Stop Antisemitism

On Martin Luther King Jr. day, Rev. Dr. J. Herbert Nelson, II, the Stated Clerk of the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church USA, offended all decent humans by saying Israeli Jews are slave owners and Palestinians are their slaves:
The continued occupation in Palestine/Israel is 21st-century slavery and should be abolished immediately. Given the history of Jewish humble beginnings and persecution, there should be no ambiguity as to the ethical, moral, and dehumanizing marginalization and enslavement of other human beings. The United States of America must be a major influencer of calling this injustice both immoral and intolerable.

I would also hope that the Jewish community in the United States would influence the call to join the U.S. government in ending the immoral enslavement. Dr. King continuously preached a Gospel of justice, so that all people could live in dignity.

He didn't say it was "like slavery" or "comparable to slavery." This idiot said it is slavery.

And to add to the antisemitism, he called on the Jews who obviously control America to tell the government to stop this "slavery."

On January 22, after criticism, he doubled down:
While my reference to these injustices as “slavery” may seem extreme to many and, of course, offensive to most Israelis, no one who is informed regarding the use of military power and racial bias to control the lives of Palestinian citizens can honestly avoid the truth of this situation.
And now, he triples down on his antisemitic libel, by redefining "slavery" to mean pretty much anything he wants it to mean, with an insane definition of the term. And as "proof" he says that he was enslaved himself as he was growing up.

Yes, really.

------
Silly me, I thought slavery meant owning human beings and depriving them of all rights. I didn't realize that an expert who somehow attended college in the South was enslaved.

And he is mystified how anyone can be offended by his redefining slavery to mean anything Jews do that he doesn't like:

-----
He's practically saying, "I'm a Black man, how dare you disagree with me about what slavery means?"

We have a pattern here: terms like "apartheid" and "genocide" and "slavery" and "persecution" are given brand new definitions to apply only to Jews.

The irony is that by doing this, the modern antisemites are cheapening the terms themselves, trivializing real slavery (which still exists today in the Arab world) and real persecution and real genocide and real apartheid.

Which means that to these bigots, inciting hate against Jews is more important than actual genocide and slavery and apartheid.

(full article online)

Protocols: Exposing Modern Antisemitism (EoZPress, 2022) is based on my essays on the blog over the past several years, somewhat expanded and improved.

Today we have updated, and equally fictional, versions of the Tsarist forgery about the Elders of Zion. protocols. The new protocols might not take the same written form as the older forgery, but they are imprinted in the minds of modern antisemites. These protocols include ideas such as: the Jewish lobby controls the American government; Israel ethnically cleanses non-Jews from Israel; Zionism is racism; Israel violates international law in myriad ways; and Jews use the Holocaust to justify their own Nazi-like crimes.

In some circles these new protocols have practically become a religion, and the people who believe the new lies are as fanatic as the ones who believe the old ones.

This book defines and exposes modern antisemitism. It shows how the scourge of Jew-hatred is as virulent as it ever was and how modern antisemites hide their hate behind the pretexts of "human rights" and "international law." Protocols identifies and refutes the arguments of today's haters. It is indispensable to understand how the "world's oldest hatred" has returned and how it tries to disguise itself.

It is especially relevant today, as so called "human rights" and "progressive" organizations are twisting the definitions of "racism," "apartheid" and "genocide" specifically against Israel and only Israel - a perfect example of how the Jewish state has replaced the Jewish people as the stated target of the world's oldest hatred.

The book is divided into five parts.

(full article online)

Let us make this clear.

This is what was happening at the time of the salute at that class:

More antisemitic controversy at
@mtnbrookhs
as an 11th grade history teacher instructs students to perform Nazi salutes as they stand facing the American flag.

--------------
Saluting the American Flag with the Nazi salute is to you teaching history, when you do not even know what the course was about.

How American of you.
You are a liar .. that's not what happened at all. You are desperately feeding your endless victim status with a lie about context and intention.

You are a liar .. that's not what happened at all. You are desperately feeding your endless victim status with a lie about context and intention.
Since you were there as a witness, we will take your word for it

On Martin Luther King Jr. day, Rev. Dr. J. Herbert Nelson, II, the Stated Clerk of the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church USA, offended all decent humans by saying Israeli Jews are slave owners and Palestinians are their slaves:

He didn't say it was "like slavery" or "comparable to slavery." This idiot said it is slavery.

And to add to the antisemitism, he called on the Jews who obviously control America to tell the government to stop this "slavery."

On January 22, after criticism, he doubled down:

And now, he triples down on his antisemitic libel, by redefining "slavery" to mean pretty much anything he wants it to mean, with an insane definition of the term. And as "proof" he says that he was enslaved himself as he was growing up.

Yes, really.

------
Silly me, I thought slavery meant owning human beings and depriving them of all rights. I didn't realize that an expert who somehow attended college in the South was enslaved.

And he is mystified how anyone can be offended by his redefining slavery to mean anything Jews do that he doesn't like:

-----
He's practically saying, "I'm a Black man, how dare you disagree with me about what slavery means?"

We have a pattern here: terms like "apartheid" and "genocide" and "slavery" and "persecution" are given brand new definitions to apply only to Jews.

The irony is that by doing this, the modern antisemites are cheapening the terms themselves, trivializing real slavery (which still exists today in the Arab world) and real persecution and real genocide and real apartheid.

Which means that to these bigots, inciting hate against Jews is more important than actual genocide and slavery and apartheid.

(full article online)

Every post you make every day is about your suffering and victim status. It feeds your beliefs. I feel sorry for you and your family.

Every post you make every day is about your suffering and victim status. It feeds your beliefs. I feel sorry for you and your family.
To heck with your toxic garbage learned from when you were a tiny little girl.

You are all grown up now.

Enough of fairy tales about evil Jews and victimized Arabs.

Go learn real history in the real world.

The Arab world is starting to live more and more in the real world about the rights of the Jewish people to their ancient land.

Hurry up !!!! Catch up with it !!!!

You moron. The Bellamy salute wasn't antisemitic... until Hitler adopted it. Then the rest of the world stopped using it.
You do need to look at yourself in the mirror, and often, and then use that word once you get it.

The class was in 2022.

They were not doing the Bellamy salute in front of the
American flag, oh "Wasp from Alabama".

Not in 2022.

In 2022 saluting the American flag anywhere in America, unless one is a Nazi in one of their hideouts, is done in a very different way.

A little research goes a long way.

You do need to look at yourself in the mirror, and often, and then use that word once you get it.

The class was in 2022.

They were not doing the Bellamy salute in front of the
American flag, oh "Wasp from Alabama".

Not in 2022.

In 2022 saluting the American flag anywhere in America, unless one is a Nazi in one of their hideouts, is done in a very different way.

A little research goes a long way.
The school is a Jewish school in a Jewish suburb of Birmingham. There's was no malice in the lesson except from one pissy kid like you who wanted to make trouble. None of his classmates or teachers thought it was antisemitic.

How does one stop Antisemitism? Which is another word for Jew hatred .
First it was Judeophobia, and then a German Jew-hater changed the expression to Antisemitism in the 19th century. Nothing changes, It is all the same.

Many groups like to say that Jews are against Israel or against Judaism.

This one seems to be one of them. And there probably are many others, which I will post in the future.

Jew hatred may morph, but the intent is always the same.

Let us try to stop it.

Jew hatred is built into the Torah.
See the Moshe's Admonition in Deuteronomy.

Experts don't believe that teens utilizing the Nazi salute or other symbols of hatred necessarily leads to them identifying with or joining hate groups.

"That's rare," Trubowitz said. "We don't often see movement from students in schools using symbols to becoming affiliated with neo-Nazi groups. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen."

Trubowitz said the greater concern is the "normalization of the symbols, so kids start seeing other kids using these symbols (and begin) to think it’s OK."

This could, in turn, lead to young people doing more research on and becoming comfortable with these ideologies, she said.

-----------

Experts say that negative conduct by adults can influence young people, offering a justification for bad behavior.

"We currently have a climate where it is seen as more acceptable for adults to model disparaging comments, or expressing hate and intolerance, something we've been seeing over the last couple of years," Woods said. "And of course this is seen by teens and is going to be replayed by our youth."

Steck points to recent events in the media that could potentially be an influence, including Congressman Steve King's recent comments wondering why terms including "white nationalist" and "white supremacist" became offensive.

"It sends a signal to many adolescents that it's okay," she said. "You don't have to look far in the headlines to see adults ... making very inappropriate comments."

(full article online)

Here’s what bothers me most about the controversy in Mountain Brook schools over a history teacher who demonstrated the Nazi salute to his class as part of a lesson.

A Jewish student who reported the “lesson” and posted a short video was reprimanded by the school system and told to apologize to the teacher. The student said he refused to apologize, as is his right – and good for him.

According to reports, when the teacher demonstrated the salute, a few other students in the class also saluted Nazi-style. Others declined. The teacher supposedly never told students to mimic the gesture.

But what is it with teachers who are so tone-deaf to symbols of hate and proper education that they bring those symbols into the classroom? What’s up with teachers who believe they have a teaching moment, then blindly go forward without even a little bit of consideration? No, the teacher wasn’t forcing his class to make the salute. Nor was he glorifying it. But clearly, he didn’t consider the ramifications of what he was doing that day in class.

As reported widely in local, state, national, and international media, however, the teacher did make the gesture. Writes Sarah Langcuster, an international educator and writer in the Birmingham area, in an opinion piece at AL.com: “Few people would believe that a teacher would intentionally instruct students to perform Nazi symbols or gestures in a history classroom. However, the mere fact that he performed the salute at all during the lesson coupled with the fact that other students stood up from their desks and participated in performing the salute, all while thousands of pictures exist online and textbooks of Nazi parades and symbolism that could have been used instead, is the larger and more serious issue. Thoughtless acts like these normalize everyday anti-Semitism and highlight the ignorance that many in the US face when confronted with the atrocities of rising anti-Semitic sentiments around the world.”

This isn’t about being “politically correct.” It’s about being correct, period.

Yes, the salute appropriated by the Nazis may be the same or similar to the Bellamy salute, invented by the creator of the U.S. Pledge of Allegiance to accompany the oath to American loyalty, as Langcuster writes. But it was fully appropriated by the Nazis. They own it now.

The Heil Hitler salute symbolizes what it symbolizes: A regime that committed genocide on its Jewish citizens and others in the Holocaust during World War II. There is no way to redeem the symbol. There is no way to make it kinder, gentler.

It is awful.

The Confederate battle flag, used by the states that seceded from the union from 1861 to 1865 during the American Civil War, only means racism today. There is nothing honorable about it, whatever some people think about its role in history.

And white supremacists use the Confederate battle flag as their symbol. It’s no secret. When that flag comes out, a racist is holding it.

The Mountain Brook mishap – and it was a mistake, whether Mountain Brook school officials or that teacher admit it – isn’t the first in Jefferson County.

In 2010, a math teacher at Corner High School used a lesson on angles in a geometry class to demonstrate how to shoot then-President Barack Obama’s ear off. The mistake in judgment, which the teacher admitted in a statement made through the Alabama Education Association, led to a short suspension of the teacher without pay. Before the story broke, the Secret Service visited with the teacher before determining he was no threat to the president. (He also filed a lawsuit against The Birmingham News, including me and two colleagues, but nothing ever came of the lawsuit, that I’m aware of.)

Poor judgment by teachers like this should never be tolerated in the classroom. Should we be OK with a teacher – somebody who presumably has the respect of his (or her) students and colleagues – whose judgment is so off-base that a geometric angle to shoot off Obama’s ear or who, for whatever reason, demonstrates the Nazi salute in a classroom, is fine? The Heil Hitler salute is viewed worldwide as a symbol of hate. Maybe at one time, the salute was benign. Not anymore. Once it becomes a symbol of hate, it’s a symbol of hate.

I’m a teacher. I understand the work that goes into trying to make a class interesting and to capture the attention of students. But there are lines we never should cross. I teach at UAB, one of the most diverse universities in the United States, and I know that I have students of every religion (or no religion), of every background.

One problem in Mountain Brook schools, of course, is that the school system has very little diversity. It’s a system that consists of mainly white students. Still, would the school system tolerate a teacher bringing in a Confederate flag into the classroom and arguing it used to mean something other than the suppression of Black Americans?

Of course not.

We know, however, that such outrageous “lessons” by public school teachers won’t stay in the classroom. They’re going to be reported. They’re going to be in the news, far and wide. That’s as it should be.

Mountain Brook certainly had no reason to go after the student who reported the incident. That was just a CYA move by school administrators.

The student, Ephraim Tytell, who posted the brief video of the Nazi salute, was quoted in The Times of Israel: “They proceeded to tell me that I’m making Mountain Brook look bad for uploading the video and sharing it and asked me to apologize to my teacher, which I refused to. The day after, he made our class, and our class only, put up our phones and he moved me from sitting in the back of the class to right next to him.”

These folks believe that “shooting the messenger” is better than making sure their teachers understand that they must be aware that certain lessons, no matter how well-intentioned, can wound and disturb students if they come across as completely insensitive.

(full article online )

I've been going through Y. Harkabi's 1972 book, "Arab Attitudes to Israel," and this is something else:

The Jordanian English language daily, Jerusalem Times, published the following "Open Letter to Eichmann" on April 24, 1961:
Dear Eichmann,

1 address you in your glass cell to extend a word of sympathy in your present plight. German genius that has invented Sputniks and missiles and all sorts of things has failed to inspire you to avert the disaster that has befallen you.

What a pity Eichmann that you allowed those swine to arrest you and stage their drama. But don't worry Eichmann it will in the end fall on their heads.

Listen Eichmann you are accused of decimating six million of this breed. Whether this is correct or not it is not our object to debate this issue but what we like to say is this if you actually managed to liquidate six million of them and if the remaining six million have been instrumental in inflicting so much havoc and suffering on the Arabs and disgorging them from their homes we wonder what would have been the result if the decimated six million would have been allowed to survive.

It is likely that a similar drama would have been staged in another part of the Arab countries. So thatby liquidating six millions you have minimized the extent of the calamity and conferred a real blessing on humanity you can imagine dear Eichmann the feelings of the million or so of Arab refugees at this drama.

.The object of this trial is simply to attract more tourists to the occupied section and to exploit it for fund raising and for skinning the rest of mankind.

But be brave Eichmann find solace in the fact that this trial will one day culminate in the liquidation of the remaining six million to avenge your blood and the manner in which you have been kidnapped and brought to trial by the very same people who tortured and ejected a million or so from their homes.
It's pretty clear whose side the Jordanian media was on.

Harkabi brings other examples of Arab media during the trial, for example a cartoon in Lebanese paper al-Anwar of June 9, 1960 with Ben Gurion and Eichmann yelling at each other:

Ben-Gurion: "You deserve the death penalty for killing six million Jews."
Eichmann: "There are many who argue that I deserve the death penalty for not finishing the job."

As we mark the anniversary of Ilan’s death, I wish I could tell you that his murder was not in vain. I wish that I could report that this devastating crime helped the French people and all of Europe wake up to the threat of antisemitic tropes in their societies. But instead, the memory of this horrific event — seared for a time on the consciousness of France — has been fading.

We can’t let this happen. Here’s why:

The two largest Jewish communities in Europe just reported record-breaking numbers of antisemitic incidents for 2021. A dizzying number of public assaults, vandalism of Jewish institutions, insults, threats, and abuse of all sorts were inflicted on thousands of Jews in France and the United Kingdom last year. Much of it was linked to the war in May between Israel and Hamas, despite the 2,000 miles distance between Paris and Tel Aviv.

The reports by the Jewish security agencies of the two communities, SPCJ in France and the Community Security Trust (CST) in the UK, make for painful reading. In France, where 450,000 Jews live, assaults were up a stunning 36 percent. Total incidents increased 75 percent compared to the prior year.

In the United Kingdom, home to 300,000 Jews, antisemitic incidents totaled 2,255. This was a 34 percent increase from 2020 and the highest count ever tracked by CST. Violent antisemitic assaults were up 78%, reaching 176, including three categorized as “extreme violence” that easily could have resulted in deaths or severe injury.

On average, a Jewish person was attacked in the UK every other day of 2021.

Antisemitic assaults merit special attention because they harm the Jewish community twice over. The physical damage and psychological harm to the direct victims can have lifelong consequences. These attacks, though, also terrorize other members of the community. This was true in the case of Ilan Halimi. And it is just as true today.

“Terrorize” is the right word here, because antisemitic assaults on family members, friends, and even on other community members whom one might not know personally, cause fear and prompt changes in behavior.

(full article online)

How does one stop Antisemitism? Which is another word for Jew hatred .
First it was Judeophobia, and then a German Jew-hater changed the expression to Antisemitism in the 19th century. Nothing changes, It is all the same.

Many groups like to say that Jews are against Israel or against Judaism.

This one seems to be one of them. And there probably are many others, which I will post in the future.

Jew hatred may morph, but the intent is always the same.

Let us try to stop it.

Same way you stop Asian hate. Kick out all the blacks and leftists.

Problems 90% solved

Forum List

Back