Steven "POS" Colbert

Colbert crossed WAY over the line regarding disrespecting a sitting President. 'Un-precedented' is not an exaggeration. He needs to be fired.
Seriously? Should I quote you some choice bits by Rush, Breitbart and other RW entertainers?

I fully support free speech. If the majority of people don't like Colbert, Rush or anyone else, they should grow a fucking spine and change the fucking channel. Better yet, turn it off and read a fucking book.

Conservative 'free speech':

Ann Coulter speaking at a college to sell books? Free speech.

Stephen Colbert speaking on a talk show to get laughs? Hate speech that must be stopped.

Stop yer bitching cons, it's going to be a bumpy ride. No quarter asked, none given.

You think he was going for laughs? Really? I thought they called it "resistance".......

I'm a little bit disappointed in Cobert. I mean Trump's lower than dung, and Putin should be in the Hague, but I don't think Putin is gay. Not that there's anything wrong in gay, but Putin wouldn't let Orange suck him, not even for forgive some loans .. or esp to forgive loans. Putin's got him by the shorthairs, and" KGB never let go short hairs ... is against torture code." Now Putin might get a kick ottta seeing Trump sucking off some Oligarchs .... "different story."
Not so sure about that. Many homophobes are latent homosexuals and Putin is definitely a homophobes. However, I strongly doubt Trump would blow him and I'm not buying the LWL meme that Trump is connected to Putin other than some business dealings. Putins attempt to alter the election was, IMO, part experiment and part to take down Hillary. It didn't matter who the RNC nominee was. If it was Cruz or Rubio, does anyone here seriously doubt Putin wouldn't have released the hacked data to Wikileaks?

Stephen Colbert speaking on a talk show to get laughs? Hate speech that must be stopped.

Stop yer bitching cons, it's going to be a bumpy ride. No quarter asked, none given.
Trump made it smash mouth politics but they wanna play Flag Football
I am pretty sure the media did that when they accused of him of making fun of a disabled reporter and compared him to Dylan Roof.

Counterpunching is now "smash mouth" to you goobers.
1) Trump did ridicule a disabled reporter
2) The Dylan Roof comparison is LWL hysteria. They are, after all, fucking morons.

I am pretty sure the media did that when they accused of him of making fun of a disabled reporter and compared him to Dylan Roof.

2) The Dylan Roof comparison is LWL hysteria. They are, after all, fucking morons.
Ridiculing a reporter who happens to be "disabled"(he is NOT disabled btw) and "mocking a disabled reporter" are 2 VERY different things.

Obama literally did mock the special olympics, but Trump did not mock the disability of a reporter.

Ridiculing a reporter who happens to be "disabled"(he is NOT disabled btw) and "mocking a disabled reporter" are 2 VERY different things.

Obama literally did mock the special olympics, but Trump did not mock the disability of a reporter.
Was that statement supposed to make sense? haha

Are you illiterate?

Are you illiterate?
no, but after reading your statements, like the one above, i'm starting to questions whether you are.

Ridiculing a reporter who happens to be "disabled"(he is NOT disabled btw) and "mocking a disabled reporter" are 2 VERY different things....
Fake news. See the links below. Disagree with them? Please post your own links refuting them. If you don't, then I'll accept that all you have is opinion based on zero facts.

Meryl Streep was right. Donald Trump did mock a disabled reporter.
Trump has previously claimed he was not aware that the reporter, Serge Kovaleski of the New York Times, has an impairment that visibly affects the flexibility and movement of his arms. The billionaire says that when he singled out Kovaleski for ridicule during a rally in South Carolina — "You've got to see this guy," he said, before jerking his arms spastically — he did not intend to call attention to Kovaleski's disability, arthrogryposis.

Did Trump mock disabled reporter or not?
Kovaleski has arthrogryposis, a congenital condition which limits the movement of his joints and has left his right hand sharply angled at the wrist. Kovaleski speaks with a normal voice and doesn't wave his arms around. (Watch a video of him talking about his ground-breaking reporting on the murder cases against former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez.)

Many observers took Trump’s comments and motions as mocking Kovaleski. The New York Times rebuked Trump in a statement: "We think it's outrageous that he would ridicule the appearance of one of our reporters." And people who share Kovaleski’s condition -- formally known as arthrogryposis multiplex congenita, or AMC -- and their families launched a social media campaign with the hashtag "AMCStrong."

Julie Reiskin, executive director of the Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition, an advocacy group, said that Trump "clearly was mocking his disability. That was very, very obvious, because he disagrees with all kinds of people at other times, and he doesn't use that voice or wave his arms like that." (Reiskin said she was giving her view since her nonprofit group can't endorse or oppose candidates.)

Reiskin said such behavior by Trump "portrays people with disabilities as incompetent. That if you can't control your speech or part of your body that you're not competent, which is very destructive" to the image of disabled people facing stereotypes and discrimination, she added.

But Trump denied it. He tweeted, "Clinton made a false ad about me where I was imitating a reporter GROVELING after he changed his story. I would NEVER mock disabled. Shame!"

He also said in a statement at the time, "I merely mimicked what I thought would be a flustered reporter trying to get out of a statement he made long ago."

Trump insisted that he couldn’t have known the man was disabled because "I have no idea who this reporter, Serge Kovaleski is, what he looks like or his level of intelligence. … Despite having one of the all-time great memories I certainly do not remember him."

Kovaleski countered that as a reporter for the New York Daily News in the late 1980s and early 1990s he regularly covered Trump. He told the Washington Post he was sure the businessman remembered him -- and his condition.

"Donald and I were on a first-name basis for years," Kovaleski told the New York Times.

In fact, Kovaleski recalled spending the day with Trump in 1989 when the reporter and other journalists flew with the billionaire on the "inaugural voyage" of the Trump Shuttle airline.

In addition, Trump spoke familiarly about Kovaleski at the rally, calling him a "nice reporter." He also described him as "the poor guy" and indicated he knew Kovaleski’s appearance ("you gotta see this guy") before launching into his imitation.

After our fact-check appeared, the Washington Post Fact Checker reviewed both Trump’s original comments and subsequent ones he made on the same subject in Colorado. The Fact Checker concluded that "Trump clearly mocked Kovaleski" and it gave Trump its lowest rating, Four Pinocchios.

In the meantime, some Trump supporters have shared other examples in which Trump has shaken his hands and used an odd tone of voice to refer to other people.

In one video, Trump is shown referring to one of his primary rivals, Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, with flailing arms and an exaggerated voice. (See it here.) In another, he uses similar, if more subdued, motions when referring to an unnamed general. (See it here.)

However, neither of these examples support Trump’s denial in the debate. In the videos, Trump was clearly mocking both Cruz and the unnamed general. In fact, the video about the general -- produced by a Trump supporter -- says explicitly that he was mocking the general.

In other words, the most you could say about these bits of evidence is that they demonstrate that Trump is an equal-opportunity mocker. They don’t help refute Clinton’s charge that Trump mocked Kovaleski.

The Trump campaign did not respond to an inquiry after the debate.

Ridiculing a reporter who happens to be "disabled"(he is NOT disabled btw) and "mocking a disabled reporter" are 2 VERY different things....
Fake news. See the links below. Disagree with them? Please post your own links refuting them. If you don't, then I'll accept that all you have is opinion based on zero facts.

Trump has previously claimed he was not aware that the reporter, Serge Kovaleski of the New York Times, has an impairment that visibly affects the flexibility and movement of his arms. The billionaire says that when he singled out Kovaleski for ridicule during a rally in South Carolina — "You've got to see this guy," he said, before jerking his arms spastically — he did not intend to call attention to Kovaleski's disability, arthrogryposis.

Kovaleski has arthrogryposis, a congenital condition which limits the movement of his joints and has left his right hand sharply angled at the wrist. Kovaleski speaks with a normal voice and doesn't wave his arms around. (Watch a video of him talking about his ground-breaking reporting on the murder cases against former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez.)

Many observers took Trump’s comments and motions as mocking Kovaleski. The New York Times rebuked Trump in a statement: "We think it's outrageous that he would ridicule the appearance of one of our reporters." And people who share Kovaleski’s condition -- formally known as arthrogryposis multiplex congenita, or AMC -- and their families launched a social media campaign with the hashtag "AMCStrong."

Julie Reiskin, executive director of the Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition, an advocacy group, said that Trump "clearly was mocking his disability. That was very, very obvious, because he disagrees with all kinds of people at other times, and he doesn't use that voice or wave his arms like that." (Reiskin said she was giving her view since her nonprofit group can't endorse or oppose candidates.)

Reiskin said such behavior by Trump "portrays people with disabilities as incompetent. That if you can't control your speech or part of your body that you're not competent, which is very destructive" to the image of disabled people facing stereotypes and discrimination, she added.

But Trump denied it. He tweeted, "Clinton made a false ad about me where I was imitating a reporter GROVELING after he changed his story. I would NEVER mock disabled. Shame!"

He also said in a statement at the time, "I merely mimicked what I thought would be a flustered reporter trying to get out of a statement he made long ago."

Trump insisted that he couldn’t have known the man was disabled because "I have no idea who this reporter, Serge Kovaleski is, what he looks like or his level of intelligence. … Despite having one of the all-time great memories I certainly do not remember him."

Kovaleski countered that as a reporter for the New York Daily News in the late 1980s and early 1990s he regularly covered Trump. He told the Washington Post he was sure the businessman remembered him -- and his condition.

"Donald and I were on a first-name basis for years," Kovaleski told the New York Times.

In fact, Kovaleski recalled spending the day with Trump in 1989 when the reporter and other journalists flew with the billionaire on the "inaugural voyage" of the Trump Shuttle airline.

In addition, Trump spoke familiarly about Kovaleski at the rally, calling him a "nice reporter." He also described him as "the poor guy" and indicated he knew Kovaleski’s appearance ("you gotta see this guy") before launching into his imitation.

After our fact-check appeared, the Washington Post Fact Checker reviewed both Trump’s original comments and subsequent ones he made on the same subject in Colorado. The Fact Checker concluded that "Trump clearly mocked Kovaleski" and it gave Trump its lowest rating, Four Pinocchios.

In the meantime, some Trump supporters have shared other examples in which Trump has shaken his hands and used an odd tone of voice to refer to other people.

In one video, Trump is shown referring to one of his primary rivals, Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, with flailing arms and an exaggerated voice. (See it here.) In another, he uses similar, if more subdued, motions when referring to an unnamed general. (See it here.)

However, neither of these examples support Trump’s denial in the debate. In the videos, Trump was clearly mocking both Cruz and the unnamed general. In fact, the video about the general -- produced by a Trump supporter -- says explicitly that he was mocking the general.

In other words, the most you could say about these bits of evidence is that they demonstrate that Trump is an equal-opportunity mocker. They don’t help refute Clinton’s charge that Trump mocked Kovaleski.

Yeah, PTBW isn't the brightest bulb in the bunch.

Colbert crossed WAY over the line regarding disrespecting a sitting President. 'Un-precedented' is not an exaggeration. He needs to be fired.
Seriously? Should I quote you some choice bits by Rush, Breitbart and other RW entertainers?

I fully support free speech. If the majority of people don't like Colbert, Rush or anyone else, they should grow a fucking spine and change the fucking channel. Better yet, turn it off and read a fucking book.

Funny I don't watch any of the late night "Comedians" because of their liberal bias. Yet I still can't avoid their views because the show up on the news shows. What Colbert does not understand is that he is no longer on cable and over the air broadcast stations have standards that are supposedly enforce by the FCC. I sincerely hope that the FCC fines him and CBS millions. BTW Colbert was never funny and Im not sure who's cock his mouth played holster to, to get the Letterman gig.

Agreed, but just so we're clear, the LWLs are no better. The partisan fuckwads on both sides seek to shred the Constitution in their favor. Both extremes disgust me.

Funny I don't watch any of the late night "Comedians" because of their liberal bias. Yet I still can't avoid their views because the show up on the news shows. What Colbert does not understand is that he is no longer on cable and over the air broadcast stations have standards that are supposedly enforce by the FCC. I sincerely hope that the FCC fines him and CBS millions. BTW Colbert was never funny and Im not sure who's cock his mouth played holster to, to get the Letterman gig.
His humor is a matter of opinion. Don't know how you can say he isn't funny like its a fact when he has had an extremely successful career. Obviously many people find him funny. Maybe his mockery of conservatives hits a little to close to home and you can't take a joke? I think thats probably it.

Your choice to not watch them. God Bless America!

1) Most comedians and other entertainers are liberals.
2) Most journalists are liberal. After all, they're "liberal arts" majors. OTOH, most media businesses are owned by capitalists seeking profits and most business majors are conservative. God Bless America!
3) The word "cock" was bleeped in the broadcast. The FCC has nothing to fine about.
4) Colbert can be very funny, but I don't always agree with his political views. Especially when he leans hard left. This spiel was one of those times. Like you and everyone else, I have to freedom to vote with my remote control.

Yeah, PTBW isn't the brightest bulb in the bunch.
He's certainly politically biased.

Forum List

Back