Strike for $15.00 an hour, Sub shop fires everybody

[

If the shop is open they are compliant with regulations. They have to be so they are doing it right.

They pay their help what the job is worth.

If you think the job is worth more then every time you buy a sandwich give the guy making it a $15 tip or employ them yourself.

That's right. They are COMPLIANT with regulations.

And when the regulations says, "You have to pay the hired help a living wage", they'd better fucking comply with that as well.

They surely would, or take another option and fire them all. Automate the place, have no employees.

[

If the shop is open they are compliant with regulations. They have to be so they are doing it right.

If you think the job is worth more then every time you buy a sandwich give the guy making it a $15 tip or employ them yourself.

And when the regulations says, "You have to pay the hired help a living wage", they'd better fucking comply with that as well.

They surely would, or take another option and fire them all. Automate the place, have no employees.

Psssst: Don't make this too complicated, don't point out how business has to react to regulations and costs and myriad other issues. Joe doesn't know the first thing about running a business, nor does he care to.

[

Chances are those bun stuffers are already getting more than minimum wage so the employer is exceeding the law.

If you don't like it then feel free to hand your bun stuffer a 20 dollar bill as a tip.

But you don't want to pay 30 dollars for a sandwich do you? You don't want to pay 15 an hour for someone to make you a PB and J with the crusts cut off do you?

No you want to bitch and moan about other people while you do nothing.

[

Chances are those bun stuffers are already getting more than minimum wage so the employer is exceeding the law.

If you don't like it then feel free to hand your bun stuffer a 20 dollar bill as a tip.

But you don't want to pay 30 dollars for a sandwich do you? You don't want to pay 15 an hour for someone to make you a PB and J with the crusts cut off do you?

Didn't one employee say he was making $9.50 an hour?

Didn't one employee say he was making $9.50 an hour?

Well above minimum wage.

[

^^^Bingo^^^

I feel so sorry for these folks, I'll have someone else take care of the problem for me.

[

Yeah, I'm sure that works out well. I'd totally want to eat food made by a machine.

[

I am doing something.

I am voting for people who WILL SHOVE IT SO FAR UP THE ASSES OF THE PLUTOCRATS they will think they had a colonoscopy!!!!

Done.

[

I am doing something.

I am voting for people who WILL SHOVE IT SO FAR UP THE ASSES OF THE PLUTOCRATS they will think they had a colonoscopy!!!!

Done.

That's funny.

BTW the owner of a rinky dink sandwich shop isn't a plutocrat he's a working stiff who most likely puts in more hours than you ever did at a job as well as risking his own money to open a business.

[

Psssst: Don't make this too complicated, don't point out how business has to react to regulations and costs and myriad other issues. Joe doesn't know the first thing about running a business, nor does he care to.

I probably know more the the fuckwits who gave us the worst recession in 80 years...

You see, this is the thing. My attitude is, if the Economic Right says to do something, We do THE EXACT OPPOSITE of that.

Because I don't hear a thing your side has to say anymore on this issue. Everything you said to do was wrong, why should I listen to you now?

We kept wages low, we signed free trade treaties, we deregulated the banks, and you pretty much fucked it all up. We did everything you said and we got disasterious results.

[

That's funny.

BTW the owner of a rinky dink sandwich shop isn't a plutocrat he's a working stiff who most likely puts in more hours than you ever did at a job as well as risking his own money to open a business.

Yeah, but he wants to be a plutocrat.

So this is like a plutocrat abortion.

Which I'm all for.

No he wants to work for himself and not for a dipshit like you.

He will never get rich owning a sub shop, he will most likely pay far more in taxes than you and he will give other people jobs.

All in all he's much better for society than you.

[

He will never get rich owning a sub shop, he will most likely pay far more in taxes than you and he will give other people jobs.

Not really.

The country is not better off because we have thousands of shop selling unhealthy foods to people who are too rushed making the country work to stop and prepare their own food.

[

Not really.

The country is not better off because we have thousands of shop selling unhealthy foods to people who are too rushed making the country work to stop and prepare their own food.

How do you know the food he sells in unhealthy? Even if it was he's not forcing anyone to eat it he is merely giving the people what they want.

If they don't want to eat out they don't have to that's not for you to say because it's not any of your business how other people choose to live, what they eat or do for fun now is it?

Forum List

Back