Stevie Wonder: Can't Say 'Black Lives Matter' When Blacks Are Killing Blacks

The problem here is that Stevie has genuine concern for the violence in the black community while these assholes making comments do not. .Let us apply the same criticism to the phrase all lives matter. Well all lives can't matter to when approximately 90 percent of all murders by whites is done by another white person and the crime rate is twice as high in the white community. That's according to the DOJ, not some blind singer..

The black lives matter movement was spawned in the wake of a succession of videos depicting unarmed blacks being killed by cops when other options were clearly available. A further catalyst was the exoneration or failure of the justice system to hold murderers in blue accountable for murders committed on video and made public. That message is still reverberating all across America.

Blacks who murder other blacks are dealt with accordingly by the same system that
Allows cops to get away with murder....
That reality is the logic behind the name " Black Lives Matter. Unpunished murder is the thing being protested.

While addressing “gun violence” at a North Minneapolis Conference on Peace, musician Stevie Wonder said it is contradictory to say, “Black Lives Matter” while black-on-black crime rages out of control.
According to Billboard magazine, Wonder said, “It is in your hands to do it. It is in your hands to stop all the killing and all the shooting wherever you might be. Because you cannot say, ‘Black lives matter,’ and then kill yourselves.”

Excellent.
No it is not excellent. Most black people do not kill each other. The white justice system has taken a relatively few homicides committed by blacks each year and focused public attention on that! Proportional race based criminal statistics have intentionally been compiled and published to exploit the deeds of a relatively few criminal elements. For example: The public perception that an epidemic of murder is taking place in the black community is false. Several thousand homicides a year out of a population of 46+ million doesn't qualify as an epidemic.

well in 2016 there were 22 unarmed whites shot and killed by law enforcement and there were 17 blacks, unarmed who were shot and killed. Considering there are about 1/2 million cops in the US, Cops shooting unarmed black people is hardly an epidemic either, by your own logic. Are there bad cops? yeah. are there cops who deserve to be convicted? sure most likely, but were all 17 of those black people murdered? or did their own actions come into play? I'd have to look at it on case to case basis.

Police shootings 2016 database

While addressing “gun violence” at a North Minneapolis Conference on Peace, musician Stevie Wonder said it is contradictory to say, “Black Lives Matter” while black-on-black crime rages out of control.
According to Billboard magazine, Wonder said, “It is in your hands to do it. It is in your hands to stop all the killing and all the shooting wherever you might be. Because you cannot say, ‘Black lives matter,’ and then kill yourselves.”

Excellent.
No it is not excellent. Most black people do not kill each other. The white justice system has taken a relatively few homicides committed by blacks each year and focused public attention on that! Proportional race based criminal statistics have intentionally been compiled and published to exploit the deeds of a relatively few criminal elements. For example: The public perception that an epidemic of murder is taking place in the black community is false. Several thousand homicides a year out of a population of 46+ million doesn't qualify as an epidemic.

well in 2016 there were 22 unarmed whites shot and killed by law enforcement and there were 17 blacks, unarmed who were shot and killed. Considering there are about 1/2 million cops in the US, Cops shooting unarmed black people is hardly an epidemic either, by your own logic. Are there bad cops? yeah. are there cops who deserve to be convicted? sure most likely, but were all 17 of those black people murdered? or did their own actions come into play? I'd have to look at it on case to case basis.

If so many unarmed whites were killed then why aren't whites protesting about it. Do they like getting shot up by cops?

What needs to happen here is that whites need to go clean up their own communities and shut up with your dishonest and false running commentaries about ours.

Last edited:

Excellent.

If so many unarmed whites were killed then why aren't whites protesting about it. Do they like getting shot up by cops?

What needs to happen here is that whites need to go clean up their own communities and shut up with your dishonest and false running commentaries about ours.

I don't want to see anyone killed unnecessarily, but if a white person is killed by police in the process of committing a crime (or just being stupid and/or suicidal) I see nothing to protest.

Excellent.

I don't want to see anyone killed unnecessarily, but if a white person is killed by police in the process of committing a crime (or just being stupid and/or suicidal) I see nothing to protest.

But that's not the assertion being made by yarddog.

Excellent.

More proof that you hate white people. :clap2:

Excellent.

Like i said , you have to look at it on a case by case basis. I just put numbers out there, I wasn't saying wether someone deserved to get shot or not by their actions. White Or black. The point is, it's not as epidemic as the news media tries to portray it, based on the number of police officers in the US. There are people however who are cops who should probably not be cops and cannot handle stressful situations.

As for false commentaries, Stevie Wonder was the one who made the commentary, I did agree with his sentiment however. You have no idea what I believe or think by the few words I posted here.

Excellent.

Like i said , you have to look at it on a case by case basis. I just put numbers out there, I wasn't saying wether someone deserved to get shot or not by their actions. White Or black. The point is, it's not as epidemic as the news media tries to portray it, based on the number of police officers in the US. There are people however who are cops who should probably not be cops and cannot handle stressful situations.

As for false commentaries, Stevie Wonder was the one who made the commentary, I did agree with his sentiment however. You have no idea what I believe or think by the few words I posted here.

The problem with your commentary is that you do not spend equal time understanding how whites kill each other at a high rate and then rush in to say how much you agree with Stevie Wonder. So I say to you work on cleaning up the white community instead of spending so much time agreeing with blacks who say what you want to hear. Because whites are talking about all lives matter while about 90 percent of all white murders are committed by other whites and yet we do not see you or any other white person spending time lecturing each other about the high rate of white on white crime.

I spent less time talking about whites because thats not what the thread was about. As I said before, what Stevie Wonder had to say is true for all people. Maybe you missed that little part because I did not elaborate on it. You yourself said what Stevie had to say was heartfelt, but because I'm white , I'm not allowed to feel that as well. You have no idea about the things I care about. I dont need to kiss someones ass to prove I care in the way the liberal left panders.

Excellent.

Police shootings 2
According to Billboard magazine, Wonder
said, “It is in your hands to do it. It is in your hands to stop all the killing and all the shooting wherever you might be. Because you cannot say, ‘Black lives matter,’ and then kill yourselves.”

Excellent.

016 database
Your Washington Post database is informative but there are other sources that make the results of that study questionable.

Excerpts from the Guardian
:

Based on a tracker from The Washington Post, at least 232 black folks were shot and killed. (The Guardian’s figures include all deaths resulting directly from encounters with law enforcement, while the Post counts only people who were shot and killed by police.)
My response:
If the above excerpt is true then the strangulation death of Earl Garner at the hands of cops wouldn't be counted in the statistic you posted. But beyond that, I'm not about to allow you to change the rules. Proportional statistics have been used for decades to demonize the entire black population so I'm not about to ignore the implications suggested by any proportional satistics favoring blacks.

From the guardian:

The Post found that 34 percent of the unarmed people killed in 2016 were black males, which is quite disproportionate since black men make up only 6 percent of the U.S. population. There was also a considerable uptick in deaths caught on camera via cellphone and police cameras.
My response:
Many law enforcement agencies do not report police shootings or any data at all. Therefore, the true number of homicides by cop is unknown...unarmed or otherwise.

Still, I've allowed you to deviate from the real issue. Even when brought to trial for murder, cops are not held accountable for their actions or lack thereof. Racism and bigotry is so endemic in this country the entire justice system is corrupted buy it.
To be fair, some jurists, prosecutors and judges have, ostensibly, tried to be equitable in dispensing justice.by at least giving the families of victims their day in court. Greatest flaw now days is in the jury selection process. The dominant white power structure has too many people like Shootspeedrs, Geux4it, Odium, Ray from Cleveland, Iceweasle
and others too numerous to mention who
are clearly biased... And all of those mentioned are potential jurors.

Most of the cop related homicides involving the killing of unarmed black civilians is part of a disturbing national pattern. Videos of such incidents leave nothing to the imagination and the sordid images of wanton slaughter by cops have been etched into the public consciousness. Prosecutors can no longer ignore or dismiss murder by cops
as easily as before the cell phone/ social media era. However, they know all too well the weak Link in the system; nowadays it's the jury. The killer cop's defense team will seek the kind of juror that will ultimately marginalize every bit of evidence, ignore every testimony favoring the victim and dash every hope of seeing justice served...

Last edited:

Excellent.

It seems there are only two kinds of whites according to the conservative white male Taliban. You're either liberal or conservative; and, if you commit a crime, regardless of your former status as a conservative you immediately become a liberal... and liberals in the konservative white community automatically become Whiggers.

Excellent.

More proof that you hate white people. :clap2:
more proof that you're stupid. There are no white people there is just a state of mind where people think they're white.

Excellent.

Police shootings 2
According to Billboard magazine, Wonder
said, “It is in your hands to do it. It is in your hands to stop all the killing and all the shooting wherever you might be. Because you cannot say, ‘Black lives matter,’ and then kill yourselves.”

Excellent.

016 database
Your Washington Post database is informative but there are other sources that make the results of that study questionable.

Excerpts from the Guardian
:

Based on a tracker from The Washington Post, at least 232 black folks were shot and killed. (The Guardian’s figures include all deaths resulting directly from encounters with law enforcement, while the Post counts only people who were shot and killed by police.)
My response:
If the above excerpt is true then the strangulation death of Earl Garner at the hands of cops wouldn't be counted in the statistic you posted. But beyond that, I'm not about to allow you to change the rules. Proportional statistics have been used for decades to demonize the entire black population so I'm not about to ignore the implications suggested by any proportional satistics favoring blacks.

From the guardian:

The Post found that 34 percent of the unarmed people killed in 2016 were black males, which is quite disproportionate since black men make up only 6 percent of the U.S. population. There was also a considerable uptick in deaths caught on camera via cellphone and police cameras.
My response:
Many law enforcement agencies do not report police shootings or any data at all. Therefore, the true number of homicides by cop is unknown...unarmed or otherwise.

Still, I've allowed you to deviate from the real issue. Even when brought to trial for murder, cops are not held accountable for their actions or lack thereof. Racism and bigotry is so endemic in this country the entire justice system is corrupted buy it.
To be fair, some jurists, prosecutors and judges have, ostensibly, tried to be equitable in dispensing justice.by at least giving the families of victims their day in court. Greatest flaw now days is in the jury selection process. The dominant white power structure has too many people like Shootspeedrs, Geux4it, Odium, Ray from Cleveland, Iceweasle
and others too numerous to mention who
are clearly biased... And all of those mentioned are potential jurors.

Most of the cop related homicides involving the killing of unarmed black civilians is part of a disturbing national pattern. Videos of such incidents leave nothing to the imagination and the sordid images of wanton slaughter by cops have been etched into the public consciousness. Prosecutors can no longer ignore or dismiss murder by cops
as easily as before the cell phone/ social media era. However, they know all too well the weak Link in the system; nowadays it's the jury. The killer cop's defense team will seek the kind of juror that will ultimately marginalize every bit of evidence, ignore every testimony favoring the victim and dash every hope of seeing justice served...

I never said the legal system was perfect when it comes to Cop- civilian relations. I'm sure there is some racism, maybe a lot of racism in some places, but there is also this.

Quote;
One reason for the lack of prosecution and subsequent conviction begins with the Supreme Court’s legal standard for use of lethal force. According to Graham v. Connor, the landmark 1989 case that established the standard, each “use of force must be judged from the perspective of a reasonable officer on the scene, rather than with the 20/20 vision of hindsight.” The ruling specifically cautions against judging police too harshly for split-second decisions made in “tense, uncertain and rapidly evolving” situations. All of this gives officers plenty of leeway to explain why their actions were legal.

Here’s How Many Cops Got Convicted Of Murder Last Year For On-Duty Shootings | HuffPost

So what I conclude and believe, is that it's not all about race but the news media has tried to make it so. How many stories do you see on the news about an unarmed white person getting shot by police? it wont make the national news because its just not a news story. I also doubt that very many Cops are convicted for shooting whites as well.

the real story is More about police training and if we want to look at some of the legal precedents like Graham vs Connor, thats a good place to start as well. As for Jury selection, you have a good point there.
My initial post to this thread was more of a reaction to you saying Stevie Wonder should STFU more than anything else. I think we all have the right to express our opinion, and if his was heart felt, than why not? That's his own critique on his own community and its a positive message. If there is less crime than there is less interaction with police, less interaction with police and then that changes stereo- types.

So who e lected Stevie Wonder to be the spokesman for black people? If he is too uninformed know the difference between cops getting. away with killing unarmed black men under the color of authority and blacks killing blacks who are subsequently arrested, tried and sent to prison for their crimes ...stevie ought to just STFU. He doesn't deserve to represent anybody but himself.

I hope you dont represent liberals because if you do, its a pretty damning representation. The thing I took away from that speech was Mr W. said if blacks want to show black lives matter then they should show that by learning to love each other first. Seems to me that proposing that sort of challenge to the listeners is a GOOD thing regardless of what you think about cops. Maybe Mr W. has some life experience you are not aware of? It seems to be the typical liberal response these days to tell people to STFU when they hear a viewpoint they dont agree with.
So he said something unpopular with you but if that sort of message was more mainstream, it would probably save a few lives. Everybody gets a chance to say what they have to say. there aint no STFU around here, unless you would like to apply that to yourself.
I don't represent liberals because I'm not one.
Why do you RW nuts always think that just because someone disagrees with you, they are liberal?
But you didn't stop there, did you? You went on to lecture me on the content of Stevie's monologue as if it has some relevance to reality. It does not. Sure, pitching love for everybody is a good thing no matter who says it. But Stevie seems to have misjudged the black community's capacity for love based on what he hears in the media. Perhaps mr. Wonder's celebrity status has precluded him from being in touch with the majority of blacks who go to church, go to work and love each other. That's what happens when blacks get rich and isolated.
The media frequently causes them to devalue their own against the backdrop of white perspective.
My husband has often said that when many black folks left the inner cities and were "moving on up" they went with the intent of coming back to the hood to help others. But what happened is that they got caught up in the lifestyle of the rich and famous and totally lost touch with the people in the hood. Then it became impossible for them to reach them and help them in any way because, as was mentioned, they had lost touch and some even became afraid to go back into the very neighborhoods they left. Another "divide and conquer" strategy which the governing elite and media continue to feed.

So who e lected Stevie Wonder to be the spokesman for black people? If he is too uninformed know the difference between cops getting. away with killing unarmed black men under the color of authority and blacks killing blacks who are subsequently arrested, tried and sent to prison for their crimes ...stevie ought to just STFU. He doesn't deserve to represent anybody but himself.

Thanks for wanting to deny Stevie Wonder the right to express his opinion.

Why the leftists keep losing.

I agree 100% with what Stevie said, he is right. :clap2:

and....he is one of the best musicians/composers America ever produced.

My fav album of his "The Secret Life Of Plants"

"Flower Power"

Forum List

Back