Stop calling transgender issues gay issues.

Well, to normal people a guy in a skirt is pretty fucking gay. Come on. Most people still understand the importance gender plays in life, you can't bully them out of it.

You can't bully them out of it...I'm sure you have no idea just how incredibly ironic your statement is...

Has someone hurts your feelings sometime in your life freak?

Of course, hasn't everyone had someone hurt their feelings at some point in their lives? If they haven't, they have psychological issues and are probably serial killers.

But that has nothing to do with how ironic the weasel fellow's post is. "You can't bully them out of it". Seriously, you can't make this shit up.

If someone hurts your feelings, that's a problem you have. It can't happen unless YOU allow it to happen. Don't think because you have those types of problems that everyone does. You freaks are too sensitive.

I keep seeing this talk about the "anti-gay" bill that requires people to use bathrooms based on the gender on their BC. I'm sick and tired of it. It's not an anti-gay bill. It has nothing to do with gay rights or gay people.

I have been a lifelong advocate for same sex marriage rights. I first became aware of this issue as a child, nearly 30 years ago. I have always been in favor of same sex marriage rights. Even as my father tried to "explain" to his grade school aged son why it was "wrong." I never, at any time in my life, for even a moment bought the bullshit notion that gay people should be inhibited to live their lives peaceably in marriage.

In all the long years that have followed, during which I have passionately defended this position to anyone who has ever tried to speak against it, sometimes losing friends along the way, and in one case losing a job when I spoke out against homophobic talk from the boss, I have heard every single argument trying to justify prohibitions against same sex marriage; every single argument is bullshit and has always been bullshit. And perhaps the most prevalent, and the most faulty, has been the slippery slope argument. "If we normalize gay marriage, next thing you know we're going to have human-goat marriage" I have repudiated that argument a million times. I have explained the folly of slippery slope reasoning nearly as many.

But now we see the other side, after years of pushing back against slippery slope reasoning, actively employing in an attempt to ride the momentum of the recent legal battles in favor of same sex marriage into an entirely separate and distinct issue. Those of you who are doing it, I say this: STOP! You are doing immeasurable harm to both issues. Your mindlessness is doing more harm across wide reaching issues.
What's the difference? As far as the federal government's concern let people marry whatever they want, whomever they want, as many as they want…
A goat, fence post or 20 other Mormons it makes no difference... Lol
Political correctness has made marriage a meaningless institution.

is that really the kind of society you want to live in? man/goat, woman/dog, parent/child, man/fence post, 6men/9 women, Really?
It's a states issue not the federal governments, The federal government has zero credibility and no morality to be an authority on such issues...

Like SwimExpert, I believe same sex marriages should receive the identical government cash and prizes as opposite sex marriages.

And like SwimExpert, I think the transgender issue is a separate thing.

Call me wrong or right, but I have children and I do not want someone born as a male entering the same bathroom as my daughters, period. Nor do I want someone born as a female entering the same bathroom as my sons.

Go ahead and kick me off the rainbow. I don't care.

I keep seeing this talk about the "anti-gay" bill that requires people to use bathrooms based on the gender on their BC. I'm sick and tired of it. It's not an anti-gay bill. It has nothing to do with gay rights or gay people.

I have been a lifelong advocate for same sex marriage rights. I first became aware of this issue as a child, nearly 30 years ago. I have always been in favor of same sex marriage rights. Even as my father tried to "explain" to his grade school aged son why it was "wrong." I never, at any time in my life, for even a moment bought the bullshit notion that gay people should be inhibited to live their lives peaceably in marriage.

In all the long years that have followed, during which I have passionately defended this position to anyone who has ever tried to speak against it, sometimes losing friends along the way, and in one case losing a job when I spoke out against homophobic talk from the boss, I have heard every single argument trying to justify prohibitions against same sex marriage; every single argument is bullshit and has always been bullshit. And perhaps the most prevalent, and the most faulty, has been the slippery slope argument. "If we normalize gay marriage, next thing you know we're going to have human-goat marriage" I have repudiated that argument a million times. I have explained the folly of slippery slope reasoning nearly as many.

But now we see the other side, after years of pushing back against slippery slope reasoning, actively employing in an attempt to ride the momentum of the recent legal battles in favor of same sex marriage into an entirely separate and distinct issue. Those of you who are doing it, I say this: STOP! You are doing immeasurable harm to both issues. Your mindlessness is doing more harm across wide reaching issues.
It’s true God wants us to right the world as best we can. But not by promoting “if it feels good do it” at all costs.

Endorsing gay marriage is an affront to natural moral law and is an endorsement that being gay is just as good and normal as whatever else one may fancy. It is not. It makes man God. Whatever we decide is good is the rule of the land. There is no honor or sacrifice or virtue in that kind of a world.

Gays can have it pretty good in this nation without having to have to call themselves married. They can have a legal contract with all the govt benefits. If that is so horrifying to you and such a burden, then take a look around and start concentrating on the truly great sufferings most of the world endures instead. God will favor you far more for that.

Gay marriage is wrong just as legalized abortion is wrong. So is adultery.

Such unresolved conviction from phrases and concepts that sound completely made up, usually a symptom of having a personal jesus, but to each his own, and whatever helps one sleep at night. 'Natural moral law' only seems to exist in the minds of the faithful and doesn't have much teeth here in reality. I'm much more suspicious of the motives of an individual that posits 'morality' arguments than those that refrain from doing so.

Heterosexuality, a certain skin color, gender, etc. doesn't equate superiority. Any arguments trying to support these concepts stem from either personal bigotry or are just severely ill informed. In short, it's a simplistic thought process that is quite childlike.

I think it seems such a waste of time and energy to be so hung up on something so trivial, like one word. The faithful seem to want exclusive ownership over the word marriage. I think they pick fruitless battles. But fine, call it 'civil union', or whatever. But would that be satisfactory? Probably not, because the faithful will always be out to prove superiority in a different way. Religious extremism will always be a danger to society. This seemingly trivial issue is no different.

It’s true God wants us to right the world as best we can. But not by promoting “if it feels good do it” at all costs.

Endorsing gay marriage is an affront to natural moral law and is an endorsement that being gay is just as good and normal as whatever else one may fancy. It is not. It makes man God. Whatever we decide is good is the rule of the land. There is no honor or sacrifice or virtue in that kind of a world.

Gays can have it pretty good in this nation without having to have to call themselves married. They can have a legal contract with all the govt benefits. If that is so horrifying to you and such a burden, then take a look around and start concentrating on the truly great sufferings most of the world endures instead. God will favor you far more for that.

Gay marriage is wrong just as legalized abortion is wrong. So is adultery.

Such unresolved conviction from phrases and concepts that sound completely made up, usually a symptom of having a personal jesus, but to each his own, and whatever helps one sleep at night. 'Natural moral law' only seems to exist in the minds of the faithful and doesn't have much teeth here in reality. I'm much more suspicious of the motives of an individual that posits 'morality' arguments than those that refrain from doing so.

Heterosexuality, a certain skin color, gender, etc. doesn't equate superiority. Any arguments trying to support these concepts stem from either personal bigotry or are just severely ill informed. In short, it's a simplistic thought process that is quite childlike.

I think it seems such a waste of time and energy to be so hung up on something so trivial, like one word. The faithful seem to want exclusive ownership over the word marriage. I think they pick fruitless battles. But fine, call it 'civil union', or whatever. But would that be satisfactory? Probably not, because the faithful will always be out to prove superiority in a different way. Religious extremism will always be a danger to society. This seemingly trivial issue is no different.
Trivial, perhaps, but only to one who does not believe in God or has no interest in what God cares about.

As far as the faithful possessing rightful objections and partaking in the political and legislative processes, I do not see where your wishes, or those of the heathen, should be considered of greater value or importance than ours?

So I am here to tell you or whoever that their ideas or opinions that man has the right to marry another man or that man has the right to do a lot of unseemly acts is not the business of that man alone. He is part of society and society governs the acts of the individual when necessitated.

Abortion is against natural moral law. If you want to argue the phrase be my guest. But I believe mankind is born with a moral conscience on some affairs and murder is innately wrong. As is stealing or injuring an innocent man.

Now I personally find the homosexual act to be unnatural as I might argue are other sexual practices. But if you want to say there is nothing inherently wrong with it, then fine, you might win on that score. So I will change the line of argument to say it is offensive to the Creator and forbidden by the creator. And for man to openly defy God by being a sinful creature, grave consequences often follow.

Again, you will say, so what, we do not care what your religion teaches. And I will respond I already know that. Therefore, we Christians will engage in the democratic process and attempt to elect officials that will rule in our favor. Obviously, we have lost many serious battles on that score, legal abortion being chief among them. But for you or anyone else to suggest our public objections and attempts to stop gay marriage are wrong makes no sense to me. They are just as right and allowed as are your opinions and efforts. If you do not like the laws, we all have the right to move or freedom to disobey them.

Gay marriage corrupts the society in which we live. It promotes and expands the practice to greater society which is an abomination to God. Do not expect us to change our position on that.

You referring to that as "religious extremism" is a loaded statement all on its own. As though you have discovered some eternal balance that allows for a lot of fooling around and makes us who object the enemies of goodness.

(Thanks for your response.)

Last edited:
Like SwimExpert, I believe same sex marriages should receive the identical government cash and prizes as opposite sex marriages.

Call me wrong or right, but I have children and I do not want someone born as a male entering the same bathroom as my daughters, period. Nor do I want someone born as a female entering the same bathroom as my sons.

So you want this individual in there with them? (Birth certificate says female)

Loren-Cameron-sq.jpg

Loren-Cameron-sq.jpg
She still has to sit down to pee.

Trivial, perhaps, but only to one who does not believe in God or has no interest in what God cares about.

As far as the faithful possessing rightful objections and partaking in the political and legislative processes, I do not see where your wishes, or those of the heathen, should be considered of greater value or importance than ours?

Objectively, they shouldn't. But this place doesn't deal in objectivity too often...

So I am here to tell you or whoever that their ideas or opinions that man has the right to marry another man or that man has the right to do a lot of unseemly acts is not the business of that man alone. He is part of society and society governs the acts of the individual when necessitated.

Yes, and society doesn't see it as a big deal. This in turn infuriates some of the faithful.

Abortion is against natural moral law. If you want to argue the phrase be my guest. But I believe mankind is born with a moral conscience on some affairs and murder is innately wrong. As is stealing or injuring an innocent man.

I only argue the phrase 'natural moral law' because it seems meaningless to me, like an ambiguous stringing of unrelated words to seem more PC. Saying ' because my god/religion/faith forbids it' like you do below seems a bit more straight forward and honest, IMO.

Now I personally find the homosexual act to be unnatural as I might argue are other sexual practices. But if you want to say there is nothing inherently wrong with it, then fine, you might win on that score. So I will change the line of argument to say it is offensive to the Creator and forbidden by the creator.

Fair enough.

And for man to openly defy God by being a sinful creature, grave consequences often follow.

*sigh* This seems like something your ilk so often loves to remind 'others' about... Honestly, who do you feel this information benefits more? The heathen or the believer?

Again, you will say, so what, we do not care what your religion teaches. And I will respond I already know that. Therefore, we Christians will engage in the democratic process and attempt to elect officials that will rule in our favor. Obviously, we have lost many serious battles on that score, legal abortion being chief among them.

Well, that's how the game is played. There will always be victories and losses in politics. I feel the battles are important.

But for you or anyone else to suggest our public objections and attempts to stop gay marriage are wrong makes no sense to me. They are just as right and allowed as are your opinions and efforts. If you do not like the laws, we all have the right to move or freedom to disobey them.

Yep. Ain't freedom grand?

Gay marriage corrupts the society in which we live. It promotes and expands the practice to greater society which is an abomination to God. Do not expect us to change our position on that.

I will only say this: while I respect your position, do not expect me to change my opposition to your position. However, change is the only constant in the universe, so we could both be wrong.

You referring to that as "religious extremism" is a loaded statement all on its own. As though you have discovered some eternal balance that allows for a lot of fooling around and we are the enemies of goodness.

Maybe you are. I wouldn't be so bold to make such a distinction.

(Thank you!)

Last edited:

Loren-Cameron-sq.jpg
She still has to sit down to pee.

No, I'm pretty sure he's had the surgery, but he was born female. Where is it written that a man must stand to pee?

How about we let people pee in the bathroom of the gender they feel they are?

No one can come up with a SINGLE incident of anyone being harassed or a child harmed by a trans man or woman using the restroom of their choice.

What's the difference? As far as the federal government's concern let people marry whatever they want, whomever they want, as many as they want…
A goat, fence post or 20 other Mormons it makes no difference... Lol
Political correctness has made marriage a meaningless institution.

is that really the kind of society you want to live in? man/goat, woman/dog, parent/child, man/fence post, 6men/9 women, Really?
It's a states issue not the federal governments, The federal government has zero credibility and no morality to be an authority on such issues...

I agree that each state should decide, but you dodged the question on what kind of society you want to live in

Objectively, they shouldn't. But this place doesn't deal in objectivity too often...

Yes, and society doesn't see it as a big deal. This in turn infuriates some of the faithful.

I only argue the phrase 'natural moral law' because it seems meaningless to me, like an ambiguous stringing of unrelated words to seem more PC. Saying ' because my god/religion/faith forbids it' like you do below seems a bit more straight forward and honest, IMO.

Now I personally find the homosexual act to be unnatural as I might argue are other sexual practices. But if you want to say there is nothing inherently wrong with it, then fine, you might win on that score. So I will change the line of argument to say it is offensive to the Creator and forbidden by the creator.

Fair enough.

And for man to openly defy God by being a sinful creature, grave consequences often follow.

*sigh* This seems like something your ilk so often loves to remind 'others' about... Honestly, who do you feel this information benefits more? The heathen or the believer?

Again, you will say, so what, we do not care what your religion teaches. And I will respond I already know that. Therefore, we Christians will engage in the democratic process and attempt to elect officials that will rule in our favor. Obviously, we have lost many serious battles on that score, legal abortion being chief among them.

Well, that's how the game is played. There will always be victories and losses in politics. I feel the battles are important.

But for you or anyone else to suggest our public objections and attempts to stop gay marriage are wrong makes no sense to me. They are just as right and allowed as are your opinions and efforts. If you do not like the laws, we all have the right to move or freedom to disobey them.

Yep. Ain't freedom grand?

I will only say this: while I respect your position, do not expect me to change my opposition to your position. However, change is the only constant in the universe, so we could both be wrong.

You referring to that as "religious extremism" is a loaded statement all on its own. As though you have discovered some eternal balance that allows for a lot of fooling around and we are the enemies of goodness.

Maybe you are. I wouldn't be so bold to make such a distinction.

(Thank you!)
[me: As far as the faithful possessing rightful objections and partaking in the political and legislative processes, I do not see where your wishes, or those of the heathen, should be considered of greater value or importance than ours?]

>>Objectively, they shouldn't. But this place doesn't deal in objectivity too often...

Right. Not many level playing fields.

>>Yes, and society doesn't see it (gay marriage) as a big deal. This in turn infuriates some of the faithful.

Infuriates suggests we are intolerant. Not so. I believe we are more saddened than anything else and try to rectify for the good of all. Doesn’t come off that way, I know that.

>>I only argue the phrase 'natural moral law' because it seems meaningless to me, like an ambiguous stringing of unrelated words to seem more PC. Saying ' because my god/religion/faith forbids it' like you do below seems a bit more straight forward and honest, IMO.

Agreed. The former point can be discarded. The latter point simply puts forth the proposition If God exists, then we have a valid and important matter to consider. So the risk is now on the unbeliever to justify their position to God why the evidence for God and which One was weak, causing them to make no serious changes in their lives --- if and when it comes to that day.

[me: And for man to openly defy God by being a sinful creature, grave consequences often follow.]

>> *sigh* This seems like something your ilk so often loves to remind 'others' about... Honestly, who do you feel this information benefits more? The heathen or the believer?

Well both or neither, I guess. Let us look at this another way. Where does the heathen get his information on what Christianity is all about? Mostly from opponents of Christianity in the news or on these boards. He will never be properly informed that way alone, nor is it very likely he will pursue other avenues that are more evidence producing or honest --- that is, once this person has matured and already made some fundamental decisions in his life. So we are limited in making our case.

>>I will only say this (gay marriage): while I respect your position, do not expect me to change my opposition to your position. However, change is the only constant in the universe, so we could both be wrong.

Yes, on this we could both be wrong. Not on certain other eternal matters though. (imo)
Actually, I am far more sympathetic to the gay condition than anyone here would grant me, but I have posted those reasons before so I am on record.

[me: You referring to that as "religious extremism" is a loaded statement all on its own. As though you have discovered some eternal balance that allows for a lot of fooling around and we are the enemies of goodness.]

>>Maybe you are. I wouldn't be so bold to make such a distinction.

I think you possess some welcome virtues. But then, I could be wrong again. : )

Last edited:
>>Yes, and society doesn't see it (gay marriage) as a big deal. This in turn infuriates some of the faithful.

Infuriates suggests we are intolerant. Not so. I believe we are more saddened than anything else and try to rectify for the good of all. Doesn’t come off that way, I know that.

No, it really doesn't. I would say the more extremist of your mindset are pretty damned intolerant and have a strong aversion to *any* alternative points of view. Please note: I'm not lumping you personally into this predicament, and hopefully you can concede that this never translates well into having a rational debate about the subject. The consequence has a rather negative effect of alienating, which tends to further divide us as a society. However, the same can and will be said of extremism overall. Religious fanaticism tends to taint everything it touches, and unfortunately we are seeing its negative effects affecting the world in general in the form of terrorist attacks around the globe. I can only hope us humans can pull our heads out of our collective asses and realise some common ground before we do something *really* stupid and ruin everything for all of us.

The latter point simply puts forth the proposition If God exists, then we have a valid and important matter to consider. So the risk is now on the unbeliever to justify their position to God why the evidence for God and which One was weak, causing them to make no serious changes in their lives --- if and when it comes to that day.

Respectfully, this is far from my first rodeo addressing the subject of religion and I'm no spring chicken to the topic. :) At my age, the outlook tends to lean towards what you might find boring, emotionless, logical, objective and scientific. Though I respect the passion and opinions of the devout, in reality I have little patience for anecdotes alluding to 'proving' the existence of the supernatural. It just hasn't been much of a priority to me for decades. Thus, I guess you can say I'm just not too 'spiritual' of a dude. :) However, I also respect the phrase 'to each his own.'

As humans at our current level of technological ability, I believe we have developed a coherent understanding of the models of our own reality. Physics allows us at least a basic understanding of our physical environment within the universe. There are elements that logically fit into our reality (molecular makeup, DNA, sight, touch, research, analysis, etc.), and elements that require further hypothesis, peer review and replication to become an acceptable alternative in said models. I believe injection of the supernatural into said models will always require the latter and the evidence will always be scientifically unappealing since it solely relies upon the anecdotal. Eyewitness testimony is rarely reliable, but I'm sure you already know that. Thus, my interest in such things has been fairly limited for quite some time. I also understand this is purely a personal bias. Others' mileage will of course vary.

I concede that mankind, or science, doesn't have all the answers, nor should we, or it, ever claim to. That's just fine by me. But we (at least, some of us) seem to be in constant pursuit of knowledge, which gives me a 'hope' for the future of our species. It is a positive outlook that you might find it akin to the 'faith' of the believer as long as you can understand that I find language to be very important. Communication is key to our survival. Our words mean things. I feel we don't appreciate this enough.

That being said, I usually reject the notion that the injection of the anecdotal (I.E. the supernatural) into our said models of human reality requires the objective observer to 'prove' its non-existence. It's a completely illogical model of reality. The burden of proof should always fall on the shoulders of the individual injecting said concept into said model. Never the other way round. I hope I explained that coherently. Please accept my apologies if I didn't.

[me: And for man to openly defy God by being a sinful creature, grave consequences often follow.]

>> *sigh* This seems like something your ilk so often loves to remind 'others' about... Honestly, who do you feel this information benefits more? The heathen or the believer?

Well both or neither, I guess. Let us look at this another way. Where does the heathen get his information on what Christianity is all about? Mostly from opponents of Christianity in the news or on these boards. He will never be properly informed that way alone, nor is it very likely he will pursue other avenues that are more evidence producing or honest --- that is, once this person has matured and already made some fundamental decisions in his life. So we are limited in making our case.

I think this is a fair enough assumption, and probably not too far off the mark for many. However, don't be so obtuse as to think that others haven't really thought out your philosophy. For example, I personally come from a background of being a really 'good' fundamental Christian vessel for most of my boyhood. I will also concede that many foundations of many societies, both past and present, are a direct result of the religious tendencies of humans. That's simply a fact. Human nature, if you will. All one needs to do is study our history to understand this. It would be utterly stupid for me to trivialize the importance of religion in the development of human societies.

However, none of this is what I consider 'groundbreaking evidence' that what you believe in is the end-all-be-all 'truth', either.

I am a person that has studied world religion in my later years. I understand humans have exposed each other to religion and the supernatural since our inception via our stories, I.E. history. I even concede that much of my own personal 'information' must be rooted from some sort of theological foundation that has branched out onto whatever I now believe due to the acquisition of even more knowledge, and will never posit that the link between religion and society is inconsequential. It certainly isn't. Religion and society have been intertwined for centuries. It has been the basis of our laws, our governments and even the status quo in certain situations.

That said, I've learned a lot of fundamental things about Christianity, and I'm still unconvinced. Whose fault is that? The believer will say it's my 'cross to bear' (pun intended). I say I simply still don't believe the hype. Do with that information what you will.

[me: You referring to that as "religious extremism" is a loaded statement all on its own. As though you have discovered some eternal balance that allows for a lot of fooling around and we are the enemies of goodness.]

>>Maybe you are. I wouldn't be so bold to make such a distinction.

I think you possess some welcome virtues. But then, I could be wrong again. : )

Welp, I *really* appreciate your input too, and I believe you to be a hell of a decent fellow. So, be well, fellow human. :) I'd never hate on ya like some of the mouth-breathing responses I've seen here. I have really appreciated your input, and hope you understand mine. Have a great day!

Last edited:

How would you know?

Forum List

Back