, heck even crazy A$$ RW fundie Mike Huckabee is a leader. Marco Rubio...not-so-much.

His career is just beginning. He embodies the American story. I wont write him off because he has the jitters on his first nation wide appearance. To do so would be foolish.

He can recover. The problem is the Party. He's going to have trouble with his own party. These old codgers in the GOP already distrust him because of his skin color. Put that together with the performance....may be fatal.

That is utter bullshit. The GOP establishment are looking to Rubio to be the great savior of the party (and that's why the GOP is feckless, a young career politician isn't going to fix anything).

Rubio's rebuttal was mostly lies and misinformation for low-information zombies. It was bullshit, and will be heavily fact-checked.

More coal, less wind.

Rubio had a good point with regards to spending and the role of government. "Our problems today were not created because our government was too small."

His career is just beginning. He embodies the American story. I wont write him off because he has the jitters on his first nation wide appearance. To do so would be foolish.
Look at my statements Murked, I'm not criticizing his delivery...I think he did OK. I'm not gonna bash that. Once you don't sound like a damn fool, you're OK in my book...for things such as this.

I'm critiquing his content. He didn't produce anything new. Nada. Zilch. Zero. Bupkiss.

He's simply regurgitating the same RW lines in a nice way.

That's not leadership.

Note who, and why, I stated are leaders. Christie has the balls to say what has to be said to whoever it needs to be said no matter what. Jeb Bush, quiet as kept, seems to have those tendencies too. And we all know that CRAZY A$$ RW fundie Mike Huckabee doesn't give a hot DAMN who he says to what...so, in that sense, he's a leader.

Rubio is a party-line-tower. He has handlers, and it's obvious. He's trying to be Mr. Perfect, that's not leadership and it's not going to work.

Mark my words.

Look at my statements Murked, I'm not criticizing his delivery...I think he did OK. I'm not gonna bash that. Once you don't sound like a damn fool, you're OK in my book...for things such as this.

I'm critiquing his content. He didn't produce anything new. Nada. Zilch. Zero. Bupkiss.

That's not leadership.

Note who, and why, I stated are leaders. Christie has the balls to say what has to be said to whoever it needs to be said no matter what. Jeb Bush, quiet as kept, seems to have those tendencies too. And we all know that CRAZY A$$ RW fundie Mike Huckabee doesn't give a hot DAMN who he says to what...so, in that sense, he's a leader.

Rubio is a party-line-tower. He has handlers, and it's obvious. He's trying to be Mr. Perfect, that's not leadership and it's not going to work.

Mark my words.

We know him here. Lights on, nobody home. A pretty boy sans substance.

A leopard with the same old faded spots. Only thing is, now a great big audience knows it.

Regards from Rosie

That's not leadership.

Mark my words.

We know him here. Lights on, nobody home. A pretty boy sans substance.

A leopard with the same old faded spots. Only thing is, now a great big audience knows it.

Regards from Rosie

He's so well known as you describe that he won a statewide election by a huge margin?

Florida Democrats are amusing. Delusional, but amusing.

That is utter bullshit. The GOP establishment are looking to Rubio to be the great savior of the party (and that's why the GOP is feckless, a young career politician isn't going to fix anything).

No truer words have been spoken.

$entitlelist.jpg

You know the administration is out of ideas on the economy when they have to go back to the well of gun control, education fearmongering, and the minimum wage. The old liberal playbook just came out which means they know their efforts failed to produce results they can flaunt.

Not that it matters, the entire first term was spent securing the second term. Now that the second term has started, this administration doesn't give a shit about results. It's all about the social agenda now.

More coal, less wind.

Rubio had a good point with regards to spending and the role of government. "Our problems today were not created because our government was too small."

Well, he did reference the shrinking GDP of the last month. Economists point to a shrinking government spending as the cause:

GDP report: U.S. economy contracts in the fourth quarter of 2012 - Jan. 30, 2013

Republicans rip White House over finger pointing in wake of dismal GDP report | Fox News

When they nominate him, I'll apologize for the comment. I wouldn't hold my breath.

O'Rubio whinefest now

Obama is picking on us

crybaby.jpg

I know...right?

It would be kind of cool to have the spin doctors release Speech A to the press, let the opposition party prepare their response then give a totally different Speech B on the evening and see if they change their rebuttal.

That would be hilarious.

Forum List

Back