Steven "POS" Colbert

Homophobia is ok as long as you vote Democrat.

How is it homophobic?
Derogatory male on male sex comments are homophobic.

It's like one man calling another man a pussy. While it's taken as an insult to his manhood it's also misogynistic since it implies women are weak. Saying a man is a cocksucker is a derogatory attack on his manhood because it implies they are gay and, so the name-calling implies, that's a bad thing. In comparison, if Colbert had said Trump sucks Merkel's or May's pussy, would that be an insult or not?

Last edited:

How is it homophobic?

It's like one man calling another man a pussy. While it's taken as an insult to his manhood it's also misogynistic since it implies women are weak. Saying a man is a cocksucker is a derogatory attack on his manhood because it implies they are gay and, so the name-calling implies, that's a bad thing. In comparison, if Colbert had said Trump sucks Merkel's or May's pussy, would that be an insult or not?
I don't think Colberts comment about Trumps mouth only being good for Putins cock holster was meant to insult him by implying that he is gay... it was a dig on Trump sucking up to Putin, with a megadose of shock factor... Wholy shit I can't believe he said that on Network TV! ha

How is it homophobic?

Honestly, it's not the gay sex that is the insult, it is the submissive position that implies Trump is serving Putin, no reciprocation. If Colbert reversed it and said Putin was sucking Trump's member, would it still be a homophobic slur toward Trump? I don't think so.

If Colbert said that Trump was sucking Merkel's pussy, it wouldn't be a homophobic slur, but it would still imply that Trump is in a position of weakness or subservience.

I don't think Colberts comment about Trumps mouth only being good for Putins cock holster was meant to insult him by implying that he is gay... it was a dig on Trump sucking up to Putin, with a megadose of shock factor... Wholy shit I can't believe he said that on Network TV! ha
Disagreed. Brown-nosing and asskisser mean the similar things without the sexual content. Sorry, but no doubt in my mind that Colbert's comment was to demean any man who sucks another man's cock.

As for saying "cock", he's said "fuck" too. Bleeped of course.

Disagreed. Brown-nosing and asskisser mean the similar things without the sexual content. Sorry, but no doubt in my mind that Colbert's comment was to demean any man who sucks another man's cock.
Its a form of submissiveness... RiceChickie explained it well in the post above. I agree with her

Last edited:

How is it homophobic?

Honestly, it's not the gay sex that is the insult, it is the submissive position that implies Trump is serving Putin, no reciprocation. If Colbert reversed it and said Putin was sucking Trump's member, would it still be a homophobic slur toward Trump? I don't think so.

If Colbert said that Trump was sucking Merkel's pussy, it wouldn't be a homophobic slur, but it would still imply that Trump is in a position of weakness or subservience.
Sorry, disagreed. No matter which way you turn on this, whether it's insulting a man who sucks another man's cock or a man who is submissive enough to another man to suck his cock, the sexual references are either homophobic or misogynistic.

Just so we're clear, I don't have a problem with this, but I also don't deny that Colbert made, however slightly, a homophobic remark in his rush to slam Trump.....not that Trump doesn't deserve to be slammed. :)

Conservative 'free speech':

Ann Coulter speaking at a college to sell books? Free speech.

Stephen Colbert speaking on a talk show to get laughs? Hate speech that must be stopped.

Stop yer bitching cons, it's going to be a bumpy ride. No quarter asked, none given.
Do you honestly think CBS would allow a conservative on their channel that is as partisan and foul as Colbert?

Apparently conservatives can't get a conservative network up and running to put such shows on the air except fake Faux News. Why is that?

Because the market determines it, and conservatives, other than whining and bitching about others to their captive audience, don't make for profitable television. Otherwise they'd be doing it all over the place. Conservatives aren't the creative lot in the human population and creativity is what is required.

Don't agree? Then put together a 'conservative network' and get to it. Nobody doing it so you'd have the niche all to yourself.

How is it homophobic?

Sorry, disagreed. No matter which way you turn on this, whether it's insulting a man who sucks another man's cock or a man who is submissive enough to another man to suck his cock, the sexual references are either homophobic or misogynistic.

Just so we're clear, I don't have a problem with this, but I also don't deny that Colbert made, however slightly, a homophobic remark in his rush to slam Trump.....not that Trump doesn't deserve to be slammed. :)

We can agree to disagree.

FWIW, I have used that particular slur, and find that it's only effective to those who are homophobic themselves.

When someone on here calls me a lesbian I have a remarkable lack of reaction, because I don't think that's a horrible thing to be.

As long as trump is being demeaned, disrespected, mocked and made fun of, the 1st Amendment should be strictly enforced so as to insult and disparage the nitwit President;.

Stephen Colbert speaking on a talk show to get laughs? Hate speech that must be stopped.

Stop yer bitching cons, it's going to be a bumpy ride. No quarter asked, none given.

You think he was going for laughs? Really? I thought they called it "resistance".......

Why the assumption that you can't do both.

I'm a little bit disappointed in Cobert. I mean Trump's lower than dung, and Putin should be in the Hague, but I don't think Putin is gay. Not that there's anything wrong in gay, but Putin wouldn't let Orange suck him, not even for forgive some loans .. or esp to forgive loans. Putin's got him by the shorthairs, and" KGB never let go short hairs ... is against torture code." Now Putin might get a kick ottta seeing Trump sucking off some Oligarchs .... "different story."

Not to mention Trump hasn't been kind to moose and squirrel.

We can agree to disagree.

FWIW, I have used that particular slur, and find that it's only effective to those who are homophobic themselves.

When someone on here calls me a lesbian I have a remarkable lack of reaction, because I don't think that's a horrible thing to be.
Yes, we can agree to disagree.

You, like everyone else, is free to be as homophobic, misogynistic or as hateful as you like. It's a free country. God Bless America!

Someone hatefully calling you a lesbian says more about them than your reaction to them.

FWIW, I like to tell jokes and used to tell gay jokes. Not that I hate gays, but like the joke in the movie "Philadelphia" asking how a gay fakes an orgasm (I'd told that one myself) or the joke in a movie about the death of Matthew Shepard regarding a gambling, drinking man who goes to Hell (a joke I also told) I eventually saw how, no matter how slightly,. I was fomenting homophobia. Spreading hate, no matter how slightly, is never a good thing.

I'm a little bit disappointed in Cobert. I mean Trump's lower than dung, and Putin should be in the Hague, but I don't think Putin is gay. Not that there's anything wrong in gay, but Putin wouldn't let Orange suck him, not even for forgive some loans .. or esp to forgive loans. Putin's got him by the shorthairs, and" KGB never let go short hairs ... is against torture code." Now Putin might get a kick ottta seeing Trump sucking off some Oligarchs .... "different story."

Not to mention Trump hasn't been kind to moose and squirrel.
ROFL. I don't care who you are, that's funny!!!

Do you honestly think CBS would allow a conservative on their channel that is as partisan and foul as Colbert?

Apparently conservatives can't get a conservative network up and running to put such shows on the air except fake Faux News. Why is that?

Because the market determines it, and conservatives, other than whining and bitching about others to their captive audience, don't make for profitable television. Otherwise they'd be doing it all over the place. Conservatives aren't the creative lot in the human population and creativity is what is required.

Don't agree? Then put together a 'conservative network' and get to it. Nobody doing it so you'd have the niche all to yourself.
Conservatives are too passive and defensive to make effective political propaganda(and that is why someone who is technically a leftist will end up doing it for them).

Conservatives can never get over the idea that someone is being hurt somehow by there being an unapologetically partisan network that appeals to ALL aspects of the right(yes, even the "far right"). It is in the nature of the conservative to only use violence when they are threatened.

Fox only further pacified Conservatives(technically tolerating scum like Juan Williams and Jehmu isn't even being pacified any more), and that is why it is a GREAT thing that Fox is dying now.

How is it homophobic?

Does intent factor into your opinion or are you just looking at the wording? If a gay man calls another gay man a cocksucker is that homophobic?

Forum List

Back