Steven "POS" Colbert

You sound like one of the faggots on the fetish forums I troll.
upload_2017-5-3_19-38-35.jpeg

We can agree to disagree.

FWIW, I have used that particular slur, and find that it's only effective to those who are homophobic themselves.

When someone on here calls me a lesbian I have a remarkable lack of reaction, because I don't think that's a horrible thing to be.
Yes, we can agree to disagree.

You, like everyone else, is free to be as homophobic, misogynistic or as hateful as you like. It's a free country. God Bless America!

Someone hatefully calling you a lesbian says more about them than your reaction to them.

FWIW, I like to tell jokes and used to tell gay jokes. Not that I hate gays, but like the joke in the movie "Philadelphia" asking how a gay fakes an orgasm (I'd told that one myself) or the joke in a movie about the death of Matthew Shepard regarding a gambling, drinking man who goes to Hell (a joke I also told) I eventually saw how, no matter how slightly,. I was fomenting homophobia. Spreading hate, no matter how slightly, is never a good thing.
Sometimes being able to joke and laugh about things that are controversial and otherwise offensive is a form of combating the offensive nature by being able to laugh at it. It is commonly used in stand up by comedians. We need to be careful to not grow such thin skins that we take offense to everything that is said, while still seeking compassion, awareness and empathy for those we might be offending.

Homophobia is ok as long as you vote Democrat.

How is it homophobic?
Derogatory male on male sex comments are homophobic.

It's like one man calling another man a pussy. While it's taken as an insult to his manhood it's also misogynistic since it implies women are weak. Saying a man is a cocksucker is a derogatory attack on his manhood because it implies they are gay and, so the name-calling implies, that's a bad thing. In comparison, if Colbert had said Trump sucks Merkel's or May's pussy, would that be an insult or not?

Honestly, it's not the gay sex that is the insult, it is the submissive position that implies Trump is serving Putin, no reciprocation. If Colbert reversed it and said Putin was sucking Trump's member, would it still be a homophobic slur toward Trump? I don't think so.

If Colbert said that Trump was sucking Merkel's pussy, it wouldn't be a homophobic slur, but it would still imply that Trump is in a position of weakness or subservience.
Sorry, disagreed. No matter which way you turn on this, whether it's insulting a man who sucks another man's cock or a man who is submissive enough to another man to suck his cock, the sexual references are either homophobic or misogynistic.

Just so we're clear, I don't have a problem with this, but I also don't deny that Colbert made, however slightly, a homophobic remark in his rush to slam Trump.....not that Trump doesn't deserve to be slammed. :)
Does intent factor into your opinion or are you just looking at the wording? If a gay man calls another gay man a cocksucker is that homophobic?
So if you call a man a ****, you're just insulting the man, not women?

Yes, intent matters, but subtle social references matter too. Again, are you supporting implying that women or gays are weak as long as it supports insulting a person you dislike. If a RWer calls Michelle Obama a tranny, is that meant to demean just her or all trannies? By saying Michelle looks like an ape, is that just an insult to her or all black women?

Conservative 'free speech':

Ann Coulter speaking at a college to sell books? Free speech.

Stephen Colbert speaking on a talk show to get laughs? Hate speech that must be stopped.

Stop yer bitching cons, it's going to be a bumpy ride. No quarter asked, none given.
Do you honestly think CBS would allow a conservative on their channel that is as partisan and foul as Colbert?

Apparently conservatives can't get a conservative network up and running to put such shows on the air except fake Faux News. Why is that?

Because the market determines it, and conservatives, other than whining and bitching about others to their captive audience, don't make for profitable television. Otherwise they'd be doing it all over the place. Conservatives aren't the creative lot in the human population and creativity is what is required.

Don't agree? Then put together a 'conservative network' and get to it. Nobody doing it so you'd have the niche all to yourself.
Conservatives are too passive and defensive to make effective political propaganda(and that is why someone who is technically a leftist will end up doing it for them).

Conservatives can never get over the idea that someone is being hurt somehow by there being an unapologetically partisan network that appeals to ALL aspects of the right(yes, even the "far right"). It is in the nature of the conservative to only use violence when they are threatened.

Fox only further pacified Conservatives(technically tolerating scum like Juan Williams and Jehmu isn't even being pacified any more), and that is why it is a GREAT thing that Fox is dying now.
Can't handle opposing opinions I see... Makes sense that you like to bath in your ignorance and not seek objective debate to formulate your own opinions. Carry on Mr. Puppet, you grow more and more comical to me every day

FWIW, I have used that particular slur, and find that it's only effective to those who are homophobic themselves.

When someone on here calls me a lesbian I have a remarkable lack of reaction, because I don't think that's a horrible thing to be.

You, like everyone else, is free to be as homophobic, misogynistic or as hateful as you like. It's a free country. God Bless America!

Someone hatefully calling you a lesbian says more about them than your reaction to them.

FWIW, I like to tell jokes and used to tell gay jokes. Not that I hate gays, but like the joke in the movie "Philadelphia" asking how a gay fakes an orgasm (I'd told that one myself) or the joke in a movie about the death of Matthew Shepard regarding a gambling, drinking man who goes to Hell (a joke I also told) I eventually saw how, no matter how slightly,. I was fomenting homophobia. Spreading hate, no matter how slightly, is never a good thing.
Sometimes being able to joke and laugh about things that are controversial and otherwise offensive is a form of combating the offensive nature by being able to laugh at it. It is commonly used in stand up by comedians. We need to be careful to not grow such thin skins that we take offense to everything that is said, while still seeking compassion, awareness and empathy for those we might be offending.
Yes, I understand comedy. Like these jokes I alluded to before. Do they demean gays or not?

How does a gay man fake an orgasm?
He throws hot yogurt on his gay lover's back

One day a guy dies and finds himself in hell. As he is wallowing in despair, he has his first meeting with the devil...
Satan: Why so glum?
Guy: What do you think? I'm in hell!
Satan: Hell's not so bad. We actually have a lot of fun down here. Are you a drinking man?
Guy: Sure, I love to drink.
Satan: Well you're gonna love Mondays then. On Mondays that's all we do is drink. Whiskey, tequila, Guinness, wine coolers, diet tab and colas. We drink till we throw up and then we drink some more! And we don't worry about getting a hangover because you're dead anyway.
Guy: Gee, that sounds great!
Satan: You a smoker?
Guy: You better believe it!
Satan: All right! You're gonna love Tuesdays. We get the finest cigars from all over the world and smoke our lungs out. If you get cancer no biggie, you're already dead, remember?
Guy: Wow... that's awesome!
Satan: I bet you like to gamble.
Guy: Why yes, as a matter of fact I do.
Satan: Cause Wednesdays you can gamble all you want. Craps, Blackjack, Roulette, Poker, Slots. If you go bankrupt... you're dead anyhow. Do you do drugs??
Guy: Are you kidding? Love drugs! You don't mean...
Satan: That's right! Thursday is drug day. Help yourself to a great big bowl of crack, or smack. Smoke a doobie the size of a submarine. You can do all the drugs you want, you're dead, who cares.
Guy: WOW! I never realized Hell was such a cool place!
Satan: You gay?
Guy: No! Of course not!
Satan: Ooooh You're gonna hate Fridays.

How is it homophobic?
Derogatory male on male sex comments are homophobic.

It's like one man calling another man a pussy. While it's taken as an insult to his manhood it's also misogynistic since it implies women are weak. Saying a man is a cocksucker is a derogatory attack on his manhood because it implies they are gay and, so the name-calling implies, that's a bad thing. In comparison, if Colbert had said Trump sucks Merkel's or May's pussy, would that be an insult or not?

Honestly, it's not the gay sex that is the insult, it is the submissive position that implies Trump is serving Putin, no reciprocation. If Colbert reversed it and said Putin was sucking Trump's member, would it still be a homophobic slur toward Trump? I don't think so.

If Colbert said that Trump was sucking Merkel's pussy, it wouldn't be a homophobic slur, but it would still imply that Trump is in a position of weakness or subservience.
Sorry, disagreed. No matter which way you turn on this, whether it's insulting a man who sucks another man's cock or a man who is submissive enough to another man to suck his cock, the sexual references are either homophobic or misogynistic.

Just so we're clear, I don't have a problem with this, but I also don't deny that Colbert made, however slightly, a homophobic remark in his rush to slam Trump.....not that Trump doesn't deserve to be slammed. :)
Does intent factor into your opinion or are you just looking at the wording? If a gay man calls another gay man a cocksucker is that homophobic?
So if you call a man a ****, you're just insulting the man, not women?

Yes, intent matters, but subtle social references matter too. Again, are you supporting implying that women or gays are weak as long as it supports insulting a person you dislike. If a RWer calls Michelle Obama a tranny, is that meant to demean just her or all trannies? By saying Michelle looks like an ape, is that just an insult to her or all black women?
You are correct that there are demeaning undertones to entire groups when making derogatory insults like the ones you pointed out. Some if it is cultural and many who use these terms mean no offense to these groups, so that should also be understood.

For example, growing up my friend group would insult people by calling them Retards. I had very close friends who were triplets and one was severely physically retarded. I loved the kid like family. Though I used the word almost automatically in my banter with my friends I meant to offense to those who are handicapped. My girl recently called me on the offensiveness of using that work and I do my best to not use it anymore although sometimes it slips out. Also, I notice that many of my old friends from my hometown still use it and I know they mean no offense to handicapped people by using it. It doesn't excuse it, but understanding context is important, thats my point.

Yes, I understand comedy. Like these jokes I alluded to before. Do they demean gays or not?

One day a guy dies and finds himself in hell. As he is wallowing in despair, he has his first meeting with the devil...
Satan: Hell's not so bad. We actually have a lot of fun down here. Are you a drinking man?
Satan: Well you're gonna love Mondays then. On Mondays that's all we do is drink. Whiskey, tequila, Guinness, wine coolers, diet tab and colas. We drink till we throw up and then we drink some more! And we don't worry about getting a hangover because you're dead anyway.
Satan: All right! You're gonna love Tuesdays. We get the finest cigars from all over the world and smoke our lungs out. If you get cancer no biggie, you're already dead, remember?
Satan: Cause Wednesdays you can gamble all you want. Craps, Blackjack, Roulette, Poker, Slots. If you go bankrupt... you're dead anyhow. Do you do drugs??
Satan: That's right! Thursday is drug day. Help yourself to a great big bowl of crack, or smack. Smoke a doobie the size of a submarine. You can do all the drugs you want, you're dead, who cares.
They poke fun at stereotypes. I think its ok to tell them and laugh at them if it is good natured. Back to context and intent.

A male sucking another man's cock isn't homophobic, it's submissive.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
And you sound like that nutjob in the red shirt who got his ass beat starting a fight on an airliner this week.

Passengers fight on flight from Japan before takeoff
You make no sense.
To you? Of course not. It takes an IQ over 99 to understand intelligent discussion.

Translation: Men are dominant, women are submissive. Trump sucking Putin's cock means he's as weak as woman.

Thanks. Got it. It's not homophobic, it's misogynistic...with your support.

That's not a fair inference. Nowhere did Dragonlady mention women or being feminine.

Stephen Colbert speaking on a talk show to get laughs? Hate speech that must be stopped.

Stop yer bitching cons, it's going to be a bumpy ride. No quarter asked, none given.
Do you honestly think CBS would allow a conservative on their channel that is as partisan and foul as Colbert?

Apparently conservatives can't get a conservative network up and running to put such shows on the air except fake Faux News. Why is that?

Because the market determines it, and conservatives, other than whining and bitching about others to their captive audience, don't make for profitable television. Otherwise they'd be doing it all over the place. Conservatives aren't the creative lot in the human population and creativity is what is required.

Don't agree? Then put together a 'conservative network' and get to it. Nobody doing it so you'd have the niche all to yourself.
Conservatives are too passive and defensive to make effective political propaganda(and that is why someone who is technically a leftist will end up doing it for them).

Conservatives can never get over the idea that someone is being hurt somehow by there being an unapologetically partisan network that appeals to ALL aspects of the right(yes, even the "far right"). It is in the nature of the conservative to only use violence when they are threatened.

Fox only further pacified Conservatives(technically tolerating scum like Juan Williams and Jehmu isn't even being pacified any more), and that is why it is a GREAT thing that Fox is dying now.
Can't handle opposing opinions I see... Makes sense that you like to bath in your ignorance and not seek objective debate to formulate your own opinions. Carry on Mr. Puppet, you grow more and more comical to me every day
CBS, NBC, ABC and all their shitty little variants cluttering up my channel selection can't handle opposing opinions, not me.

Colbert would be curled up in the fetal position permanently if my "ignorance" ever became a television network.

They poke fun at stereotypes. I think its ok to tell them and laugh at them if it is good natured. Back to context and intent.
Thus perpetuating the stereotypes regardless if it's intentional or not.

Usually cultural norms is not an excuse. How many colored jokes do you tell? Be honest. If none, why not?

And you sound like that nutjob in the red shirt who got his ass beat starting a fight on an airliner this week.

Passengers fight on flight from Japan before takeoff
You make no sense.
To you? Of course not. It takes an IQ over 99 to understand intelligent discussion.
It actually takes significantly more than that, but you wouldn't know, because you are not intelligent.

CBS, NBC, ABC and all their shitty little variants cluttering up my channel selection can't handle opposing opinions, not me.

Colbert would be curled up in the fetal position permanently if my "ignorance" ever became a television network.
Start a YouTube channel and live stream.... See how you do. Let your brilliance shine! If you are any good then it will go viral. I bet you might even get to double digits if you get your family to subscribe!

Actually, my lack of reaction to being hatefully called a lesbian robs the insult of much of its power.

Why do you watch them? Haven't figured out the ON/OFF switch thingy yet or are the batteries in your remote dead and your welfare check hasn't arrived this month?

Actually, my lack of reaction to being hatefully called a lesbian robs the insult of much of its power.
Nonetheless, the person(s) slinging that insult are homophobic. That's my point.

Thus perpetuating the stereotypes regardless if it's intentional or not.

Usually cultural norms is not an excuse. How many colored jokes do you tell? Be honest. If none, why not?
I got a few... Depends on the audience... How do you stop black kids from jumping on the bed? Put velcro on the ceiling... So sue me :)

It actually takes significantly more than that, but you wouldn't know, because you are not intelligent.
I'm content to let the members of this forum decide which of us is educated, fact-based and intelligent and which is an opinionated asshole.

Forum List

Back