Stop Calling It Marriage Equality

Yes, the constitution. Obviously you don't believe the constitution. Sad.

I've yet to see the word marriage in the Constitution. It is sad that you think it does.
No you don't see marriage in the constitution. The constitution protects all of our rights, whether the rights are enumerated or not. If you grant a right to two legal adults of the opposite sex then constitutionally you must grant the same right to two legal adults of the same sex.

This isn't rocket science, just basic constitutional law.

Thus you can't deny that right to a father/daughter

Freakshow just around the corner
You're not around the corner, you're here.

How cute, a leg humper calling a straight a freak.

Once again proving your delusion

Honestly folks, you can't make this shit up!

Isn't it interesting how those who think being with someone having the same parts is normal but being with someone the manner in which those parts were designed to work is a freak?

Some RWs are against nanny state type laws right up until they're for it.

Defining the marriage contract is not a "nanny state type law."

Fining a baker for not baking a cake? THAT'S a nanny state type law.

are you ranting about the bakers again?

no one is allowed to be subjected to bigotry when someone runs a business offering public accommodation.

or do we need to explain it to yet again?

It's not a rant, its point you assholes out as the jackbooted thugs you are under your veneer of "fairness"

Getting the government to recognize that right is not a battle that needs to be fought without someone to fight it on behalf of. I would still like one of you to explain why the only people who seem inordinately interested in the government recognizing peoples' "right" to engage in polygamous, or incestuous marriages are the very people who would oppose the government recognizing someone's right to engage in incestuous, or polygamous marriage, were someone to actually step forward to demand that recognition.

I don't support incestuous marriages. However, if the supporters of the homos argue based on equality then deny support for those types, they are hypocritical.
You conflate support for an ideological concept with no real world application, to fighting for recognition of actual people to make their own personal choices. Allow me to be clear: I support the ideological concept of marriage equality - including that of incestuous marriage, and polygamy. I will not waste my time trying to gain government recognition of that view until, and unless, someone, like the "homos" you so despise, comes forward wishing to practice such.

The only thing you support is two homos marrying not equality.

By the way, bolding words does nothing for you cause.

homos?

that's what you think passes for civil discourse?
Wow, civil discourse?......never happen.

Because the same primative hatred that even causes someone to be anti gay, keeps them basically angry about everything. Making them perfect Republicans.

Seems those who think I should respond in a manner they like are the primitive ones.
Thinking I should do it a certain way because you demand it shows a low level of intelligence and a character level of a whiny bitch.

The same sex argument, so the supporters say, is about equality. They argue that consenting adults that want to marry should be able to marry. However, pose to them types of marriages they don’t agree with and they suddenly find plenty of excuses as to why equality of marriage shouldn’t exist in those cases. Hypocrites.

Because bestiality etc are not constitutional, which I know you believe, yet you get mad when folks agree with you about that.
Change can be easily limited.

Simplify marriage laws by allowing marriage between 2 adults.

What anti gay marriage folks never grasp is the concept that restricting marriage to one man and one woman, is adding to existing laws that don't mention the possibility that gay folks would enter into one. Gay marriage bans actually change the legal definition of marriage.

My State's laws say marriage is defined as being between a man and a woman. That means the homos that want to make it otherwise are wanting to redefine the legal definition of where rules related to marriage should exist.

Your state's definition is unconstitutional.
Not when the Constitution doesn't give the fedeovernment authority over marriage but reserves it to the State which made it.
Unfortunatly the constitution hasn't been able to prevent certain states from oppressing minorities, and the same chronic abusers seem to make up the old confederacy

homos?

Not interested in whether or not you think I'm politically correct or civil. I wasn't put on this earth to do things because they suit you. You don't have to like how I express myself. You have two options if you don't: You can either get over it or tough shit.

that whole "political correctness" rant is just a bigot's way of whining about the fact that what they believe isn't acceptable in normal society.

You should really reconsider your usage of the word "normal"

no. you're so far to the extremes, you and your little loony toon friends, that I have no need to do that, little boy

I'm not the one whining about how someone else expresses an opinion BITCH

Because bestiality etc are not constitutional, which I know you believe, yet you get mad when folks agree with you about that.

What anti gay marriage folks never grasp is the concept that restricting marriage to one man and one woman, is adding to existing laws that don't mention the possibility that gay folks would enter into one. Gay marriage bans actually change the legal definition of marriage.

My State's laws say marriage is defined as being between a man and a woman. That means the homos that want to make it otherwise are wanting to redefine the legal definition of where rules related to marriage should exist.

Not when the Constitution doesn't give the fedeovernment authority over marriage but reserves it to the State which made it.
Unfortunatly the constitution hasn't been able to prevent certain states from oppressing minorities, and the same chronic abusers seem to make up the old confederacy

You can't oppress someone when there is not right on what they claim is being oppressed.

I don't support incestuous marriages. However, if the supporters of the homos argue based on equality then deny support for those types, they are hypocritical.
You conflate support for an ideological concept with no real world application, to fighting for recognition of actual people to make their own personal choices. Allow me to be clear: I support the ideological concept of marriage equality - including that of incestuous marriage, and polygamy. I will not waste my time trying to gain government recognition of that view until, and unless, someone, like the "homos" you so despise, comes forward wishing to practice such.

homos?

Because the same primative hatred that even causes someone to be anti gay, keeps them basically angry about everything. Making them perfect Republicans.

Seems those who think I should respond in a manner they like are the primitive ones.
Thinking I should do it a certain way because you demand it shows a low level of intelligence and a character level of a whiny bitch.
Only someone who is angry about everything would throw that kind of low brow insult around.

You can't oppress someone when there is not right on what they claim is being oppressed.
What?...that doesn't make sense

homos?

Only someone who is angry about everything would throw that kind of low brow insult around.

Only a puss like you would demand someone express an opinion in a manner that suits you. Only a low brow coward demands someone do it in a manner he/she likes.

I can't speak for Luddly, but I have said repeatedly, "yes". However, I find it rather amusing that not one single person has come forward to actually demand the "right" to marry a close relative, or to engage in polygamy. The only people who seem inordinately interested in peoples' "right" to engage in polygamous, or incestuous marriages are the very people who would oppose someone's right to engage in incestuous, or polygamous marriage, were someone to actually step forward to demand that right. Someone really needs to tell me why that is...

Since polygamous marriages actually exist, your statement that no one has is wrong.
Here in the United States? Really? Would you care to support that with references? The right does exist.
Exercising a right and the right being in place aren't the same thing. If you think they are, you would have to claim that every same sex couple will get married.
Getting the government to recognize that right is not a battle that needs to be fought without someone to fight it on behalf of. I would still like one of you to explain why the only people who seem inordinately interested in the government recognizing peoples' "right" to engage in polygamous, or incestuous marriages are the very people who would oppose the government recognizing someone's right to engage in incestuous, or polygamous marriage, were someone to actually step forward to demand that recognition.

Incest and polygamy is acceptable because it's the only way I get benefits while humping another dudes ass.
Quote for me where I said that. If you cannot debate without fabricating my positions, then you should just shut up, so you don't look stupid.

Sorry you're so stupid you can't understand simple concepts. If there isn't a right to something you claim, you can't claim a right is being oppressed.

homos?

Only a puss like you would demand someone express an opinion in a manner that suits you. Only a low brow coward demands someone do it in a manner he/she likes.
Who made you feel helpless during your life? That's probably why you're acting out.

Most abused people lash out that way. There are very few real homophobes, just people with crappy lives and tons of emotional baggage

Sorry you're so stupid you can't understand simple concepts. If there isn't a right to something you claim, you can't claim a right is being oppressed.
Say, this, what you wrote again, only out loud, to somebody else

"when there is not right on what they claim is being oppressed."

Say, this, what you wrote again, only out loud, to somebody else

"when there is not right on what they claim is being oppressed."

Since marriage isn't a right, claiming that someone is oppressing you because they won't let homos get married is a false claim. You can't claim oppression of a right for something that isn't one.

homos?

sad, isn't it? you'd think that at this point everyone would know a friend or family member who's gay and be used to it. *shakes head*

homos?

Who made you feel helpless during your life? That's probably why you're acting out.

Most abused people lash out that way. There are very few real homophobes, just people with crappy lives and tons of emotional baggage

I've been married for 22 years to a woman as it should be. I have two children, both of whom are normal heterosexuals. I am the number two person where I work. I support myself and my family while being forced to support freeloaders with what should be staying with me. Lots of other successes. Hardly a crappy life.

homos?

sad, isn't it? you'd think that at this point everyone would know a friend or family member who's gay and be used to it. *shakes head*

I don't have gay friends and nothing to do with family members that are.

homos?

I don't have gay friends and nothing to do with family members that are.

so you're a jackass in real life, too.

thanks.

Would you please stop re-writing history to suit your agenda. Marriage in this Country has always been between a man and a woman. There are no examples of same sex people applying for marriage licenses AS same sex couples prior to the past 20 years.
What people applied for has nothing to do with how the law was written. The fact is that the law was written with no such restriction. You are not arguing the definition of the law, or the words; you are arguing the actions of the people. Those are two very different things. Guess what? Interracial couples didn't apply for marriage licenses before 50 years ago. However, when the law was attempted to be changed so that there were racial limitations, the people attempting to change the meaning of the words were told, "Sorry, just because no one did it before, doesn't mean that the words don't mean what they mean".

Same here. Just because no one did it before doesn't mean that the words do not mean what they mean. Thus adding a limiting phrase, in order to alter the definition was something you guys did. The rest of us just want the definition changed back to what it was before your meddling.

You guys? Do you mean those of us that support the normal version of marriage not two homos trying to make it as if what they want comes anywhere close to it.
Yes. I mean you moralistic zealots, who feel you have the right to demand, by altering the the law, that people behave according to your personal moral beliefs.

In the end, when us moralistic types turn our heads and walk away from all perversion, the world will be a far far better place?

Rigggghhhhttttttttt
I don't even know what the Hell that means, but okay...

homos?

Not interested in whether or not you think I'm politically correct or civil. I wasn't put on this earth to do things because they suit you. You don't have to like how I express myself. You have two options if you don't: You can either get over it or tough shit.
Hey hetero! I'm sorry that you are frightened by gay people.

Laughing at, and scared of are two completely different things.

if you were "laughing at" them, you wouldn't spend so much of your time talking about them. you'd just shut your stupid mouth and sit back bemused.

The best comedians try to get audience participation

Good job Jillian!

Forum List

Back