Stronger action needed to stop all of this

Kids who grow up in a diverse environment don't have that problem because they personally know other "tribes" and don't live by ignorant stereotypes. A lot of our instincts come from our past as "primates," but we've conquered a lot of them. We don't shit wherever we're standing and move on. We don't allow packs of males to mount a female who is ovulating. We severely punish those who take another life.

I don't think it's an insurmountable problem. Being aware and being educated is pretty much all that is needed. It is parents and communities that socialize the young. They absorb it like a sponge. So racism is a hard habit to break; it is passed down, whether spoken or unspoken, from one generation to the next. Some wise up and walk away from it. Too many haven't.

That is why diversity and inclusion is taught in schools.

Kids who grow up in a diverse environment don't have that problem because they personally know other "tribes" and don't live by ignorant stereotypes.

Sometimes the conflicts they experience with other "tribes" turns those ignorant stereotypes into firsthand knowledge.
Yes, and same can be said for what some of the black "tribes" learn about whites in those interactions. Are you as willing to listen to those stories? It's unfortunate when anyone applies an individual's behavior as typical of ALL people of that tribe.

We've made just about ZERO progress in the battle to end institutionalized racism over the last 250 years. Sure, slavery has ended and blacks can vote. But Republicans still focus on black voter suppression and the deep seated racism remains. Donald's doggie whistles have brought back all the hate with haters. Sad :confused:

assaultsilencer.jpg

No. There has been tremendous progress. We have black judges, cops, black wardens, black parole officers, black governors, black state reps, black members of congress etc. and so on.

Meh - Those are exceptions .. Hardly what I would call "tremendous progress" after 250 years ;)

Nope, that is progress.

This concept that ALL black people are somehow caught up in the legal system and ALL black people live in poverty and ALL black people lack an education and ALL black people seemingly have difficulty in acquiring a state ID/Driver's license is...............racist.

Nobody is claiming there hasn't been progress. Only that in 250 years, there has been very little "progress".

We've made just about ZERO progress in the battle to end institutionalized racism over the last 250 years. Sure, slavery has ended and blacks can vote. But Republicans still focus on black voter suppression and the deep seated racism remains. Donald's doggie whistles have brought back all the hate with haters. Sad :confused:

assaultsilencer.jpg

No. There has been tremendous progress. We have black judges, cops,
Are you sure they are liberals?
No I cant be sure

there are a lot of anarchists and Nihilists on these forums who basically hate everyone

and they are slippery as eels

It's like saying you are conservative and David Duke is conservative, ergo.......
Duke has some ideas that overlap conservatives

But he’s a neo nazi and KKK leader and thats incompatible with 99.99% of trump supporters

You're talking Donnie's BASE dude. Minimally 15% of tRump voters!
Prove it.

assaultsilencer.jpg

No. There has been tremendous progress. We have black judges, cops, black wardens, black parole officers, black governors, black state reps, black members of congress etc. and so on.

Meh - Those are exceptions .. Hardly what I would call "tremendous progress" after 250 years ;)

Nope, that is progress.

This concept that ALL black people are somehow caught up in the legal system and ALL black people live in poverty and ALL black people lack an education and ALL black people seemingly have difficulty in acquiring a state ID/Driver's license is...............racist.

Nobody is claiming there hasn't been progress. Only that in 250 years, there has been very little "progress".

I don't think you understand how patronizing that sounds.

The government needs to take stronger action to stop the cancer of racism. It has to start at a grassroots level where racists need to be marginalised by decent folks.
Public services should not recruit these types and they can be weeded out at the interview stage or during the initial training. Kids who have convicted racist trash as parents should be monitored to see that the disease does not jump a generation and infects the kids.
What is being done now isnt working.
..I agree--the blacks are so obsessed with race it not only destroys their own communities, but others

assaultsilencer.jpg

Nope, that is progress.

I don't think you understand how much of a white apologist YOU sound.

The government needs to take stronger action to stop the cancer of racism. It has to start at a grassroots level where racists need to be marginalised by decent folks.
Public services should not recruit these types and they can be weeded out at the interview stage or during the initial training. Kids who have convicted racist trash as parents should be monitored to see that the disease does not jump a generation and infects the kids.
We have a President who pretended not to know who David Duke is, and people who defend that. So clearly we have a long way to go.

Once Trump is gone, perhaps we'll review what happened during his presidency and learn from it. It will have to include both ends of this issue holding their own side accountable, and that's the biggest obstacle right now. Both are afraid to.
..Obama hates America/cops/whites...he has done more harm to America than any other POTUS
..Mr Trump is the first POTUS in a long time to try to help the US get better

assaultsilencer.jpg

Nope, that is progress.

Do go on.

assaultsilencer.jpg
The only hate I see is coming from you loons.

Kids who grow up in a diverse environment don't have that problem because they personally know other "tribes" and don't live by ignorant stereotypes. A lot of our instincts come from our past as "primates," but we've conquered a lot of them. We don't shit wherever we're standing and move on. We don't allow packs of males to mount a female who is ovulating. We severely punish those who take another life.

I don't think it's an insurmountable problem. Being aware and being educated is pretty much all that is needed. It is parents and communities that socialize the young. They absorb it like a sponge. So racism is a hard habit to break; it is passed down, whether spoken or unspoken, from one generation to the next. Some wise up and walk away from it. Too many haven't.

That is why diversity and inclusion is taught in schools.

Kids who grow up in a diverse environment don't have that problem because they personally know other "tribes" and don't live by ignorant stereotypes.

Sometimes the conflicts they experience with other "tribes" turns those ignorant stereotypes into firsthand knowledge.
Yes, and same can be said for what some of the black "tribes" learn about whites in those interactions. Are you as willing to listen to those stories? It's unfortunate when anyone applies an individual's behavior as typical of ALL people of that tribe.

It's unfortunate when anyone applies an individual's behavior as typical of ALL people of that tribe.

Yeah, generalities are bad, like this one.....

Kids who grow up in a diverse environment don't have that problem

assaultsilencer.jpg

Nope, that is progress.

Do go on.

Ok, I shall. In your next life I think it'd be super-cool if you were born black and poor in the inner city.
At that point, you might understand the problem. Picking oneself up by their bootstraps you might find problematic. ;)

assaultsilencer.jpg

Nope, that is progress.

Do go on.

Ok, I shall. In your next life I think it'd be super-cool if you were born black and poor in the inner city.
At that point, you might understand the problem. Picking oneself up by their bootstraps you might find problematic. ;)
I'm not suggesting a pick oneself up by the bootstraps method is the be all and end all here. I'm telling you that you cannot operate on this ALL black people are caught up in the legal system etc. and so on. There is no difference between that stance and ALL black people are criminals. None. All black people do not live in the ghetto. There are highly educated, talented, creative, successful black people that have never been arrested.

You are emoting and you have not articulated a problem. Are you familiar with Elijah Anderson? He is a Prof.
https://www.amazon.com/Elijah-Anderson/e/B001ITX626/ref=dp_byline_cont_book_1

So, some 20 years ago he did a study that dealt with a street in Philadelphia that on one end was a ghetto and at the other end was upper middle class African Americans which was in Code of the Street. He articulated multiple problems and even back then there was no monolithic subculture.

Living around nonwhites showed me their true nature...you can call it being racist all you want. I am racially aware and I know I have no interest in living among them. PERIOD.

assaultsilencer.jpg

No. There has been tremendous progress. We have black judges, cops,
Are you sure they are liberals?
No I cant be sure

there are a lot of anarchists and Nihilists on these forums who basically hate everyone

and they are slippery as eels

It's like saying you are conservative and David Duke is conservative, ergo.......
Duke has some ideas that overlap conservatives

But he’s a neo nazi and KKK leader and thats incompatible with 99.99% of trump supporters

You're talking Donnie's BASE dude. Minimally 15% of tRump voters!
Thats a lie

NOPE!! :)

deplorables_stone_0.jpg
Your silly pictures are not convincing or a substitute for real argument

You are correct.

1). Weed out all the bad apples & those with that kind of attitude.

2). Revamp the training.

3) And :"Being afraid for one's life" is NOT an excuse to kill.

Forum List

Back