Supporting Kurdish independence

The ancient kurdish medes empire. And yes, this was way before the occupiers arrived. Long before turks, arabs and even persians.
Medes+Empire.jpg
By your map and reasoning, Mongolia should stretch from Korea south to Vietnam and all the way to what you think is Kurdistan.

Seriously, what the hell are you talking about! Next time please bother to make more sence. So why the hell did you mention Mongolia?

Last edited:
The ancient kurdish medes empire. And yes, this was way before the occupiers arrived. Long before turks, arabs and even persians.
Medes+Empire.jpg
By your map and reasoning, Mongolia should stretch from Korea south to Vietnam and all the way to what you think is Kurdistan.

Seriously, what the hell are you talking about! Next time please bother to make more sence. So why the hell did you mention Mongolia?
FFS, read some history if you're going to constantly posting about it.

FFS, read some history if you're going to constantly posting about it.

I care for my own history, and i don't need to know more about mongolians in that century. This was way before their invasion of the Middle east.

Dreamboy playing Rambo with his "Online commands". Poor thing going to get hurt.

Dreamboy playing Rambo with his "Online commands". Poor thing going to get hurt.

The only dream boy is you! terrorist turk. Why don't you go get a social life and stop trolling this topix? Oh right, your a turk!
You have no right to discuss Kurdistan with us. Fact is that you should go back to central Asia, but since you refuse then allow me to show you the real borders of Kurdistan (Not the fake political sh*t)
poster-kurdistan-big.jpg

Whenever you like it not, this is Kurdistan. Our people have been split up in 4 countries, though we kept on our goal for an independent state.
Now even with all the opression of the last centery we did'nt give up, and we most certainly won't give up now.

Last edited:
To Ekrem: This is the barbarism of the turkish regime

Someday the world will open their eyes and realise who the real terrorists are.

So you fucking pussy, you just going to sit behind your computer screen and complain, or are you actually going to do something.
But my real question is: are all CheeseKurds fucking pussy retards like you? :lol:

Who am i?

who am I, you ask ?
The kurd of Kurdistan,
a lively volcano,
fire and dynamite
in the face of enemy.
When furious,
I shake the mountains,
the sparks of my anger
are death to my foes.
Who am I ?

I am in the east,
forts and castles
towns and hamlets,
rouks and boulders,
What irony, what a shameful day !
A slave I am now for blood suckers
Yet I saved the Middle East
from the Romans and the crusaders.
Who am I ?

Ask the Near East,
Ask the Middle East,
villages and towns,
plains and deserts.
They were once all mine
when by war and knowledge
I defeated rivals
to become crowned over an empire
stretching to the borders of India.
Who am I ?

I am the proud Kurd,
the enemies' enemy,
the friend of peace-loving ones.
I am of noble race,
not wild as they claim.
My mighty ancestors
were free people.
Like them I want to be free
and that is why I fight
for the enemy won't leave in peace
and I don't want to be forever oppressed.
Who am I ?

I shall free my land
from the tyrants;
from the crrupt Shah and Mollas,
from the Turkish juntas
so we may live free
like other nations,
so my gardens and meadows
are mine again;
So I can join the struggle
for the good of mankind.
Who am I ?

It was I who defeated
Richard the Lionheart
My own blood I shed
to defend these regions.
A thorn I was in my enemies' side;
in my shadow lived the Arabs, Turks and Persian;
many a king held my horse's head.
Yes I am the warrior,
I am Saladin,
the King of Egypt, Syria and Israel.
Who am I ?

I am Ardashir,
I am Noshi Rawan.
In the acient days
rivals feared my caesars
regretted my animosity.
I knew no fright;
in love with adventure;
from India to Greece
they paid me tribute.
Who am I ?

Yes, I am the Kurd,
the Kurd of Kurdistan
who is poor and oppressed today.
My castles and forts
are now demolished;
my name and my fame'
swindled by my assailants,
those who set germs into my body
to paralize my existence
making a nameless soul of me;
a nation with no friends.
Who am I?

I am the one who despite it all
remains the unyielding Kurd;
still formidable to the enemy.
The smell of dynamite is again in my nostrils
and in my heart the strong desire to erupt.
I am the fighting valiant of mountains
who is not in love with death
but for the sake of life and freedom
he sacrifices himself
so that the land of his ancestors,
the invincible Medes;
his beloved Kurdistan , may become unchained.
Who am I?

One of my ancestors was the Blacksmith Kawa
who slayed Dahak, the notorious tyrant
to break off chains from Kurdish shoulders
and save many heads from the sword and death.
The day his vicious reign ended
was called NEWROZ, the New Day.
When Newroz comes winter departs
taking with it the dark harsh times
to make place for light and warmth.
This is the time, as Zoroaster says,
the evil spirit Ahriman is defeated
at the hand of Ormazd, the god of wisdom and light.
Who am I?

I am the maker of Newroz;
again I shall become my own master,
the ruler of my land
so I may enjoy the fruits of my orchards,
relish the sacred wines of my vineyards
and put an end to a dark era
by seeking salvation in knowledge and science;
I shall make another new day
and breathe the pure air of the liberty.
Who am I?

I am Kordokh, the good old Khaldew;
I am Mitan; Nayri and Sobar;
the son of Lo Lo; Kardok and Kodi;
I am the Mede, the Gosh, Hori and Gudi;
I am the Kurmanc, Kelhor; Lor and Gor;
yes, I have always been and remain the Kurd.
Despite centuries of suppression
in a country by force divided.
Who am I?

I am the son of Lor, Kelhor and Kurmanc
who have lost crown and reign
to become powerless,
betrayed in the name of religion
to carry rosaries in their hands
duped by the rulers,
deprived of might and wealth,
fighting each other, divided and torn
while my oppressed Kurdistan,
my wretched Kurdistan
remains prossessed.
Who am I?

The son of the Kurdish nation
awaken from deep sleep,
marching forward,
proud as a lion
wanting the whole world to know;
I shall struggle and continue the path to freedom;
I shall learn from great men,
Like Marx and Lenin.
I make a vow to my ancestors,
to Salar, Shergo and Deysem,
that this of mine will remain vigorous, unyielding, stronger than death.
Let it be kown;
I announce with no fear;
Liberty is my goal;
I shall advance in this path.
Who am I ?

I am not blood thirsty;
no, I adore peace.
Noble were my ancestors;
sincere are my leaders,
We don't ask for war but demand equality
but our enemies are the ones who betray and lie.
Friendship I seek and offer my hands
to all friendy nations.
Long live Kurdistan;
death to the oppressor!!!

poem by Cigerxwin (1903-1984)

Last edited:
ISTANBUL,— Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Sunday Ankara would consider bringing back capital punishment in terror related crimes, a decade after it abolished the practice.

“The authority (to forgive a killer) belongs to the family of the slain, not to us,” Erdogan was quoted as saying by Anatolia news agency.

“We need to make necessary adjustments.” Given that the death penalty existed in China, Japan, Russia and the United States, Turkey needed to review its position, he said.

Already last week, the premier had raised the issue, citing popular support for such a move over the case of Abdullah Ocalan, the jailed leader of Turkey’s armed Kurdish rebellion.

Ocalan was charged with treason and sentenced to hang in 1999. But the sentence was commuted to life imprisonment in October 2002 after Turkey abolished the death penalty under pressure from the EU, which Ankara wants to join.

Erdogan’s suggestion to put the issue of the death penalty on parliament’s agenda comes amid a hunger strike by some 700 Kurdish prisoners. They want better jail conditions for Ocalan, who has been kept in solitary confinement for a year and a half, and the lifting of restrictions on the use of Kurdish language.

Some of those protesting have been fasting for 61 days but Erdogan has dismissed the protest as “a show, blackmail, bluff.” On Saturday, several lawmakers from the parliament’s pro-Kurdish Peace and Democracy Party (BDP) joined the hunger strike.

Since it was established in 1984, the PKK has been fighting the Turkish state, which still denies the constitutional existence of Kurds, to establish a Kurdish state in the south east of the country. By 2012, more than 45,000 people have since been killed.

But now its aim is the creation an autonomous region and more cultural rights for ethnic Kurds who constitute the greatest minority in Turkey. A large Turkey's Kurdish community, numbering to 23 million, openly sympathise with PKK rebels.

The PKK wants constitutional recognition for the Kurds, regional self-governance and Kurdish-language education in schools.

PKK's demands included releasing PKK detainees, lifting the ban on education in Kurdish, paving the way for an autonomous democrat Kurdish system within Turkey, reducing pressure on the detained PKK leader Abdullah Öcalan, stopping military action against the Kurdish party and recomposing the Turkish constitution.

The rebels have scaled back their demands for more political autonomy for the Kurds.

Turkey refuses to recognize its Kurdish population as a distinct minority. It has allowed some cultural rights such as limited broadcasts in the Kurdish language and private Kurdish language courses with the prodding of the European Union, but Kurdish politicians say the measures fall short of their expectations.

Copyright ©, respective author or news agency, AFP | Ekurd.net | Agencies

try to ignore the arab parts:

The widely-published AP report by Mohammed Daraghmeh on October 29th announced that Arabs were preparing to once again push for creating their 22nd state in the United Nations. It cannot be stated too often that this would be their second, not first, created in the original April 25, 1920 Mandate of Palestine. What is now Jordan sits on almost 80% of that territory since its creation in 1922. That Arabs claim that Jews were given all or most of the land is nothing short of a blatant lie.

Arabs are firm believers that everywhere their own prior (and continuing) imperial, colonial conquests took them after they burst out of the Arabian Peninsula in the 7th century C.E. entitles Arabs to create states solely for themselves on all of those forcibly Arabized lands. In order to further this goal, the very languages and cultures of scores of millions of native, non-Arab, subjugated peoples in the region (those who were not slaughtered in the process, that is) have been suppressed and outlawed.

Coincidentally, on that very same date, a report by Shirzad Shikhani in Saudi Arabia's Asharq al-Awsat stated that Iraq's KRG president, Massoud Barzani, was informed that "alongside Turkey, the US will not support the proclamation of a Kurdish state." The report made clear that this was the position--whether the Kurds wanted to come to the negotiating table over specific terms for independence or not. Mere mention of the Turks on this subject would be funny if not so tragic.

Ankara's notorious subjugation of some twenty million of its own Kurds (renamed "Mountain Turks" to deny their distinct Kurdish identity)--who predate the invading Central Asian Turks in what's now "Turkey" by millennia--matches the worst that Arabs have put into practice themselves, with the possible exception of Saddam's genocidal Anfal Campaign. The latter took the lives of some 200,000 Kurds in Iraq in the 1980s--not to mention many others slaughtered by Arabs earlier in both Syria and Iraq or those dispatched by the Iranians as well.

It's worth recalling that Iraq, which others now insist Kurds must remain a part of (no matter what the additional cost), is where Kurds were promised independence after World War I, when it was still known as the Mandate of Mesopotamia after the breakup of the Ottoman Empire. They were subsequently shafted, however, after Great Britain received a favorable decision over the fate of the predominantly northern Kurdish area's oil in the Mosul Decision handed down by the League of Nations in 1925. "Arab" Iraq was created in its place--a direct collusion between British petroleum politics and Arab nationalism. While one of the Hashemite Arab princes was being handed the lion's share of Palestine renamed the Emirate of Transjordan, the other was being gifted all of Mesopotamia.

Substitute the American State Department for the Brits' Foreign Office, and nothing has really changed in almost a century regarding the use and abuse of the region's Kurds (and their attitudes towards Jews as well). While Arabs have seen the birth of almost two dozen "Arab" League states during this time period (carved out of mostly other peoples' lands), Kurds are still denied their one.

And while it is also true that the United States has announced that it would not support a renewed unilateral move by Arabs, Washington has made very clear that it indeed supports the creation of that 22nd Arab state as an end result of "negotiations"--even if, in an Obama Administration, that translates into Jew arm-twisting.

Not so, however, for Kurdish aspirations--not even word games regarding such ideas.

And not for others' neither…some forty million non-Arabized (and many other Arabized) Imazighen/"Berbers" in North Africa, for example. The one chance an Amazigh state finally had for independence, when the National Movement for the Liberation of Azawad (MNLA) broke away from northern Mali, was recently avoided like the plague--despite the pleas of the secular Touareg people for help so that Islamists would not gain the upper hand…which they now have.

While this duplicity is really nothing new, it can't be repeated often enough how nauseating the stench of hypocrisy is when it comes to the pursuit of any semblance of real justice in the region. If the cause is not an Arab one, very few folks want to hear about it, let alone act upon it.

Think about the absurdity, for example, of Turks launching a flotilla to protest Israel's defensive blockade of Hamas's Arabs in Gaza, who have launched tens of thousands of rockets, mortars, and missiles deliberately against Jewish civilians, while the Turks are slaughtering or subjugating tens of millions of Kurds in Turkey at the same time.

That a Shi'a Arab dominated Iraq is fast becoming more aligned with its Shi'a Iranian counterparts to the east is also very troubling. Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki's government is trying hard to turn the democracy experiment, which America envisioned and helped sire after the fall of Saddam, into just another Arab dictatorship. It is this current trend that KRG President Barzani was addressing when he threatened to assert Kurdish independence--only to get immediately shot down by those who, for one reason or another, envision justice in Arab and Turkish terms only on such issues.

Add to the above the tragic situation unfolding in Syria, affecting about five million Arabized and non-Arabized Kurds in addition to millions of other people, and Iran's five million or more suppressed Kurds as well, and the duplicity regarding those two news articles on October 29th should demand that some forty million truly stateless Kurds finally make their own move in the United Nations at the same time that Arabs demand a 22nd state of their own.

What a great opportunity that would be to unmask the world's disgraceful double standards on these issues...

By Gerald A. Honigman for EKurd.net, November 12, 2012. You may reach the author via email at: honigman6 (at) msn.com.

Last edited:
Nov 13(Reuters) - When Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan acknowledged the existence of a "Kurdish problem" to a rally in the southeastern city of Diyarbakir, Mayor Osman Baydemir was among thousands who stood to applaud a momentous declaration. For decades, Turkey had refused even to recognise Kurds as a separate ethnic group.

Seven years later, Baydemir, shaking with anger, blames Erdogan's government for the worst fighting between the army and Kurdish rebels in years. Raising the stakes in his confrontation with Ankara, he has joined a hunger strike by Kurdish prisoners.

"When the prime minister said, 'The Kurdish problem is my problem too,' I was among those who stood up and applauded him. But we were fooled, our hopes were falsely raised," he says.

"We are living through the Kurdish cause's most critical period ... Ours is perhaps the last generation willing to extend a hand and negotiate."

Baydemir says the prosecution of thousands of Kurdish politicians and activists since 2009 and more recently the government's slow response to the hunger strike have sapped hopes for a solution to a three-decade conflict with the Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) - deemed a terrorist group by the EU and Washington as well as Turkey.

The Kurdish conflict has taken some 40,000 lives, mainly Kurds, and burns at the heart of Turkey. It brakes the southeastern economy, draws criticism from abroad on rights policies and stirs anger in the Turkish heartland with images of soldiers' coffins returning, draped in the red Turkish flag.

Baydemir, 41, among the most prominent of Kurdish politicians, says his goal is to stop the violence. He is nothing if he is not dogged.

The mayor faces hundreds of criminal cases - too many to count, he says - for things he has said or done, including attending the funerals of PKK militants that has brought him charges of "spreading propaganda for a terrorist organisation".

ERDOGAN'S BOLD STEPS

"All of my life I have stayed away from violence and the instruments of violence, and have seen a legal, democratic struggle as the only means to achieve change," Baydemir says, his hands shaking as he gesticulates with anger.

"But I have had it up to here with the prosecutions, the government's attitude, the judiciary, the media's stance and the majority of Turks who view the Kurdish people's justified cause through a nationalist lens."

Where 37 fellow mayors languish in jail, Baydemir, outspoken as he is, has been spared arrest; perhaps because of his popularity or perhaps because of the symbolic importance of Diyarbakir, a city of 1.5 million people and the regional centre of Turkey's heavily Kurdish southeast.

"The government has shut all legal, democratic channels. This sends Kurds the message: 'Head to the mountains,'" Baydemir says, referring to PKK camps in northern Iraq and the highlands of southeastern Turkey where it fights Turkish soldiers.

Erdogan would see things quite differently.

He has taken steps leaders before him would never have dared in a country that had outlawed even the use of the Kurdish language until 1991.

As part of efforts to meet EU membership criteria, Erdogan allowed Kurdish television broadcasts and, most recently, elective Kurdish language courses at state schools.

In 2010, he risked the wrath of a conservative establishment by endorsing secret talks with PKK representatives. The talks failed, and the PKK has abandoned a ceasefire.

The last 18 months has seen the heaviest fighting in more than a decade between the PKK and the Turkish army. Since June 2011, when Erdogan was re-elected to a third term, more than 800 people have been killed, the deadliest fighting since PKK leader Abdullah Ocalan was captured and jailed in 1999, according to estimates by the International Crisis Group.

Does Baydemir, then, hold the hope of a mediated political solution, as his supporters argue? Or are he and his party tools of the PKK, as Erdogan has suggested?

HUNGER STRIKE

Critics say Baydemir and other officials of his Peace and Democracy Party (BDP) have failed to hold the PKK accountable for violence. The EU has urged the BDP to distance itself explicitly from the insurgents. The BDP, for its part, says it shares no overt links, just a common grassroots.

"The BDP is failing those who voted for them to contribute to a political solution of the Kurdish problem," said Hilal Kaplan, a columnist for the pro-government Yeni Safak newspaper.

"Baydemir is different. He has always questioned the PKK's effectiveness. But he and others on hunger strike are thumbing their noses at the state just when it was ready to negotiate."

Many Turks fear the PKK campaign, combined now with Kurdish rebel activity in Syria and the emergence of a strong autonomous Kurdish entity in northern Iraq, could threaten the unity of Turkey and lead to broader ethnic conflict in the country.

Serafettin Elci, an elder statesman in the Kurdish movement, described Baydemir as a tempering influence, an alternative to the lure of the PKK's promise of forcing change with the gun.

"His genuine aim is to stop the clashes, end the armed struggle and establish a lasting peace between Kurds and the state," said Elci, who served as a cabinet minister in the 1970s and returned to parliament in 2011 in a bloc with the BDP.

Baydemir announced last Saturday he was joining a hunger strike launched 64 days ago by prisoners and now involving some 1,800 people. The protesters, taking sugar water and vitamins, demand expansion of Kurdish language rights and access to lawyers for Ocalan, now held in an island prison off Istanbul.

A death now, says Baydemir, could only further complicate efforts towards a solution.

The government said last week it would send a bill to parliament to allow defendants to testify in Kurdish in court, a key demand, but cabinet has yet to approve it.

Most of the inmates on hunger strike are either convicted PKK members or accused of links to the Union of Kurdistan Communities (KCK), which the state says is a PKK offshoot.

Many of the KCK defendants, including politicians, lawyers, journalists and others in prison for as long as 3-1/2 years without conviction, belong to the BDP, which Erdogan calls the PKK's "political extension."

Baydemir, who studied English in the United States before becoming mayor in 2004, accuses the government of prosecuting those who seek a political alternative to the PKK. That, he says, is the fundamental reason for the escalation in violence.

"We have a powerful prime minister. If he wants to solve the Kurdish issue, he will," the mayor said.

HOUSE UP FOR SALE

In 2010, a court barred Baydemir from traveling outside Turkey, but he has thus far escaped the lengthy pre-trial detention of his peers. Some 190 elected officials are in jail, including 37 mayors. Six BDP lawmakers are also behind bars.

"Authorities have probably decided against detaining Osman because he is so well-liked by the Kurdish public. There is a sensitivity towards Diyarbakir," said Raci Bilici, a successor of Baydemir as secretary of a human rights organisation.

Baydemir publicly lashed out at Erdogan following the arrest of Kurdish politicians in December 2009, and, referring to the BDP's oak tree emblem, asked: "Which branch of the oak tree poked what part of your body?"

Erdogan sued for defamation. Under a court ruling, a quarter of Baydemir's monthly salary is now sequestered to pay Erdogan compensation totalling some 50,000 lira, with fees and interest.

Facing another 50,000 lira suit from Erdogan - this time for calling the prime minister a "facist" following the arrest of another Kurdish mayor earlier this year - Baydemir has put his house up for sale in anticipation of the verdict.

"Osman may be prone to the occasional, very harsh outburst," Elci, the veteran Kurdish activist, observed.

"But at heart he is a dove."

Kurdish mayor in Turkey confronts PM Erdogan | Reuters

Forum List

Back