Sterling refuses to pay fine, plans to sue NBA

Sterling's attorney is Max Blecher, who I know. The NBA is going to be in the fight of their life. Max is a bulldog.

Hiring Blecher is all for show, posturing. "Look at who I can hire." BFD.

Not even the ghost of Johnny Cochran could save his bigoted ass.

There is no case, no grounds to sue.

Good for him!

As he's been found guilty in a biased Court of Public Opinion, maybe he can find a fair and just ruling in a Court of Law. :eusa_clap:

What makes you say they would never do that? If Sterling fights this I'm pretty sure thats exactly whats going to happen.

And sterling would get an injunction against it, stating anti-trust violations against his business.

If he did and it stood a snowballs chance in hell of sticking the players could just throw the games. No fans = no money.

Then Sterling would be able to release them from their contracts, and I'm sure he could find SOME players willing to play.

What you are not getting is that any of this hurts the NBA far more than you can hurt Sterling. He's rich, he's old, and he gives all indications of being a stubborn curmudgeon.

Like typical progressives, you have an end goal, and you do not give a rats ass on how to get to that end goal, never mind process, never mind rule of law, you want him gone, and you think your will can just make it so.

Sterling's attorney is Max Blecher, who I know. The NBA is going to be in the fight of their life. Max is a bulldog.

Hiring Blecher is all for show, posturing. "Look at who I can hire." BFD.

Not even the ghost of Johnny Cochran could save his bigoted ass.

There is no case, no grounds to sue.

The evidence being used against him was released illegally by a 3rd non governmental party. there is zero evidence of him actively discriminating against anyone. The best line of attack the NBA has is that he is a threat to the leagues livelihood, but that is something that is a matter of evidence, and has to go to trial.

they would never do that in a million years. Again, Sterling has performed no ACTIONS against the league, its his own words that caused the issue.

MY suggestion is to offer him 2x the value of the franchise as soon as possible.

What makes you say they would never do that? If Sterling fights this I'm pretty sure thats exactly whats going to happen.

And sterling would get an injunction against it, stating anti-trust violations against his business.

Ohhhh, how wise of you! That must be why Sterling hired Max Blecher, one of the best anti trust attorneys in the country.

whatever--I didn't think it was possible to think less of him --but he is truly a vile human.

I hope 'they' find some way to defeat him.

The tears---'just made a mistake and I will never do it again'. sickening.

Really what can they do to him if he refuses to pay?

Nothing.

Sterlings problem is that he owns an NBA team that he expects to make a profit off of

As long as he is associated with the team, Sponsors will stay away. Corporations will refuse to buy season tickets. His TV deal will dry up as soon as it expires
He is dead man walking as an owner

Sooner or later he will have to sell the team. The NBA can take their cut from the sale or just deduct it from what he receives in league revenue

Kinda wish he would go after the "thing" he calls a girlfriend. Have we determined if she is really a she? It looks like the sex change operation was almost successful.

Nonetheless, that individual is the one who broke the law and committed the worst offense here.

Nothing.

Sterlings problem is that he owns an NBA team that he expects to make a profit off of

As long as he is associated with the team, Sponsors will stay away. Corporations will refuse to buy season tickets. His TV deal will dry up as soon as it expires

Sooner or later he will have to sell the team. The NBA can take their cut from the sale or just deduct it from what he receives in league revenue

THe league can drag this out as long as they want to and soon it will be worthless. Even if he wins the suit, the team is done for with it's current owner. If he's smart, he'll sign all over to his wife. She deserves to have it anyway. I think she loves that team more than he does.

whatever--I didn't think it was possible to think less of him --but he is truly a vile human.

So for making racists statements, there can be no forgiveness or pardon?

Kinda wish he would go after the "thing" he calls a girlfriend. Have we determined if she is really a she? It looks like the sex change operation was almost successful.

Nonetheless, that individual is the one who broke the law and committed the worst offense here.

She can only be fined up to 2.5K I believe which she can get someone to pay for her. Any good attorney can get her out of the year of jail time she may do.

Nothing.

Never underestimate the power of crazy and the ability of a feeling of persecution to motivate. He has enough money to survive and he can make it hurt the league far more than the league can hurt him.

Sterling may sue the NBA for invasion of privacy and slander, for making a private conversation public. Using a blackmail and extortion, in order to take his ownership could cost the NBA not only hundreds of millions, but also fan support. The reality is, without white fans, the NBA will probably go broke, if the black players are perceived to be trying a hostile takeover.

No sooner I said it than......
Donald Sterling Reportedly Will Sue NBA If Forced to Sell Clippers | Bleacher Report

Everything about this 'story' makes my skin crawl.

I actually think he was telling the truth when he told Anderson Cooper--'I wanted her and would have said anything'. Taking carnal urges to a new low.

I have no idea how to explain his obsession with Magic Johnson. The thought of a black man having his 'prize'? Sick and perverted.

But --whatever--

Everything about this 'story' makes my skin crawl.

I actually think he was telling the truth when he told Anderson Cooper--'I wanted her and would have said anything'. Taking carnal urges to a new low.

I have no idea how to explain his obsession with Magic Johnson. The thought of a black man having his 'prize'? Sick and perverted.

But --whatever--

You didn't answer the question. Should racists statements mean the person has to be permanently ostracized from society?

Nothing.

THe league can drag this out as long as they want to and soon it will be worthless. Even if he wins the suit, the team is done for with it's current owner. If he's smart, he'll sign all over to his wife. She deserves to have it anyway. I think she loves that team more than he does.

You know what they say about men with big hands and big feet.....size matters.

Forum List

Back